Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

@Zico I will have a go on that 馃憤.

Also autobeam have a 25% discount at the moment for everything.聽

Got the same email but even with the supposed 25% off, there are no savings as they hike up the cost with postage and taxes afterwards.

This is for the dipped beam H7 LEDs (with caps):

Total 拢58.82
Subtotal 拢59.90
Discount SHOW25 - 拢14.97 拢14.97 off total order price
Shipping 拢4.90
Taxes 拢8.99
  • Like 1

Absolutely fuming with Currys.
Ordered a new camera聽last Saturday in store to be delivered to store in a few days for collection.
On Sunday I went back to the store and changed the order as the camera聽I originally wanted was showing as available. Once again the item聽was to be delivered to store.

We are now on Friday and I hadn't heard anything from Currys. So I went down to find out what was going on and someone in an office somewhere had acknowledged the change in product and saidit would be dispatched this week on their deliveries (Wednesday).
Turns out that said person in office cancelled the dispatch so no camera聽was sent to store (the store has no paperwork on this product).
They have my money but I have no camera聽and now have to wait until Wednesday at the earliest before I can collect it.

If I go on the website and order it, I can have it delivered to store tomorrow. Staff in store can't use that system and have to order it for when they get their regular deliveries (Wednesdays and Saturdays).
How messed up is their store ordering system?

Store manager not helpful at all. No offer of any good will gesture because of the mess-up and inconvenience and would only give me an email address for customer services to explain the situation.

I don't think I'll be shopping at Currys again, no matter how many discount codes they send me in emails.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zico said:

Got the same email but even with the supposed 25% off, there are no savings as they hike up the cost with postage and taxes afterwards.

This is for the dipped beam H7 LEDs (with caps):

Total 拢58.82
Subtotal 拢59.90
Discount SHOW25 - 拢14.97 拢14.97 off total order price
Shipping 拢4.90
Taxes 拢8.99

Yeah its a sale tactic they use. Those performance brake lights they released were 拢22 but now they are 拢24. When I add the discount it comes close to 拢25 after everything. Delivery is cheaper as its a smaller item. Once they charged me 拢5 for delivery of bulbs and when it arrived it came in a small box the same as if I was to pay 拢2 for delivery 馃槫

• Like 1

I can't believe it but I'm considering selling the Lotus聽:unsure:

I'm starting to think that maintenance and servicing costs on a 20 year old car are just too much when it only does 3 track days a year. First world problem I concede, but I do love the car and it's been a member of our family for nearly 14 years now.

Currently the instruments are out of the car for repair, and that's after also replacing the radiator, master cylinder, fuel hoses and a brake caliper in the last 8 months...

I think I'll run it until the autumn (so another two track days at Brands Hatch and Castle Combe) then see how I feel.

If I do sell it I'll probably replace it with a newer, low mileage Caterham 7 (with a Ford engine) - something I can work on and service myself. It'll mean a bigger initial outlay but lower running costs and it should hold its value just as well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@TimST2 if I had 2 cars where one I use as a toy / occasional use and the other I'd daily possibly I won't mind with the car I use occasionally as if something went wrong I have my second car to use whilst I save up or wait till repairs are done on the other.

It's up to you though. The Caterham probably may feel more fun to drive as your exposed to the elements but if I was you I'd get it with the detachable roof.聽

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 4:15 PM, zain611 said:

@TimST2 if I had 2 cars where one I use as a toy / occasional use and the other I'd daily possibly I won't mind with the car I use occasionally as if something went wrong I have my second car to use whilst I save up or wait till repairs are done on the other.

That's why I bought a second car when I decided to start doing track days. It's not the inconvenience, or that I can't afford the repairs, but I am starting to resent the amount I'm spending on maintenance.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:15 PM, zain611 said:

The Caterham probably may feel more fun to drive as your exposed to the elements but if I was you I'd get it with the detachable roof.聽

Yes I would get weather gear, just in case it rained on a track day or on the way to an MOT, but it's really a car to drive in the sun only. My wife and I looked at Caterhams before we were married but one wouldn't have been suitable for commuting.

With a 7 I could stay a member of the Lotus club too which would be good. Plenty of them at the track days I attend...

I appreciate there's some man-maths in there, but I'd rather spend more money on buying a car where I'll get it back when I sell than spend less (but too much) maintaining a car if that makes sense.

I don't like that our son has some pals around for 'pre-drinks' 馃檮 (that's NOT the dislike) and he wanted me to change a broken plug for him, and of the 4 boys that are here so far, only 1 said he could do it!聽

No more Nectar points at BP. :sad:

And to make it really confusing, Esso are now giving Nectar points instead of Clubcard points, unless the filling station is attached to a Tesco store... :unsure:

Either way, I don't pass an Esso so will lose out on about 拢20 worth of fuel points a year. 馃槷

BP are bringing in thier own loyalty scheme but no idea if that'll be any good yet...

