Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Check it for swirls up close and in sunlight and there probably will be quite a few.  

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Just parked at a mate's house. Looks okay to me.

faa5919d3ca6d12962b5d01f729ef8e4.jpg&key=17114470cb5bb52354007095a013f0568438dc96f57288d0438f2706997a34b3

I guess I've got a good dealer?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Black cars look great when clean but when it's out in the sun you might see swirl marks or holograms. On my fiesta the sides have heavy scratches and holograms on it even though I put light pressure on when contact cleaning 😠. At least wax kind of fills it. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Check it for swirls up close and in sunlight and there probably will be quite a few.  

I've not had a chance to have a close look (and it's dark now of course), but that same dealer used to wash my previous car too and I never had a problem...

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I've not had a chance to have a close look (and it's dark now of course), but that same dealer used to wash my previous car too and I never had a problem...

Well the good news is you can stop wasting money on all that AutoFinesse stuff then! :biggrin:  Obviously it's your choice, and if you're happy with the dealers valet then stick with it. :smile: 

Well the good news is you can stop wasting money on all that AutoFinesse stuff then! [emoji3]  Obviously it's your choice, and if you're happy with the dealers valet then stick with it. [emoji2] 
Steady on! It's okay as a once per year top up wash after a service but that's all!

• Like 1

I don't like the silver Corsa that just flew out in front of me at a roundabout. Not one feck given as he shot out from the junction at over the 30mph limit without even a glance to the right.

I don't like the Zafira who, less than 1 minute after the Corsa, decided to pull out in front of me on a two lane section of road to avoid stopping at the right turn signals, then immediately after passing the junction, brake and attempt a U-turn back towards the junction he had just skipped.

I DONT LIKE VAUXHALL drivers!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I wish this government does something about bad drivers. Instead they are busy stealth taxing drivers like the ULEZ. 

I'm kind of happy I'm off from lectures now as I don't have to go out as much and come across bad drivers. Am going to my local detailing shop tomorrow as they are doing an event. 

• Like 1

I don't like going through an hour of explosive diarrhoea last night. :sad:   Exactly the same scenario happened about 5 months ago but I can't understand what causes it...wondering if anyone on here knows more about human internals than I do!  It can't be a bug or food poisoning as it literally only lasts an hour, admittedly an horrific hour of earthquake noises followed by 4 main eruptions but still, only an hour.  So presumably a food intolerance?  But I hadn't eaten anything unusual, I more or less stick to exactly the same foods each week anyway so why would it take 5 months to happen again if it's that.  I really don't want to have to go through this again but can't avoid it unless I can find out what's causing it. 😥

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like going through an hour of explosive diarrhoea last night. :sad:   Exactly the same scenario happened about 5 months ago but I can't understand what causes it...wondering if anyone on here knows more about human internals than I do!  It can't be a bug or food poisoning as it literally only lasts an hour, admittedly an horrific hour of earthquake noises followed by 4 main eruptions but still, only an hour.  So presumably a food intolerance?  But I hadn't eaten anything unusual, I more or less stick to exactly the same foods each week anyway so why would it take 5 months to happen again if it's that.  I really don't want to have to go through this again but can't avoid it unless I can find out what's causing it. 😥

There's times where I'd just go and unexpectedly get diarrhoea. Think it's normal to be spontaneous. I find having too much probiotics does it for me but the benefits with probiotics is that it soothes my stomach and harder to induce that 'sick' feeling. 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

How about keeping a food diary? Absolutely boring I know, but after a while you might notice a pattern 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

How about keeping a food diary? Absolutely boring I know, but after a while you might notice a pattern 🤔

Its one of those things I keep meaning to do tbf!  Will wait until after Easter now though. 

But I know exactly what I ate each day last week anyway, what I don't know is how long it would take to go through...  I eat the same things each day except for Wednesday and Saturday...  But even then I eat the same things on alternate weeks.  I didn't eat anything last week that I'd not had before.  And even the stuff that I have different wasn't the same stuff as the last time it happened.  It's all very odd! 😮

I don't like that the roofers' van dripped oil on my driveway :ranting:

Can anyone recommend how to get it off?

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Let the handbrake off and give it a gentle shove! 

I'm sorry, I'll get my coat.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

:tongue_smilie:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

:tongue_smilie:

Lol 😂

13 minutes ago, Turvey said:

lol 🙂

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Have you tried the pressure washer? 

• Like 1

Have you tried the pressure washer? 
I've not tried anything yet. I might spray some citrus degreaser on the spots then give that a try.

Don't pressure wash it!!  I've made that mistake myself in the past, all that does is push the oil further into the porous concrete so you can never get it out... 😮 

If it's still wet put something powdery on it to soak it up, sawdust, washing powder, etc.  If it's soaked in there's not much you can do now, use a solvent to try and break it down, petrol, vinegar etc.  Finally, accept that nothing shifts it and just wait for natural erosion to remove it. :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TimST2 said:

If you can get your hands on a bottle of this;

Image4016_zps0ikb0f1y.thumb.jpg.9b154a663a5856e118cd88839b7c72be.jpg

I bought it from my local DIY store after an oil change on my Toyota Levin BZR didnt go as planned 

IMG_20131227_163653_zpsxgdrjj8n.thumb.jpg.02c07fc919ded8f3b0841dbf14a9ebc0.jpg

There was a hole in my bucket 😲😧

Used paper towel to soak up the mess then the Santrax oil stain remover to take away the stain.

Here it is today like it never happened:

20190414_101624.thumb.jpg.81d967931e2c2b6284ba835a65c68cde.jpg

• Like 3

@Lenny could this be used to remove diesel stains on the driveway? When I was cleaning my car just had a go pressure washing some stain on the Driveway I believe is diesel which used to leak from my dads car. Wasn't able to take it off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny could this be used to remove diesel stains on the driveway? When I was cleaning my car just had a go pressure washing some stain on the Driveway I believe is diesel which used to leak from my dads car. Wasn't able to take it off. 

It should do mate Diesel would come out easier than oil as it's more refined, 

I don't like hearing that Ford wont be producing any more Mondeo's starting next year.

I'd really like a 2017 model, a local owner has one here looks like theres a body kit on it, 

Sadly though I'm tied up with home improvements and eldest starting secondary school this year to even consider changing the car.

I don't like Facebook going down again, was only a few weeks since the last time... 😮  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like Facebook going down again, was only a few weeks since the last time... 😮  

Im not even on Facebook but Que the wife jokes going viral 

Facebook had gone down this month more times than my wife ☺

• Haha 1