Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Well, I'll be trying to ignore it and get through yet another birthday instead... :wheelchair:

Valentines day doesn't mean anything to me in all honesty, I never have had any interest in people, even before my health issues took over.  I'm single through choice...as well as my personality of course. :laugh: 

Still not found anything to do/anywhere to go on my b'day yet though.  If the wind is still as bad as this next week then even a walk will probably be off the cards!  :unsure: 

Save yourself the stress and depression. You don't want to go through what I'm going through. Girls also kind of move on more easier than us guys. 

Just came back from a job prospect (only from 9-11am 🙄) in uni and one of the guys who came used to come to the uni and now works in a pharmaceutical company where he'd look over peoples CV. Have to say he was a decent, mature, emphusiastic guy. Makes me think that people mess around in uni but mature when they start working. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zain611 said:

🙄 Makes me think that people mess around in uni but mature when they start working. 

Generalizing a bit but you do find people change quite a lot between say, 18 and 30 simply because you get more responsibilities and more experience of life, good and bad. Certainly when I was in my teens all the girls seemed way more mature than us boys and I was a bit shy then which didn't help. Only a bit later in life did I come to realise how devastatingly handsome, intelligent, charming and irresistible to women I was, and modest with it!😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Only a bit later in life did I come to realise how devastatingly handsome, intelligent, charming and irresistible to women I was, and modest with it!😀

right ok ☺️ lol

4 hours ago, dezwez said:

right ok ☺️ lol

Drugs are bad Mmmmkay

Started off with this last Monday messing with my head which I posted earlier in the week: ScreenShot of that post here 👇

510412073_Screenshot_20190208-195815_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.94cd29648771bff4e167d7a5c23e947c.jpg

She later phoned him herself and he confirmed that he would arrive on sunday to assist with fitting.

I don't like receiving a phone call today to say plans for this weekend have been cancelled, 

I invested €32 in preparation for a job which now isint going to happen at all, 

I put a further €60 in to the fuel tank which I now won't need

And I've spent €246 on items which I could have purchased at a later date for €206 saving me €40 had I not needed them for this exact weekend. 

💁‍♂️

The plan was to go up to my mother's tomorrow morning to install a previously purchased Swann NVW-485 CCTV system, 

I bought batteries for my headlight torch along with two electrical sockets with PVC box's to house the sockets and a sheet of plywood to lye on inside the attic when fishing cables through the soffet of the roof, 

She phones this evening to say that she had difficulty sleeping last night due to worrying about fitting the cameras which she asked me to purchase at Christmas; to the front of the house because she lives in a cul-de-sac with pedestrian access to a neighbouring estate and she says there's two cars coming up there throughout the night sitting with no lights on possibly dealing drugs and she doesn't want to offend or upset them by fitting cameras to her property which is slightly down from the cul-de-sac area.

It's becoming clear the woman never worked a day in her life to earn a wage or have an understanding of the value of money or to feel the right to protect ones property or possession from theft, 

She says let them take anything they want and she doesn't want the attention or to upset them thinking she's putting cameras up to catch them, 

After everything has been purchased.🤷‍♂️ I'm quite annoyed now and told her it's a terrible world she lives in compared to well the rest of the country at least.

Moving on from this: following the success of the amazon echo plus which I bought for her in January and fitted along with a Hive Heating Control and a few bits see full post here: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/67740-things-i-do-like/?page=263&tab=comments#comment-749121

I also made efforts yesterday when i got paid; to purchase two 3rd Gen amazon Echo dots for €40 more than amazon price just to have them for Saturday

and a triple set of BT4600 big button cordless phones which all cost me €40 more than they should have done because I needed them here for tomorrow which now isint going to happen at all. 

🙄

It's all stupid 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't like this middle aged woman in a mk2 MX5 pushing in when I was merging in. At this junction there's 2 lanes but if your going straight across it goes to one lane. Me and a lot of people go in the right lane as there's no right turn so used to go straight and the left lane people normally use to turn left. Traffic was moving kind of slowly and we were on the middle of the junction just coming off where it was moving to one lane. I was on the right hand side and planned on letting this land rover go in front as he was in the left lane and in front of me. This lady was behind the land rover and was still moving forward close behind it whereas I couldn't as there was cars on the other side of the road. Gave her the eyeball (which she was just looking straight ahead) then just quickly merged in. 

