Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

馃槀 ouch聽

The wife's more lost than me,

I said to her about MY bank card and she says "what am I going to do now" 馃槀馃槀馃槀 you so funny Vicki, your card is fine it's mine that's gone.

the wife's always has mine so she don't need one but I have two ha ha聽馃ぃ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I've been off work all week and had 3 jobs to do, clear all the building debris and timber out of the shed and take it to the tip, weed the front borders and cut the back grass. Ended up messing around trying to get my car brakes sorted most of the week so ended up doing it all this weekend so im knackered now and back in work tomorrow, typical!

Could have used some of the building debris to lock the wheels of the car then fixed the brakes another time聽

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Could have used some of the rubble to lock the wheels of the car then fixed the brakes another time聽

I'm still wondering if there was even anything wrong with my original brake caliper. I've read a few posts about how to reset the calipers after new pads and it's not the process that was used with mine. I guess i should just get over it, at least it was only 拢140 in total fitted to replace rather than the 拢230 for parts alone from Ford.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I'm still wondering if there was even anything wrong with my original brake caliper. I've read a few posts about how to reset the calipers after new pads and it's not the process that was used with mine. I guess i should just get over it, at least it was only 拢140 in total to replace rather than the 拢230 From Ford.

Clean them with petrol then purchase some red or blue spray paint in dealz, paint them up and sell on eBay as newly conditioned聽to cover the costs聽

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Clean them with petrol then purchase some red or blue spray paint in dealz, paint them up and sell on eBay as newly conditioned聽to cover the costs聽

Sadly it was an exchange basis on the new caliper, a Pagid refurbished Ford caliper at Eurocarparts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Sadly it was an exchange basis on the new caliper, a Pagid refurbished Ford caliper at Eurocarparts.

Even the Devil's gotta make a living聽

I do find this stupid how the mayor wasn't directly answering the parties questions. One of the lady I'm sure her was wanting to expand the ULEZ area to the whole of London last year but in the video she was asking sadiq Khan that what would you do for small businesses and what is your opinion on londoners who can't afford to get a newer car which is compliant. I'd be happy if this charge backfires on him.聽

I'm missing out on being able to see the final flypasts of the UK's Tornado aircraft today.聽
I love aircraft and it's sad to see them go.聽
The Tornado (Tonka) has a special place in my heart because it was the first aircraft I was ever allowed to sit in as a child. The plane was undergoing maintenance at RAF Coningsby and I was allowed access to the hangar as it was my birthday.聽A聽family member who was an engineer and聽worked on the Tonkas at Coningsby had been given special permission by the commanding officer to allow me access to the hangar (my friends had to wait in the BBMF museum).聽
The ejector seat was taken out but it was still a special thing for a 7 or 8 year old to be allowed to sit in one.聽

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I'm missing out on being able to see the final flypasts of the UK's Tornado aircraft today.聽

Managed to see them flying south near York聽about 40 minutes ago馃榾. Pretty聽cloudy unfortunately so not the best view, but yes, very sad to see them go - great aircraft.

We have a caravan at the top of Wensleydale and one of the pleasures is the daily low-flying displays which over the years have included the Tornado along with most RAF types, Army helicopters and USAF F18s up from Lakenheath. Saw an Osprey (the aircraft) a few times last year, so looking forward to seeing what comes over this season, once it's warm enough to brave going up there!

Spent 9 years working around RAF jets.

Used to guard Harriers when on field dispersal exercises and occasionally Tornado's at Marham.

Once spent a christmas picking up pieces of a Danish F16 that crashed into a Norfolk field after leaving Marham.

Luckily the crew punched out safely but the jet was scattered over a few acres and largest parts we found were the nose wheel and the tail fin.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Oh, and an I don't like in advanced of this Thursday and Friday. Don't like that the office is going to be pretty empty and the laziest person in our team will likely act accordingly and do sod all as per usual.

Think I shall be finishing early Friday regardless considering I have 25 hour's of flexi and still have 13.5 days of annual leave before the end of March.

1 minute ago, Zico said:

Think I shall be finishing early Friday regardless considering I have 25 hour's of flexi and still have 13.5 days of annual leave before the end of March.

don't blame you聽馃槃

• Like 1

Oh dear, Tony looks quite happy in the photo but Jenny's heart just isn't in the pointing聽[emoji1].

Must admit the field looked a lot different when I was there [emoji848]

It was wet, muddy and cold then... oh and there was a dirty socking great smoking hole where the impact was. [emoji57]

Spent the first two weeks in a chemical suit picking up live bullets, carbon fibre shards and wiring that looked like it had been through a shredder

The pilots had their luggage in a storage bin, quite strange finding tiny pieces of denim and leather scattered around.

The bits of plane filled 5 ISO containers in the end.

• Like 1

@Stoney871 Is it depleted uranium or some kind of heavy metal that is in the bullets hence the chemical suits in cleaning (or am I thinking of tanks and the sabot rounds?!).

Also don't like washing the car tonight and finding this--
Blooming stone kicked up.
Anyone know how easy it is to remove the surround to get to the screws?e3c0304a85aa92e6f72cedb4c895cfe4.jpg

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Anyone know how easy it is to remove the surround to get to the screws?e3c0304a85aa92e6f72cedb4c895cfe4.jpg

This might help (but doesn't actually show the panel being taken off):

• Like 1

[mention=28494]Stoney871[/mention] Is it depleted uranium or some kind of heavy metal that is in the bullets hence the chemical suits in cleaning (or am I thinking of tanks and the sabot rounds?!).
Yep, plus hydrazine which sat in folds in the field.
Once we finished there then the surface was scoured down a few feet to clear any missed bits.
The farmer should look happier as he was compensated a fairly large amount of cash.

This might help (but doesn't actually show the panel being taken off):

Headlight out? What a faff.

@Stoney871 if the Focus is anything like the Fiesta ST, taking out the headlight isn't much of a hassle. This is coming from someone who tends to faff over a lot of mechanical things聽馃槃.

• Like 1

[mention=28494]Stoney871[/mention] if the Focus is anything like the Fiesta ST, taking out the headlight isn't much of a hassle. This is coming from someone who tends to faff over a lot of mechanical things聽[emoji1].
I'll break something- I always do [emoji2957]

27 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

What car is it? Could the trim around pop off from behind the bumper?聽

What car is it? Could the trim around pop off from behind the bumper?聽
Focus ST.
If I was to get the dealership to do it it will likely cost a bomb.
Probably have to wait a week minimum for the lens to arrive anyway [emoji53]

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Focus ST.
If I was to get the dealership to do it it will likely cost a bomb.
Probably have to wait a week minimum for the lens to arrive anyway emoji53.png

It looks very similar to the ST Line, would that be right?