Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Could be worse .... My kids have Lego [emoji44][emoji24]

I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I feel your pain.

☺ reminds me of "the darthvapor" a guy whom is always in the Gents locker room when I go to work at 6am or 10pm can hear the vape machine and smell like a sweet shop, 

I always tell them " I prefer the other flavour" then say "oh sorry forgot I don't have a choice when breathing it do i" still doesn't stop them though. 

On 11/15/2018 at 4:36 PM, black_cat47 said:

Too right, there needs to be some sort of punishment for drivers who act like that. It's ridiculous. Speaking on the matter actually, my girlfriend was in a 4-car car crash somewhere along the A19 yesterday, all because of a tailgater. Needless to say I was livid when I found out. 

And for some reason you typically fall victim to tailgating a lot less when driving a sportier car. I'm not saying I'm exempt, but people seem to do it less nowadays. It's just an ST-2 that I drive now, deters a lot more tailgaters than my old banger did way back in the day haha. 

That's not good to hear. Is she okay and is insurance helping her? Yeah with tailgaters I start to focus on them than on the road sometimes that there's moments it feels like I might of got a bit too close to the car in front. To me it mainly happens in slow moving traffic but you cant blame everyone including people with a manual as the car will roll at a certain speed with the clutch up which sometimes makes them go close to the car in front. 

Just today I had a lady in her white range rover have the opportunity to go in the right lane to overtake me and go straight just when the lights went green. I saw her walking across the road taking her sweet time to get to her car a minute back. Funny thing is I took the first left turn whilst she went straight ahead on the dual carriageway and in the hospital car park I saw her drive the other way on the main road meaning she turned off the carriageway and was coming back the opposite direction. 

The funny thing is I just was watching a video on cheap luxury cars for under 10k and tgst exact range rover was on it so she don't fool me in thinking she's rich plus she won't be able to keep that big diesel when the emissions charge comes 😂

I (mildly) don't like our mortgage provider! 

FYI In Scotland the seller of a house has to get a survey done before selling.

The house we're buying and hopefully moving into in less than 2 weeks had a survey/valuation done by a surveyor NOT recognised by our mortgage provider. They arranged to get one done(at their expense)by a recognised surveyor about 2 weeks ago. Mrs Turvey phoned yesterday to find out what stage we were at and how things were progressing. She was told that they had been experiencing a bit of trouble arranging a survey on No 35! Considering we are buying No 45 I'm not surprised they were struggling! 

Still waiting to hear back from them to hear if they've got a survey sorted yet 🙄

Hopefully it won't affect the move date as the people buying our house want in on the Friday (Saturday flitting, short sitting) electric/phone line etc arranged to be moved. 

I don't like how there's always been a bird box on the side of our neighbours house overlooking our drive. It doesn't take a genius to know that birds lighten their load straight after take off does it? Sometimes they even get both cars at once :ranting:

Just saw this not long ago from my room. Thankfully the firebrigade came and put it out. 

DSC_0650.JPG

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Just saw this not long ago from my room. Thankfully the firebrigade came and put it out. 

😯

29 minutes ago, zain611 said:

DSC_0650.JPG

As long as it wasn't your car 😮

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lenny said:

😯

31 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

As long as it wasn't your car 😮

Just went out in the garden and there was a barbecue smell so most likely the people there were having a barbecue and something lit alight. 

32 minutes ago, zain611 said:
Just went out in the garden and there was a barbecue smell so most likely the people there were having a barbecue and something lit alight. 

Are you absolutely sure that something wasn't your car? 😉

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

Are you absolutely sure that something wasn't your car? 😉

It wouldnt be the car as that fire was at the back of the house🤣. Did check the car as my grandparents came and parked next to it. I secretly got the keys to their car and opened the doors to check that it wouldn't touch my car when fully opened which hopefully it didn't. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

Did check the car as my grandparents came and parked next to it. I secretly got the keys to their car and opened the doors to check that it wouldn't touch my car when fully opened which hopefully it didn't. 

