Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Shouldn't be too messy, all the fluid's out of it now 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Shouldn't be too messy, all the fluid's out of it now 😀

Check the pipes and look for any moisture. One of the brake fluid pipes on my car which goes to the rear side brake started leaking brake fluid after coming back from MOT. Found the area by seeing where the pudle was forming and changed the pipe including the other side to be safe. Found out the MOT inspector accidently must of cut the pipe as it was corroded and only admitted to it when my dad called them. 

• Thanks 1

@TomsFocus @TimST2

What's your thoughts on this guys 😂. The girl didn't even looked amazed by it🙄. Just did a search on where yiani is from me and he is only 2.2 miles away from home 😃

• Like 1

Thoughts?

Too bling for me, and also, where was my 21st birthday present Mercedes 🤔

• Like 1

@zain611 I actually like it! :blush:  Not saying I'd drive it, but if I saw it at a show would want a closer look... :smile:  The birthday cake looked nice also. :laugh: 

Yianni's programmes had been on Dave on Sundays recently, not sure if it was repeats or not...but I ended up having a nightmare about it, dreampt I'd had my car wrapped there as a gift for my 27th and was trying not to show how much I hated it. :lol: 

If I lived 2 miles from there I'd walk past now and then to see if theres anything interesting in the carpark. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the Focus making a funny grinding noise when I started it at work today! Had a quick look under the bonnet, couldn't see anything, thought I'd risk the 5 minute drive home. 

Looked again when I got home, steering fluid everywhere! 

Will get a better look tomorrow, hopefully it'll 'just' be a pipe leaking and the pump will be ok..... fingers crossed 🤞

Good news/bad news? 🤔

Don't think it's the pipe, looks like it's this connection/fitting is leaking. Looks like it's coming up through it! I presume it's a pressure sensor or something similar?

IMG_20190302_125041110.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Thoughts?

Too bling for me, and also, where was my 21st birthday present Mercedes 🤔

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

@zain611 I actually like it! :blush:  Not saying I'd drive it, but if I saw it at a show would want a closer look... :smile:  The birthday cake looked nice also. :laugh: 

Yianni's programmes had been on Dave on Sundays recently, not sure if it was repeats or not...but I ended up having a nightmare about it, dreampt I'd had my car wrapped there as a gift for my 27th and was trying not to show how much I hated it. :lol: 

If I lived 2 miles from there I'd walk past now and then to see if theres anything interesting in the carpark. :biggrin: 

I was looking more at the girl 😂. If I was fortunate enough to have rich parents like her who could buy me a C43 AMG, private plate and get it wrapped by yiani I'd be so grateful and over the moon. She didn't look really happy when they revealed it. You should see the comments 😂

Then there's me who's 21, full time student driving around in a mk6 fiesta zetec s diesel 🤣. I am grateful that my parents were able to get me my car. I gave them some money towards it which I saved since I was little. I took consideration as the diesel is cheap to run. Not a guy whos into designer clothes rubbish, just have a selection of like 5 tops and jeans. 

Sometimes when I see some people in uni with golf Rs, merc CLAs etc I think to myself I wish I can get a car like that but I forgot I have a nice decent car myself. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

I was looking more at the girl 😂. If I was fortunate enough to have rich parents like her who could buy me a C43 AMG, private plate and get it wrapped by yiani I'd be so grateful and over the moon. She didn't look really happy when they revealed it. You should see the comments 😂

Then there's me who's 21, full time student driving around in a mk6 fiesta zetec s diesel 🤣. I am grateful that my parents were able to get me my car. I gave them some money towards it which I saved since I was little. I took consideration as the diesel is cheap to run. Not a guy whos into designer clothes rubbish, just have a selection of like 5 tops and jeans. 

Sometimes when I see some people in uni with golf Rs, merc CLAs etc I think to myself I wish I can get a car like that but I forgot I have a nice decent car myself. 

People live different lives mate, she's probably got a massive house and can buy anything she wants...getting what we'd see as an expensive car with expensive mods won't be seen the same way by her.  In the same way as some people save up for years to buy what we might consider as a ~£500 banger to finally get away from their pushbike... 

Tbh she might just have resting ***** face anyway...I hate opening gifts in front of people myself as they always expect a reaction and I never really know what to do. :laugh: 

I know I'll never be in a position to buy or drive what I'd perceive as a nice car so it doesn't really bother me, I'm just pleased that there are people rich enough to buy them and bring them to car shows where us paupers can have a nose around them! :biggrin: 

• Like 2

Aint there some strange drivers on our roads when you look at it (my sunday moan)

Followed a few where stopping to turn right so stops in the middle of the road about 2 or 3 ft away from the white line so nobody can turn left so massive Que.

People doing 15mph or just over in a 30mph and not a built up area and no houses etc but then goes upto around 30mph when it goes to 50mph limit.

We are all for safe driving and not speeding and stuff but these days its just getting mad.

@TomsFocus I think what makes me a little jealous seeing people like that is I'm still in education and have no clue what job and salary I'll have. I try to work as much as I can as I plan to do a masters after this degree hopefully. When I start working full time I'd most likely may need to invest in a property so say may take 2 years if I would take home around 20k a year then I can save for a car. 

