Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Shows how broken this one is mate 馃槄

It's supposed to be frost free 馃槀 has elements on each shelf but need a hammer to pull out the drawers聽

they have聽come a long way in the last 15 years I've just got a new one and now I would not buy anything else

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

they have聽come a long way in the last 15 years I've just got a new one and now I would not buy anything else

Have you noticed a reduction in your electricity bill?聽

• Like 1

Have you noticed a reduction in your electricity bill?聽

yes I got the double A rated one I think or A something like that :smile:

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

yes I got the double A rated one I think or A something like that :smile:

Excellent, I'll need to measure the kitchen space now and see what size it is before purchase as theres three different heights,

Ours is just normal fridge door but theres a kitchen cabinet built above it

• Like 1

Excellent, I'll need to measure the kitchen space now and see what size it is before purchase as theres three different heights,

Ours is just normal fridge door but theres a kitchen cabinet built above it

you can get the fittings so you can fit a cabinet door to some of the new ones I just have a free standing one fridge/freezer :smile:

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

you can get the fittings so you can fit a cabinet door to some of the new ones I just have a free standing one fridge/freezer :smile:

Ours is free standing as well just fits in to a part of the kitchen area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Ours is free standing as well just fits in to a part of the kitchen area.

Right I see

• Like 1

@TomsFocus聽getting your ears syringed really isn't too bad, nearly quite pleasant 馃

I've had a big lump of wax removed by a doctor, just hooked out with a crochet hook type of thing and I just about passed out! I presume with the sudden change in pressure on my eardrum.聽

Syringing, on the other hand, is far easier on you. It's not actually syringed, just rinsed with warm water, not too bad.聽

馃槈

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus聽I think the unexpected bleeding happens to all of us. I have a red mark on my shoulder which I believe is caused by my heavy bag I carry. There have been times where I see a mark and wonder how that got there.

I get that too after carrying a bag or lifting something heavy. It looks like the blood vessels聽burst under the skin. Clears up in less than a day...

@TomsFocus聽don't feel bad about feeling faint after cutting yourself - I nearly passed out when the doctor took blood last year, and I also ended up lying on the kitchen floor with my wife and daughter coming to the rescue after I sliced into my finger with a really sharp knife聽when trying to chop an onion聽:shy:

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

Also don't like that my fridge at home is leaking air, the back of it has cracked as I poured so hot water down the hole.

As a temporary measure couldn't you use outdoor sealant to plug the gap for the time being?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I get that too after carrying a bag or lifting something heavy. It looks like the blood vessels聽burst under the skin. Clears up in less than a day...

@TomsFocus聽don't feel bad about feeling faint after cutting yourself - I nearly passed out when the doctor took blood last year, and I also ended up lying on the kitchen floor with my wife and daughter coming to the rescue after I sliced into my finger with a really sharp knife聽when trying to chop an onion聽:shy:

That really is funny as on my birthday I was using a bread knife to cut an onion and the knife went quickly through the onion and I moved the knife back and forth without realising I was cutting into my finger. I just was staring at the cut whilst my mum was doing something and for the first time I noticed I started feeling dizzy and I was loosing vision. I quickly went upstairs and got my alka settler bottle as my stomach began to get bloated. When I told my mum about it she said that's signs of fainting. She then kept saying that my sister is stronger than me 馃ぃ. Found it a scary and odd experience as I see a lot of blood when I play games.聽

I don鈥檛 like the sight of blood either, and apparently my dad fainted on the first day of his medical course so I guess it runs in the family! I鈥檝e been cooped up indoors last 2 days with flu, which is bad as I鈥檓 supposed to be preparing for an assessment on Wednesday聽and I鈥檝e got bad cabin fever now as well!

• Like 1

This was a shocking one. Most people were talking about one particular driver who had 3 clips on there. Would like to get your thoughts on who it is. One of his clips is at the end and that was shocking.聽

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

This was a shocking one. Most people were talking about one particular driver who had 3 clips on there. Would like to get your thoughts on who it is. One of his clips is at the end and that was shocking.聽

god there are some crazy people about聽

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Looks alot like a Traveller, Tinker or whatever you guys like to call them, I've saw them carry on like that among each other on the roads over here,

Generally very isolated, theres a group settled in a house down the road from us and I've saw them smashing each other's cars as well as boxing on the road in a crowd of 15 or 20聽

Hitler had the right idea but the wrong people is all I can say.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lenny said:

Shows how broken this one is mate 馃槄

It's supposed to be frost free 馃槀 has elements on each shelf but need a hammer to pull out the drawers,

The fridge is staying on longer so the freezer is on overtime聽

The FF ones no longer have shelves to ice up.聽 I made the mistake of not checking when I bought mine in 2015, just assumed they were all FF nowadays!聽 Mine looks like yours roughly every 6 months! :sad:聽 I don't mind the defrosting too much, but always end up having to throw away some of the food beforehand and then spend 拢30 filling it up again afterwards. My Mum & Nan both have frost free ones that have never needed defrosting in a decade or so so that's definitely the way to go nowadays lol!

