Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 hours ago, WES180 said:

Ah, so that must be why the electrician turned up 2 hours late in work then after me specifically stating they need to be there at 8am so I can show them round before I leave site. 🤬

Could be worse; I got sent this image from home of our bedroom TV 

IMG-20190401-WA0004.thumb.jpg.23800608ccc29eef68a4813b8f14c248.jpg

Seems its April fools though 😳

IMG-20190401-WA0007.thumb.jpg.5751258e3d1fb2da3a4bc3bd0bf24483.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My daughter just drove round to see me in her new car she bought ( 13 plate red fiesta) only on Friday night. Tonight someone pulled out of a junction into the front wing of her car, and then drove off!! They looked at my daughter knowing what they had done and sped away. Well when she meant sped away , I'm not sure that would be the case in a 66 plate sangyoung Tivoli. My daughter's friend managed to get reg number not that I think that will before any use. Can't see the police chasing that up. 

Actually, I think they can. It is an offence to not report an RTC within 24 hours where damage has occured to any vehicle, even if no one is injured. 
The police would be able to check PNC for keeper and driver details and then check said vehicle for damage. 

• Like 2

Don't like me having 3 Ferraris , 1 lambo, 1 Aston Martin to mot. Nightmare getting them on ramp and jacked up. 

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

Don't like me having 3 Ferraris , 1 lambo, 1 Aston Martin to mot. Nightmare getting them on ramp and jacked up. 

Take them all on a test drive 😂. Occasionally when one of my dads friends drops their car off for my dad to fix I might take the car out. The house garage is at the back of the house in a alleyway so not driving it in public roads. Once took out a Nissan 370Z.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

My daughter just drove round to see me in her new car she bought ( 13 plate red fiesta) only on Friday night. Tonight someone pulled out of a junction into the front wing of her car, and then drove off!! They looked at my daughter knowing what they had done and sped away. Well when she meant sped away , I'm not sure that would be the case in a 66 plate sangyoung Tivoli. My daughter's friend managed to get reg number not that I think that will before any use. Can't see the police chasing that up. 

At least she got the reg. Might be best you invest in a dash cam and fitting it in her car. 

• Like 2

@iantt one of my dads friends has a zafira which he found had a blocked DPF. We found it odd as its reading around 60 - 70k miles. Found that in 2010 the mileage was cut back by 20k. 

The offence can result in an instant driving ban, but in normal circumstances, they could expect a means tested fine up to £2,500 and between 5 and 10 penalty points. In extremely serious cases, punishment can include community service, a curfew order or a prison sentence.

Their obligation to report the matter to their insurance company is contractual between them and their insurers. However, if they choose not to report the matter promptly, their insurers can refuse to indemnify them in relation to any claim that they wish to make or is made against them, particularly if the insurers believe their position has been prejudiced.

In any case, your daughter needs to report it to your local Force and her insurance company asap, the other driver may try reporting her and push the blame her way plus try it on for injury compensation.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, iantt said:

All in one day!?  😮  Have you changed jobs again?

Presumably they all passed with a massive wad of cash left on the passenger seat... :wink: 

Got a limited edition Aston Martin a

Vantage  lle man's in now, same mileage for last 4 Mots. Trailered each year to testing station. 

IMG_20190402_112423.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

Got a limited edition Aston Martin a

Vantage  lle man's in now, same mileage for last 4 Mots. Trailered each year to testing station. 

IMG_20190402_112423.jpg

Very nice!! 😮 Why go to the hassle of MOTing it if they don't use it though? :unsure: 

No idea, just been told the current value of the car. Have a guess or 2 anyone?

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

No idea, just been told the current value of the car. Have a guess or 2 anyone?

35k?

20 minutes ago, iantt said:

just been told the current value of the car. Have a guess or 2 anyone?

If it is tip top showroom condition, and a rare model, I suspect £150k or more.

Just kept as an investment by the sound of it, or maybe to trailer off to shows. The owner probably just wants the MoT to be able to say it is roadworthy to his (I bet he is a he!) chums. Or to be able to sell it if the right offer suddenly comes along.

I can't really understand it, looking after and worrying about all that value would make me ill!

20 minutes ago, zain611 said:

35k?

I'm gonna guess at least 3 times that... 😮

9 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Just kept as an investment by the sound of it, or maybe to trailer off to shows. The owner probably just wants the MoT to be able to say it is roadworthy to his (I bet he is a he!) chums. Or to be able to sell it if the right offer suddenly comes along.

I can't really understand it, looking after and worrying about all that value would make me ill!

I can understand storing it in a (very!) secure location as a retirement investment...but trailering it to MOT every year would be more than I could cope with! :laugh:  There's absolutely no way I'd take it to a show either, seen far too many cars get damaged at shows. :sad:  

18 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

If it is tip top showroom condition, and a rare model, I suspect £150k or more.

Your closer but still way off. Lol

If it's a V600 Le Mans Coupe then between £250k and £500k going by the AM pre-owned website...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

If it's a V600 Le Mans Coupe then between £250k and £500k going by the AM pre-owned website...

We got a winner. Lol. £400k 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Guessing games have been ruined the internet... :laugh: 

Just now, iantt said:

We got a winner. Lol. £400k 

Oh wow! 😮  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Guessing games have been ruined the internet... :laugh: 

😋

I was just genuinely interested...

• Haha 1

Could by a house in London for around that much 😂. I once saw a Aston Martin DB5 at a wedding. I heard the owner is or was a rockstar and has several hotels. Man I'd just be happy driving fast cars for a living. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Could by a house in London for around that much 😂. I once saw a Aston Martin DB5 at a wedding. I heard the owner is or was a rockstar and has several hotels. Man I'd just be happy driving fast cars for a living. 

A house? More likely a flat in London.

• Like 2

Apparently the Aston is unique.only one of a certain spec made . 

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There's absolutely no way I'd take it to a show either, seen far too many cars get damaged at shows.

I can well believe it. All those people walking about, plus loading and unloading, and that is without adding in malicious damage, which must happen from time to time. Very scary to think a little scratch could knock maybe £10,000 off the value.

At least I don't have that worry :laugh:. One more scratch would make no difference whatever to the value of my old heap. It works, and I like it, but the guessing game for the commercial value of it would be pretty easy. How close to zero can you get!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tdci-Peter said:

At least I don't have that worry :laugh:. One more scratch would make no difference whatever to the value of my old heap. It works, and I like it, but the guessing game for the commercial value of it would be pretty easy. How close to zero can you get!

Lol 😂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club