Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Losers who park on double yellow lines causing gridlock while they go into a shop because they're too lazy to park in the free car park provided. Same goes for those people who leave their car at the pump while they do their weekly shop inside before paying for fuel :ranting:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Same goes for those people who leave their car at the pump while they do their weekly shop inside before paying for fuel :ranting:

Really bugs me at our local CircleK fuel station when people park at the pump, Get fuel then go in and Que up for Coffee or at the Deli counter, 

Also annoys me when the wife drives in there because she always forgets which side the fuel flap is on the focus only own it eight years now.

I've suggested we purchase a jerry can and refuel from a vacent parking space 😅

Also there's a speed ramp on one side of the entrance which I always avoid as the mud flaps scuff off it but she always forgets and drives in that way then says "ugh me flaps again" which could me taken the wrong way.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Losers who park on double yellow lines causing gridlock while they go into a shop because they're too lazy to park in the free car park provided. Same goes for those people who leave their car at the pump while they do their weekly shop inside before paying for fuel :ranting:

You should see London. The councils have made the roads more narrower by putting cycle lanes in. Now when a bus stops to pick people up the cars behind now have to wait or look to see if they can overtake. Before these works were done bus stops had this space for buses to pull in and allow space for cars to go past. All to do with encouraging people to cycle. Your only increasing congestion and journey times which doesn't really help the environment. Also don't know what I'm going to do with my car if the ultra low emissions zones extend from central London to the whole city. Might have to downgrade to my previous car which I won't have to pay £12.50 a day to drive if that charge takes place in 2021.

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

I've suggested we purchase a jerry can and refuel from a vacent parking space 

That would be a good payback tactic. The person would come back and see their fuel bill went up 😂. Sadly we don't live in a good world. Well I'd say about 95% of the people we see are nice most of the bad ones we see when driving.

Several months ago I went to see the latest mission impossible film with the family. Got our food then went to the room. Saw this guy and girl sitting in our seats which we booked. My mum called the ticket guy who which tried to move them but the guy was refusing to move. After the manager came who also tried but failed. In the end he moved us somewhere and refunded us the money for the tickets. He said he could have called the police but that would lead him to stopping the film however he said he has them on camera so hopefully he won't let them in again. Recently for some reason I just get angry thinking about that. The last mission impossible before that I had some guy smoking shisha in front of me. Honestly don't think I'd enjoy going to the cinemas. 

• Like 1

OK, so last Monday I received a call from a local number which I kind of recognised but didn't answer. 
They left a voicemail message but I didn't check it because I thought it was from my estate agent asking if I had paid them the monthly rent. 
I finally check the voicemail this morning and it's from the Ford dealer where I bought my ST-Line from. 
In the message they stated my name and my vehicle registration number but didn't actually state why they were calling. 
The person did say their name but I must have misheard it and I then accidentally deleted the message. 

I called them back today and asked them if they knew who had called and what the reason was for. I also said what I thought the persons name was. 
I was wrong with the name and there is no one at the dealers in any department with the name I mentioned. 
So, they put me through to the salesman who finalised the sale and even he couldn't find out why the dealers had contacted me. 
The car was purchased outright so there's no finance on it so it wasn't about finance and I was told that if it was relating to a TSB, it would have been head office making contact and not the dealership. 

This is kind of worrying me now. Someone from that dealership called me using their landline number (not an 0330 number) and had my name and vehicle details. Why would they have not tried calling again and why would they only state it was in relation to my ST-Line but not give a reason?

I've seen a few letters sent to Focus ST-Line owners recently about 'Ford performance upgrades' to 'turn your ST-Line into the performance vehicle of your dreams' (the letter literally says that! :lol: ) so maybe it's that?  Also if you've owned the car for about a year they may be pushing to sell you a new one with 'amazing discounts' that they don't disclose until you get there... :rolleyes:  It's all just marketing rubbish tbh.

• Like 1

I have no idea what they called for. I've only owned it 6 months but I do know that it's rare because of the deep impact blue.
If they want to give details of upgrades that won't affect the warranty then why couldn't they just say that?

They all seem to be at it. Over the last couple of months I''ve been literally bombarded with calls from a number I didn't recognise. When this happens  we screen calls via the answerphone but this one hung up as soon as the answerphone message started. Checking the number on the web it turns out to be a number belonging to the group who own the dealer where I bought my previous car. Then they started leaving messages to say that it was really, really urgent that they speak to me about my car, which I just ignore. I sold it 18 months ago, btw😁.

• Like 1

Yeah, they can be a real pest. I used to get things through the post years ago (before I left home) from the dealer which sold me my first ever car (a Clio) despite the fact that I sold it after 2 years and the next owner wrote it off after a few months. 
Also, not long after I bought my Fiesta, service departments from 2 other dealerships kept calling my landline (which is unlisted) saying that my car was ready for collection after a service. Not only had I never been to or contacted those dealers, I'd never even owned any of the models they sell. 

Anyway, another thing I don't like is buying a plastic model kit from a well known UK brand and finding that the decals provided are not for the version on the box and painting instructions. 
Said box is a starter gift set with paints, glue and a brush but you can't make the correct version with the wrong decals. The decals within the box are for a newer release of the same kit. 
Someone at the factory must have not been paying attention. 

I had an email from my dealership asking for feedback after a recent service on a car I haven't owned for over 10 years.
I also happen to know with 100% certainty that the vehicle was scrapped two years ago.
Curiously - I never took that car to that dealership for anything whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I didn't like the way a UPS van just overtook me while I was executing a right turn in a 20mph zone!😡 Seems to be something about my current car that attracts d***heads who enjoy suicidal overtakes. Must be something about Ford's shade of red - I've had several red cars in the past but none seem to have had this effect!

