Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like defrosting a pack of croissants this morning and reading 'once defrosted, use on same day' on the back...  

I can't understand why that would be though.  It's just bread basically, it's not like meat or dairy that breeds bacteria profusely...  Can't seem to find any reason for it online either...anyone know why it would be?  Obviously if it's a safety issue I'll follow it, if they'll just loose a bit of texture I'm not overly fussed.

I'm trying to think also what the reason is to only defrosting once. Either could be once defrosted the bacteria in it start to grow at a faster pace and with the sugar in croissants it'll help them grow faster. Different types of bacteria grow normal in warm conditions or in cold conditions. A fridge slows down the bacterial replication. My fridge freezer when I get something out of it, my hands have a smell of body odour which may mean there's bacteria in there 🤪.

Freezing something causes the formation of ice crystals which in man causes cellular damage and death which is one of the causes of death. For food might affect the overall look or compounds of it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like defrosting a pack of croissants this morning and reading 'once defrosted, use on same day' on the back...  

I can't understand why that would be though.  It's just bread basically, it's not like meat or dairy that breeds bacteria profusely...  Can't seem to find any reason for it online either...anyone know why it would be?  Obviously if it's a safety issue I'll follow it, if they'll just loose a bit of texture I'm not overly fussed.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, IMHO manufacturers put stupid things on their packaging to scare consumers into dumping perfectly good food therefore selling more. 

In future you could just take out what you're going to need on the day 😉

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, IMHO manufacturers put stupid things on their packaging to scare consumers into dumping perfectly good food therefore selling more. 

In future you could just take out what you're going to need on the day 😉

That's the good thing about having both 'use by' and 'best before' though, the word 'use' implies a safety risk but there shouldn't be one with this type of food as far as a I understand.

I often freeze normal bread and use it for 5-7 days after defrosting so didn't even think to check the croissants.  I should've just taken what I needed and put the rest back for tomorrow as you suggest lol.

I do like getting a croissant 🥐 cutting it down the middle and putting grated cheese in then melting it in a microwave or oven. 

I once sliced a croissant into quarters and lightly pan toasted it. Scrambled an egg with milk and butter to put on top then some slices of salmon 😋

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I do like getting a croissant 🥐 cutting it down the middle and putting grated cheese in then melting it in a microwave or oven. 

I once sliced a croissant into quarters and lightly pan toasted it. Scrambled an egg with milk and butter to put on top then some slices of salmon 😋

You should apply for MasterChef with all your culinary creations! :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ceramic kitchen floor tiles 1 - Glass pizza dish 0 🙄 😆

Ceramic kitchen floor tiles 1 - Glass pizza dish 0 [emoji849] [emoji38]
Better than the other way round...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Better than the other way round...

Not sure 🤔 don't really like the tiles but they were in the house when we moved in, would like to change them to vinyl etc but too much hassle and expense just now. 

All ST drivers are friendly [emoji847]

I'm orrible [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I do like getting a croissant [emoji1644] cutting it down the middle and putting grated cheese in then melting it in a microwave or oven. 
I once sliced a croissant into quarters and lightly pan toasted it. Scrambled an egg with milk and butter to put on top then some slices of salmon [emoji39]
Smoked ham and nice crumbly cheddar then bake in the oven until the cheese melts.
Yummy beyond belief [emoji39]

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I'm orrible emoji48.png

(Fiesta) ST drivers then 😉

• Like 2

(Fiesta) ST drivers then [emoji6]
[emoji57]

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I'm orrible emoji48.png

• Like 1

Washing and polishing your car then bird craps on it!

People asking will you do my next while washing your car...was funny the first time I heard it not the 10th

Old woman banging their hand bag against your car while walking past it.

When a kid presses the crossing button then running off without wanting to cross.

When some one at a filling station decides to do take their time deciding what drink and chocolate to buy and making you wait 20 minutes

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, robert90tucker said:

Washing and polishing your car then bird craps on it!

People asking will you do my next while washing your car...was funny the first time I heard it not the 10th

Old woman banging their hand bag against your car while walking past it.

When a kid presses the crossing button then running off without wanting to cross.

When some one at a filling station decides to do take their time deciding what drink and chocolate to buy and making you wait 20 minutes

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

spot on with all of them :biggrin:

Oh yeah, you've reminded me of the rant I meant to post last week about a truly amazing filling station visit...

