Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol I hope your not referring to yourself. Something like IBS isnt something that you chose to have. One of my cousins has psoriasis and I've heard he had to stay at home for a couple of months and that includes not going to school. Hes school would send work over to his home for him to do. He's a very kind decent guy that I'd think why God past this trait down to him. Sadly did hear he was having panic attacks due to the long stay at home. There's not too much stuff you can do at home if your not going out for a while. I did hear he went Disney land florida so he must of been very happy and luckily the psoriasis didn't flare up. 

It's not just the IBS that causes my 'family' issues tbf.  It's the contamination and social problems.  It means that I can't have family meals and rarely attend any family events at all.  Everyone takes it as a personal attack against them.  They want to know why I'm not loading myself up on pills and living in a mental institute seeing a shrink every day.  They constantly remind me how I'm wasting my life, and how I'm too young for this...and then go on to tell me how awful being old is anyway...  :rolleyes: 

For a while I just stopped dealing with most of them, but have recently tried to compromise by doing things that are extremely difficult for me and well out of my comfort zone...but are apparently still not good enough. 😒

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not just the IBS that causes my 'family' issues tbf.  It's the contamination and social problems.  It means that I can't have family meals and rarely attend any family events at all.  Everyone takes it as a personal attack against them.  They want to know why I'm not loading myself up on pills and living in a mental institute seeing a shrink every day.  They constantly remind me how I'm wasting my life, and how I'm too young for this...and then go on to tell me how awful being old is anyway...  :rolleyes: 

For a while I just stopped dealing with most of them, but have recently tried to compromise by doing things that are extremely difficult for me and well out of my comfort zone...but are apparently still not good enough. 😒

totally get how you feel there. Similar situation to mine. 
This Christmas I was actually going to try making an effort to see family on Christmas day. Unfortunately a family member became ill just days before so I couldn't go near any of them and still can't until I know the contamination and risk is over (usually about a month). 

Living with contamination ocd as well as social anxiety and other issues is not easy and the way we have to deal with rituals etc certainly isn't a choice, nor is it any kind of life or lifestyle. 

• Like 4

Crikey you guys are a sickly bunch! My Norovirus cleared up but I now have mild tonsillitis and a chest infection. It's meant a lot less drinking than normal over Christmas but I'm doing my best to ignore it and soldier on. At least my wife and I are blessed with lovely families. Thoughts with everyone who's having a tough time over Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Crikey you guys are a sickly bunch! My Norovirus cleared up but I now have mild tonsillitis and a chest infection. It's meant a lot less drinking than normal over Christmas but I'm doing my best to ignore it and soldier on. At least my wife and I are blessed with lovely families. Thoughts with everyone who's having a tough time over Christmas.

Oooh Norovirus...nasty.
Had that a few years ago and never felt so ill.
I found that banging in loads of probiotic drinks helped immensely with restoring my gut bacterial culture which had been totally decimated.
Had a pretty crappy month healthwise, just got over a bout of vertigo then straight into a really heavy flu.
Still trying to get my appetite and energy back.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

Oooh Norovirus...nasty.

Luckily all over in 24 hours but took a few days to regain strength and probably why I got this other lurgy straight after...

• Like 2

@TomsFocus at least try to visit or call your close family members around 👍. I'm sure they'd understand you. Like I said also anything phychologically triggered try to keep your mind occupied.

I think I've started to become a little ocd to catching something. To be honest I think having things in vitamin C help in the immune system. Possibly also drinking a lot of water helps. I think the main thing we worry about catching anything is having to stay home and not going to work etc which makes you miss out on things. 

@TimST2 @Stoney871 norovirus is a horrible virus nick named the winter vomiting bug. Last year I caught it a few days before an exam and sadly failed it as I wasn't fully well. I remember waking up in the night with palpitations and the feeling of being sick. Luckily I had my bottle of Alka-Seltzer with me which carmed my stomach down. Still though I lost my appetite for a few days. It normal lasts a day the virus and another day or two to regain your strength and appetite.

@Stoney871 when I lose my appetite I tend to have yoghurt or chocolate mousse, something soft and sweet. Probiotics are a good thing also like you said. I think I noticed I would hardly get sick after having a bottle of actimel once every other day. Hopefully you make a speedy recovery 👍

• Like 3

Shopping !! Even when on holiday doesn't appeal to me. Oh, that was lucky, my partner just came out one of the shops while I was writing this and crept up behind me, supprising how quick you can hide your phone. Lol . 

At least she is letting me sit out side the shops to wait. But she is spending more without the purse police beside her. 

• Haha 2

No amount of Alcohol can prolong the inevitable of returning to work and everything going exactly the same way it was a few weeks ago #MindBlown 

Also I'm going to be 34 next year 😢 wasting my life working like a machine 

Think it's time to change job or career path? 

