Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Just trying to work out how much it would be to maintain that sort of car excluding petrol 😂

If I'm fortunate to afford one in several years I'd say I'm already going to spend around £2100 for just insurance and road tax alone. 

You must be expecting a very good job after uni! And will the Mayor let you drive it anywhere by then?😀

• Haha 2

On 5/1/2019 at 6:27 PM, TimST2 said:
I don't like taxing the Lotus for £250, taking it out of Winter hibernation to get new silicone fuel filler hoses fitted, and discovering that the brakes don't work. After a trip on an AA flatbed and diagnosis at the garage I'm looking at a £700 bill for a new master cylinder and rear brake caliper :ranting:

And on that subject I just got the Lotus back in time for next week's track day... The bill was £800 :blink:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, iantt said:

Don't like getting stuck in the back of my car. Forgot child locks were on and sat in the back to see how much room there is for adults . Oh!!!! Neither back doors would open. At the age of 55 I'm not the contortionist I used to be. Ended up imbetween the front seats head first on my back trying to wiggle my way though the manouvere my legs though. Not easy when your 6ft 3in. Lol 

Couldn't you put the window down and pull the outside handle?  Or are windows disabled with child locks as well?

I had a similar thing on an Avensis, all the windows stopped working bar the drivers...turned out there was a switch on the drivers door arm rest, exactly where you're elbow goes, to disable them! :laugh: 

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Just trying to work out how much it would be to maintain that sort of car excluding petrol 😂. I'd say when servicing comes I'd probably won't get OEM but something with similar quality like MANN etc. 

If I'm fortunate to afford one in several years I'd say I'm already going to spend around £2100 for just insurance and road tax alone. 

It's paying the recovery & impound fees that get expensive with the RS6...one of the most commonly stolen cars in the UK!  So many are cat D/N stolen recovered! :laugh:  Filters shouldn't cost too much, but go easy on the brakes!! 😮 

RS6/RS7  
 Interim service - fixed £350.00 
 Major service - fixed £775.00 
 Front Wiper Blades £42.00 
 Brake fluid change £85.00 
 Brake pads rear* £245.00 
 Brake pads front* £525.00 
 Brake pads & discs rear* £975.00 
 Brake pads & discs front* £1,349.00 
 Investigating an issue with my car £60.00 
4 hours ago, TimST2 said:

And on that subject I just got the Lotus back in time for next week's track day... The bill was £800 :blink:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is there something special about the rear calipers on the Lotus?  :unsure: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You must be expecting a very good job after uni! And will the Mayor let you drive it anywhere by then?😀

I honestly have no idea 😂. Don't know about how much tax will take off from wages plus I'll have to include the student finance. I was looking at the ULEZ checker and this car is except. Yep a 4 litre twin turbo with the highest tax band is exempt from paying the ULEZ charge. I'm just thinking if I earn say £20k after tax in the beginning and restrict myself to spending £50 a month. It would take me just over 2 years to get it. I have to first get a property as I think that's the sensible thing to do but just hope I'm not married before then other wise forget saving up for a £40k car and put it in for the wife 😂. My cousin I heard got a Mercedes CLA 45 AMG. Was looking at them and they are going for around £32k for a 2-3 year old one. He is the same like me wanting to get a nice car before he gets married however he's around 24-26 and working. 

@TomsFocus is that from audi themselves and them to fit it? Yeah the brakes are a lot of money 💸. There's me who likes to test the ST brakes I fitted on the fiesta when coming back home on my road 🤣. I'm thinking I'd just let my dad do the servicing as I can trust him plus saves labour.

@iantt that's hopefully good. Man I feel like a sheep who doesn't know the reality of full time work 😭

7 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus is that from audi themselves and them to fit it? Yeah the brakes are a lot of money 💸. There's me who likes to test the ST brakes I fitted on the fiesta when coming back home on my road 🤣. I'm thinking I'd just let my dad do the servicing as I can trust him plus saves labour.

It's from an Audi franchise yeah, but given how small the labour time is for brakes, most of that cost will be the parts! :unsure: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zain611 said:

. Yep a 4 litre twin turbo with the highest tax band is exempt from paying the ULEZ charge. 😂

Ah, I thought you were talking about  the older 4.2 or the V10, not the newer one. You must be hoping for a very very very good job!😀 

• Like 1

People who don't read the description of items you are selling!!

Currently selling a laser engraver/cutter on Facebook - quite clearly states in the description that it does not cut metal, and that to engrave metal, there needs to be some sort of coating applied first.

Of the half dozen people who've enquired - every...single...one of them has asked if it cuts/engraves metal!

I suspect it's more "I don't want to spend £300-odd on this...but I don't want to outright tell you, so I'll ask a stupid question instead!"  
I wouldn't mind if the question hadn't already been answered in the ad.  I'd much prefer someone says "Thanks bud, but it's not for me!" Or even no message at all...

