Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

If you can get your hands on a bottle of this;

Image4016_zps0ikb0f1y.thumb.jpg.9b154a663a5856e118cd88839b7c72be.jpg

I bought it from my local DIY store after an oil change on my Toyota Levin BZR didnt go as planned 

IMG_20131227_163653_zpsxgdrjj8n.thumb.jpg.02c07fc919ded8f3b0841dbf14a9ebc0.jpg

There was a hole in my bucket 😲😧

Used paper towel to soak up the mess then the Santrax oil stain remover to take away the stain.

Here it is today like it never happened:

20190414_101624.thumb.jpg.81d967931e2c2b6284ba835a65c68cde.jpg

looks good stuff 

• Like 1

Some of the nurses who come to my dad once a week,most are ok but some are terrible,very blunt and just don't care on what they do stuff,its a dam 90 year old person for god sake.

Person care has gone now just a job,been a 24/7 carer for close to 14 years and seen a massive change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Some of the nurses who come to my dad once a week,most are ok but some are terrible,very blunt and just don't care on what they do stuff,its a dam 90 year old person for god sake.

Person care has gone now just a job,been a 24/7 carer for close to 14 years and seen a massive change.

That's something I see when I go hospital. Most of the nurses I see most of the time are okay but some don't pay to much interest. It's mainly the elderly patients or those who aren't all there mentally. Don't want to be rude but I'm kind of the same. Although I'm a volunteer and don't get paid I try to stay clear with the patients who don't look mentally well as id worry about them calling me and possibly just say jibberish. Some patients are really nice like I was talking to a elderly lady who've I've seen now for around a week and we ended talking about brexit 😂

I once had a old guy asking me twice have I got his lunch and I said did a nurse get your order? He then got angry threatening me he's going to punch me in the face. Did feel upset about it and just steered clear from him. Hes also diabetic so ain't helping himself raising his temper. 

I don't like seeing an iconic and historic building being destroyed by fire (Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris). 
France was a second home to me growing up. 
My thoughts are with the people of Paris and the French at this time. 
So gutted.
Although I never visited Paris (except to go to Disneyland), it is such a lovely city with many iconic and historical buildings. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like seeing an iconic and historic building being destroyed by fire (Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris). 
France was a second home to me growing up. 
My thoughts are with the people of Paris and the French at this time. 
So gutted.
Although I never visited Paris (except to go to Disneyland), it is such a lovely city with many iconic and historical buildings. 

looks a big fire shame

3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

looks a big fire shame

Most of the church is gone. The centre spire has gone, as has the roof and the interior is well ablaze. It's very hard to contain a fire of this magnitude because of the large open space. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Y said:

Most of the church is gone. The centre spire has gone, as has the roof and the interior is well ablaze. It's very hard to contain a fire of this magnitude because of the large open space. 

that's going to cost a lot to restore if they do restore it 🙁

Just now, dezwez said:

that's going to cost a lot to restore if they do restore it 🙁

It depends if it can be saved. If the walls start to collapse due to the heat then the cathedral will be lost forever. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nick Y said:

It depends if it can be saved. If the walls start to collapse due to the heat then the cathedral will be lost forever. 

that's going to be a shame as a lot of people visit every year 

Yes i see that but i have to say the time my dad has been into hospital i cant really fault them and believe me we don't have the best hospital in our area as i know from the past and also a hell of a lot of other people but treated dad ok being very old,not been rated that high.

Everybody deserves respect from young to old,if you go into a situation say a elderly person with problems then you should be ready for the unexpected and prepare for this but Zane i know 100% when you say it upsets you as i have this on a day to day basis with problems,we are all human and nurses take on this role and should be 100%aware of this and problems but 99% are but a few slip through the net and make the rest look bad,i never judge one to another.

14 years doing this and it opens your eyes on a lot of places where this could be improved.

• Like 1

I don't like that it's our last night in Cyprus. ☹️

Think we might come back sometime....... without the kids!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like that it's our last night in Cyprus. ☹️

Think we might come back sometime....... without the kids!

You went at the right time of year. Last year I went to Turkey before the end of school and there wasn't so much young kids. Had some parents with little kids who aren't at the age to go school. 

The year before that I had some spoiled child in front of me on the plane standing on his chair and sticking his leg out to my face. I also had a toddler kicking my chair behind. Really was on the verge of getting mad. I also don't understand how lazy and irresponsible some parents are. The boy in front had some trading cards which some fell under his seat. I was so mad with him I didn't pick it up and give it to him and he didn't seem like he acknowledged he didn't have them. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

You went at the right time of year. Last year I went to Turkey before the end of school and there wasn't so much young kids. Had some parents with little kids who aren't at the age to go school. 

The year before that I had some spoiled child in front of me on the plane standing on his chair and sticking his leg out to my face. I also had a toddler kicking my chair behind. Really was on the verge of getting mad. I also don't understand how lazy and irresponsible some parents are. The boy in front had some trading cards which some fell under his seat. I was so mad with him I didn't pick it up and give it to him and he didn't seem like he acknowledged he didn't have them. 

I don't like that it's the best day of the week and we're packing up 🙄

I know what you mean about kids and their behaviour, I would hope that our kids behave in a decent respectable manner and to be fair they do behave themselves 😎

IMG_20190417_120914751.jpg

• Like 2

I don't like trying to work out copyright laws... :unsure:  Basically, I'm struggling to find an appropriate card for a relatives milestone birthday...  Seems odd as the pictures(s) I want on it must be quite popular.  Anyway, is it illegal to use images found online on a personalised (Moonpig type) card?  Obviously I wouldn't be taking any with watermarks etc, but can't work out whether all online images would technically be illegal as they don't belong to me?  The location is around 5000 miles away so I can't just pop over and take a photo myself lol.

