Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Well, more expensive than a Ford, but at least it's appreciating rather than depreciating. I have wondered if the expense is worth it given how much I use it now, but it's a case of not wanting to do track days in a lesser car, and not being able to think of a less expensive alternative.

If you can afford it, and enjoy it, then might as well carry on tbh! :smile: 

One of my mates has a variety of 'fun' cars, boats etc...but works for so much of the time that he rarely gets time to use them!  He also constantly has huge bills for these things though...and I grudge spending £50 on the daily... :laugh: How the other half live eh... :biggrin: 

• Like 1

I don't like having to get up twice for a dump last night...as well as twice for a wee...honestly, I give up trying to understand bodies!  :unsure:  Doing today on 2 hours sleep will be interesting anyway! :laugh: 

I don't like having to get up twice for a dump last night...as well as twice for a wee...honestly, I give up trying to understand bodies!  :unsure:  Doing today on 2 hours sleep will be interesting anyway! [emoji23] 
Err, thanks for sharing?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

If you can afford it, and enjoy it, then might as well carry on tbh! [emoji2] 
One of my mates has a variety of 'fun' cars, boats etc...but works for so much of the time that he rarely gets time to use them!  He also constantly has huge bills for these things though...and I grudge spending £50 on the daily... [emoji23] How the other half live eh... [emoji3] 
I don't think I'm quite on par with your mate. I've always had expensive hobbies though - I gave up flying when we had our second child and decided to do track days instead as it's more convenient and less time consuming. That's when I got back into Fords and the Lotus bcame a track toy rather than a daily. Water I'm not so keen on, so I don't think I'll ever do the boat thing...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Err, thanks for sharing?

You're welcome. :wink: 

I was hoping someone might have an idea as to why it happens! :laugh:  Seem to have a rough night like this roughly every 10 days or so (not usually as bad though).  I've been doing a food diary and it hasn't showed any patterns with food at all.  It's almost like my body loses track of time...I don't think anyone else has to get up for a dump at 3am!  I also don't understand why it wants to get rid of so much fluid over night...I've woken up feeling like I haven't drunk anything for a week, could really have done with holding on to some of it...  Why is it so difficult for a body to regulate these things! :unsure:  I did mention it to the Doctor but he wasn't concerned, just said it's normal with IBS and I've got to put up with it basically...  Easy for him to say though, he doesn't have to live with it lol. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You're welcome. :wink: 

I was hoping someone might have an idea as to why it happens! :laugh:  Seem to have a rough night like this roughly every 10 days or so (not usually as bad though).  I've been doing a food diary and it hasn't showed any patterns with food at all.  It's almost like my body loses track of time...I don't think anyone else has to get up for a dump at 3am!  I also don't understand why it wants to get rid of so much fluid over night...I've woken up feeling like I haven't drunk anything for a week, could really have done with holding on to some of it...  Why is it so difficult for a body to regulate these things! :unsure:  I did mention it to the Doctor but he wasn't concerned, just said it's normal with IBS and I've got to put up with it basically...  Easy for him to say though, he doesn't have to live with it lol. :rolleyes: 

Having to get up and pee multiple times during the night is just a sign of getting old and an enlarged prostate. I'm not there yet but things are creeping up fast.

With having Crohn's, I'm only able to say that needing to go more during the night is only a thing for me if I'm either having a flare (mild or otherwise) or if I've eating lots of dairy/high fibre foods (salads) that seem to upset me a little. Try keeping a food diary to see what you eat and what it may have as affect on you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I don't think I'm quite on par with your mate. I've always had expensive hobbies though - I gave up flying when we had our second child and decided to do track days instead as it's more convenient and less time consuming. That's when I got back into Fords and the Lotus bcame a track toy rather than a daily. Water I'm not so keen on, so I don't think I'll ever do the boat thing...

Still to book my track day and rally day that I purchased last year. Must remember before I forget.

Used to do scuba diving when I was younger. Started at ~14 in Cyprus while on holiday and would go diving every summer while on holiday. Didn't dive when back in the UK and eventually ended up stopping after I didn't visit Cyprus for a long time after. Should really look about taking it up again as I have very little hobby/exercise activity other than walking our dogs.

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Having to get up and pee multiple times during the night is just a sign of getting old and an enlarged prostate. I'm not there yet but things are creeping up fast.

With having Crohn's, I'm only able to say that needing to go more during the night is only a thing for me if I'm either having a flare (mild or otherwise) or if I've eating lots of dairy/high fibre foods (salads) that seem to upset me a little. Try keeping a food diary to see what you eat and what it may have as affect on you.

I shouldn't be at enlarged prostate age yet tbh, I'm not even 30 lol.

