Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

That's the second ULEZ piece they've done this series, they did one on the newer Black Cabs a few weeks ago as well.  I'm not sure their facts are 100% though if I'm honest! :unsure:

They've also missed the point about hybrids.  It's not about saving the whole planet, it's about reducing the NOx and particulates in a very small and specific area...the battery range should easily get you across central London without needing the IC engine.  But then also allow you to cruise down the motorway at 80 for hours with just a quick fuel stop now and then, unlike a fully electric car, it's the best compromise we have currently.

I must admit, I've been watching a lot of depressing documentaries on how humans are ruining the world lately...  Some things I'd never even thought about...Stacey Dooley did a documentary on clothing last night...it turns out cotton is a massive issue due to the vast amounts of water needed to grow it, and the 3rd world processing factories that are just dumping chemicals from dying straight into the rivers.  But synthetic fabrics aren't great either, they are a huge contributor to micro plastics in the ocean every time you wash a fleece or something.

Then there's been a few documentaries on sealife eating large amounts of plastic lately...I don't even like animals, but it's awful seeing how much solid plastic is permanently stuck in their stomachs.  And even worse to see some places are literally dumping their plastic waste straight into rivers or the sea...they've always done it with degradeable items, but our western world has given them plastic that they can't dispose of.

There was also one on landfill sites a few weeks ago...now personally I don't like chucking plastic or anything synthetic, but I'm not so fussed about chucking things I'd expect to biodegrade easily like soiled cardboard etc.  However it turns out they cap off landfill sites with clay, making them airtight, so the bacteria don't survive long enough to biodegrade things...they dug up a 30 year old landfill site and picked out a fully readable newspaper for example! 😮 

It just seems like humans have well and truly ruined it, and that there's not really much we can do now compared to the scale of the issues.  We can't go back to living a stone age life and remove all of the stuff we have now, so the problem will only ever get worse. :sad: 

• Like 1

@TomsFocus I do think that developed countries / the large world national groups should educate the less developed countries about those problems and look into a way of preventing people from throwing rubbish and chemicals which can endanger animals. I do think making things biodegradable is a big step into reducing rubbish. I don't like this charge coming to London but there are things which question me about it. An example can be I saw a article about a 7 year old girl who died of an asthma attack in London and they are saying her asthma attack may have been triggered by the pollution. 

Places like turkey for example I hardly saw any rubbish / litter on the streets. I think that's mainly down to how much they respect their country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus I do think that developed countries / the large world national groups should educate the less developed countries about those problems and look into a way of preventing people from throwing rubbish and chemicals which can endanger animals. I do think making things biodegradable is a big step into reducing rubbish. I don't like this charge coming to London but there are things which question me about it. An example can be I saw a article about a 7 year old girl who died of an asthma attack in London and they are saying her asthma attack may have been triggered by the pollution. 

Places like turkey for example I hardly saw any rubbish / litter on the streets. I think that's mainly down to how much they respect their country. 

Check out this guy dissolving polystyrene in Acetone, pretty cool and no residue compared to dissolving into petrol 

But he then flushed it down the toilet 😧

I sincerely hope he wasn't on the 19th floor of an apartment block with the neighbours flushing a cigarette 🤔😧

• Like 1

I don't like The Circle finishing on channel 4 on Monday...  I don't usually like reality TV but got fully immersed in it!

Can't find anything else worth watching at 10pm now lol. :sad:

47 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like The Circle finishing on channel 4 on Monday...  I don't usually like reality TV but got fully immersed in it!

Can't find anything else worth watching at 10pm now lol. :sad:

Get Netflix! Tons of stuff on there 😎

• Like 2

Get Netflix! Tons of stuff on there [emoji41]
Coming to Sky in November too [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I'm between netflix and amazon Prime 

I ensured to purchase web OS based Samsung  smart televisions which allow both Netflix and amazon to be used aswell as YouTube 👍

I don't like the feral kids from the road below us playing on our lawn earlier tonight! Go and play in your own gardens!

download.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the feral kids from the road below us playing on our lawn earlier tonight! Go and play in your own gardens!