The bloke in the van in front of me parked at the pump and did his shopping WITHOUT EVEN BUYING ANY PETROL :cursing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

An essential item for the glovebox: https://www.autoglym.com/bird-dropping-wipes

And don't get me started on the positioning of my neighbour's bird box (again)...

Garlic bread kills them 

I found out the hard way as I didn't intend on killing any 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robert90tucker said:

People asking will you do my next while washing your car...was funny the first time I heard it not the 10th

Have the exact thing happen to me. My neighbours say 'do you want to wash my car?' whenever I clean my car. Then sometimes their mother in law who lives across the road says also 😂. Doesn't really bother me but I like to say now Id charge for it as you see it takes me a day to clean 🤣

Ah the other thing about women hitting your car with her handbag. I once sat parked off a busy street. One woman was crossing the road with her suitcase across the front of the car and whilst she lifted the suitcase up the kerb I heard she hit the bumper slightly 😤. Few minutes later a girl ran past the car in an excitement to see her friends and her coat zip hit the door. 

I'm not being sexist but once in my previous car I was parked in a lidl car park and for some reason people were walking between this bollard behind the side of the car. One guy with his suitcase walked passed and hit his suitcase behind the car. When he walked past he looked back and noticed I was sitting in the car and said sorry. Luckily no damage I can see from these instances. 

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

An essential item for the glovebox: https://www.autoglym.com/bird-dropping-wipes

And don't get me started on the positioning of my neighbour's bird box (again)...

I was looking at this but I'd worry that those bits in the poo either it's seeds etc you might scrape against the paint when wiping. Just yesterday I saw what looked to be bird poo, I'd get my spray bottle, fill with warm water then spray on the poo to break it down and disperse. 

On 3/5/2019 at 6:27 PM, zain611 said:

How did you get so much salt?

I suppose it could have been down to my Winter driving style...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Garlic bread kills them 

I found out the hard way as I didn't intend on killing any

learn something new ever day :smile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dezwez said:

learn something new ever day :smile:

Ended up with a black bird in the compost bin instead of the Garlic bread, 

The bird was lying in the back garden with body going in to spasm's 

The dinner that night was chicken and mushroom pie with broccoli, funny thing was; the bird done a huge stretch and died soon after I placed some of the wife's cooking next to it; on a lunch bo  lid 😂

Cat came during the night then; ate the chicken & broccoli but didn't touch the bird atall 😾

So I got the spade and put it in the compost bin.

This was two days after I mistakenly left out two full lengths of garlic bread French stick #GetThemInToYa #HowYouLikeDemApples #WhoopsIdidItAgain 

• Like 1

I don't like playing toast roulette for the last few days...never knowing whether it'll be anaemic barely warm bread or a pile of ash...  Guess the thermostat has probably failed in the toaster...always seems to be something needing repair or replacement! :sad:  Struggle to find cheap toasters I like though, I want the long 4 slice ones as 2 slicers always seem to miss the top inch!  :rolleyes: 

Also don't like how cold it is in here this morning thanks to the windows and doors that don't really fit...it's about 10c outside but the wind whistling through has dropping the inside temp down to 17c overnight...storage heater only works on cheap rate electric as well so I'll have to wait until this afternoon to get any heat from that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like playing toast roulette for the last few days...never knowing whether it'll be anaemic barely warm bread or a pile of ash...  Guess the thermostat has probably failed in the toaster...always seems to be something needing repair or replacement! :sad:  Struggle to find cheap toasters I like though, I want the long 4 slice ones as 2 slicers always seem to miss the top inch!  :rolleyes: 

Also don't like how cold it is in here this morning thanks to the windows and doors that don't really fit...it's about 10c outside but the wind whistling through has dropping the inside temp down to 17c overnight...storage heater only works on cheap rate electric as well so I'll have to wait until this afternoon to get any heat from that. 

You could silicone around the window seal then peel it off in summer,

Argos is good for cheap toasters 

I've given up purchasing dishwashers for the wife as she blocks the pump with food,

Only time I sent her alone was to purchase a tumble dryer; which we keep outside in a wooden garden shed,

She bought a condenser dryer which is designed to take the heat in from surrounding room and top it up to drying temperature.

But it's in a wooden shed.... Costing me an absolute fortune as it doesn't have a drying time; instead it maintains ***** temperature 😭 I'm a broken man

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club