Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

This 馃槀

15379539020511391332180.jpg

My dog says that she doesn't believe everything she reads in the media 馃榿

• Like 5

Hah - in that case your dog is smarter than half of the human race 馃檪

What I dislike? The fact that android music station implemented in my mondeo uses so many electricty (even when it is turned off) that I had to create additional switch for it to be able to manually and completely shut it off (before I worked out it was the problem of music station - I replaced battery twice).

• Like 1

I don't like choosing birthday gifts...any ideas appreciated here.聽 Needs to be under 拢10 and easily postable or delivered directly from online store.聽 For an Elderly Aunt in her 80s - possibly 85 but not sure and don't have any other relatives to ask so nothing with '85' on , now diabetic so can't get chocolate any more (this was the usual gift in previous years), goes on frequent holidays so can't get perishables like flowers as she may not be home at the time, doesn't drink so nothing alcoholic, she has plenty of money so gift card would be pointless.聽 Any ideas? :unsure:

33 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like choosing birthday gifts...any ideas appreciated here.聽 Needs to be under 拢10 and easily postable or delivered directly from online store.聽 For an Elderly Aunt in her 80s - possibly 85 but not sure and don't have any other relatives to ask so nothing with '85' on , now diabetic so can't get chocolate any more (this was the usual gift in previous years), goes on frequent holidays so can't get perishables like flowers as she may not be home at the time, doesn't drink so nothing alcoholic, she has plenty of money so gift card would be pointless.聽 Any ideas? :unsure:

A purse聽

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What about diabetic sweets? My mum gets them from boots for my dad. I was also thinking flowers but you mentioned that although could you give it to the neighbour so they can give it when you aunt is home.聽

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Small scented candle? Old people like small home decor stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robs92 said:

Can get Chocolate scented ones too 馃槂

Try WayFair聽

I'm 32 and I like WayFair聽

• Like 1

That's a good idea about scented candles. My mum buys some and places it in the bathroom.聽

@TomsFocus聽yianni: supercar customizer is on at the moment. There was one episode where a dad bought a Mercedes A class for his son for his 18th birthday and wanted yianni to wrap it chrome blue and the calipers yellow. Really nice of the dad but then I'd think to myself us normal people won't afford a car like that and modify for our children lol. I myself if I have children won't spend a lot of money getting them a car. Really because I know my children would have that lack of experience when they first drive and insurance would be a lot also. Yianni also found it a little tricky finding insurance for the customer stating that it had been wrapped 馃槀.聽

DSC_0557.JPG

DSC_0556.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robs92 said:

That's a fair shout tbh...she does like a certain scent which only old ladies appear to like lol...聽 She does also like a bath (using a bath lift) so maybe the candle idea is the one to go for.

I'm reluctant to get diabetic chocolate as I've been told it's actually no better for them than the regular stuff, and that they are better off just having a small amount of the proper stuff as a treat in moderation.

49 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That's a fair shout tbh...she does like a certain scent which only old ladies appear to like lol...聽 She does also like a bath (using a bath lift) so maybe the candle idea is the one to go for.

I'm reluctant to get diabetic chocolate as I've been told it's actually no better for them than the regular stuff, and that they are better off just having a small amount of the proper stuff as a treat in moderation.

Yankee candles seem to be a good brand, well my wife always favours them over any other.聽

A remote control socket might be another option as it's coming in to winter she may be plugging in a heater or lamp and a remote socket would save getting to the socket at all,

My mother even has her curtains on a remote聽

45 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Yankee candles seem to be a good brand, well my wife always favours them over any other.聽

A remote control socket might be another option as it's coming in to winter she may be plugging in a heater or lamp and a remote socket would save getting to the socket at all,

Ye, there is also kringle candle & country candle - not sure if there is any major difference between them, probably different fragrance lines 馃檪

• Like 3

Im sick of eBay,nothing but problems off sellers and the latest is below on a picture,only wanted a cheaper one as i have a small/better one but this is boxed New.

The complete case is cracked,i put a piece of plastic to show all the heat fins have been smashed,awaiting outcome.

Would you try it or stay well away from trying this as the damage must be a dam hard bang and with a Lead battery inside.

20180927_135022.jpg

20180927_134827.jpg

20180927_134801.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lenny said:

Yeah, I've seen those Yankee candles.聽 Will be having a look in town this afternoon, will let you know what I choose!