@TomsFocus

I'm no copyright lawyer 😀 but I would have thought that if it's online, accessible without having to pay for it and there's no sign of a notice claiming copyright, I would say it's ok to use it. But if you were going to profit from selling those images etc as your own, then I would say that would be a big no-no.........but as I said, I'm no lawyer so I could be talking rubbish 😁

Personally, I would use them without guilt 😇

• Like 1

I don't like the massive amount of bird crap that was down the side of the car before I left work. Spent a good 10 minute's washing it off with warm water in the empty (well almost) window cleaning spray bottle I had in the boot. The car definitely needs a clear but I wasn't going to leave the bird poo on there until the weekend.

A double don't like now.

I don't like seeing the Domino's Pizza delivery driver watching films on his phone (in a phone cradle fixed in the middle of the windscreen). Stuck is slow moving traffic heading back into town I could quite easily see through into his car and see a film or show playing.

I don't like that after reviewing my dashcam footage, it hasn't captured the film playing the driver's mobile phone. You can see that the phone is in the cradle but nothing other than a black/dark screen 🤬.

I don't like trying to work out copyright laws... :unsure:  Basically, I'm struggling to find an appropriate card for a relatives milestone birthday...  Seems odd as the pictures(s) I want on it must be quite popular.  Anyway, is it illegal to use images found online on a personalised (Moonpig type) card?  Obviously I wouldn't be taking any with watermarks etc, but can't work out whether all online images would technically be illegal as they don't belong to me?  The location is around 5000 miles away so I can't just pop over and take a photo myself lol.
If the image is not copywrited and free source on the internet then there is no legal block to using it as long as you don't intend to either pass the image off as your own or intend to make financial gain from it.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

A double don't like now.
I don't like seeing the Domino's Pizza delivery driver watching films on his phone (in a phone cradle fixed in the middle of the windscreen). Stuck is slow moving traffic heading back into town I could quite easily see through into his car and see a film or show playing.
I don't like that after reviewing my dashcam footage, it hasn't captured the film playing the driver's mobile phone. You can see that the phone is in the cradle but nothing other than a black/dark screen [emoji2959].
You should have called it in.
Blatant driving without due care / using mobile device whilst in charge of a vehicle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zico said:

A double don't like now.

I don't like that after reviewing my dashcam footage, it hasn't captured the film playing the driver's mobile phone. You can see that the phone is in the cradle but nothing other than a black/dark screen 🤬.

Funnily enough I had the same thing yesterday...got to the bottom of a slip road between two 70mph dual carriageways.  We're in the left hand lane which is strictly left only and now a merge onto the next road (it used to be a give way so I can forgive people slowing there if they're not familiar).  But this girl came to a complete stop there while messing with her phone on a dash cradle! 😮  Caused a huge domino effect right up the slip road and presumably back onto the other dual carriageway...  She then crept forward a couple of feet twice while still messing with the phone and missing big gaps in the traffic coming from the right...  Even if she was lost and trying to look at maps she only had one possible course of action there which was to carry on left so I couldn't understand it at all.  I had to beep her to get her to move in the end! :unsure: 😒

Also watched someone blatantly holding a phone to their right ear (so on full display) during the same drive...  It had been a few months since I'd seen anyone on a phone and then two in one drive was quite surprising tbh.  

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

If the image is not copywrited and free source on the internet then there is no legal block to using it as long as you don't intend to either pass the image off as your own or intend to make financial gain from it.

The financial gain part is where I'm getting confused.  Surely Moonpig or the like will be making financial gain if they're printing it for me?

I don't like having to wash my car. I enjoy the washing and rinsing, but its the drying that kills me. I'm back down in Hampshire from uni for the summer, and we live in a very hard water area. No matter what I do to dry it, I end up with annoying streaks and spots from the minerals. Going to get a bottle of quick detailer tomorrow to get rid of them. Oh and I always seem to find new scratches as well!

Don't like our can opener failing to open a Fray Bentos steak pie just now😡. Had to take it out to the garage and get the tools on it. Can anyone recommend a REALLY good manual can opener?

5 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I don't like having to wash my car. I enjoy the washing and rinsing, but its the drying that kills me. I'm back down in Hampshire from uni for the summer, and we live in a very hard water area. No matter what I do to dry it, I end up with annoying streaks and spots from the minerals. Going to get a bottle of quick detailer tomorrow to get rid of them. Oh and I always seem to find new scratches as well!

Get yourself Koch chemie fse. That removes the water spots and adds gloss. Sadly no matter how careful you are ford use such soft paint that it's easy to scratch. 

The wing is treated with fse and the door isn't. 

DSC_0098.JPG

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't like our can opener failing to open a Fray Bentos steak pie just now😡. Had to take it out to the garage and get the tools on it. Can anyone recommend a REALLY good manual can opener?

Ah no; not the Fray Bentos 😰

Most things are Ring Pull these days 

Your not alone though; https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/959281/fray-bentos-change-pie-tins-millennials-fail-to-open-baxters-food-group/amp

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Ah no; not the Fray Bentos 😰

Most things are Ring Pull these days 

😂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club