Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like - being called out to an alarm activation in work at 03:30 caused by know it all's suspending displays from the ceiling in front of a PIR. The frost protection on the heating had kicked in so the convector heater was blowing it back and forth -

Heat + Movement = Activation!🤬

13 hours ago, WES180 said:

I don't like - being called out to an alarm activation in work at 03:30 caused by know it all's suspending displays from the ceiling in front of a PIR. The frost protection on the heating had kicked in so the convector heater was blowing it back and forth -

Heat + Movement = Activation!🤬

I've watched a video online where a guy opens an automatic (exit) door from the outside by spraying a substance through the middle of the doors at the exit PIR... scary stuff!

I don't like one of my radio controlled clocks moving an hour ahead repeatedly over the last few days.  Can't understand what's going on!  Tried new batteries & a reset.  Tried fooling it by moving the time zone 1 hour backwards.  But still it reverts to an hour ahead.  Any ideas? :laugh: 

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like one of my radio controlled clocks moving an hour ahead repeatedly over the last few days.  Can't understand what's going on!  Tried new batteries & a reset.  Tried fooling it by moving the time zone 1 hour backwards.  But still it reverts to an hour ahead.  Any ideas? :laugh: 

Funnily enough my clock was making a beeping sound every moment. Luckily didn't do it whilst I was sleeping. 

8 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Funnily enough my clock was making a beeping sound every moment. Luckily didn't do it whilst I was sleeping. 

Is that also radio controlled?  I've wondered if the weather has affected the signal.  I have other radio controlled clocks & a wristwatch which are all still correct, but not sure if they use different radio transmitters.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Is that also radio controlled?  I've wondered if the weather has affected the signal.  I have other radio controlled clocks & a wristwatch which are all still correct, but not sure if they use different radio transmitters.

Honestly don't know. It hasn't beeped since

15484144741282020339247.jpg

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I blame it on Brexit!!! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, zain611 said:

Honestly don't know. It hasn't beeped since

15484144741282020339247.jpg

Your LG remote looks almost identical to our Samsung remote 

20190126_083458.thumb.jpg.e8069af4fbaf5b0ee1ea8e0461222924.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Lenny said:

Your LG remote looks almost identical to our Samsung remote 

I need to make a topic of my room refurbishment. Might give you a few ideas. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I need to make a topic of my room refurbishment. Might give you a few ideas. 

Would be nice to see if you get the time mate, I'm currently saving for our eldest daughters big day of confirmation in April but after that I'll be returning to the house improvements project.

Not so much a religious celebration but Wife has booked a resteraunt at €50 per head for all her family and mine as it's our daughters last formal day out unless she graduates or gets married and she wants to get good photographs so I'm 4k out for familys cloths food and present 

• Like 1

I really don't like finding a slug of all things to discover on the wall in the hallway at 7am like WTF 

Wife says she now has some snail trail competition 😂

20190126_074253.thumb.jpg.86f05f87e5b8c112f4428d29c66cc02d.jpg

20190126_074255.thumb.jpg.10d3393ff84be76dadec96ece42768d5.jpg

20190126_074259.thumb.jpg.30510cb9d0e014553e2b4a3a92c4e75b.jpg

That's the fastest way upstairs. The stairs look like to much effort

• Haha 1

Just now, martyntdci said:

That's the fastest way upstairs. The stairs look like to much effort

I was interested to know where exactly was it headed like its crazy for want of better words to describe, 

If your that interested have you left him/her to see where it was heading? 🙄  😄 

Just seen my old Mk2.5 up for sale...  

Seller has completely missed all the optional extras off the ad...full heated leathers, powerfold mirrors, xenon headlights, IR reflective screen, cruise control...  Not sure why it needed injectors though, that was one thing I never had an issue with in 3.5 years... 😮  Also forget to mention the cambelt change in 2017 and the remap.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/204571320460062

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, martyntdci said:

If your that interested have you left him/her to see where it was heading? 🙄  😄 

No the wife took it away 😩🐌

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Just seen my old Mk2.5 up for sale...  

Seller has completely missed all the optional extras off the ad...full heated leathers, powerfold mirrors, xenon headlights, IR reflective screen, cruise control...  Not sure why it needed injectors though, that was one thing I never had an issue with in 3.5 years... 😮  Also forget to mention the cambelt change in 2017 and the remap.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/204571320460062

Get it back. It was reliable for you. 

• Like 3

Tom its like that song..... It was meant to be 

• Like 2

I don't like people who deliberately accelerate up your inside as soon as you indicate to try and stop you merging in :fyou:

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like people who deliberately accelerate up your inside as soon as you indicate to try and stop you merging in :fyou:

Really hate that. Back when I had my Peugeot 107 there's a bit where the left lane merges into the right after a set of lights. I was in the left lane about to merge but then saw some guy in a corolla come up a little quick in the right lane. Because of that I quickly steered left and ended up kurbing my wheel as the kurb was getting narrow. In the end I just tailgated him until he booted it. Possibly I misunderstood his approach but there's a certain speed you should be going when merging or when people are merging in your lane. 

I think also if your in the lane which is merging into another don't boot it down the lane and indicate last second. To me and probably others that's seen as undertaking and just a cheeky way of just wanting to get in front of a few cars. 

• Like 1

@zain611 What prompted me to post that yesterday was actually at a roundabout with two lanes going straight over. I was in the outside lane and caught up a lorry on the roundabout so eased off and indicated to merge in behind him. The guy two cars back in the inside lane took the opportunity to accelerate up my inside and block me when the car in front of him turned left. Totally unnecessary and downright dangerous.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having problems uploading pictures on posts? Recently when I try to put a picture up it just refreshes the page and says 'can't complete previous action due to memory error'. It would work sometimes but now takes so long to do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Is anyone else having problems uploading pictures on posts? Recently when I try to put a picture up it just refreshes the page and says 'can't complete previous action due to memory error'. It would work sometimes but now takes so long to do. 

cant say I have 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

That'll be due to your phone, it's a known Android issue.  I used to get it quite often but must admit it hasn't happened lately.  You can try clearing something (some sort of cache/temp files) I found from Googling.  Even that didn't always work though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club