Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Those clear areas are to allow people in side roads to merge.
He should have waited until invited to join the main traffic flow.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

So if your stationary as i was by a red light he should of waited for the cars to start moving or at least the lights to change then pull into it.

I thought its for when you are stopped as its about 4 cars from lights coming out of a car park, so not flowing traffic i didn't think he was doing wrong as when i

would of started moving he would of fitted in with the flow and also he had the gap there as he was crossing the other side to come onto my side.

Never understood how it worked there as most people just stop on the keep clear.

On 9/6/2018 at 5:29 PM, Turvey said:

I don't like the fact that in the 2 or 3 weeks our son has been driving MY Focus he has had a puncture (still not got it fixed!) put more miles on than I would in 3 months and somehow managed to break the cable between the bonnet lock and the catch!!!

God knows how I'm going to fix it! I've looked through the bonnet catch thread but it seems to only work if the key turns the cable. 

Kids! Who'd have 'em? 🙄

Add a broken exhaust to the list! 🙄 Dragging on the ground from just in front of the back box. So, back box definitely, maybe middle section as well. 

• Sad 1

How'd your son break the back box? You sure it wasn't purposely done to get a more sporty sound? The most miles I did annually on my first car was about 2500 miles. Surprisingly did around 1000 miles on my fiesta. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

How'd your son break the back box? You sure it wasn't purposely done to get a more sporty sound? The most miles I did annually on my first car was about 2500 miles. Surprisingly did around 1000 miles on my fiesta. 

To be fair it did seem pretty rusty! He's done 1500 miles since the 23rd August!!! 

• Like 1

Thick me putting about a Mondeo (Relations car) in the Focus section.....Staff feel free to move it if you can or delete if you cant.....Yes im blonde.

• Like 1

Things I do not like:
Spiders, especially large ones. They seem to like my place, even though it's on the first floor and widows/doors are hardly ever open. 

5 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Things I do not like:
Spiders, especially large ones. They seem to like my place, even though it's on the first floor and widows/doors are hardly ever open. 

They dislike lavender as it's a natural antiseptic 

Anyone else having trouble with eBay lately?

The website keeps crashing on me when I search for anything 

Have you tried any spider stop spray Nick?  Contains peppermint oil amongst other things, it does seem to work tbf.  My Nan used to say a conker in each corner stopped spiders, and she reckoned she never saw any, but judging by the cobwebs in her place I never was convinced by that. :laugh:  It doesn't stop the woodlice though, seem to get loads of them coming out the woodwork (pun intended :wink: ) this time of year...it's not as if I live in a rotten tree stump either. :unsure: 

Lenny, yes, eBay has been crap for months now, it's still logging me out constantly as well as crashing all the time.  Would think they could solve the issues given the amount of money they take from us sellers! 😒  If you were having more issues yesterday that might have been down to customer volume, they had 10% off everything on eBay UK for one day only.

On 9/14/2018 at 3:04 AM, Lenny said:

They dislike lavender as it's a natural antiseptic 

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you tried any spider stop spray Nick?  Contains peppermint oil amongst other things, it does seem to work tbf. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I sprayed all around the skirting boards etc with citrus spray and then later lavender so hopefully it will keep them away for a bit. I'll try picking up some peppermint spray at some point and try that too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

trouble with eBay lately?

The website keeps crashing on me when I search for anything 

For some time now, when I use eBay I have to keep pressing the reload symbol. Most times when I have done a search, and click on a link, nothing happens, apart from a few changes in the browser address bar. I click on reload, and the selected page comes up ok.

I think there is a problem in my main computer, my laptop does not seem to do this, but it is only on eBay. So there is some complex scripting on that site that is stressing the browsers to their limits, I suspect.

Whatever happened to Keep It Simple, Stupid! (KISS). It was good enough for the US Navy in 1960, so I reckon it is good enough now! Needed more than ever, really.

8 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I think there is a problem in my main computer, my laptop does not seem to do this, but it is only on Ebay. So there is some complex scripting on that site that is stressing the browsers to their limits, I suspect.

That's an interesting thought!  I've been noticing the laptop fans running constantly while on eBay lately, and draining the battery more quickly than it used to as well (not sure if that's due to fan use or extra processor use). Autotrader has always caused this effect but eBay never used to.  I thought it was down to all the ads but maybe there is something going on underneath.  I'm getting fed up with all the fan noise between this and DPF regens! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't like an overzealous shop assistant at our local Tesco the other day. 

