Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

14 hours ago, Lenny said:

That's the thing aswell; there's no sign of it surfacing anywhere; outside is concrete and tarmac, The green area across the road is always soil with a play dough consistency 

And I didn't see an puddle manifesting back when Virgin Media were laying down a pipe close to where they say the leak is outside the boundary wall, 

Archive picture 

20190104_084032.thumb.jpg.91636a7ddac62166cab09e80b8dd8e81.jpg

IMG_20150525_083304_zpscuxpkvyx.thumb.jpg.9239f3009d4daa5b7636976f02e9969c.jpg

So, do you think Virgin Media broke the pipe then? 🤔

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I doubt it. They only dig deep enough to just about cover the cable!🤬

Mine was that shallow I'm suprised the lawn mower didn't cut through it!

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

No I reckon the leak has possibly been historical perhaps since the house was built because there was no water surfacing when Virgin Media were laying down the cables and the water metres only went in around six months before virgin media, that's a total of 20 months ago now, and it was around may last year that I received notification of a suspected leak due to the huge reading on the meter, it took them until now to process there investigation.

Without the meter present; it was completely unknown how much water was being used and we weren't being charged water rates, 

The country was charged water rates for around a year then refunded by a change of government and don't get billed now 😀

6 hours ago, WES180 said:

I doubt it. They only dig deep enough to just about cover the cable!🤬

Mine was that shallow I'm suprised the lawn mower didn't cut through it!

Our cable has been run in under the wall and along the back of the shrubs, some installers are useless and full of excrement, 

Our installer tried to tell me it was possible to short circuit a fibre optic cable, said if I was to relocate the box to where I wanted it put; I would run the risk of shorting the fibre optic cable which could damage the network 😂 

🤔Hold on now; 🙋‍♂️isint fibre optic cable a series of inert fibres which various levels of UV light travels through? 

Yes it is, has no voltage no polarity even, so how can you trip out or short a fibre optic cable if it has no opposite polarity? 😀

I later reinstalled the system myself using Belden 1694A RG6 cable, its silver shielded blocks 4G interference from other devices now getting 400mb

I didn't short the fibre optic cable thank God 😂

Worst can happen fibre optic cable is if you look in to it as it will damage the back of the eyes.

• Like 1

looks like settlement crack

22 minutes ago, dezwez said:

looks like settlement crack

Thanks, 

If you can picture a real life human version of Daddy Pig but his names Steve, 

Lives there 😅 

Puts up pictures and Christmas lights with a hammer and nails, 

Tried sealing the crack with silicone sealant, can see it like a snail trail when the sun shines, 

Should have drilled it and put foam in until it came out the crack to seal from the inside out, clearly he doesn't follow my "living room project thread" if he did he would know that method 😂

I no someone that put a child stair gate up with nails what  a mess :smile:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I no someone that put a child stair gate up with nails what a mess :smile:

😅 wasn't the child put it up itself to prevent potential injury when sleep walking then? 

I always use wall plug and screws where possible, then self tapping screws in wood

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

😅 wasn't the child put it up itself to prevent potential injury when sleep walking then? 

What adult uses a hammer for such tasks 

a thick one

• Haha 1

Whilst driving through Longleat today (in my wife's Honda CRV) I imagined that this must be what it's like getting your windscreen wipers changed at Halfords...

04c32f8529f02bc9de6b75818ae8df85.jpg&key=a50eb31eec136c894bf5225463ef9c6a3c912dc0e3f4659d222ed76b4574ab34

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We now have muddy paw prints all over the car and a chewed aerial. Still, little master TimST2 (age 3) thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen 😂

• Like 2

I would NEVER take my car through a safari park, the wife's car, erm, yeah why not, but mine, no chance! 😂

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, WES180 said:
I would NEVER take my car through a safari park, the wife's car, erm, yeah why not, but mine, no chance! [emoji23]

My thoughts exactly [emoji23]

• Like 2

Things I don't like - Hangovers!!!!

I feel so rough.🤢

• Like 1

Oh well, made it out of bed and after a couple of rounds of cheese and hot sauce on toast, two cherry bakewells and plenty of water I feel good to go.😁

I always have such a weird appetite when I'm hungover, anyone else the same?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bakewells? Breakfast of champions :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, WES180 said:

Things I don't like - Hangovers!!!!

I feel so rough.🤢

Rough as a Bears hole 

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

😁

I always have such a weird appetite when I'm hungover, anyone else the same?

Cheese and jam sandwich on white bread with salt and vinegar crisps 😎

16 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Cheese and jam sandwich on white bread with salt and vinegar crisps 😎

Never tried that combo, cheese and Marmite is nice too for a savoury option.

• Like 1

I don't like being back in work after 2 weeks off! I suppose I'd better get on with some work really instead of posting on here, I'm just taking it slowly, easing back into it. 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I don't like being back in work after 2 weeks off! I suppose I'd better get on with some work really instead of posting on here, I'm just taking it slowly, easing back into it. 😁

It's not a race Wes it's a Marathon, have to pace yourself for the year 😉

What do you work at mate?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It's not a race Wes it's a Marathon, have to pace yourself for the year 😉

What do you work at mate?

I'm a Premises Manager mate. Been doing it for 11yrs now. It was only ever meant to be a temporary role after being made redundant from my old Machine Operator job in the print industry. I've been keeping an eye out for a new job but nothing is coming up that is tempting enough to leave here for. Own boss most of the time, 4 mins from home, 32 days hols, good hours.......

4 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I'm a Premises Manager mate. Been doing it for 11yrs now. It was only ever meant to be a temporary role after being made redundant from my old Machine Operator job in the print industry. I've been keeping an eye out for a new job but nothing is coming up that is tempting enough to leave here for. Own boss most of the time, 4 mins from home, 32 days hols, good hours.......

Sounds good 

I hate the fact this week is 5 days and not 3 like last week...... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club