When merging I thought youd let the person in if they are in front of you and are merging into your lane 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I don't like this middle aged woman in a mk2 MX5 pushing in when I was merging in. At this junction there's 2 lanes but if your going straight across it goes to one lane. Me and a lot of people go in the right lane as there's no right turn so used to go straight and the left lane people normally use to turn left. Traffic was moving kind of slowly and we were on the middle of the junction just coming off where it was moving to one lane. I was on the right hand side and planned on letting this land rover go in front as he was in the left lane and in front of me. This lady was behind the land rover and was still moving forward close behind it whereas I couldn't as there was cars on the other side of the road. Gave her the eyeball (which she was just looking straight ahead) then just quickly merged in. 

When merging I thought youd let the person in if they are in front of you and are merging into your lane 🤔

happens all the time ☺️

• Like 1

Another thing I don't like happening in London. Looks like this professor has pointed out the bad side effects of having cycle lanes which is the increased pollution. With temporary traffic lights in some bits where they are building the bike lanes it has led to a lot of traffic. At the moment I have to take a detour as my normal route is busy because of temporary lights. 

Screenshot_20190209-170657.png

I don't like still being hungover from last night, it's now midnight! I couldn't get out of bed until 7pm apart from running to the bathroom most of the day to throw up.

I'm thinking about giving drinking up now, I feel so guilty I've missed a whole day with my little girl.

I made the mistake of opting for house vodka last night, looking at what I spent I'd say 10 doubles. I've had the equivalent in Smirnoff vodka and been ok the next day but not this time.

Stupidly I then walked home on my own, or rather staggered. Part of the walk is a very long unlit path alongside the railway track, if I'd have taken a tumble no one would've found me until this morning, probably dead with the freezing temps.

Time to evaluate what I want out of life!

• Like 1

The good thing is your saying this yourself mate, 

I think if it results in lost time with the family then once a month is ok as we all need some sort of a break but when it's putting your life at risk due to being in difficult situations then there's no good time for that.

• Like 1

That's the thing Lenny, I do need a break maybe twice a month because at the minute my wife still goes to bed with our little girl at 19:30 and most of the time falls asleep with her so I'm on my own every night.

I like to go out and have a sing on the karaoke but it just seems to be the rough dives that have it on now so it's always the big drinkers often resulting in fights.

My little girl says she wants to be a singer so maybe when she stays up later I will get my karaoke out and have some fun at home after a takeaway and family film too. It seems so far away from that point yet though so it's trying to keep myself sane in the meantime until at least a bedtime rountine is sorted and I have a marriage back!

On 2/9/2019 at 10:16 AM, zain611 said:

23 hours ago, dezwez said:

happens all the time ☺️

Yep, see my post from two weeks ago...

On 1/26/2019 at 10:01 PM, TimST2 said:

I don't like people who deliberately accelerate up your inside as soon as you indicate to try and stop you merging in :fyou:

11 hours ago, WES180 said:

I don't like still being hungover from last night, it's now midnight! I couldn't get out of bed until 7pm apart from running to the bathroom most of the day to throw up.

I'm thinking about giving drinking up now, I feel so guilty I've missed a whole day with my little girl.

I made the mistake of opting for house vodka last night, looking at what I spent I'd say 10 doubles. I've had the equivalent in Smirnoff vodka and been ok the next day but not this time.

Stupidly I then walked home on my own, or rather staggered. Part of the walk is a very long unlit path alongside the railway track, if I'd have taken a tumble no one would've found me until this morning, probably dead with the freezing temps.

Time to evaluate what I want out of life!

Yep, I haven't drunk like that since uni. After work I'm always driving anyway so pub trips are restricted to outings with friends in the village or with the family. I keep stocked up with pale ale at home as well so the odd pint with dinner goes down very nicely too :cheers:

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

Yep, I haven't drunk like that since uni. After work I'm always driving anyway so pub trips are restricted to outings with friends in the village or with the family. I keep stocked up with pale ale at home as well so the odd pint with dinner goes down very nicely too :cheers:

It wasn't so much the quantity but rather the quality, I won't be buying house vodka again!