I've not changed my career , but have changed jobs a few times in recent years. Now I enjoy going to work , enjoy the people I work with, even the managers. Bet the managers don't think the same as I do give them such grief taking the Mickey out of them to there face Infront of others. Can't help myself. Lol 

We have such a laugh doing so little for so much ££ . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

Think it's time to change job or career path? 

I've not changed my career , but have changed jobs a few times in recent years. Now I enjoy going to work , enjoy the people I work with, even the managers. Bet the managers don't think the same as I do give them such grief taking the Mickey out of them to there face Infront of others. Can't help myself. Lol 

We have such a laugh doing so little for so much ££ . 

I enjoy job and get along with everyone,

Its not too labour intensive and pays beyond justification, Just hard to say no to overtime which takes Saturday's and bank holidays, 

• Like 1

Ah I see. Too many hrs at work, not enough at home! One of the reasons I changed jobs. Went from 55+ hrs a week to 40 And no sat  or bank hol working unless we wanted to. I've done 2 sat mornings in 2 years now. Bliss. 

• Like 1

Surprisingly this stuff is crap 20190101_190523.thumb.jpg.ae23b519d842dc19dfa6e36d83ce9841.jpg

I've had bottles of strawberry & lime cider from Aldi and it's much nicer and cheaper than this stuff, 

The Aldi one says it's Pear cider with strawberry & lime favouring,  

The Bulmers stuff is Apple cider with strawberry & lime favouring, which has retained the after bite of Apple 😖

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Surprisingly this stuff is crap 20190101_190523.thumb.jpg.ae23b519d842dc19dfa6e36d83ce9841.jpg

I've had bottles of strawberry & lime cider from Aldi and it's much nicer and cheaper than this stuff, 

The Aldi one says it's Pear cider with strawberry & lime favouring,  

The Bulmers stuff is Apple cider with strawberry & lime favouring, which has retained the after bite of Apple 😖

I've had a few bottles of that mid session (drinking, not the other type of sessions, just thought better clarify that!) and thought it was quite nice. That said though I also enjoyed that chocolate Baileys last week! 😂

• Haha 1

Kicked a matt on the floor yesterday to straighten it on the floor, 

But I wasn't wearing any shoes at the time and my toe caught the floor as I kicked forward 😳

20190103_070932.thumb.jpg.0eadc420530c8aec2a9cb77613fb82b6.jpg

9 minutes ago, Lenny said:

But I wasn't wearing any shoes at the time and my toe caught the floor as I kicked forward 😳

Mat 1 - 0 Lenny!!!😂

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

that looks painful

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dezwez said:

that looks painful

Hardest task is pressing the clutch pedal, 

Wishing I had a high revving V-tec instead of the diesel until it gets better 😅 that way I could stay in third gear all the journey, 

Saftey boots in work give more support and less flexing of the toes compared to my Adidas trainers 

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Hardest task is pressing the clutch pedal,

I bet it is:ohmy:

• Like 1

@Lenny how did you damage your foot that much for it to look like that? A few weeks back I I hit my middle toe somewhere which chipped a bit of the nail. I had to peel off the rest of the nail off and it was painful as it got chipped in the middle of the nail where the nail is connected to the skin. Did draw blood and no I didn't experience any symptoms of passing out like what happened last time when I cut my finger 😂

When you best mats dog (only a small one) keeps jumping up my car door and she said ''she wont hurt it'' that is why i have light scratches that are still hard to 100% hide.

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

Saftey boots in work give more support and less flexing of the toes compared to my Adidas trainers 

Bet you wish you'd been wearing the steel toecaps when you kicked the floor! 😮

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

No, because then he would have a broken floor tile instead! 😂

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny how did you damage your foot that much for it to look like that? A few weeks back I I hit my middle toe somewhere which chipped a bit of the nail. I had to peel off the rest of the nail off and it was painful as it got chipped in the middle of the nail where the nail is connected to the skin. Did draw blood and no I didn't experience any symptoms of passing out like what happened last time when I cut my finger 😂

🤢🤮 thankfully wasn't that bad, Just went to kick the mat to move it and my toe hit the floor 

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

😅 forevermore 

4 hours ago, WES180 said:

No, because then he would have a broken floor tile instead! 😂

😂 

19 minutes ago, Lenny said:

🤢🤮 thankfully wasn't that bad, Just went to kick the mat to move it and my toe hit the floor 

😅 forevermore 

😂

Lenny, you watch some sh*te on YouTube mate! 😂😂😂

I've just wasted 2 mins of my life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

Lenny, you watch some sh*te on YouTube mate! 😂😂😂

I've just wasted 2 mins of my life!

Wife tells me that all the time regarding YouTube 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club