Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

@Lenny Well I've had 7 deaths so far (of the fish I bought) since October. 3 red shrimps, 2 of the neon fish and two of the rainbow fish. 

Since then the moss has grown a lot on the wood plus the plants on the side have established and grown tall. Still get that fear of a 130 litre tank upstairs although thinking about it the whole thing weighs around 160 - 180kg which is the same as 2 grown adults. 

15526065203991593353695942951805.thumb.jpg.1c75601e49e7198ae129b93b33f8f1ec.jpg

Only have one of the rainbow fish. The lonely one with the neons. This species was only identified back in 2016. Probably makes sense why the shop charge £27 for 3. They all like to swim to the top whenever they see me thinking I'm going to feed them. 1552606503727936229339963453781.thumb.jpg.9aab191cce50181f6f5563bf2ce7b7c1.jpg

15526064450973667503473938197838.thumb.jpg.05cc7422e1065b1e5754bb20d95de443.jpg

Managed to have some red baby shrimps even though the mother ones I bought from the shop had died. One of them is carrying eggs now (second pic). Do need to get more males as they must be inbreeding. 15526063830473846470258018484580.thumb.jpg.aa4de7f94ca898932d3906814b963292.jpg15526066536696725459675424635300.thumb.jpg.fce84894237ef07b3a168768874d96ac.jpg

• Haha 1

Don't like this vauxhall driver I came across yesterday. Was waiting in traffic and saw in my mirror a vauxhall mokka driving in the oncoming lane. I first thought he was driving in the oncoming lane to bipass the traffic and turn right into a side road. He didn't but indicated to turn in front of me. Really hate queue jumpers. Because he wasn't fully in the lane an oncoming bus had to stop for him 😂. I did overtake him at a roundabout and noticed he was keeping his distance leaving a bit of a gap when stopping behind. Honestly like my dad says these bad drivers are just going to get into trouble later on and that you don't want to try anything in anger and accidently damage your own car. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Don't like this vauxhall driver I came across yesterday. Was waiting in traffic and saw in my mirror a vauxhall mokka driving in the oncoming lane. I first thought he was driving in the oncoming lane to bipass the traffic and turn right into a side road. He didn't but indicated to turn in front of me. Really hate queue jumpers. Because he wasn't fully in the lane an oncoming bus had to stop for him 😂. I did overtake him at a roundabout and noticed he was keeping his distance leaving a bit of a gap when stopping behind. Honestly like my dad says these bad drivers are just going to get into trouble later on and that you don't want to try anything in anger and accidently damage your own car. 

your dads a wise man 😊

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dezwez said:

your dads a wise man 😊

Did have another little incident yesterday. Was in traffic, at this bit where there was an island to the right. I saw a lady on the left. Just about was moving off and saw she just about was going to cross. She put her hand up I think trying to say that the green pedestrian sign light was on which normally shows peds its safe to cross (even though that bit I'm sure doesn't have traffic lights for people to stop at). I just put my hand up to say she can cross as I ain't in no rush or not wanted to make her think I'm ignorant 😊

On 3/9/2019 at 6:30 AM, TimST2 said:

All ST drivers are friendly 🤗

On 3/10/2019 at 10:03 AM, TimST2 said:
(Fiesta) ST drivers then [emoji6]

I take it back. A Peron-tuned Fiesta ST pulled up next to me at the lights today. Looked good in white with a bigger spoiler and diffuser. Unfortunately the driver lost any respect by undertaking everyone in the bus lane and the tailgating the cars further ahead. [emoji107]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Don't like opening up the door card thinking of changing the regulator to find that the motor had broke its teeth. Had a new regulator laying around but that's not the problem needing changing. 

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Don't like opening up the door card thinking of changing the regulator to find that the motor had broke its teeth. Had a new regulator laying around but that's not the problem needing changing. 

Pick one up from breakers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Pick one up from breakers?