I had that once with a kid from 5 doors down, 

They were playing "hide and seek"

Unfortunately for this guy he chose our garden, I went out to the car and saw him crouched down between the car and the wall; I then shouted at him to GTF 😅 took the poor lad a minute to jump the wall as he was frozen 

We were newly moved in to the house at the time and the kids used to ring our door bell then run away constantly because we wouldn't know there parents to report them lol 

So when I found one in my garden I set the story straight, 

Now twelve years on my kids are the ones out playing but not ringing doorbells, yet that kids parents still diss me on the street because of the time I yelled at there son for acting suspicious 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

Don't you have to pay for Netflix though?  I just use Freeview as it's free lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't you have to pay for Netflix though?  I just use Freeview as it's free lol. 

We don't pay for it......

Our daughter does 😁 😎

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Turvey said:

We don't pay for it......

Our daughter does 😁 😎

and my daughter. lol she lives with her mum but she put it on our tv when shes here. got my own user profile too. think she got 5 user profile account now as she did have 3 and was meant for her, my son and my step daughter. but when i started using it , it stopped one of those 3 from using it. ha ha. 

• Haha 2

Doing the Netflix amongst friends at work. Four of us chip in £2.50 per month and have the 4K package which allows you to have 4 streams at any one time. I can at least trust that all of the others in the group have only got it setup on their main front room TV and haven't shared it further (have never had any issue with 'too many users' to date).

• Like 1

I dropped the kids to school thismorning and went straight to the wholesalers to purchase two sheets of insulated plaster board and some fixings, 

I really don't like finding out that I've possibly been incorrectly charged for some items at my very local DIY wholesaler chain store perhaps I'm reading it all wrong, 

I really don't like it because I'm embarrassed to be going back in there tomorrow morning and asking them to explain my invoice to me as I think I've been overcharged by a total of €80.70/£70.68GBP 

I won't post a picture of the full invoice as it has the reputable company name printed all over it and I know the staff fairly well they all live locally and If I was overcharged I'm sure it's because the place was busy at the time.

Here's how the invoice reads: 

20181012_004624.thumb.jpg.7ba276a80f8bc987c2ac91709be5a787.jpg20181012_010327.thumb.jpg.cdc731d07035c3462952304bed228908.jpg

1 Gang Dry lining box €2.03

Polyiso Thermal Liner 2 @ €34.50each = €69.00

Metal Insulation Fixings €7.20

KRINO SDS Drill Bit €5.04

Freight Charge €14.23 

Sub Total€97.50 

VAT @ 23% €22.43 

Total €119.93 

Yet the card reciept stapled to this invoice and my bank statement shows a bill of €200.00 deducted from my card

20181012_005516.thumb.jpg.cb47e439b6d196a273371d0b3f49c025.jpg

I don't want to get anyone in to trouble in the place,

I also don't want to be overcharged by such an amount neither

Am i missing Somthing on the bill as i feel ive potentially been charged €80.70/£70.68GBP too much.

• Confused 1

@Lenny maybe best then to go ask them. If they undercharged you it would be a different story but if your total amount is correct that is a lot over. 

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

I dropped the kids to school thismorning and went straight to the wholesalers to purchase two sheets of insulated plaster board and some fixings, 

I really don't like finding out that I've possibly been incorrectly charged for some items at my very local DIY wholesaler chain store perhaps I'm reading it all wrong, 

I really don't like it because I'm embarrassed to be going back in there tomorrow morning and asking them to explain my invoice to me as I think I've been overcharged by a total of €80.70/£70.68GBP 

I won't post a picture of the full invoice as it has the reputable company name printed all over it and I know the staff fairly well they all live locally and If I was overcharged I'm sure it's because the place was busy at the time.

