Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I think they count cars don't they?

EDIT: Beaten to it!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Purely for traffic flow studies, it allows councils to work out where to put their next round of speed bumps & chicanes [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Purely for traffic flow studies, it allows councils to work out where to put their next round of speed bumps & chicanes emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I now slow down to 20 or less when I come across them 😂. Obviously look behind to see if it's okay to. 

22 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Zico should of flashed your hazards to make the woman think your slowing down due to a hazard 😂. The autobeam performance indicators must of done something. I do hate tailgaters, they lack the sense that driving close behind someone doesn't mean they get to where they're going quicker. No one should rush to get somewhere. 

I've mentioned this before that the LED Bulbs have definitely made a noticeable difference when people see me indicate, backing off further even if they were already at a safe distance behind me. The woman in the Mk7 Fiesta was going nowhere and I doubt even shining a flood light in her face would have made her slow down.

Sometimes I just wish I had an old banger and could brake enough that they rear ended me. I don't like the 'bash cash' insurance claim rubbish but for tailgaters I can make an exception!

• Like 1

I don't like yet another pair of wraparounds snapping! :sad:

IMG_20190408_120819941.thumb.jpg.e52b871796bae2e7d3f5b5807f9502c7.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like yet another pair of wraparounds snapping! :sad:

IMG_20190408_120819941.thumb.jpg.e52b871796bae2e7d3f5b5807f9502c7.jpg

We get safety glasses provided at work including sunglasses. North by Honeywell, seem to be quite strong 😉

IMG_20190408_162051931.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

We get safety glasses provided at work including sunglasses. North by Honeywell, seem to be quite strong 😉

IMG_20190408_162051931.jpg

Hmm, never thought about work-proof glasses before! Any idea where they get them from as I can only see US suppliers?

• Like 1

I cleared my cookies tonight , and now I can't get into Facebook. Obviously it's my fault as I forgot what email address, phone number , password etc. Only set up account so I could comment on a Mondeo closed group. Lol 

I cleared my cookies tonight , and now I can't get into Facebook. Obviously it's my fault as I forgot what email address, phone number , password etc. Only set up account so I could comment on a Mondeo closed group. Lol 

Time to start using LastPass...

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Time to start using LastPass...

can you do a systems restore with windows

8th of April the ULEZ has come in on Central London. In 2021 it will expand in the whole city meaning people such as myself with a non compliant car have to sell it. Looks like a bit of people have just realised this now and the planned expansion as I've seen a bit of attention in the slight increase of the petition signatures. 

Don't like my mum constantly saying now for me to sell my car now before it devalues because of this ULEZ. I'm waiting till next year's mayoral election and see if any candidate says they'll stop the expansion. The Conservatives said they'll stop the expansion. 

• Confused 1

It's the beginning of the end for the internal combustion engine. First LEZ, then the ban in 2040 (that they're trying to bring forward) and now ULEZ. I'm not a Londoner (thankfully) but my Lotus is non-compliant and so is our diesel Honda CRV. In fact any diesel older than 4 years is non-compliant! We were looking at 3 year old Volvo XC60s as a replacement, but how long before they move the goalposts again?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dezwez said:

can you do a systems restore with windows

How does that question relate to LastPass?

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

8th of April the ULEZ has come in on Central London. In 2021 it will expand in the whole city meaning people such as myself with a non compliant car have to sell it. Looks like a bit of people have just realised this now and the planned expansion as I've seen a bit of attention in the slight increase of the petition signatures. 

Don't like my mum constantly saying now for me to sell my car now before it devalues because of this ULEZ. I'm waiting till next year's mayoral election and see if any candidate says they'll stop the expansion. The Conservatives said they'll stop the expansion. 

I'm confused...........it doesn't take much sometimes 😀

I've just entered my reg into this site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896 and it tells me my car is exempt from fees 🤔 Gonna be worth double selling it in London 😀

Screenshot_20190409-074706.png

• Like 1

@Turvey my car is subject to the charge sadly. Its mainly diesels owners they are trying to charge 😢. At the moment it's in central London so doesn't bother me but the expansion in 2021 to the whole city will affect a lot of people including myself. Just waiting to the elections next year to see if the current mayor gets voted out and if the new one goes against this. 

Been having a go with the online checker out of interest. As expected, the current Fiesta is exempt from ULEZ charge, as is the Mrs's Mii. Then put in the registrations of some diesels we used to own with the following results:

2005 Audi A3 2.0TDI - exempt

2009 Land Rover Freelander 2.2 SD4 - exempt

2010 Focus Mk 2.5 2.0TDCI - liable to charge

Seemed a bit odd - is that Focus really "dirtier" than the heavier Freelander with what is basically a larger version of the same engine - though with stop/start? And surely the Audi wouldn't comply? 