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

@TomsFocus聽getting your ears syringed really isn't too bad, nearly quite pleasant 馃

I've had a big lump of wax removed by a doctor, just hooked out with a crochet hook type of thing and I just about passed out! I presume with the sudden change in pressure on my eardrum.聽

Syringing, on the other hand, is far easier on you. It's not actually syringed, just rinsed with warm water, not too bad.聽

馃槈

Even just reading that made me feel nauseous!聽 :unsure:聽 I'm really pathetic with anything to do with bodies, especially internals or anything having to come out. 馃槷 I've read a lot of people get very dizzy from syringing as well so I really am hoping it'll just come out of it's accord, getting water in my ears from a shower is bad enough lol! :laugh:

13 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I did pass out after having the DPT injection back in high school...was already scared of needles so that didn't help.聽 :rolleyes:聽 Caused carpet burn across my face and had back and neck pain for days.聽 Could've been worse though, I was standing next to a Victorian cast iron radiator which I just narrowly missed lol!聽 I should really have blood tests done now聽 for a few different issues I'm having but there's absolutely no chance of that so I'll just put up with them lol. 聽

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

That really is funny as on my birthday I was using a bread knife to cut an onion and the knife went quickly through the onion and I moved the knife back and forth without realising I was cutting into my finger. I just was staring at the cut whilst my mum was doing something and for the first time I noticed I started feeling dizzy and I was loosing vision. I quickly went upstairs and got my alka settler bottle as my stomach began to get bloated. When I told my mum about it she said that's signs of fainting. She then kept saying that my sister is stronger than me 馃ぃ. Found it a scary and odd experience as I see a lot of blood when I play games.聽

Games are weird though, like you can tell it's not real...聽 I can't watch any gory films and especially no Hospital type programmes on TV!

10 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I don鈥檛 like the sight of blood either, and apparently my dad fainted on the first day of his medical course so I guess it runs in the family! I鈥檝e been cooped up indoors last 2 days with flu, which is bad as I鈥檓 supposed to be preparing for an assessment on Wednesday聽and I鈥檝e got bad cabin fever now as well!

It does seem to be more guys than girls affected by blood.聽 I can't really understand why though...聽 I get a major nose bleed at least once a month so I don't think the cycle they have to go through can explain it.聽 And after all, most of our male ancestors would've probably fought in wars over the last hundred years or so so I can't see it being hereditary either.聽 Very odd! 馃槷

• Like 2

Car is filthy. Hasn't been cleaned since new years and haven't had time 馃槩. Hopefully after 2 weeks will be free then to clean it

DSC_0060.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:
Car is filthy. Hasn't been cleaned since new years and haven't had time [emoji22]. Hopefully after 2 weeks will be free then to clean it DSC_0060.thumb.JPG.c9e5c85c22def87f12f3c06bf56e17f1.JPG

Yeah, I last cleaned mine properly 2 months ago. It had a quick pressure wash and full interior clean a month ago, but next Sunday I'm going to try and find time to get the snow foam and wax out and do a proper job on it.

• Like 2

I don't like our Blu-ray player releasing the magic smoke this evening!聽

Ok, it's a few years old but it's not been used much 馃檮

IMG_20190324_202604496.jpg

• Sad 1

This forum ain't what it used to be聽

planta-rodadora-gif-1.gif.e10706711c79ce7a9ea206d35112cba6.gif

14 minutes ago, Lenny said:

This forum ain't what it used to be聽

planta-rodadora-gif-1.gif.e10706711c79ce7a9ea206d35112cba6.gif

Maybe we're all becoming a much more jolly bunch with no need to post in a Don't Like thread...

Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

@Lenny I don't like my shrimps picking on my hand 馃槀. It's like a pins and needle feeling. Sometimes I see these little things on the glass which I believe are parasites. Tried taking one out but it fell to the bottom. Should of squashed it to kill it first.聽

DSC_0083.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny I don't like my shrimps picking on my hand 馃槀. It's like a pins and needle feeling. Sometimes I see these little things on the glass which I believe are parasites. Tried taking one out but it fell to the bottom. Should of squashed it to kill it first.聽

DSC_0083.JPG

You could extract the parasites with a large pipette or Turkey baster, squashing it may release toxins as a sort of natural defense weapon聽

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Maybe we're all becoming a much more jolly bunch with no need to post in a Don't Like thread...

Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I need to get a life the same as others seem to already have done lol聽

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Perhaps I need to get a life the same as others seem to already have done lol聽

I don't think I have. Yesterday was in uni for a seminar and a feedback session. During the feedback session I waited over an hour to see my teacher. Funny thing is hardly anyone comes in on Mondays as this module has no exams however there's just a group poster assignment. As soon as the teacher emails about a feedback drop in session for yesterday and next Monday people come in.聽

2 of my friends I normally talk to didnt come in however was talking to other friends however are more interested talking to their 'main' friends. After they went I sat in the room for an hour by myself waiting till less people come to the teacher. Actually started to feel a little depressed looking at people with their friends and I'm by myself 馃槦. I've noticed in uni there's a lot more international students who normally like to hang around each other. Doesn't help also from my past experience liking someone and not seeing them now which has made me intolerable to seeing one guy sitting with several girls type of thing 馃槀. A mistake I made was I didn't queue up in the beginning also. Honestly happy just staying home and not seeing indecency when I go out or feeling alone.聽

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club