Remote curtains sound awesome tbh, I can't get her anything to do with tech though, the TV remote and washing machine setting is more than complicated enough...last time I saw her she genuinely asked if people still use type writers in offices...and doesn't own any CDs let alone DVDs... 馃槷聽 She was also telling me how her friend seemed to have a 6th sense as she always answers the phone with her name...she'd never heard of caller ID!!聽 Last year I also tried to explain how most people now have a smart phone (which isn't a tablet), and that it's not a sign of wealth lol...she then asked where do you speak if it's a phone, I don't think I've spoken on my smart 'phone' in all the time I've owned it. :laugh: I find it quite amazing how someone can get left so far behind with technology, it's not even like she can't afford it, she just has no interest in it!聽 But she must see people using phones and PCs on TV programmes surely... :unsure:聽 She does like one bit of tech though...she's still using a microwave she bought in the 80s when they were new out...stuff isn't built to last like that any more lol!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Im sick of ebay,nothing but problems off sellers and the latest is below on a picture,only wanted a cheaper one as i have a small/better one but this is boxed New.

The complete case is cracked,i put a piece of plastic to show all the heat fins have been smashed,awaiting outcome.

Would you try it or stay well away from trying this as the damage must be a dam hard bang and with a Lead Battery inside.

20180927_135022.jpg

20180927_134827.jpg

20180927_134801.jpg

Update on this,full refund given and that's it,no info or postage cost/label聽 etc and the case is now closed as i can see the item that i had it but only through my purchases

and he is still selling it.

I was going to take the back off and Glue/check things as eBay closed the case,by the sound of it its mine as i did message saying Dangerous and fit for the bin with pictures.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, I've seen those Yankee candles.聽 Will be having a look in town this afternoon, will let you know what I choose!

Remote curtains sound awesome tbh, I can't get her anything to do with tech though, the TV remote and washing machine setting is more than complicated enough...last time I saw her she genuinely asked if people still use type writers in offices...and doesn't own any CDs let alone DVDs... 馃槷聽 She was also telling me how her friend seemed to have a 6th sense as she always answers the phone with her name...she'd never heard of caller ID!!聽 Last year I also tried to explain how most people now have a smart phone (which isn't a tablet), and that it's not a sign of wealth lol...she then asked where do you speak if it's a phone, I don't think I've spoken on my smart 'phone' in all the time I've owned it. :laugh: I find it quite amazing how someone can get left so far behind with technology, it's not even like she can't afford it, she just has no interest in it!聽 But she must see people using phones and PCs on TV programmes surely... :unsure:聽 She does like one bit of tech though...she's still using a microwave she bought in the 80s when they were new out...stuff isn't built to last like that any more lol!

I think you could still look at getting diabetic sweets while your out looking for those candles. Doesn't hurt to get something fancy like low sugar chocolate orange something your aunt might find a little different. My dad is diabetic and my mum would get diabetic sweets or ice cream for him. We all now have sugar free drinks. I kind of get you about having sugary things in moderation but still low sugar stuff is better than full sugar. Sugar can trick the brain in wanting to eat more which won't be good for a diabetic. I've noticed this myself when I have sugary drinks I just start to feel very thirsty during the day.

Its up to you though lol 馃憤

This is what my mum uses. I'm not sure if this is what you call a scented candle

1538135891905738492800.jpg

• Like 1

Tbh it doesn't take much to crack brittle, hard plastic like that, I'd hope the solder inside would survive a bump but it's still worth checking as you suggest.聽

At worst if there's a short inside it might pop the trip switch when you plug it into the mains, or the cig lighter fuse in the car, it won't shock you through the plastic casing.

Lead acid batteries aren't likely to explode from a bump either, it's lithium batteries that you have to be careful of.

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

I think you could still look at getting diabetic sweets while your out looking for those candles. Doesn't hurt to get something fancy like low sugar chocolate orange something your aunt might find a little different. My dad is diabetic and my mum would get diabetic sweets or ice cream for him. We all now have sugar free drinks. I kind of get you about having sugary things in moderation but still low sugar stuff is better than full sugar. Sugar can trick the brain in wanting to eat more which won't be good for a diabetic. I've noticed this myself when I have sugary drinks I just start to feel very thirsty during the day.