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

I agree with your Mum on this I'm afraid.  If you're trying to sell it to anyone around the London area, you'll really struggle once the expansion happens.  I'd assume most people that live even just outside of the charge area will still drive into London and be after a compliant car.  

If you do wait until the election and Khan stays in (pretty sure he will myself!) then that'll just confirm to people that they'll need a compliant car by 2021. 

It's a difficult decision though, hard to know exactly when the best value will be.

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I'm confused...........it doesn't take much sometimes 😀

I've just entered my reg into this site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896 and it tells me my car is exempt from fees 🤔 Gonna be worth double selling it in London 😀

Screenshot_20190409-074706.png

It's NOx that they're trying to reduce, rather than CO2.  So essentially for normal cars, any petrol after 2004 doesn't have to pay.  Any diesel after 2015 doesn't have to pay.  

• Like 1

Got a free pack of Mini Eggs through O2 priority yesterday...once they'd been scanned I inadvertently said 'eggcellent, thanks'...  I can't go back there now. :laugh: 

• Like 1

@TomsFocus I'm planning to see what happens next year in the mayoral election in that May. If Labour is voted again then sadly might sell my car the month or 2 later. Mainly just want to see if another party gets voted and if they go against it. The current Labour mayor isn't really helping the working class people if he brings this charge in. I'm sure a lot of people who travel to Central will take public transport but outside a lot of people drive to work or leisure. Might get my Peugeot 107 again if I'm forced to 😭

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

The Conservatives said they'll stop the expansion. 

Unfortunately what politicians say to get elected and what they actually do once they get in, tend to differ somewhat😀. The general trend does seem to be towards establishing ULEZs in other cities/conurbations, with a view to eliminating i/c engined vehicles as early as possible, as @TimST2 suggests earlier. After that, they'll have to find other ways to soak people for tax for their pet projects. Perhaps they might find a way to tax inefficient  bicycles which make the rider breathe out more heavily?

Ooh, I do feel cynical this morning!😀 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus I'm planning to see what happens next year in the mayoral election in that May. If Labour is voted again then sadly might sell my car the month or 2 later. 

The trouble with that though, is that it will lose value/be more difficult to sell as soon as Labour gets voted in (if they do) because then everyone will know the expansion will definitely go ahead.  I do see your point though, that if they don't get voted in you might be able to keep it so it is a difficult choice.

As an 'outsider', I really can't see a Conservative Mayor getting voted in next year...but as you live there, do you feel it might happen or just hoping lol? :smile: 

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Unfortunately what politicians say to get elected and what they actually do once they get in, tend to differ somewhat😀. The general trend does seem to be towards establishing ULEZs in other cities/conurbations, with a view to eliminating i/c engined vehicles as early as possible, as @TimST2 suggests earlier. After that, they'll have to find other ways to soak people for tax for their pet projects. Perhaps they might find a way to tax inefficient  bicycles which make the rider breathe out more heavily?

Ooh, I do feel cynical this morning!😀 

Yeah it's kind of like the current labour mayor who used to say he came from a working class family, his dad was a bus driver etc but he isn't helping the working people with this charge. The rich if they have a non compliant car can afford to pay and pollute. 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The trouble with that though, is that it will lose value/be more difficult to sell as soon as Labour gets voted in (if they do) because then everyone will know the expansion will definitely go ahead.  I do see your point though, that if they don't get voted in you might be able to keep it so it is a difficult choice.

As an 'outsider', I really can't see a Conservative Mayor getting voted in next year...but as you live there, do you feel it might happen or just hoping lol? :smile: 

Ain't the Conservatives more supportive of the 'rich'? Not very into my politics 😂. I live just on the outskirts of London so if I have to sell hopefully people from outside will come. My previous car I sold the new owner came from Essex to get it for his daughter as she had an accident in her first car. I'm sure also people will still price there cars accordingly to other people outside the city. I won't sell my car the same year the expansion comes as that's too risky if its definitely coming 

I also dont like going to see a corsa with my dad to get for my sister. Advertised it as having the timing chain done and water pump. Went there and dad can tell the engine is rattly, engine had been cleaned however there was some bits with heavy oil marks on plus I think the pipes going towards the throttle body were relocated which might not sound good. Walked away without even test driving. On a good note this car was only 2 miles away from home and my sister didn't look upset when we told her. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club