Yeah I messaged a breakers who break fiestas and he's got one. This is where I bought the rear ST beam from. Also might change the passenger window switch as it decides when to work and not work. Works fine when using the passenger window with the driver switch so likely is the passenger side window switch that's going. I also think the boot release switch is going 😤

• Sad 1

I don't like ASDA not putting end dates on their offers...  I rarely shop there as its the other side of town but seen a few good deals on this morning.  Anyone know what day they change offers (Tesco change on a Monday night for example) or is it completely random? :unsure: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like ASDA not putting end dates on their offers...  I rarely shop there as its the other side of town but seen a few good deals on this morning.  Anyone know what day they change offers (Tesco change on a Monday night for example) or is it completely random? :unsure: 

In my Asda I think it varies. They do have a little section where they reduce the prices of stuff as it might have todays expiry. The number of people I see in that bit does shock me. I remember once in morrisons I heard an announcement for them doing a 'cheap things' bit and again the number of people who went there. Not trying to put down people who get cheap stuff as my mum does the same thing when a food is on offer. 

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

In my Asda I think it varies. They do have a little section where they reduce the prices of stuff as it might have todays expiry. The number of people I see in that bit does shock me. I remember once in morrisons I heard an announcement for them doing a 'cheap things' bit and again the number of people who went there. Not trying to put down people who get cheap stuff as my mum does the same thing when a food is on offer. 

I think you're probably right about it varying, have found a few people asking the same on Google now. :sad:

Lol, I'm one of those people that heads for the daily reduced sections first! :biggrin: I used to hate shopping with my Dad about 15 years ago as he would always buy up the reduced items...but now I've got such a small food budget myself I totally get it and do the same. :laugh: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Seems to be a common practice with most supermarkets not putting end dates on special offers. Even noticed it in Morrisons and Sainsburys but they usually change on a Monday morning.
Sometimes the stores aren't the ones controlling the offers and it's down to the manufacturer when they run special offers on their products.
I do know Co-op stores change their offers on Wednesdays (unless this has now changed) so offers end at close of business on Tuesday night (unless stated in very small print on the display signage). I had a right go at my local co-op a few years ago because they put the offer signage out the night before. After contacting head office, they did state that this was a breach of the sales act (or trading act) and that no store should be doing the signage on the previous evening due to it misleading customers. I got a £10 voucher for pointing it out to them. 

It's most likely a sales tactic. Reduce the price on stuff people might not normally buy to intice them to buy it and get a taste of it. After when the shop sees people are buying their put the normal price back on hoping for people to still buy if they liked it. 

22 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Seems to be a common practice with most supermarkets not putting end dates on special offers. Even noticed it in Morrisons and Sainsburys but they usually change on a Monday morning.
Sometimes the stores aren't the ones controlling the offers and it's down to the manufacturer when they run special offers on their products.
I do know Co-op stores change their offers on Wednesdays (unless this has now changed) so offers end at close of business on Tuesday night (unless stated in very small print on the display signage). I had a right go at my local co-op a few years ago because they put the offer signage out the night before. After contacting head office, they did state that this was a breach of the sales act (or trading act) and that no store should be doing the signage on the previous evening due to it misleading customers. I got a £10 voucher for pointing it out to them. 

I always check prices online before shopping lol, know exactly what I'm going to buy and how much it'll cost! :biggrin:  Tesco is the best site for this as they always put an end date right on the first 'search' of the item:

tescooffers.thumb.jpg.1b47d0d1e8320cb339a9687a0af572b3.jpg

Sainsburys have also recently added this to their website within the last couple of weeks.  But you have to go looking for it, it's not on the search page.  And it's not even on the item page as below:

sainsoffers.thumb.jpg.b79be0634d90869fcf9094a24ab91f77.jpg

But if you click the red text about the offer it does now show an end date:

sainsoffers2.thumb.jpg.4fdca7abe6dd2ad23b9956449a703300.jpg

Although both say 'for delivery by', they seem to be the same as the on-shelf offers.  I don't shop at the Co-Op because they don't put prices online and don't have self service tills. :laugh: 

22 minutes ago, zain611 said:

It's most likely a sales tactic. Reduce the price on stuff people might not normally buy to intice them to buy it and get a taste of it. After when the shop sees people are buying their put the normal price back on hoping for people to still buy if they liked it. 