🤣 Good work!

• Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 4:36 PM, black_cat47 said:

And for some reason you typically fall victim to tailgating a lot less when driving a sportier car. I'm not saying I'm exempt, but people seem to do it less nowadays. It's just an ST-2 that I drive now, deters a lot more tailgaters than my old banger did way back in the day haha. 

The smaller the car the worse it is!  Now that I drive a van - I have very little trouble with bullies on the road.  Idiots in front is another story...

I took my potential Mother-in-Law's Smart coupe for a spin the other week - literally a run I've done a thousand times with no issues - 2 miles maybe - I lost count of how many people were being knobs!

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

I (mildly) don't like our mortgage provider! 

FYI In Scotland the seller of a house has to get a survey done before selling.

The house we're buying and hopefully moving into in less than 2 weeks had a survey/valuation done by a surveyor NOT recognised by our mortgage provider. They arranged to get one done(at their expense)by a recognised surveyor about 2 weeks ago. Mrs Turvey phoned yesterday to find out what stage we were at and how things were progressing. She was told that they had been experiencing a bit of trouble arranging a survey on No 35! Considering we are buying No 45 I'm not surprised they were struggling! 

Still waiting to hear back from them to hear if they've got a survey sorted yet 🙄

Hopefully it won't affect the move date as the people buying our house want in on the Friday (Saturday flitting, short sitting) electric/phone line etc arranged to be moved. 

We had a hard time convincing our conveyancer that we don't have a conservatory.  To the point that on the phone to her I quite literally said "Not being funny love, but I'm stood in the garden right now...I can see a lot things, but none them come close to being a ***** conservatory!!"

Don't get me started on the solar panels!!

For the record, I rate "Premier Property Services" at 1/10.  

I'm not sure about that. I think it's generally two types of people - those with something to prove and those simply in a rush. With the latter it doesn't matter what car you drive if they want to exceed the speed limit.

In the Lotus I get all sorts of boy racers tailgating. Not had any tailgaters in the ST yet, but I did get cut up by a VXR using the right hand lane to overtake me whilst turning left at a roundabout a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not sure about that. I think it's generally two types of people - those with something to prove and those simply in a rush.

Actually there is a third category of tailgater - 40 mile per hour man - who drops behind in a 60 limit then arrives back up your chuff every time you do 30 through a village...

• Like 1

Wireless phone chargers,in the process of getting a new one as the charge port broke on the cheap-ish one i had,it was ok but not the best.

Why Don't like is a nice few says will charge to 80% the cut off because of safety,mine did do this and was a pain as lift phone up and back on.

I want a Fast charge stand not flat as im using a Galaxy S7 so will take full charge power on Fast charge not 7.5 like the iPhone does.

Still looking around as yet.

I don't like the shopping list I've now got to get the Focus through its MOT.

Rear antiroll bar link.

Front trackrod end

Front pads and discs

And possibly a front wheel bearing

Not the biggest list but you've got to start wondering at what point does it start to be uneconomical to keep it on the road 🤔

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I'm not sure about that. I think it's generally two types of people - those with something to prove and those simply in a rush. With the latter it doesn't matter what car you drive if they want to exceed the speed limit.

In the Lotus I get all sorts of boy racers tailgating. Not had any tailgaters in the ST yet, but I did get cut up by a VXR using the right hand lane to overtake me whilst turning left at a roundabout a couple of weeks ago.

I completely agree with this, obviously it changes depending on the time of day, but most people on the road are in a rush for all sorts of reasons, modern life is hectic, things always over-run or totally unexpected delays occur.  But a small minority of people aren't in a rush at all, usually older people that are trying to fill their day somehow.  Getting stuck behind one of those is annoying, but by the time you're behind the 3th or 4th in one trip and getting later and later, patience starts running low... 

