Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I did take a proper one as well tbf... :laugh:

Blast off with the jetwash, one bucket method with an 8 year old microfibre noodle mit, Tesco own brand wash & wax, Sainsbury's glass cleaner... :wink:

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--155036916.jpeg_1546965177277.thumb.jpeg.e4d6448c7edd0daee06bba5ec8935286.jpeg

Amazingly the cheap eBay wax I applied back in July is still working, as is the wheel sealant, again from July, so it wasn't as bigger job as I was expecting. 

Does anyone know how to block number plates without ruining the pic quality?  Can't seem to edit photos on my new phone so did this in the messenger app, hence the lack of pixels left in it! :rolleyes:

looks good for 8 year old well looked after :smile:

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Does anyone know how to block number plates without ruining the pic quality? 

I can't see the point personally. Yes I know someone could technically try to clone your plate or report you for speeding but would they really? It would be very easy to prove it wasn't you. You see hundreds of examples of cars like ours with number plates on display on autotrader and every time you go for a drive for that matter. 

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I can't see the point personally. Yes I know someone could technically try to clone your plate or report you for speeding but would they really? It would be very easy to prove it wasn't you. You see hundreds of examples of cars like ours with number plates on display on autotrader and every time you go for a drive for that matter. 

🤔 hmmm isint that what a person wanting to see your reg would say 😂

• Like 1

I started out removing the plates on photos of my Lotus when I first bought it, but when you attend track days, club meets and other events you find that plenty of photos of your car with the plates visible end up online anyway so I stopped worrying about it.

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

looks good for 8 year old well looked after :smile:

Thanks, but I wouldn't go that far, it's a high miler and cat N write off...  Whoever said you can't polish a *****... :laugh:

Edit - lol, apparently t*rd is a swear word on here! 

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Thousands of plates get cloned every week and used in fuel thefts etc.  Even if you can prove it wasn't you, the marker will stay on your plate and you'll be pulled by cops every other day.

If I'd just stolen a black Mk7 ST I'd be straight onto a forum or Facebook page to copy a plate for it...

It's up to you at the end of the day, it's not worth the risk for me.

• Like 1

Shall I get some pop 🌽

• Like 1

Shall I get some pop [emoji535]? 

Nah, Tom may well be right. I just assume the risk isn't that great considering its on public display every day anyway.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, martyntdci said:

Shall I get some pop 🌽

IMG-20190108-WA0001.thumb.jpg.21706a4659aaac880dedb03afcf33ad7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

don't you need the legals for plate coping? when I had some made they needed see the v5

• Like 1

that been is still standing, that means its not totally fckued need try harder so it carnt stand haha

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

don't you need the legals for plate coping? when I had some made they needed see the v5

I'm sure the people on eBay wouldn't say no 

• Like 1

True, but by law don't they need do there own checks as you type in car reg? Obv it's going to registered to sonebody else with s different addy miles away from where its getting posted to... 

• Like 1

True, but by law don't they need do there own checks as you type in car reg? Obv it's going to registered to sonebody else with s different addy miles away from where its getting posted to... 
Companies from Jersey and ROI will print any plate as they don't care.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Companies from Jersey and ROI will print any plate as they don't care.

Shipping Continental 

IMG_20160827_183029_zpsirwd09hq.thumb.jpg.6a817e4f94be113379a761be1e909d7e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was just trying find the lights where he had stopped lol

And literally lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, martyntdci said:

As if everyone follows the law... :laugh: 

I've bought plenty of plates online without the V5.  Often done so before I have the V5 in my name & address lol.  Technically anyone that sells plates is meant to ask for the V5 but I've never needed to send mine off so far.  

• Like 1

World full of dodgy peeps. Tbh will all car and theft crime that this wouldn't be neglected. 

• Like 2

Indeed. You would have thought that the Police/DVLA/Trading Standards could very easily crack down on dodgy online number plate sales by simply ordering plates and seeing if they're asked for all the required proof. They wouldn't even need to leave their desks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Indeed. You would have thought that the Police/DVLA/Trading Standards could very easily crack down on dodgy online number plate sales by simply ordering plates and seeing if they're asked for all the required proof. They wouldn't even need to leave their desks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'd better hurry up and order a set then before they do, you know, for those occasions when your low on fuel and have forgotten your wallet! 🙄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:

But as Clive says; if the company there contacting is in Republic of Ireland for example; there's nothing the long arm of the law can do because it doesn't extend that far, 

For example Here's three businesses in Ireland from memory which do yellow reg plates 

http://www.eireplates.com 

https://cbmsigns.ie/product/number-plate-show_plates_01/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwLS3rv_g3wIVzZ3tCh3D4wTYEAQYAyABEgJNvvD_BwE 

http://www.fkperformance.ie/index.php?route=product/category&path=63 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

But as Clive says; if the company there contacting is in Republic of Ireland for example; there's nothing the long arm of the law can do because it doesn't extend that far, 

For example Here's three businesses in Ireland from memory which do yellow reg plates 

http://www.eireplates.com 

https://cbmsigns.ie/product/number-plate-show_plates_01/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwLS3rv_g3wIVzZ3tCh3D4wTYEAQYAyABEgJNvvD_BwE 

http://www.fkperformance.ie/index.php?route=product/category&path=63 

Thanks Lenny, that's saved me time tracking down where to get some dodgy plates from. I just need my fake moustache and some glasses now so I can go and fill er up!!!😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Thanks Lenny, that's saved me time tracking down where to get some dodgy plates from. I just need my fake moustache and some glasses now so I can go and fill er up!!!😂

Cash me outside 😉

If you just get the vinyl printed ones then you can stick them on remote control roller blinds for show use of course or toll bridges link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Euro-Hide-Stealth-License-Plate-Car-Number-Roller-Shutter-Protect-Cover/382596352160?hash=item59148508a0:g:15EAAOSwvERcIaEk 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

Perfect, £3.99 for 7!!!😂

dgp022_moustache_set.jpg

Robbery 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Robbery 

I will get my monies worth, use them for a bit of role play too!😂

45 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Cash me outside 😉

If you just get the vinyl printed ones then you can stick them on remote control roller blinds for show use of course or toll bridges link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Euro-Hide-Stealth-License-Plate-Car-Number-Roller-Shutter-Protect-Cover/382596352160?hash=item59148508a0:g:15EAAOSwvERcIaEk 

Woah, cool, classic James Bond style mods! 😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club