3 minutes ago, WES180 said:

It wasn't so much the quantity but rather the quality, I won't be buying house vodka again!

10 doubles?! I'd be ill for a week :puke:

• Haha 1

I don't like being relieved of skin on my elbows! Get your minds out of the gutter!!!

Just been one of those giant inflatable centres with my wife and little girl, to be fair I think it said somewhere to wear long sleeves and now I know why, each time I shot down a giant slide and rolled at the bottom the friction burns were terrible. My daughter loved it though so my grazes, aching back and shoulder were worth it!😂

I don't like driving a different truck last week with the automatic gearbox buttons the exact opposite to what I'm used to!!! 

First pic is what I drive daily and the second pic is what I drove for a day. 

Why can't truck manufacturers stick to the same basic layout? 🙄

IMG_20190208_152246914.jpg

IMG_20190208_141909571.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, Turvey said:

I don't like driving a different truck last week with the automatic gearbox buttons the exact opposite to what I'm used to!!! 

First pic is what I drive daily and the second pic is what I drove for a day. 

Why can't truck manufacturers stick to the same basic layout? 🙄

IMG_20190208_152246914.jpg

IMG_20190208_141909571.jpg

Well, I never knew skip lorries just had buttons for gears! 😮  

How many times did you get that little heart attack accidentally reversing when intending to pull away? :laugh: 

I don't like the artificially inflated prices at this time of year...  Don't often have afters but was looking for a nice bit of cheesecake or similar as a bday treat...  Saw this raspberry & passion fruit one and thought it looked nice...  Until I saw it was £4...£4 for two small pieces of cheesecake... 😮 😪  Needless to say I didn't buy it...but did notice several with the 14th date on so will pop in tomorrow hoping to get a reduced one! :laugh: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302843139

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the artificially inflated prices at this time of year...  Don't often have afters but was looking for a nice bit of cheesecake or similar as a bday treat...  Saw this raspberry & passion fruit one and thought it looked nice...  Until I saw it was £4...£4 for two small pieces of cheesecake... 😮 😪  Needless to say I didn't buy it...but did notice several with the 14th date on so will pop in tomorrow hoping to get a reduced one! :laugh: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302843139

roses a fiver 13/2/2019 £1   15/2/2019 at are store ever year the same 😊

• Like 2

Yesterday went to local coffee shop 

Just normal walk in pick up tray and order at counter coffee shop, fill teapot yourself 

Hadn't been there since before Christmas, used to take the wife lots of times, 

On this occasion took the wife and two of our three kids as one was in school.

Ordered a full breakfast & two ham&cheese panini's two cokes & two fantas came to €38.76 😲 

I'll be going to the petrol station next time €5 breakfast roll & cup of tea all round. 

Rip off, 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Hide one behind the ham or cheese section then go back tomorrow and ask a member of staff to reduce the price as it expires today 😄

Valentine's is a load of .... making money from nothing, should be like haloween for adults, drop round the neighbours gizza ride

Joking btw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My drivers side front indicator bulb has blown for the first time since 2010 not bad going but I'm sure there's 1980 BMW's out there boasting factory fitted bulbs on the resale

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Hide one behind the ham or cheese section then go back tomorrow and ask a member of staff to reduce the price as it expires today 😄

Valentine's is a load of .... making money from nothing, should be like haloween for adults, drop round the neighbours gizza ride

Joking btw

lol 😊

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Yesterday went to local coffee shop 

Just normal walk in pick up tray and order at counter coffee shop, fill teapot yourself 

Hadn't been there since before Christmas, used to take the wife lots of times, 

On this occasion took the wife and two of our three kids as one was in school.

Ordered a full breakfast & two ham&cheese panini's two cokes & two fantas came to €38.76 😲 

I'll be going to the petrol station next time €5 breakfast roll & cup of tea all round. 

Rip off, 

man what a rip off I would give them it back ☺️

• Like 1