6 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like that our son has some pals around for 'pre-drinks' 馃檮 (that's NOT the dislike) and he wanted me to change a broken plug for him, and of the 4 boys that are here so far, only 1 said he could do it!聽

Spark plug or house plug?聽 I can rewire a house plug but I haven't needed to for years, can't remember the last time I saw one that wasn't a permanent moulded one recently!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Spark plug or house plug?聽 I can rewire a house plug but I haven't needed to for years, can't remember the last time I saw one that wasn't a permanent moulded one recently!

House plug, it was a moulded one but the plastic earth had broken off in the socket!聽

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

House plug, it was a moulded one but the plastic earth had broken off in the socket!聽

Ah, fair enough!聽 How do people management that?聽 I had to remove a plastic earth peg from a socket in Dad's house before he moved, I'd never seen it before but maybe it's more common than I thought! :unsure:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, fair enough!聽 How do people management that?聽 I had to remove a plastic earth peg from a socket in Dad's house before he moved, I'd never seen it before but maybe it's more common than I thought! :unsure:

I don't think I'd ever seen it before but that was the second one in less than a week!聽

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don鈥檛 like driving my mates 2.0 SDI Caddy van. 0-60 in 20.5 seconds! Thought I was going to die merging onto the M3!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@TimST2 looks decent to be honest. Hope I can afford that sort of thing later in life.

I'm really getting mad now. Can hear a group of cars revving out their engines not far from home 馃槧. It's 1:30am and been going on for more than 10 minutes now. @Stoney871聽is there anyway of reporting stuff like this? Feel really sorry for the people in their homes right near there to those chavs.聽

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I don鈥檛 like driving my mates 2.0 SDI Caddy van. 0-60 in 20.5 seconds! Thought I was going to die merging onto the M3!

Was it loaded up as well?聽 I never understood why they put the SDI in a van!聽 :laugh:

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'm really getting mad now. Can hear a group of cars revving out their engines not far from home 馃槧. It's 1:30am and been going on for more than 10 minutes now. @Stoney871聽is there anyway of reporting stuff like this? Feel really sorry for the people in their homes right near there to those chavs.聽

You could call 101...聽 Or you could get out there and join in, go enjoy yourself, you're only young once! :biggrin:

• Like 2

It's exactly 10 years today since I bought my first car. 馃槷

• Like 1

You could call 101...聽 Or you could get out there and join in, go enjoy yourself, you're only young once! [emoji3]聽
Call 101 and report anti-social behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

We had that issue for a couple of weekends locally,聽

There was a new section of road joined up in the country side to allow another road access a school without having to go in聽through the town to get there,

Creating a new roundabout; and I'm not sure of it's the same everywhere but over here; different companies sponsor the flowers for roundabouts allowing them to advertise on the space too.

Anyways now all that's said; this new roundabout has聽 been sponsored by a local tyre fitting company; which attracted alot of youths in drift cars to paint the road with tyres at night,

聽In my opinion there are far worse crimes out there, drugs for example are a bigger issue; providing the cars aren't stolen or there not under the influence of drugs or alcohol there only a risk to themselves and there own vehicles,聽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:
You could call 101...聽 Or you could get out there and join in, go enjoy yourself, you're only young once! [emoji3]聽

It's funny. Cheddar Gorge is quite a magnet for that sort of thing in the evenings. If I drive home late across the Mendips the wide boys think I'm one of them in the ST. If I'm on my way back from a track day in the Lotus they just stare as I go past :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TimST2 said:
It's funny. Cheddar Gorge is quite a magnet for that sort of thing in the evenings. If I drive home late across the Mendips the wide boys think I'm one of them in the ST. If I'm on my way back from a track day in the Lotus they just stare as I go past laughing.gif

To be fair, since there was a clamp down they still go there but there seem to be less tyre marks on the road. I'd always advocate keeping that sort of thing for a track day or airfield day, but at the same time I'm all for encouraging an interest in cars, even if it is just hanging around kicking tyres. It beats the local youth hanging around outside Tesco. I just hope for their sake they're declaring all their mods so they don't have a problem if they have an accident.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

It's funny. Cheddar Gorge is quite a magnet for that sort of thing in the evenings. If I drive home late across the Mendips the wide boys think I'm one of them in the ST. If I'm on my way back from a track day in the Lotus they just stare as I go past :laughing:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Lenny said:

LOL, that's @zain611's聽mental image of me sorted!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club