Mrs Turvey has a knackered back, slipped/prolapsed/leaking disc and as such can't go out in the car meaning our 22 year old daughter has been doing the majority of the household shopping. The other day she and one of our 15 year-old sons went for the weekly shop. At the checkout she was refused permission to buy the alcohol she was buying because the checkout operator thought she was buying it for her underage brother! What she thought a 15 year-old boy would do with a bottle of Pinot Grigio I don't know 🙄

And yes I do know they're only doing their job. I used to work in a bar, and our daughter works in Lidl so I am aware of how aware you should be when selling alcohol but surely commonsense should come into it as well. I don't think anyone buying drink for an underager would actually take them through the checkout with them............ would they? 😏

• Like 1

I don't like having to dry sand. Washed it yesterday which took about 3 hours. I opened the bag and placed some in a water jug a quarter way then used the tap outside to blast it with water and empty the water. Did that a few times until the water looks clear after a few secs of the sand settling then placing it in a bucket. Repeat that for the remaining sand in the bag. The water doesn't look crystal clear but the filter will hopefully solve that once the tank is set up. 

Today checked the sand and is still a little damp so placed half in another bucket and placed it on the side of the bucket in thin layers hopefully which will speed up the drying. I'm going on holiday tomorrow so hopefully it'll be dry in a week especially with the warmer weather coming. 

1537036988457359903927.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Today checked the sand and is still a little damp so placed half in another bucket and placed it on the side of the bucket in thin layers hopefully which will speed up the drying. I'm going on holiday tomorrow so hopefully it'll be dry in a week especially with the warmer weather coming. 

Make a hole on the centre of the sand right down to the bottom of the container much like a well to allow the depth to ventilate will dry faster rather than having to rise, 

Perhaps put it in your airing cupboard or "hot press" as they call them over here,

Here's mine with a Timeguard immersion segment switch fitted to govern the time the immersion heater is on, never need to turn it off manually. 

20180311_155031_zpsnkle8w1w.thumb.jpg.a0554ed0118b5d9d34d9bf8a2d92b3b8.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like trying to find a recent utility bill for ID...it's 2018, who hasn't gone paperless these days!? 😮 

• Like 1

I left a small layer of sand in the middle of the bucket so hopefully it's not thick enough to keep moisture at the bottom. I've left them in the conservatory so hopefully when the temperature gets higher in the week I'm away and when the sun comes out it'll hopefully be hot in there helping with the drying. If it's still a little moist when I'm back I might just use a heat gun 🤣. Wanted to clean it now before I go on holiday so it'll hopefully be clean and dry when I come back and be easier to place into the tank when I come to set it up. Wet sand just sticks to things and makes it a little messy. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I left a small layer of sand in the middle of the bucket so hopefully it's not thick enough to keep moisture at the bottom. I've left them in the conservatory so hopefully when the temperature gets higher in the week I'm away and when the sun comes out it'll hopefully be hot in there helping with the drying. If it's still a little moist when I'm back I might just use a heat gun 🤣. Wanted to clean it now before I go on holiday so it'll hopefully be clean and dry when I come back and be easier to place into the tank when I come to set it up. Wet sand just sticks to things and makes it a little messy. 

We're still talking about the actual sand here rite?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lenny said:

We're still talking about the actual sand here rite?

Yes lol sorry I'm busy packing up to go 😂. Suns come out so that will help warm up the conservatory aiding with the drying. I just hope it's not very fine sand and that it won't give me problems in the fish tank. 

15370908016041140400519.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yes lol sorry I'm busy packing up to go 😂. Suns come out so that will help warm up the conservatory aiding with the drying. I just hope it's not very fine sand and that it won't give me problems in the fish tank. 

Anyone got a centrifuge? 😅

First time on Facebook for a good 6 months to check my old account out i deactivated.

Why is all my Recent not Recent,changed the URL address and Preferences to see first and no good,getting the times all over the place.

First one may be minutes ago then hours then im back to hours then minutes after.........i did think minutes came before hours 5 hours is before 10mins.

Jace, Facebook is always pratting about with the algorithms for news feeds and it often goes wrong. 
A while ago they updated it again and you had to go to pages manually and change the setting on that page using a little box next to where it says following etc. 
The app has never worked correctly either cos they made it more complicated to select recent posts first. 

On 9/17/2018 at 8:16 AM, Nick Y said:

Jace, Facebook is always pratting about with the algorithms for news feeds and it often goes wrong. 
A while ago they updated it again and you had to go to pages manually and change the setting on that page using a little box next to where it says following etc. 
The app has never worked correctly either cos they made it more complicated to select recent posts first. 

I aint been on for ages i even deactivated i just hated it and still do but i have a few people on there i can only keep in touch with through it but

its all over the place,wish my UBlock  would block the Adds.

I don't like the expression "man-cave" 

I quite like the idea of what it suggests, but the actual word(s) annoy me 😁

• Like 1

I don't like when you wait 3 weeks for a item that never arrives and have to start a Dispute through eBay to get my money back,was for purple rain wheel cleaner.

So much for parcel force 48 which they said,3 weeks and just got refund,what a joke.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club