I have kept a food diary and there doesn't seem to be any correlation with food that I can see, I eat the same things each day but these effects occur on different days each week.  I've started cutting out different things (fatty and sugary things mostly) but so far nothings made any difference.  

I picked up some reduced Jersey Royals in Tesco today so I'll try those instead of chips tonight...

Also, I've 'been' a further 6 times today...  I really don't eat much, there's definitely more coming out than I put in! :laugh:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've started cutting out different things (fatty and sugary things mostly) but so far nothings made any difference.  

I picked up some reduced Jersey Royals in Tesco today so I'll try those instead of chips tonight...

Cutting out fatty stuff? Chips? 🤔 😄

On a sidenote.... Jersey Royals 😎 could eat them until I burst, with lashings of butter 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Cutting out fatty stuff? Chips? 🤔 😄

On a sidenote.... Jersey Royals 😎 could eat them until I burst, with lashings of butter 😉

I meant individual fatty things, not everything fatty at once lol.  I generally buy low fat versions where I can though, recently I've been having McCain 'lighter' chips for example...  Also have Lurpak lighter butter, and Cathedral City lighter cheese...   All of which is on offer of course, I don't pay full price for brands! :laugh:

I do like Jersey Royals, just a shame the season is so short...there were several crates of them in Tesco at half price with today's date on!  Also got some reduced blueberries too...again several crates of those...I guess someone made an ordering error!

On the subject of fatty things though, I'd actually gone to Tesco for a couple of Ristorante pizzas...they're currently just £1.20 each...and are one of very few pizzas I can eat due to no onions or garlic!  However they didn't have any Hawaiians so I ended up with potatoes and berries instead...oh and more loo roll after last night! :lol:

• Haha 2

Don't like changing these! Cut my hands , wrists getting the switch/sensor. 2nd one in a week .

15578251604091395896757.jpg

@iantt are you being attacked by vehicles at work now as well? Best get the other half to bump up your life insurance soon :laughing:.

P.S. your avatar details still have your Focus listed.

Sounds like a job to delegate to the apprentice... :wink: 

• Like 1

I don't like my Samsung Galaxy that refuses to autocorrect "thr" to "the", but autocorrects lots of other words I don't want it to!!

I don't like getting a recorded call saying 'this is BT your phone line has been hacked'  i answered it being our local code and rang it back and a discontinued number.

....The thing is we aint been with BT for over 15 years were with virgin........Fools.

Talks of ending the Jeremy Kyle show 😲🙆‍♂️🤯

20 hours ago, Zico said:

@iantt are you being attacked by vehicles at work now as well? Best get the other half to bump up your life insurance soon :laughing:.

P.S. your avatar details still have your Focus listed.

Yeah, it's those pesky MK4 focus owners ! How dare they buy a new car and expect me to fix it before they have it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like a job to delegate to the apprentice... :wink: 

Unfortunately we haven't got an apprentice at the moment. Think I frightened off the last one. He lasted 4 weeks . 

• Haha 2

Unfortunately we haven't got an apprentice at the moment. Think I frightened off the last one. He lasted 4 weeks . 
If you look like your profile pic I'm not surprised!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TimST2 said:
If you look like your profile pic I'm not surprised!

Actually on that subject, when @Zain611 was talking about imagining what we all looked like I was thinking that it's only you I have a mental image of :laughing:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Actually on that subject, when @Zain611 was talking about imagining what we all looked like I was thinking that it's only you I have a mental image of :laughing:

If that was the case @iantt used to look like this 😂. I remember this profile pic

_20190516_151308.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, zain611 said:
If that was the case [mention=59356]iantt[/mention] used to look like this [emoji23]. I remember this profile pic

_20190516_151308.thumb.JPG.51804890c9502a0fa6830f63f1639a8d.JPG

Ian's actually stood under a car in that photo telling the owner the exhaust is knackered :laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

@TimST2 ah god if you could see me stopping myself from laughing when I saw this 😂 

• Like 3

Can someone tell me how I can put two images together? Just saw this album cover from juicy j. One of my uni teachers the way he behaves makes me and my friends think he's drunk. Would be fun to put his face on it for fun to show to friends. One time my friend was messing around with the blind and he said to him 'are you blind that you are studying the blind' 😂🤣. Another time he said 'to all my dissertation we can all get together, sedate each other and all have a good time'. You can see why we say this about him 😂

_20190515_085942.JPG

@zain611 open up the picture of your teacher in one app and snip around his face and copy and paste this onto the other image of the album cover. MS Paint should allow you to do this basically.

I did a lot of snips of my bosses face ages ago for his 30th birthday wrapping paper and put his face onto cartoons/tv programs from the early 80's. I used GIMP for this at the time (free image editor software - https://www.gimp.org/ ) but barely remember which of the settings I used for some of the more clever stuff that I did :laughing:.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club