Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

24 minutes ago, Lenny said:

providing the cars aren't stolen or there not under the influence of drugs or alcohol there only a risk to themselves and there own vehicles, 

Quite a few of the ones who do that sort of thing are under the influence of drink/drugs though. They meet up in car parks then they drive like complete tools down the roads often well in excess of the speed limits doing handbrake turns etc which is a hazard and dangerous driving. 

11 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I just hope for their sake they're declaring all their mods so they don't have a problem if they have an accident.

A lot of them don't declare mods because they can't afford the insurance premiums, especially when they are under 25, it's their first vehicle and they have only recently passed their tests. I know my local RPU has a big issue with youths modifying their cars and invalidating insurance because they are undeclared and that they have really clamped down on it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TimST2 looks decent to be honest. Hope I can afford that sort of thing later in life.

To be honest I don't understand how young people today afford the cars they have. My first car was a 10 year old 1.1L Peugeot 205 when I was 19. These days (how old do I sound?) people are coming on here asking for advice about buying Fiesta ST-Line's as a first car. Then you get all the modified Corsas etc. How much do all those mods and insurance premiums cost?

You're at uni - you'll get a good job and be able to afford nice cars too (although your current car is already nicer than my first car) :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Was it loaded up as well?  I never understood why they put the SDI in a van!  :laugh:  

Only lightly, really is a horrible engine! Have been in a 1.9 SDI Polo as well which was only slightly less horrid! Thank god non-turbocharged diesels are pretty much  thing of the past now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You could call 101...  Or you could get out there and join in, go enjoy yourself, you're only young once! :biggrin: 

Lol I did feel like going out seeing if I could find where the noise is coming from, get their plates on my dash cam and any other antisocial behaviour and report it to the police. Honestly to me people who rev their engines like yesterday for so long late night are just putting down car guys. My sister even came to me saying she can hear them. 

Also don't like some young guy pulling out a side road yesterday in his new A3 and coming up right behind me. Sometimes I wish there is a certain age for people to finance a new car not letting young inexperienced drivers drive them

33 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

To be honest I don't understand how young people today afford the cars they have. My first car was a 10 year old 1.1L Peugeot 205 when I was 19. These days (how old do I sound?) people are coming on here asking for advice about buying Fiesta ST-Line's as a first car. Then you get all the modified Corsas etc. How much do all those mods and insurance premiums cost?

You're at uni - you'll get a good job and be able to afford nice cars too (although your current car is already nicer than my first car) :thumbsup:

I do like the 205 especially the GTI version. Just on the main road that runs parallel to my road someone has it. I think these days young people tend to finance. Yeah your getting a nice car but I feel the young people who do it do it to either show off (which I feel when I see them in uni) or just like the car. I also don't find it great also an inexperienced driver financing a new car. