Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:

BBC News - Trump to boy: Do you believe in Santa?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46678124

What an utter :censored:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'd leave that to the parents to say if he exists or not. My family don't celebrate Christmas however we like to do a get together and make Christmas dinner with the family. When I was little I remember my parents telling me if your good you'll get toys on Christmas. I remember cleaning up, washing the dishes etc which I wouldn't do as often 😂. On Christmas day me and my sister would come down and see presents wrapped up.

As we got older my parents told the truth and said they bought us presents so that when we'd go back to school we can talk to our friends what we got rather than not getting / doing nothing on Christmas and feeling left out. 

Thinking about it i passed my full bike license back in 1987 and never had a bike then or now that i ever needed a full license for as back then you to have upto

a 123cc on provisional license on L plates, then had a bag accident and had car test from the work back then as a work driver and car then on,i lived for my bikes.

Go buy one , just because you can. 

I got full  bike licence but haven't had one for 14 years! Crikey, didn't think it was that long ago. The years fly by as you get older.

Go buy one , just because you can. 
I got full  bike licence but haven't had one for 14 years! Crikey, didn't think it was that long ago. The years fly by as you get older.
Family problems stops me but I went through loads of them the RD's and could strip a 2 stroke engine down in my sleep,way more fun than a car in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I keep thinking about getting another bike but last time I had one I was getting to used to doing silly speeds on it and sooner or later I would end up in a ditch or worse. 

• Haha 1

Same for me Ian. Still got all my bike gear. Last bike was a GSXR 600 SRAD, I don't know what happens to me when I get in that sports bike riding position. I wouldn't mind a nice big cruiser instead now, something like a VZR1800 Intruder. 

So, to get back on course for this thread,

I Don't Like - My lack of self control on a sports bike! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

Same for me Ian. Still got all my bike gear. Last bike was a GSXR 600 SRAD, I don't know what happens to me when I get in that sports bike riding position. I wouldn't mind a nice big cruiser instead now, something like a VZR1800 Intruder. 

So, to get back on course for this thread,

I Don't Like - My lack of self control on a sports bike! 😄

Ditto, last but one was gsxr600 srad in Corona colours. 

I loved the old 2 stroke ones as very light and so dam quick,you could hammer a 2 stroke like nothing and would take it.

Get it raced up with pipes/tuned and like a little rocket,the good old days and still have some jets/reeds and stuff in our shed i think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I loved the old 2 stroke ones as very light and so dam quick,you could hammer a 2 stroke like nothing and would take it.

Get it raced up with pipes/tuned and like a little rocket,the good old days and still have some jets/reeds and stuff in our shed i think.

A Little different from my main experience of 2 stroke then, 16yrs old and had a 1992 K plate Honda MT5 50cc. If you hit a head wind you would be flat out at around 20mph. Not much fun on the local expressways!!! I had a Kawasaki KMX 125cc few years later, much better until it got nicked when my dad went to work on it. I had a car too though so wasn't really bothered and didn't get another bike then until around 30yrs old.

I used to have an RD350 that I put a RD250 tank and side panels on.
Other real RD250 owners used to think I was a suitable race opponent and take me on.
I loved leaving them standing.
Jesus, that RD could shift [emoji16].
It was ideal for nipping up and down the A303 on weekend leave to Devon and never let me down once.
When I grew out of that I moved to a VFR750 (RC30 road version) which was a cracker and really turned heads when it first came out although it drank oil like a beggar.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Haha 1

Only rd I had was an old rd200 just like this one. It was old but in such good condition. Came with a huge box of spares. I sold the spares for more than I bought the bike for. 

rd 200 dx.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I used to have an RD350 that I put a RD250 tank and side panels on.
Other real RD250 owners used to think I was a suitable race opponent and take me on.
I loved leaving them standing.
Jesus, that RD could shift emoji16.png.
It was ideal for nipping up and down the A303 on weekend leave to Devon and never let me down once.
When I grew out of that I moved to a VFR750 (RC30 road version) which was a cracker and really turned heads when it first came out although it drank oil like a beggar.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Yes mate they were fast and not like a big lump to pull as very light,i had about 10 at different times of the RD and 350 i had it re-bored/gas ported with racing reeds/uprated jets

and a lot more stuff,spent loads on them.

These was a range from the RD 125 upto the 350 and i loved my 350,it was very fast and off the mark like a rocket,had a brand new YPVS 125 when they first come out

D reg as they had the ''so called'' power valve on them where if you turn it round you would get more BHP,i was as you can tell bike mad.

12 hours ago, iantt said:

Only rd I had was an old rd200 just like this one. It was old but in such good condition. Came with a huge box of spares. I sold the spares for more than I bought the bike for. 

rd 200 dx.jpg

You weren't wearing a leather jacket and jeans were you when you wrode around in it? If I did get a bike licence I'd probably wear that and wear a matte black helmet. Only thing which deters me using a bike is the dangers of it. I still remember @jace1969 telling me about his accident which is what mainly deters me. That and I can't even ride a normal bicycle. 

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

I did look silly on that bike as I'm 6ft 3in. 

Not as silly as me on my Honda MT5 50cc, I'm 6ft 5. 🤣

No wonder it couldn't get over 20mph facing the wind!!!

• Like 1

Yes I had a bad accident a nice few years ago,broke tibia and fibia in half and in full plaster for 2 month and a brace after but didn't turn me off them as it wasn't directly my fault but there you go,car it was after.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like being a chocoholic!

I gave up earlier this year and was clean for a while. I lost some weight and felt better, less sugar crash headaches too.

One day I let my guard down though and indulged in the sweet stuff, that was it, hooked again!

I am looking to get in better shape but can't even walk past the cupboards full of Christmas present chocolates at the minute without stuffing my face. I've just ate a 200g slab of Hotel Chocolat in about 2 minutes flat!

I need help! On the plus side I think there's only a tub of Heroes, Quality Street and a box of Cadburys chocolates left to get through.😄

The amount of toys the grandparents bought the kids this Christmas surrender.gif

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't like my blooming family!! 🤬

+1 

Going up to see my mother today and father this evening,

The other two brothers and two sisters haven't saw in almost two years now which is fantastic, well with the exception of one of those brothers whom I wish he would see the light and sort things out with himself, 

Had to tolerate the brother in law on boxing day, almost ended in boxing as he's 35 years of age and teasing our kids, taking crayons off them then pulling away when they attempt to take it from his hand, 

What an absolute tool, proud of himself that he's more intelligent than a 4 year old child 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think we all have those odd family members. At the moment I think 2 of my cousins are messing about. One recently got involved in a fight in school involving her friend that the police were called and she might get expelled.

My other cousin my dad was doing DIY work in his house with just him there and he heard my cousin open the door to a girl who came in to the house and went upstairs with him. His mum tries to defend him saying they are just playing on the PS4 but me, sister and parents think that well.... Eh mm he's playing wii 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

I think we all have those odd family members. At the moment I think 2 of my cousins are messing about. One recently got involved in a fight in school involving her friend that the police were called and she might get expelled.

My other cousin my dad was doing DIY work in his house with just him there and he heard my cousin open the door to a girl who came in to the house and went upstairs with him. His mum tries to defend him saying they are just playing on the PS4 but me, sister and parents think that well.... Eh mm he's playing wii 😂

Sounded like they were playing tennis on the Wii instead of GranTurismo on the PlayStation 😅

Jesus I wish It was that easy with my relatives.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

I think we all have those odd family members. 

Some of us ARE the odd family member... :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mine are available free to a good home anybody who will take them 😉😁.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Some of us ARE the odd family member... :laugh:

Lol I hope your not referring to yourself. Something like IBS isnt something that you chose to have. One of my cousins has psoriasis and I've heard he had to stay at home for a couple of months and that includes not going to school. Hes school would send work over to his home for him to do. He's a very kind decent guy that I'd think why God past this trait down to him. Sadly did hear he was having panic attacks due to the long stay at home. There's not too much stuff you can do at home if your not going out for a while. I did hear he went Disney land florida so he must of been very happy and luckily the psoriasis didn't flare up. 

@Lenny in my family me and I'd say most of my cousins were brought up to not mess around or have boyfriends / girlfriends at a young age. Both my cousins I mentioned earlier are messing about. The first one I think she had a boyfriend and recently doesn't show her face now when we go to her house.

My other cousin well I'm sure he has a girlfriend if he's telling her to come around to his house with no one but him there which doesn't sound right (and i don't think it's to play on the PS4 😂). His parents bought a Corsa for him so they can insure him on it with a black box. A few months later the insurance company cancelled the policy because they found from the black box info someone was speeding excessively. I think the parents also couldn't drive the car. Now I'd think he was driving recklessly and getting encouraged by his friends. With me im greatful I have parents who got me a car and I'd show that by taking care of it. My parents paid £2000 for insurance when I was 17 and I tried to help by giving about £800 to them towards the car. 

I kind of blame the area they live in. Don't want to go into the type of community of people there are there but from what I've seen over there I wouldn't want to live there. People can't drive over there and it seems the people can kind of tell that I'm not from their area. 

• Like 1