Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, hywelkidd said:

I hate that song. My kids are obsessed with it right now... 

So are mine 😅

Ah I hear that song to much that even I hear my sister singing it now 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Here's another one 

I don't think I know that one but I don't want it to stuck in my head 😂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Here's another one 

That's one of the more annoying scooter songs (and probably not suitable for children). 

• Like 1

Aint there things you wish you kept,just looking at eBay at the Motorbikes as i was into Bikes in a massive way and mainly Yamaha ones.

Think i had the full range back then from the 50DT upto the RD350LC,they were all lets say not standard but my the prices now.

From 5k upto 20+k.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Aint there things you wish you kept,just looking at Ebay at the Motorbikes as i was into Bikes in a massive way and mainly Yamaha ones.

Think i had the full range back then from the 50DT upto the RD350LC,they were all lets say not standard but my the prices now.

From 5k upto 20+k.

I've kind of had a thought about getting into riding a motorbike. Only thing which stops me is the fatal accidents or severe injuries I hear people have. If I did ride a bike I'd probably drive in 30mph roads. 

• Like 1

I don't like feeling old in a way that I can't deny 😅 

When I was in my twenties I used to work 7am - 7pm five days then 7am - 3pm on the Saturday off Sunday then in 11am-11pm for five days.

I'm now 33 and usually only do 7am-3pm six days then off Sunday's in 3pm-11pm for five days then 7am-3pm on the Saturday off Sunday then in 11pm-7am for five nights mon-fri

Anyway I've started to do 7am-7pm in work again this week staying on an extra four hours.

I'm absolutely exhausted and body aching muscles lol I must be getting old 

I don't like feeling old in a way that I can't deny [emoji28] 
When I was in my twenties I used to work 7am - 7pm five days then 7am - 3pm on the Saturday off Sunday then in 11am-11pm for five days.
I'm now 33 and usually only do 7am-3pm six days then off Sunday's in 3pm-11pm for five days then 7am-3pm on the Saturday off Sunday then in 11pm-7am for five nights mon-fri
Anyway I've started to do 7am-7pm in work again this week staying on an extra four hours.
I'm absolutely exhausted and body aching muscles lol I must be getting old 
Old??
Try 48 and having to run around with dogs for 12 hours at a time [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

@Lenny you're not old, you're just working long hours (and this is coming from somebody who's only working ~7:45 to 18:00 Monday to Friday).

The thing that gets to me in the end is the gradual wear and tear of time between days I take off (and I am not good with my leave as I would rather not be at home and am trying to save money so don't really go anywhere either).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

I've kind of had a thought about getting into riding a motorbike. Only thing which stops me is the fatal accidents or severe injuries I hear people have. If I did ride a bike I'd probably drive in 30mph roads. 

Going back then when your young like 16 area it never comes into your mind its just a new thing to do,i did it as i did ride scramblers so started very young

but i 100% agree as i had a very bad accident on a bike when i was around 18.

Don't know if anyone knows the part 1 of the Test back then when you look over you shoulder 3 times (left/right then left again) can be bad.

Lets say metal pins in Left leg,after that i got on a bike again but mom/dad was petrified when i was out so it went.

• Like 1

my son decided to ask me to fit one of those amp/sub combo from Halfords in his fiat grande punto . 

standard fiat crappy radio with no ign feed or antenna output. 

to be fair he did give me the wiring kit for the amp, i just ended up getting and paying for  a new jvc stereo and adapter kit . 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

my son decided to ask me to fit one of those amp/sub combo from halfords in his fiat grande punto . 

standard fiat crappy radio with no ign feed or antenna output. 

to be fair he did give me the wiring kit for the amp, i just ended up getting and paying for  a new jvc stereo and adapter kit . 

Father of the year for sure 

And its only 67 days from Christmas 👍 keep it coming dad 

• Like 1

yeah right. i upset the neighbours with it also, grumpy old gits round my way and i dont mean me . had to test it at full volume didnt i. ha ha. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, iantt said:

yeah right. i upset the neighbours with it also, grumpy old gits round my way and i dont mean me . had to test it at full volume didnt i. ha ha. 

Try this, 

I've a sealed enclosure with 10" JL Audio sub can feel it in my chest 

14 hours ago, iantt said:

Forgot to ask 

Have you tuned the amplifier yet or do you plan to ? 