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus I think what makes me a little jealous seeing people like that is I'm still in education and have no clue what job and salary I'll have. I try to work as much as I can as I plan to do a masters after this degree hopefully. When I start working full time I'd most likely may need to invest in a property so say may take 2 years if I would take home around 20k a year then I can save for a car. 

You'll be on around 28k upwards in lab mate 

Be grand 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Aint there some strange drivers on our roads when you look at it (my sunday moan)

Followed a few where stopping to turn right so stops in the middle of the road about 2 or 3 ft away from the white line so nobody can turn left so massive Que.

People doing 15mph or just over in a 30mph and not a built up area and no houses etc but then goes upto around 30mph when it goes to 50mph limit.

We are all for safe driving and not speeding and stuff but these days its just getting mad.

For me it's the impatient drivers that get me. Yesterday was driving down the main road where it was busy on the other side going in the opposite direction. Had some BMW driver pull out of the oncoming lane so he can get past the cars in front of him and turn right on to a side road. Luckily I had space in my lane to pass him. When Im stuck in traffic and want to turn right onto a side road I just wait in the queue of traffic until I'm able to turn rather than going in the oncoming lane to pass cars then turn. 

What really gets my blood boiling is queue jumpers 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lenny said:

You'll be on around 28k upwards in lab mate 

Be grand 

Lenny how does the tax system work? I honestly don't have a clue with this stuff as I've never worked and got paid 😂. Was looking at jobs in labs and its okay with salary. There's a biomedical scientist (which the teachers in my degree always talk about) however salary starts from band 5 which is around £22k and I think the most they get is up to £35k. I've seen a healthcare scientist which is a step up and they start at band 6 from training (28k) then band 7 (33k) after being qualified. 

With me I do like research as like my dissertation project I found interesting and my aunt did a PhD which I also found interesting when I read her thesis. I'm thinking I might do a masters after this degree and probably a PhD. I heard the funded phd projects can pay you around 16 - 22k a year no tax so that might be a good opportunity to save that money and put towards a deposit for a house. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lenny how does the tax system work? I honestly don't have a clue with this stuff as I've never worked and got paid 😂.

The gov.uk website is surprisingly helpful in explaining income tax, national insurance and other employment related matters and is pretty easy to navigate, so well worth having a browse some time.

Blimey - I've said something complimentary about the government - better go lie down for a while!😀

• Like 4

As I recall GOV.UK won some awards for web design and ease of use.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Let's not spend money the wrong way around now 🤣🤑

Screenshot_20190303-103746.png

• Haha 2

It's genuine as well! :laugh:  Bit off topic but my great Aunt bought one of those Micra's brand new in 1987!  She donated it to the fire service when she gave up driving about 6 years ago.

Vehicle Details

Registration

First Registration
28-03-1989
Manufacturer
NISSAN
Model
MICRA GS
Engine Size
00988cc
Engine Power
50 BHP
Colour
WHITE
Fuel
PETROL
Body Style
5 DOOR HATCHBACK
Transmission
Manual
Gear count
Drive type
Front Wheel Drive
Manufactured
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lenny how does the tax system work? I honestly don't have a clue with this stuff as I've never worked and got paid 😂. Was looking at jobs in labs and its okay with salary. There's a biomedical scientist (which the teachers in my degree always talk about) however salary starts from band 5 which is around £22k and I think the most they get is up to £35k. I've seen a healthcare scientist which is a step up and they start at band 6 from training (28k) then band 7 (33k) after being qualified. 

With me I do like research as like my dissertation project I found interesting and my aunt did a PhD which I also found interesting when I read her thesis. I'm thinking I might do a masters after this degree and probably a PhD. I heard the funded phd projects can pay you around 16 - 22k a year no tax so that might be a good opportunity to save that money and put towards a deposit for a house. 

Tax is different in the UK so the guys there give better answer than i ever could as I'm in Ireland,

As for the Micra

50Hp 😂 

Only Micra I want is a 1989 March Super Turbo still only 90bhp but the sound is awesome 

• Like 1

I really don't like sitting here with abdominal pain hoping it isn't appendicitis 😬

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I really don't like sitting here with abdominal pain hoping it isn't appendicitis 😬

Get the doctor out or go to hospital if you suspect it could be. It's not something to be taken lightly, especially if it's ready to burst.

I got rushed in when I was 10yrs old, doctor came out about 1am, checked me, called an ambulance and straight into theatre. It was ready to blow!

22 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Get the doctor out or go to hospital if you suspect it could be. It's not something to be taken lightly, especially if it's ready to burst.

I got rushed in when I was 10yrs old, doctor came out about 1am, checked me, called an ambulance and straight into theatre. It was ready to blow!

Appendicitis  is pain only on the right side only. hope you get well soon :smile:

52 minutes ago, dezwez said:
Appendicitis  is pain only on the right side only. hope you get well soon [emoji2]

Yeah that's what I've had for 24 hours now, although I think it's slowly getting better. I've got an important work trip tomorrow so if it's not better by the end of tomorrow I'll book a doctors appointment for Tuesday morning...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Yeah that's what I've had for 24 hours now, although I think it's slowly getting better. I've got an important work trip tomorrow so if it's not better by the end of tomorrow I'll book a doctors appointment for Tuesday morning...

Not to alarm you but I was in surgery within 4 or 5hrs of the pain starting. A burst appendix potentially can kill you so I would at least phone the NHS 111 line for advice if I were you.

• Like 1

good advice if you are worried :smile:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club