I've actually learnt when and where the best offers are at both Tesco & Sainsburys now as they're my main supermarkets.  Most of the offers are on a yearly cycle and pretty easy to predict!  There is the odd new thing that gets put on offer to entice people in though.  I actually thought of you when I saw this offer at Sainsburys last week lol, after you were saying about taking breakfast to Uni recently...  https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&productId=1194078&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10127&langId=44  I've bought a pack to try but I'd never pay the full price even if they are nice so that sales tactic doesn't work for me. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

I don't like that all new laptops don't come with a CD/DVD reader/writer now.
It means I either have to buy an external one or use my other laptop and then use a USB stick to transfer items across (not good for installing games though that I want to reinstall from their CD/DVDs.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that all new laptops don't come with a CD/DVD reader/writer now.
It means I either have to buy an external one or use my other laptop and then use a USB stick to transfer items across (not good for installing games though that I want to reinstall from their CD/DVDs.  

Should be easy to pick up a disc drive though 

Even a housing and take a drive from an old laptop but if you need the disc every time you want to play the game then that's really not cool, not cool atall

@TomsFocus thankfully I only go in 2 days a week so have a lot more days to stay home and make breakfast. One day I go from 9 - 5 so at least take a breakfast drink and cereal bar so my stomach doesn't feel wrong. I have started to go eat in the shops near there and have to say its great trying something different.

My friends sometimes go to a burger and chips shop after the last lecture from 5pm. The guy working there is a really nice humble guy and his wife and daughter help him with placing the plates and cutlery on the table. There's a fish and chips shop also which I've visited for the third time last Thursday. There used to be a couple who'd be at the till but when I went last there was a new guy there. The chef is still there and was happy to see and was more talkative this time 🤣. Decent guy he his that I heard him say to the guy working at the till 'he's a regular' although it's my third time here 😂. Just a shame as I only have 3 more weeks before I'm finished. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus thankfully I only go in 2 days a week so have a lot more days to stay home and make breakfast. One day I go from 9 - 5 so at least take a breakfast drink and cereal bar so my stomach doesn't feel wrong. I have started to go eat in the shops near there and have to say its great trying something different.

My friends sometimes go to a burger and chips shop after the last lecture from 5pm. The guy working there is a really nice humble guy and his wife and daughter help him with placing the plates and cutlery on the table. There's a fish and chips shop also which I've visited for the third time last Thursday. There used to be a couple who'd be at the till but when I went last there was a new guy there. The chef is still there and was happy to see and was more talkative this time 🤣. Decent guy he his that I heard him say to the guy working at the till 'he's a regular' although it's my third time here 😂. Just a shame as I only have 3 more weeks before I'm finished. 

Crikey, is that just 3 weeks of lectures and then exams after or are exams finished within that 3 weeks as well?  It's surprising how quickly time goes overall despite hours or days seeming to drag on lol!

• Like 1

I don't like when this site doesn't let you upload photo's, it keeps happening lately!

14 hours ago, Zico said:

@TomsFocus have you tried MySupermarket?

Covers most of the supermarkets and now places like Amazon, Aldi and Lidl etc. which weren't on there a few years ago.

Yeah, that's a fantastic website, been using it for the last few years! :biggrin:  Sadly it can only show offer end dates that are on the other sites though, so no ASDA dates.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WES180 said:

I don't like when this site doesn't let you upload photo's, it keeps happening lately!

Does it say unable to upload due to low memory? This used to happen to me when I had my other phone probably because of the number of pictures. 

12 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Does it say unable to upload due to low memory? This used to happen to me when I had my other phone probably because of the number of pictures. 

No, when I click to choose files it just does nothing sometimes, most times it lets me choose a file. Is there a daily or weekly upload limit? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WES180 said:

I've not had that problem but there are a couple of photos that I've put up that I can't see but other folk can! 🤔

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, WES180 said:

No, when I click to choose files it just does nothing sometimes, most times it lets me choose a file. Is there a daily or weekly upload limit? 

Haven't had anything like that even when I had my old phone. Don't know if it could be what your using to browse around