I found I got the most tailgaters in the stripey ST150 with Miltek de-res, mainly people in other warm hatches wanting to play rather than anything malicious...but the ST150 runs out of puff far too quickly to play for any length of time! :laugh: 

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Actually there is a third category of tailgater - 40 mile per hour man - who drops behind in a 60 limit then arrives back up your chuff every time you do 30 through a village...

This winds me up no end!  They're usually the ones to flash or beep if you overtake through the 60s as well... 🤦‍♂️  

50 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Rear antiroll bar link.

Front trackrod end

Front pads and discs

Not the biggest list but you've got to start wondering at what point does it start to be uneconomical to keep it on the road 🤔

With an imminent house move, it's probably better to just get it through MOT this year...but consider a change next year... :smile: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:
Rear antiroll bar link.
Front trackrod end
Front pads and discs

Not the biggest list but you've got to start wondering at what point does it start to be uneconomical to keep it on the road [emoji848]

That's not a massive list, and buying a new car is always going to cost more, but it does help with the man-maths to justify getting a new toy 😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimST2 said:

At least think to yourself the VXR driver made a big mistake getting a VXR as the gearboxes and I think engines are prone to blowing 😂. Just down the road to me now i see a blue astra VXR. First time I saw him he was reversing out a side road then booted it doing around 50 in a 30 road. I turned off and saw him park up at some shops. 

Yesterday I had some women in a older white range rover decide to go in the right lane to go straight. I was at the front of the traffic light when it went green and saw her speed up. Thought on booting it but the car wasn't properly warmed up. Weirdly I turned off to park in my hospital and I saw her driving back the other way which means she took the second turning and technically doing a U turn. 

Another incident I had was I was on the roundabout traffic light which apposidly is one lane. I positioned myself to the left as I was going take the next exit. When the lights went green for some reason some guy in a jaguar XF behind me decided to go through the space on the right and indicated to go in front through the same exit. I got close to him and just horned. He had the curtsy to flash his hazards but thinking about it was a stupid move and didn't make no difference to were he's going to. Now I just stop on the middle of that bit. 

You think to yourself some people have the money to spend several thousands on getting a car but they lack the sense to drive. Funny thing was I was watching a video on cheap luxury cars for under 10k and that same range rover was featured so that women ain't fooling me in thinking she's rich. 

@TomsFocus would you still say a ST150 is better than a 1.6 TDCi zetec s if it runs out of puff 😂

At least think to yourself the VXR driver made a big mistake getting a VXR as the gearboxes and I think engines are prone to blowing [emoji23].

I'm not a fan of Vauxhall and the Corsa VXR doesn't get good reviews when compared to the Fiesta ST.

19 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus would you still say a ST150 is better than a 1.6 TDCi zetec s if it runs out of puff 😂

Low end B road bashing yes...  But they don't have the top end for playing on a dual carriageway lol. :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I'm not a fan of Vauxhall and the Corsa VXR doesn't get good reviews when compared to the Fiesta ST.

The astra VXR looks cool but I'd worry about reliability. In review videos of the car I saw mixed reviews of people saying they love it or others saying they hate it where one guy said he's gearbox blew and I think his on his second or third car. 

Even the Corsa VXR isn't better as piston 4 can go which to be honest sounds like a manufacturer design flaw. It's not only the sporty models but normal models. My dad's friend had a 04 Corsa 1.4 and the headgasket was leaking at 59k miles!! Another of his friends went and bought the newer Corsa for his daughter and my dad found that one of the cylinders weren't firing properly and also found some taped the EML so the light can't be seen. In the end he had to get a new engine. 

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Low end B road bashing yes...  But they don't have the top end for playing on a dual carriageway lol. :laugh: 

I think that's good for me as I mainly drive on 30mph roads but I'm sure it's able to pull you on 3rd and 4th like the 1.6 tdci. I do enjoy enjoy going on the dual carriageway but never need to. 

Don't drive an ST like this. Do like that white one near the end. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club