I have a syn wave audio CD there and a multimeter if you want a lend, 

IMG_20150419_183818_zpsdedsxx4j.thumb.jpg.be4c9dc102f73ff74f27d70717bc4c04.jpg

Disconnect all Speakers

Set all equaliser to flat line 

IMG_20150419_175634_zpsbyiudjhg.thumb.jpg.431ec18c6ea905e68df60bd6386613d1.jpg

IMG_20150419_175813_zpsv5pv6qsk.thumb.jpg.91c6952162d594184c7559a842533688.jpg

Put in the CD 

IMG_20150419_175914_zpsw0hngqpp.thumb.jpg.5434dd8e3c377659691fd4df4e0c1185.jpg

Select the 50hz track on the CD and set the volume to 50% 

IMG_20150419_175813_zpsv5pv6qsk.thumb.jpg.f1fadb180adba0185ea45762df192477.jpg

Connect multimeter to speaker output on the mono amplifier

IMG_20150419_182307_zpsayz9m7md.thumb.jpg.515fec20d0f086c0db207e5339ff5bf6.jpg

then turn the sensitivity screw on the amplifier to set the correct ohm output guarantees optimum bass 

IMG_20150419_175430_zpss6piqfsv.thumb.jpg.ff04d74bca28a9dada1b33fe5b72e882.jpg

IMG_20150419_174520_zpsv3j3shwb.thumb.jpg.d7879c930ad60b815a169348a03154fc.jpg

When set, eject CD and reconnect the sub 

IMG_20150419_183526_zpsipbs9b0n.thumb.jpg.bfb82ce4dc7427367b9d16ce19a2379c.jpg

IMG_20150419_183454_zpsrc1qcfza.thumb.jpg.df870e9b0c2d554cf9bc4b4514266c54.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, iantt said:

left it for my son to have a fiddle first . 

Lol I'm thinking of putting a underseat sub in the car. My dad originally had it but because his VW bora has no space under the seat he just got a normal base box. 

Found the wiring for it and the remote (which I hope works) so just need to ask dad when he can wire it in 😂

DSC_0497.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol I'm thinking of putting a underseat sub in the car. My dad originally had it but because his VW bora has no space under the seat he just got a normal base box. 

Found the wiring for it and the remote (which I hope works) so just need to ask dad when he can wire it in 😂

DSC_0497.JPG

If you have an aftermarket headunit you should be able to control the bass with it instead of fitting a remote

I don't like hearing that Top Gear is changing again and instead of just replacing Matt LeBlanc, they are replacing Rory Reid too for an ex-cricketer and some tv gameshow host/ex-comedian (Flintoff and McGuiness).
Do either of them know about cars like Rory Reid and LeBlanc did?
Rory will still be on the show sometimes but will be seen more as the presenter of Extra Gear and in a more online role. 
Rory was great as a presenter so I cant understand why BBC are making these decisions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like hearing that Top Gear is changing again and instead of just replacing Matt LeBlanc, they are replacing Rory Reid too for an ex-cricketer and some tv gameshow host/ex-comedian (Flintoff and McGuiness).
Do either of them know about cars like Rory Reid and LeBlanc did?
Rory will still be on the show sometimes but will be seen more as the presenter of Extra Gear and in a more online role. 
Rory was great as a presenter so I cant understand why BBC are making these decisions. 

images-1.jpg.e4df6a0462f02b3887428467bb5bca11.jpg

Never be the same without Clarkson in mg opinion,

However the Grand Tour series 3 is rumoured to return on 03rd November 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

If you have an aftermarket headunit you should be able to control the bass with it instead of fitting a remote

I want to try to keep the car looking standard. Stuff like the lights I changed you won't notice until the night. 

@Nick Y I heard about that today on the radio. I don't think it's a good thing to keep changing the presenters. Funny thing today in uni was I was watching a video about MRSA with Richard Hammond as the presenter 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

I want to try to keep the car looking standard. Stuff like the lights I changed you won't notice until the night. 

I agree with your styling, I never changed somthing unless I could make it look factory fitted, then it stands out when parked next to a standard model. 

Thankfully I got a good aftermarket headunit surround looks just like the factory one but has the double din opening.

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I agree with your styling, I never changed somthing unless I could make it look factory fitted, then it stands out when parked next to a standard model. 

If I had a standard model fiesta I probably would. The zetec s I have along with the optional extras it has like the red dashboard and rear factory tints sets the car off. It's very rare also to see a fiesta come like this from the factory so I'd kind of feel bad changing the exterior or interior. Actually saw a green anniversary fiesta twice last week and it looked really nice. Only mod I saw was the owner sprayed the wheels gloss black. Makes it hard for me to decide whether to get that or a white ST

• Like 1

I don't like spending all evening hunting out all the documents the mortgage company want for 'porting' our loan.

Home insurance, life cover/critical illness/income protection etc death in service, payslip, bank statements (2 accounts) last 3 months.

Some accounts are online and needed to be downloaded and some are hard copies and needed to be scanned. All documents are to be emailed. I think we're just going to go into our branch and get them to email/fax it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club