Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

19 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Ain't the Conservatives more supportive of the 'rich'? Not very into my politics 😂. I live just on the outskirts of London so if I have to sell hopefully people from outside will come. My previous car I sold the new owner came from Essex to get it for his daughter as she had an accident in her first car. I'm sure also people will still price there cars accordingly to other people outside the city. I won't sell my car the same year the expansion comes as that's too risky if its definitely coming 

I'm pretty sure the majority of London isn't rich though...  Just as an example, look at the amount of people that were living in Grenfell tower, and compare that to the same floorspace of 2/3 storey 'rich' peoples houses... 

A lot of people from Essex commute into London down the A12, that's what makes Essex quite an expensive place to live, even Ipswich is considered part of the commuter belt.  I grew up in a small village about 30 mins drive from Ipswich, yet even from there quite a few peoples Dad's used to drive to Ipswich station and then commute into London on the train.  Must've been worth it financially I guess but always thought it was a waste of time lol!

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a do or don't like, but my ST is at Ford for its 3rd service and first MOT today...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Not sure if this is a do or don't like

You'll be able to decide which when you see the bill!😀

• Haha 1

You'll be able to decide which when you see the bill![emoji3]
It's on the service plan and still under warranty so I'm not expecting one!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

It's on the service plan and still under warranty so I'm not expecting one!

👍

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Not sure if this is a do or don't like, but my ST is at Ford for its 3rd service and first MOT today...

Hopefully it'll pass with no advisory. My car thankfully passed with just one advisory about the driver side tire close to legal limit. Year before it failed as the inspector accidentally blew a hole in the brake hose pipe going to the right rear wheel. This causes the brake pedal to slowly creep down all the way as air must of went in. 

8 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You'll be able to decide which when you see the bill!😀

Definitely should have been on the other thread...

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Hopefully it'll pass with no advisory.

Yep, no advisories, nothing to pay, a sync upgrade, valeted, and...

:toast:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

:toast:

What a coincidence I just cleaned my leather and conditioned and sealed it in today 😂. Also hoovered the carpets and mats

14 hours ago, TimST2 said:

You let them 'valet' it!? 😮  

• Haha 1

I don't like hearing there's yet another extension to Brexit this morning...  :yawn:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like hearing there's yet another extension to Brexit this morning...  :yawn:

No, it makes you wonder how long it takes these people to decide what to order in a restaurant?😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

You let them 'valet' it!? 😮  

:laughing:

Well as it was waxed just a week ago they only had to wash a bit of road dirt off from where I'd driven it in the rain and hoover the drivers footwell. Easy for them and a nice top-up clean for me :thumbup1:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I think May is just trying to keep extending it so the elections come up in 2nd of May so people will vote her out and she won't have to deal with it. 

55 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

:laughing:

Well as it was waxed just a week ago they only had to wash a bit of road dirt off from where I'd driven it in the rain and hoover the drivers footwell. Easy for them and a nice top-up clean for me :thumbup1:

It was waxed...not any longer now they've covered it in TFR and dragged grit all over it with dirty rags and a drying blade. :tongue: 

36 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I think May is just trying to keep extending it so the elections come up in 2nd of May so people will vote her out and she won't have to deal with it. 

It's only local elections on May 2nd, not another general election until 2022!  May seems adamant she's going to stay in now just to spite everyone anyway. :laugh: 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what these 'sticky notes' are that we can send from posts since the latest update?  Worried about accidentally clicking it in case I cover the forum in Post It's... :tongue: 

It was waxed...not any longer now they've covered it in TFR and dragged grit all over it with dirty rags and a drying blade. :tongue: 

I'm hoping that the main dealer doesn't just run it round the corner to the £2.50 hand wash!

51 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Does anyone know what these 'sticky notes' are that we can send from posts since the latest update?  Worried about accidentally clicking it in case I cover the forum in Post It's... :tongue: 

Ive just clicked it and sent a 'Sticky note' to somewhere lol. Let's see what happens.

9 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I'm hoping that the main dealer doesn't just run it round the corner to the £2.50 hand wash!

I take it you haven't seen the valets at the main dealer... :laugh:  They literally go around ruining all the used cars for sale with a single bucket and dirty rag, wiping the previous days dust and grit all over the paint...  Makes me cringe every time I walk around the local Ford garage used area.

At least with the service washes they give it a blast with a jetwash as well, but the method really isn't any better!  

If you look at any detailing forums a lot of members on there very specifically put huge warning signs in their cars when they go for a service, telling the dealers NOT to valet their car after service.

I have worked at a couple of MD's btw, and also applied to be an MD valet a few years ago so have some experience with it...  For general public it won't be an issue but for people that care about the paint and put a lot of effort into it, it's a shame to let the valets touch it.

53 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Noticed that also. Waiting to see if @WES180 gets anything 

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

Noticed that also. Waiting to see if @WES180 gets anything 

I'm bitterly disappointed, nothing so far!!!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😮 

stickywes2.thumb.jpg.8a9dd814557e7c7af33d768cae518771.jpg

🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😮 

stickywes2.thumb.jpg.8a9dd814557e7c7af33d768cae518771.jpg

Lol 😂

• Like 2

If only you could see how much I was laughing to this 😂🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:
I take it you haven't seen the valets at the main dealer... [emoji23]  They literally go around ruining all the used cars for sale with a single bucket and dirty rag, wiping the previous days dust and grit all over the paint...  Makes me cringe every time I walk around the local Ford garage used area.

At least with the service washes they give it a blast with a jetwash as well, but the method really isn't any better!  

If you look at any detailing forums a lot of members on there very specifically put huge warning signs in their cars when they go for a service, telling the dealers NOT to valet their car after service.

I have worked at a couple of MD's btw, and also applied to be an MD valet a few years ago so have some experience with it...  For general public it won't be an issue but for people that care about the paint and put a lot of effort into it, it's a shame to let the valets touch it.

Just parked at a mate's house. Looks okay to me.

faa5919d3ca6d12962b5d01f729ef8e4.jpg&key=17114470cb5bb52354007095a013f0568438dc96f57288d0438f2706997a34b3

I guess I've got a good dealer?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club