Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like dropping my drill when working in the attic today, 

Didn't break or anything but the 6mm Masonry bit came down through the plasterboard ceiling 

😂

20190112_180333.thumb.jpg.9323e6237c17a2164aea2b7d963da417.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lenny said:

Didn't break or anything but the 6mm Masonry bit came down through the plasterboard ceiling 

😂

Not good 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Not good 

Worse if the kid was sitting in the bunk bed 😲

But she was up in the attic with me luckily lol

Is that while you were doing your Russian stacking dolls style expansion cylinder?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Is that while you were doing your Russian stacking dolls style expansion cylinder?

20190106_130619.thumb.jpg.1e4083c6972b4b4f0368a89e642e1077.jpg

😂No haven't got to it yet, 

My dad does the plumbing and electrical so we will get to that in February, 

I was fitting conduit to the cables tidying it up before feburary when I'll be moving the tank

20190112_170135.thumb.jpg.c7497dd102ed363a14fb85165d02efb1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

😂No haven't got to it yet, 

My dad does the plumbing and electrical so we will get to that in February, 

I was fitting conduit to the cables tidying it up before feburary when I'll be moving the tank

20190112_170135.thumb.jpg.c7497dd102ed363a14fb85165d02efb1.jpg

is your loft not boarded out

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Yes, it's those new 1800 x 900 x 18mm translucent boards Dez! 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, WES180 said:

Yes, it's those new 18mm translucent boards Dez. 🤣

right I must get some of those :smile: 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Worse if the kid was sitting in the bunk bed 😲

But she was up in the attic with me luckily lol 

lol :smile:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WES180 said:

What's all that av gear for Lenny?

Link here shows in more detail if interested to have a look mate: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=715076 

I try to limit the use of WiFi in the house, so I've run CAT7 cables inside the walls; directly from the router to the attic, there's three LAN routers on the panel; one for each bedroom, then the terrestrial aerial amplifier and distribution is on the left, the black shelf on the right is for a CCTV hard drive and the small box is a HDMI to RF modulator, takes in the HDMI and shared it throughout the house as a television channel for viewing while the harddrive footage is safe in the attic,

The white box bottom right is eight sattelite feeds from the dish on the roof, each room has it's own sattelite box aswell as virgin media,

I've been working on it for a while, just to fit cameras on the soffett then run there cables to the panel, plug it in to the hdmi modulator and it's viewable on all television's no extra wiring required.

16 minutes ago, dezwez said:

No mate, I'm sort of glad it wasn't now though as it made things a lot easier installing the television's on the walls and fishing cables down through the partition walls, 

I plan to apply earthwool insulation and board the floor after the water tank has been relocated.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Me too, I'd have went for the brown instead of the pink 😂

Just had to wait, think........ Click in 🤔😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Link here shows in more detail if interested to have a look mate: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=715076 

I try to limit the use of WiFi in the house, so I've run CAT7 cables inside the walls; directly from the router to the attic, there's three LAN routers on the panel; one for each bedroom, then the terrestrial aerial amplifier and distribution is on the left, the black shelf on the right is for a CCTV hard drive and the small box is a HDMI to RF modulator, takes in the HDMI and shared it throughout the house as a television channel for viewing while the harddrive footage is safe in the attic,

The white box bottom right is eight sattelite feeds from the dish on the roof, each room has it's own sattelite box aswell as virgin media,

I've been working on it for a while, just to fit cameras on the soffett then run there cables to the panel, plug it in to the hdmi modulator and it's viewable on all television's no extra wiring required.

No mate, I'm sort of glad it wasn't now though as it made things a lot easier installing the television's on the walls and fishing cables down through the partition walls, 

I plan to apply earthwool insulation and board the floor after the water tank has been relocated.

sounds good to me

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

sounds good to me

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I've not seen the hdmi modulators before. Does it lose the HD as it converts? I wanted our living room Virgin tv in our master bedroom so used HDMI to Cat6 convertors with infrared output. The boxes can be a bit temperamental though with the occasional signal drop out or flicker. In the past I've just used extra long HDMI cables along with magic eyes on accompanying coax but the distance was too far this time with it being a bungalow.

I take it the modulators don't support infrared control though so you can turn the source over from another room?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I've not seen the hdmi modulators before. Does it lose the HD as it converts? I wanted our living room Virgin tv in our master bedroom so used HDMI to Cat6 convertors with infrared output. The boxes can be a bit temperamental though with the occasional signal drop out or flicker. In the past I've just used extra long HDMI cables along with magic eyes on accompanying coax but the distance was too far this time with it being a bungalow.

Ive put one in the living room aswell to share a blu-ray player when I eventually purchase one, the only device I tried it out with so far was a sky HD multiroom box and the tv said it was 1080i resolution, however the box says it displays up to 1080P which is full HD, so it must match the input quality on the output 

20180204_180808_zps4duc6ohw.thumb.jpg.6722d434c36b11d10684bb3a15fd60d2.jpg

20180204_180851_zpslxmktvsj.thumb.jpg.6f44803f6a639059e5da620b48c48581.jpg

So It seems to retain the HD quality, 

The digital screen allows you to choose the exact channel which the unit broadcasts out on to avoid conflict with other stations, you can also name the channel whatever you want I've named mine CCTV ironically.

The Edision HDMI modulator is worth the investment in my opinion, also perhaps look at webro wf100 cable if you require some coaxial as it blocks out 4G interference, the Edision unit also has a built in 4G interference filter.

