Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

On 4/17/2019 at 10:22 PM, Stoney871 said:

You should have called it in.
Blatant driving without due care / using mobile device whilst in charge of a vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I did consider calling it through but didn't think that 999 was quite appropriate for this occasion.

101 would have probably been a better option but unfortunately the last time I called 101 it took over 15 minutes to get through. From where we were, the Domino's driver would have driven past the police station (or crawled past in rush hour traffic) to get back round to the store a few minutes up the road.

This is the view the dashcam captured though.

Dominos.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

Get yourself Koch chemie fse. That removes the water spots and adds gloss. Sadly no matter how careful you are ford use such soft paint that it's easy to scratch. 

The wing is treated with fse and the door isn't. 

DSC_0098.JPG

Ooh I like that, will pick some up. Sadly you're right about the Ford paint, mine has got so many little scratches from careless people on it and now a birds done its business down the side too!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't like our can opener failing to open a Fray Bentos steak pie just now😡. Had to take it out to the garage and get the tools on it. Can anyone recommend a REALLY good manual can opener?

I've got a Culnicare Magican tin opener that seems to be fairly robust.

As a millennial though, I only tend to buy cans with ring pulls so it doesn't get much use tbf... :laugh: 

12 hours ago, Lenny said:

Ah no; not the Fray Bentos 😰

Most things are Ring Pull these days 

Your not alone though; https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/959281/fray-bentos-change-pie-tins-millennials-fail-to-open-baxters-food-group/amp

What's special about the Fray Bentos tin?  I've never had one...  Everything seems to be hard to open these days though...  I don't even understand how they can heat seal plastic lids with so much force that the only way it opens is by showering the contents across the kitchen... :unsure:  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What's special about the Fray Bentos tin?  I've never had one... 

They are, shall we say, quite robust. I was doing a search for can opener recommendations on the web this morning and in one or two product reviews, the FAQ's actually included "will It open a Fray Bentos pie?"😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I've got a Culnicare Magican tin opener that seems to be fairly robust.

As a millennial though, I only tend to buy cans with ring pulls so it doesn't get much use tbf... :laugh: 

What's special about the Fray Bentos tin?  I've never had one...  Everything seems to be hard to open these days though...  I don't even understand how they can heat seal plastic lids with so much force that the only way it opens is by showering the contents across the kitchen... :unsure:  

there like Armor plated 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

They are, shall we say, quite robust. I was doing a search for can opener recommendations on the web this morning and in one or two product reviews, the FAQ's actually included "will It open a Fray Bentos pie?"😀

Maybe just buy something else...frozen pies in a box!! :biggrin: 

If you  like to live dangerously you could use one of these...my Nan's elderly neighbour was still using one in her 90's... 😮 

Stock image of 'Old can opener with wooden handle'

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Maybe just buy something else...frozen pies in a box!! :biggrin: 

Ah, but then you'd miss the challenge!😀

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you  like to live dangerously you could use one of these...my Nan's elderly neighbour was still using one in her 90's... 😮 

Stock image of 'Old can opener with wooden handle'

That looks a lot sturdier than the modern ones! 

• Like 1

I don't like having to have the AC on today, as although its lovely to have it saps so much power out of the engine. Felt like I was back in my 66bhp 1.2 Punto pulling out onto dual carriageways and roundabouts today.

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

I don't like having to have the AC on today, as although its lovely to have it saps so much power out of the engine. Felt like I was back in my 66bhp 1.2 Punto pulling out onto dual carriageways and roundabouts today.

I think mine needs a regas 😢

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I think mine needs a regas 😢

Mine did apparently when I bought it, ended up needing a new compressor 😪.

A regas is cheap. A compresser, not so much. Ford thankfully replaced my compressor under warranty. If I'm honest though I can still hear the new one whirring so maybe Ford just use noisy compressors...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I got a £40 one from a scrappy which has served me well so far, thought I'd try that first as a new one was £500!

@Nick Y I need your help. Trying to send my document to my teacher however she gets an error saying this. Do you know how to fix it? 

_20190419_163542.JPG

12 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Nick Y I need your help. Trying to send my document to my teacher however she gets an error saying this. Do you know how to fix it? 

_20190419_163542.JPG

Are you using a newer version of MS Office / is your teacher using a non-MS Office product? Without seeing the details, I would hazard a guess that it's a compatibility issue with opening the document on your teacher's side as they are using a older version. Could try saving your document as an older Office (.doc) file type and try re-sending.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, jace1969 said:

On 4/15/2019 at 7:43 PM, zain611 said:

Sorry guys, can't delete text boxes on mobile. 😒

I didn't realise compressors were such a common failure tbh.  It's usually condensers that get holed by stones coming in through the grill.  The condenser on my Golf is in a right state (it has done over 100k and been involved in a front end impact lol) but amazingly still holds gas and works currently...

I wish I had AC in the flat today though...25c in the living room atm, urgh!! :sad: 😩

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Are you using a newer version of MS Office / is your teacher using a non-MS Office product? Without seeing the details, I would hazard a guess that it's a compatibility issue with opening the document on your teacher's side as they are using a older version. Could try saving your document as an older Office (.doc) file type and try re-sending.

Thankfully sorted it by putting different sections into separate files. Looks like my results section of my work was causing it so most likely the graphs and or tables I transferred from excel must of done it. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Sorry guys, can't delete text boxes on mobile. 😒

Pain in the 'Aris' isn't it? 🙄

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Now now keep it car related; its Auris 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Turvey said:

Definitely...although as I don't pay for the forum I'm not really in a position to complain. :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Confused... What phones are you guys using?

On Chrome on Android, if I click the outer bit of the quote box then hit delete it goes.

Personally I tend to use Tapatalk on mobile, in which case you have to edit the quote to get it to turn to text, then it can be deleted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Confused... What phones are you guys using?

On Chrome on Android, if I click the outer bit of the quote box then hit delete is goes.

Personally I tend to use Tapatalk on mobile, in which case you have to edit the quote to get it to turn to text, then it can be deleted.

I'm also using Chrome on Android...  We've covered this before though, others on here also use Chrome on Android and can delete textboxes so we're obviously missing something.  I originally wondered if it's the phone hardware that's the issue, but it's still the same on my new phone as well... :unsure: 

I don't have any issues using MS EDGE on the laptop, can just backspace a textbox out on there easily.  However the 'saved' text seems to stay with the device rather than the username, so it's not even like I can use the laptop to delete a textbox that I've accidentally quoted on the phone.  I also can't 'clear editor' on the phone, as it just refreshes the page with the saved textbox still in there...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club