44 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I didn't like the way a UPS van just overtook me while I was executing a right turn in a 20mph zone!😡 Seems to be something about my current car that attracts d***heads who enjoy suicidal overtakes. Must be something about Ford's shade of red - I've had several red cars in the past but none seem to have had this effect!

It was a delivery driver, that's the problem. These delivery drivers drive like idiots just to make a living. Some of them get paid on how many deliveries they make so theyd drive like that so they can get their minimum wage. Honestly the government should sort out delivery drivers and not pay them based on performance. 

• Like 1

As a former delivery driver for various companies I can't say I ever drove like that, especially in a marked vehicle. 
Usually the ones driving marked vehicles (DPD, Interlink, UPS etc) are proper employees of the company. They are paid hourly but lease the vehicle from the company.
Temp drivers are also not limited to performance bonuses as they are paid hourly too. 

It is usually only drivers who own their vehicles that are hired by a company and then classed as self employed (a way for the company to get round tax and NI payments like with Uber etc) and therefore need to deliver a set number per day to balance things out. I know that companies like amazon use the self employed method which is why parcels are usually delivered in either a car or an unmarked van. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

It was a delivery driver, that's the problem. These delivery drivers drive like idiots just to make a living. Some of them get paid on how many deliveries they make so theyd drive like that so they can get their minimum wage. Honestly the government should sort out delivery drivers and not pay them based on performance. 

Well, it might explain that guy, but not the rest I come across who are mostly driving cars.

Coincidentally my brother in law has been a delivery driver for over 30 years and certainly doesn't drive that way. As he says, taking risks when driving doesn't actually get you there any quicker and is not worth risking your licence, losing your job (and worse).

• Like 1

Yeah not all delivery drivers are bad but I find it's mainly the ones driving a van who are the worst. I mainly see them jump a red light. Last time I had a van overtake me and go through a red light as they couldn't wait. I just saw a YouTube video of someone complaining about the delivery driver at the start of his video and someone in the comments saying he works as one and its a nightmare for him. He said he has a 2 minute window to deliver something and that excludes no break and that most of the time he would have to knock on neighbours doors as the main home has no one there. 

I don't like currently getting bouts of Vertigo due to an inner ear infection.
How can something so basic be so debilitating?

17 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I don't like currently getting bouts of Vertigo due to an inner ear infection.
How can something so basic be so debilitating?

Really sorry to read that mate I hope you recover soon,

Some strong antibiotics I suppose and stay in the bed although from communicating with you over the years I know your a worker not someone content with resting for long, much like a fella in work whom jokes about the 30min tea break being too long and a waste of time should be sweeping the yard or something after fifteen 😀

• Like 1

I read so much bad stuff about these 1 litre Ecoboost Engines now from rust on pipes to head gasket/oil leaks and more.

I was offered one a 2014 about 2 years ago but turned it down as my old 1.6 Titanium 2011 does my needs.

I don't like all the time wasting in politics this week...  It was pretty obvious May wasn't going to get kicked on Wednesday, and Brussels weren't going to change their mind on the deal just because she asked again...  I didn't vote for Brexit but half the country did so just get on with it ffs! :rolleyes: 

I also don't like an annoying redirect virus(?) on the PC...only happened on one major national site so I assumed it was an issue with one of their ads...told them about it but they can't replicate it and no-one else has complained of it.  Suggested it might be on my PC although I'm not sure how it would only be triggered by the same site each time.  Anyway, I decided to do a full scan for viruses etc yesterday...  It took 10 hours... 😮  3.2 million files checked, and no threats found at all. :unsure:  Could it be something that wouldn't be found by a virus checker?  And if so, what should I use to find & remove it?

• Like 1

@TomsFocus I'd be happy if Jeremy corbin comes in and gets rid of tuition fees for unis and increases the minimum wage 🤣. Problem with May is she didn't promise the things she said. 

• Like 1

But you need to remember the old saying:

Q: "How do you know a politician is lying?"

A: " Their lips move"

😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The EU is not the benign entity it was meant to be but it does have many good points.
I have a saying that is relevant here-
It's better to be inside the boat trying to pee out than outside the boat trying to pee in.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like all the time wasting in politics this week...  It was pretty obvious May wasn't going to get kicked on Wednesday, and Brussels weren't going to change their mind on the deal just because she asked again...  I didn't vote for Brexit but half the country did so just get on with it ffs! :rolleyes: 

I also don't like an annoying redirect virus(?) on the PC...only happened on one major national site so I assumed it was an issue with one of their ads...told them about it but they can't replicate it and no-one else has complained of it.  Suggested it might be on my PC although I'm not sure how it would only be triggered by the same site each time.  Anyway, I decided to do a full scan for viruses etc yesterday...  It took 10 hours... 😮  3.2 million files checked, and no threats found at all. :unsure:  Could it be something that wouldn't be found by a virus checker?  And if so, what should I use to find & remove it?

The I.T people in work always recommend AVG Anti virus, perhaps try that 

I use Norton backed up with Malwarebytes.
Both seem to work happily together with no conflicts and pretty much cover all eventualities.

• Like 1

really cold weather. 
I woke up this morning to my temp gauge inside the flat reading 10C despite having a heater on all night. 
It's still reading 14-16C now even with 1x 2kw heater and 1x1.5kw heater being on full.