Its up to you though lol 馃憤

This is what my mum uses. I'm not sure if this is what you call a scented candle

1538135891905738492800.jpg

The trouble with reduced sugar items is that they put artificial sweeteners in them instead, the sweeteners can also affect blood sugars (granted, not as much as real sugar) and can have other negative effectives, particularly bowel issues and laxative effects lol.聽 If your Dad likes them and doesn't have any negative effects then that's great, but I don't really want to risk it for a birthday 'treat'. :smile:聽 I'll see what's about though, though there isn't exactly a huge range of shops here lol, bit different to the choice in London I reckon! :biggrin:

I only ever drink water myself now, used to have flavoured sparkling water (very manly I know :wink: ) but even that turned out to be very acidic so not great for stomach or teeth.聽 Hopefully there's not much that can go wrong with plain water...though I do worry about retaining the minerals in it and causing stones... 馃槷聽 But then I worry about anything to do with bodies lol. :laugh:

Can't say I've seen those sticks before...I wouldn't call them a candle tbh, but they do look safer as there's no chance of burning the house down with them!聽 Although knowing my luck I'd bend down to reach the loo brush and take my eye out with them... :lol:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus聽yianni: supercar customizer is on at the moment. There was one episode where a dad bought a Mercedes A class for his son for his 18th birthday and wanted yianni to wrap it chrome blue and the calipers yellow. Really nice of the dad but then I'd think to myself us normal people won't afford a car like that and modify for our children lol. I myself if I have children won't spend a lot of money getting them a car. Really because I know my children would have that lack of experience when they first drive and insurance would be a lot also. Yianni also found it a little tricky finding insurance for the customer stating that it had been wrapped 馃槀.聽

DSC_0557.JPG

DSC_0556.JPG

That looks really cool tbh...I do like bright blue cars! :biggrin:聽 Not聽a fan of the black wheels though lol.

Did they say how much the insurance was when they eventually found a company to cover an 18 year old with a heavily modified Merc lol? 馃槷

• Like 1

So, our local shops don't sell much of interest tbh...even the chain stores like Boots are so small they don't stock any diabetic stuff, candles or gift sets here.聽 I went off the idea of candles due to the fire risk, and it turns out you can't post reed diffusers because of the liquid in them.

Ended up at Tesco, kept with the theme of relaxing bathroom scents though and chose some Spa style bath gels...apparently you can post toiletry gels via RM.聽 Also found some low sugar chocolate there which cost just over a quid so that's worth a shot as well, no loss if she doesn't want to try it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to ask you guys again next time I have to buy a birthday gift for anyone!! :biggrin:

IMG_20180928_163041586.thumb.jpg.a80f395bccdeb95d945b8c5502ea5875.jpg

• Like 2

Don't like...........When my bluetooth cant understand my accent.........Me.........Dial Name

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 bluetooth..........Store Name........Name please.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........Cancel and try again.

• Like 1

I don't like that someone cut in front of me on a roundabout today 馃槫. They recently changed the layout on the roundabout so it makes it easier for cyclist such as adding traffic lights. One thing I was a little happy on was the driver had the courtesy to flash his hazards but then I think it was a little stupid of them just to get one car length in front. Luckily I controlled myself and kept my distance. They had a jaguar XF with a private number plate which just goes to show money don't buy brains.聽

• Like 1

I don't like lorry drivers. Why do they feel it's acceptable to cut you up on a roundabout? I think they might actually be worse for it that vans and taxis combined.聽

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hywelkidd said:

I don't like lorry drivers. Why do they feel it's acceptable to cut you up on a roundabout? I think they might actually be worse for it that vans and taxis combined.聽

Probably because they have a huge, awkward to manoeuvre vehicle with low visibility that can't start, stop or turn as easily as a car...聽 Taxi's are still by far the worst for roundabouts here though...

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Probably because they have a huge, awkward to manoeuvre vehicle with low visibility that can't start, stop or turn as easily as a car...聽 Taxi's are still by far the worst for roundabouts here though...

The one that cut me up this morning was already stopped though and just pulled out on me. That being said, Taxi drivers are by far the least considerate drivers聽on the road overall. Not quite as bad on roundabouts as Lorry drivers round here, but the ones in Evesham do like to hold up聽traffic on the already busy high street so they can do a u-turn.聽

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club