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ah, I thought you were talking about  the older 4.2 or the V10, not the newer one. You must be hoping for a very very very good job!😀 

I'm gonna live like a poor man 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SeanW said:

People who don't read the description of items you are selling!!

Currently selling a laser engraver/cutter on Facebook - quite clearly states in the description that it does not cut metal, and that to engrave metal, there needs to be some sort of coating applied first.

Of the half dozen people who've enquired - every...single...one of them has asked if it cuts/engraves metal!

I suspect it's more "I don't want to spend £300-odd on this...but I don't want to outright tell you, so I'll ask a stupid question instead!"  
I wouldn't mind if the question hadn't already been answered in the ad.  I'd much prefer someone says "Thanks bud, but it's not for me!" Or even no message at all...

I used to get this a lot with eBay, but it's mostly eBay mobiles fault.  They don't put the description on the main page, you have to click through to it...and we all know how lazy people are!   I can't explain it on Facebook though...I find people are usually more than happy to make silly offers so I don't think it's a shame thing! :laugh: 

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I used to get this a lot with ebay, but it's mostly ebay mobiles fault.  They don't put the description on the main page, you have to click through to it...and we all know how lazy people are!   I can't explain it on Facebook though...I find people are usually more than happy to make silly offers so I don't think it's a shame thing! :laugh: 

I'm surprised I haven't had any silly offers on this yet...it's up at £270 - last time I sold something close to that price, I was offered £20.  Yep...Twenty pounds.

• Haha 1

I don't like coming to the end of 2 weeks off work and only NOW does the weather forecast improve...  For next week!!! :angry:

• Like 1

I don't like hurting my shoulder from cleaning my new car, Mondeo is to big to clean properly in one go, don't think the car has ever seen polish in 3 years. 

Wash, claybar , polish, wax, cleaned all the interior. Still not finished. Giving my shoulder a rest now. 

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

I don't like hurting my shoulder from cleaning my new car, Mondeo is to big to clean properly in one go, don't think the car has ever seen polish in 3 years. 

Wash, claybar , polish, wax, cleaned all the interior. Still not finished. Giving my shoulder a rest now. 

If you think that's bad then try doing a VW Transporter camper with high top!!  Now that was a challenge and just about killed me. 

The Passat needs a good clean and T-cut but I'll leave that another week or two to let my body recover!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

Delays in picking the car up, stuck trying to get out of the back seats, now injured while cleaning it... think it's the last were going to hear of @iantt as the car is going to finish him off :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like coming to the end of 2 weeks off work and only NOW does the weather forecast improve...  For next week!!! :angry:

Had last week off and got next week to come. Having to manage 13 dogs with on and off rain isn't great at the best of times. Just put my bedding in for the second time this week to wash as the ***** eldest Cocker Spaniel decided to come in and head straight for it and covered it with her muddy paws :crazy:

26 minutes ago, Zico said:

Delays in picking the car up, stuck trying to get out of the back seats, now injured while cleaning it... think it's the last were going to hear of @iantt as the car is going to finish him off :laughing:

You could be right!!! I've had so many people in there cars pull out on me the last few days. 

• Like 1

Finished off the cleaning , got out at 6.30am to finish bits off. 

2019-05-12 09.25.55.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, iantt said:

2019-05-12 09.25.55.jpg

That's looking good I must say!  Hopefully it'll stay that way for a while.  Fat chance of that where I live as you spend hours cleaning and polishing the car only to get it covered in mud 5 miles down the road...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

2019-05-12 09.25.55.jpg

Bring her to me and she'll have a good machine polishing and sealed and wax. 

• Like 2

I don't like that the weather is perfect for cutting the grass but I can't as the part for my petrol mower that I ordered a week ago hasn't arrived yet!!  Great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Bring her to me and she'll have a good machine polishing and sealed and wax. 

Looks very smart :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

Looks very smart :thumbsup:

That's @iantt car not mine 🤣

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 8:38 AM, TomsFocus said:

Is there something special about the rear calipers on the Lotus?  :unsure: 

Sorry, only just seen this.

No, they're Brembos - (£375 each and a LOT cheaper than the AP racing 2-pot front calipers). The rest of the £800 was a new master cylinder (£75) and labour to fit all that and some silicone fuel filler hoses that I supplied (the original reason it was going into the garage in the first place).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Sorry, only just seen this.

No, they're Brembos - (£375 each and a LOT cheaper than the AP racing 2-pot front calipers). The rest of the £800 was a new master cylinder (£75) and labour to fit all that and some silicone fuel filler hoses that I supplied (the original reason it was going into the garage in the first place).

Crikey...  😮

Fun cars cost so much! :sad: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Crikey...  😮

Fun cars cost so much! :sad: 

Well, more expensive than a Ford, but at least it's appreciating rather than depreciating. I have wondered if the expense is worth it given how much I use it now, but it's a case of not wanting to do track days in a lesser car, and not being able to think of a less expensive alternative.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club