Here's how the invoice reads: 

20181012_004624.thumb.jpg.7ba276a80f8bc987c2ac91709be5a787.jpg20181012_010327.thumb.jpg.cdc731d07035c3462952304bed228908.jpg

1 Gang Dry lining box €2.03

Polyiso Thermal Liner 2 @ €34.50each = €69.00

Metal Insulation Fixings €7.20

KRINO SDS Drill Bit €5.04

Freight Charge €14.23 

Sub Total€97.50 

VAT @ 23% €22.43 

Total €119.93 

Yet the card reciept stapled to this invoice and my bank statement shows a bill of €200.00 deducted from my card

20181012_005516.thumb.jpg.cb47e439b6d196a273371d0b3f49c025.jpg

I don't want to get anyone in to trouble in the place,

I also don't want to be overcharged by such an amount neither

Am i missing Somthing on the bill as i feel ive potentially been charged €80.70/£70.68GBP too much.

Certainly looks like there's an anomaly. I would definitely question it. 

The alignment on their printer needs sorting! :unsure:  But with the actual figures, I can't see where the extra $80 comes from, $200.00 is far too perfect to be an actual total anyway.  Only thing I wondered is if they have a minimum price being a trade wholesale place?

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny maybe best then to go ask them. If they undercharged you it would be a different story but if your total amount is correct that is a lot over. 

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Certainly looks like there's an anomaly. I would definitely question it. 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The alignment on their printer needs sorting! :unsure:  But with the actual figures, I can't see where the extra $80 comes from, $200.00 is far too perfect to be an actual total anyway.  Only thing I wondered is if they have a minimum price being a trade wholesale place?

Thanks for the comments guys,

There wholesalers but also sell to the public, much the same as Screwfix but this place isint Screwfix 

I went in at the same time again thismorning and the guy I dealt with yesterday was putting tins on one of the shelves, so I approached him and firstly said that I was glad to have found him on the shop floor as I really didn't want to have to inform anyone else about my query and I then asked him to examine the invoice,

He looked at it and first said ow we charged you seven cents too much it's €199.93 but we round things off like it's only seven cents, 

I said no mate I'm sorry but that's €119.93 not €199.93 

He then put it close to his eyes and said on Jesus your right, he then asked if I had gotten a second invoice with something else to the value of €80.00 

I told him truthfully I hadn't and I reminded him that it was himself I had dealt with and surly he remembers me being there purchasing only those items which he provided from the back of the counter, I had approached the checkout empty handed.

He then stepped back and apologised again, I told him it was no problem just a simple mistake and I remember they were answering phone calls while processing on the checkout aswell which allowed for such errors to occur. 

He took the bank card and returned €80 back on to it then tapped my arm and thanked me for keeping it between us as much as possible.

20181012_120248.thumb.jpg.2dd6ce8f0e357759b03e7b85e62f1582.jpg

All sorted now and I'm glad I didn't have to explain it to any other staff member as I didn't want any trouble just a fair transaction.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

He looked at it and first said ow we charged you seven cents too much it's €199.93 but we round things off like it's only seven cents, 

I said no mate I'm sorry but that's €119.93 not €199.93 

He then put it close to his eyes and said on Jesus your right, he then asked if I had gotten a second invoice with something else to the value of €80.00 

Shoulda gone to Specsavers... :laugh: 

Glad you got it sorted easily enough though.

• Haha 1

I don't like that i only have a few options for dash cams as i have to have a Wedge style A119 which is amazing but fitted on the plastic wiper/light sensor cover.

If on window on the top i pick up the MASSIVE stupid cover that i have it fitted on now.

I don't like people not leaving an e-mail contact when selling cars. :sad: 

I always Google the number to see if I can find one...think I might give this particular car a miss after finding the contact number on this website though...eurgh. :unsure:  Just imagine calling her in the middle of work to ask about the car.  :laugh:  https://www.elliesintimatewaxing.co.uk/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like people not leaving an e-mail contact when selling cars. :sad: 

I always Google the number to see if I can find one...think I might give this particular car a miss after finding the contact number on this website though...eurgh. :unsure:  Just imagine calling her in the middle of work to ask about the car.  :laugh:  https://www.elliesintimatewaxing.co.uk/

I can imagine the start of the conversion and you being confused on what the lady is on about when she says the company 😂

I don't like an audi driver I saw today. Was driving a little impatient. First he twitched the car near a pedestrian looking to cross and see the ped look at him then see the driver run a red light crossing after the pedestrians crossed. He then mounted the pavement slightly as he was impatient to wait for a driver who came out a side road to wait for someone to give him way. I was behind him go at my normal speed and catching up to him at traffic lights 😂. I think something has to be done on impatient drivers. 