The only down side of the modulator is:

It doesn't allow control of the connected device, in your case with the virgin media box, you will still need the iR transmitter to be capable of changing the channel although the picture quality will be better.

I'm not a nerd really; I've just done a lot of research in to everything prior to purchasing😅

• Like 1

Thanks Lenny. I've got bad eye strain (old age) so logging off for the night. See ya chaps.🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

Thanks Lenny. I've got bad eye strain (old age) so logging off for the night. See ya chaps.🙂

HD won't help that mate 😀

Talk soon 🖕

Should of gone to spec savers, got some blinding deals....... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

😂

Perfect place for a bluetooth ceiling speaker 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Perfect place for a Bluetooth ceiling speaker 😎

Free style it out ☺

latest_zpsmsgnxe1l_edit_1497510832032_zpspphrsgtv.thumb.jpg.a6120244c57219ab128ef910dc3d4ce2.jpg

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I have wondered if anyone ever 'feels' their age mentally? 

I don't feel any 'older/wiser/progressed through life' than when I was at college a whole decade ago...an entire decade...10 years... 😮  

Yet when I see todays college kids I feel like a pensioner...

I'll be 27 next month with nothing to show for it...just thinking about that number depresses me tbh lol, getting far too close to 30 now...  :unsure: 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a little more mature for my age. Just think that because of the immature people I see in uni. 

Lol some people think I'm in my mid twenties. Mostly happens when I forget to shave 😂. I've noticed though people after turning 18 or 19 seem to look older like they are in their mid twenties. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lenny said:

Ive put one in the living room aswell to share a blu-ray player when I eventually purchase one, the only device I tried it out with so far was a sky HD multiroom box and the tv said it was 1080i resolution, however the box says it displays up to 1080P which is full HD, so it must match the input quality on the output 

20180204_180808_zps4duc6ohw.thumb.jpg.6722d434c36b11d10684bb3a15fd60d2.jpg

20180204_180851_zpslxmktvsj.thumb.jpg.6f44803f6a639059e5da620b48c48581.jpg

So It seems to retain the HD quality, 

The digital screen allows you to choose the exact channel which the unit broadcasts out on to avoid conflict with other stations, you can also name the channel whatever you want I've named mine CCTV ironically.

The Edision HDMI modulator is worth the investment in my opinion, also perhaps look at webro wf100 cable if you require some coaxial as it blocks out 4G interference, the Edision unit also has a built in 4G interference filter.

The only down side of the modulator is:

It doesn't allow control of the connected device, in your case with the virgin media box, you will still need the iR transmitter to be capable of changing the channel although the picture quality will be better.

I'm not a nerd really; I've just done a lot of research in to everything prior to purchasing😅

I completely forgot I've got a Virgin remote app on my phone so don't need the infrared transmitters. I might look into your set up then to enable Virgin in the kitchen diner and spare bedroom too.

Edit - After a quick look at the spec of yours it appears some of my tv's won't work with the Edision unit as they need to be MPEG4 - Freeview HD to support the conversion.

Taken from amazon -

Features & details It gives a DVB-T output which is sufficient to feed a number of DVB-T capable TVs (via a splitter)Provides RF Loop Through 50MHZ~2400MHZ with Power Pass throughTV Must Be MPEG4 Compatible , All Freeview HD TV's appear to be, Contact TV Tech if unsure, 4G - LTE (Long Term Evolution) filtering switch ON-OFFHD Distribution over an Existing Coax Network, works on DVB-S DVB-C DVB-T DVB T2/S2/Perfect for HD Distribution in Pubs , Clubs , Conference Centre's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

I completely forgot I've got a Virgin remote app on my phone so don't need the infrared transmitters. I might look into your set up then to enable Virgin in the kitchen diner and spare bedroom too.

Edit - After a quick look at the spec of yours it appears some of my tv's won't work with the Edision unit as they need to be MPEG4 - Freeview HD to support the conversion.

I think most freeview tv's are Mpeg4 compatable though, 

I have one of these fitted in the attic for the cctv and one fitted in the living room for a blu-ray player, 

20180923_102713.thumb.jpg.ed70a46c3ede03789c433568fe84a17e.jpg

My setup has two of these modulators set to broadcast on different channels, to do this I've had to put in a sort of a coaxial loop 

So the terrestrial aerial comes in from the roof, 

It goes in to the aerial amplifier,

Then out of the aerial amplifier straight down to the living room,

Comes out of living room wall straight in to the Edision HDMI modulator, 

Out of the modulator and back in to the wall to go up to the attic 

Back in the attic then it goes in to the second Edision HDMI modulator, 

Out of the second Edision modulator in to the SLX 4 channel amplifier splitter where it's then fed to each of the four television's.

My current setup is lacking power in the living room, I need to fit a 1 way signal booster to help the feed going back up to the attic then it will be 100%

Now;

In your case you would need a coaxial feed to go from the modulator to a splitter in the attic, An existing aerial socket in the living room could be used as a return feed from the modulator but you would lose any terrestrial television in that room because the original aerial became a return feed.

@WES180 also here's where I bought mine, 

Much cheaper than amazon

If he won't ship to UK let me know because I will 😅 get it off him with free shipping and send off in to you if needs be, 

https://www.freetv.ie/hdmi-modulator/ 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club