• Like 2

Bit of a complaint and an unusual find here, i cant rant about it anywhere else so here goes lol

On 31st January 2018

i purchased a television bracket from eBay uk for our daughters bedroom, the Bracket is called a LUMI LPA16-224

I don't personally remember that date 😅 but according to my eBay purchase history; that's when I bought it, 

I later purchased some plastic M6 nut caps in silver to enhance its appearance a bit when it's extended from the wall and here it is fitted 

20180225_114037_zpszeq5o6u3_edit_1520968843879_zpsjxhycuhl.thumb.jpg.30f4302024c90a66a4910fe0fd373421.jpg

20180225_114329_zps6jmxzry0_edit_1520969027495_zpsqmrk29ca.thumb.jpg.302fdf82e772f2a6b692a5a3c64c1677.jpg

20180225_153420_zpsbuacp9q3.thumb.jpg.323fb5feda34e4a363be9273bb41ccf0.jpg

there's even YouTube videos of it 

Bought first one for £18.99 on eBay with free UK shipping here's the old listing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tilt-Swivel-Corner-Mount-TV-Wall-Bracket-For-Samsung-LED-TVs-32-37-40-42-inch-/322043284918 

I quite like its design and it fits tighter to the wall compared to other extending brackets on the market this one folds back to 27mm,

Last week i tried to purchase a second one now for our bedroom and sadly there no longer available from the same seller,

There's some stock still available on eBay but shipping is from California on this one which would leed to import charges https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Motion-TV-Wall-Mount-23-26-27-32-36-37-40-42-Slim-Bracket-LCD-LED-VESA/222972447257 

Others available from New Zealand,

The only place I could find to purchase it in the uk was on amazon but it's not sold as a "LUMI LPA16-224" anymore 🙁 nor is it sold for £18.99 anymore neither 😥

It's now branded as "Puremounts PM-MOTION-37" and selling for £46.42 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006COG2QO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_UUGXBbDHAT6KW 

I was reluctant to post this content back when I initially purchased the second bracket but now that it has arrived I can confirm they are exactly the same design and contain the exact same fixings in the same packets, the format layout of the installation manual almost identical, 

First one LUMI LPA16-224 please excuse additional items, this picture is from archives 

20180225_221904_zpsjis8r48y.thumb.jpg.a4950bfb7053620ca77c2c749051aab9.jpg

Second one Puremounts PM-MOTION-37

20181016_162205.thumb.jpg.7cd6a75dd15445e2bca7982d000adbbf.jpg

only the outter packaging is different as the first one was just a plain cardboard box and this one is more styled for the retail market with print on it. 

20181016_160021.thumb.jpg.8c35cddb793d9a8a2026257d631d1a94.jpg

20181016_160041.thumb.jpg.7ee0d93d4c38fd7ae73562b32fb99bde.jpg

Overall the only difference when fitted will be that it says "Puremounts" on the face of the Vesa plate which will be covered by a television soon after 😀 then there's absolutely no difference between the two brackets except the price increase.

They didn't even fit some plastic caps on the nuts as I have done myself on the £18.99 model lol my extra £27.43 has gone on retail packaging and a logo which is covered by the television 🤪 mad.

But I'm glad to have the same bracket for both rooms as it fits tighter to the wall compared to other extending brackets at only 27mm.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't like seeing someone riding their horse on a footpath today! I'll bet they wouldn't have cleaned up after it if it had left a deposit.

I also don't like today's earworm. Sara Cox played it for some strange reason this morning........

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

I also don't like today's earworm. Sara Cox played it for some strange reason this morning........

I hate that song. My kids are obsessed with it right now... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club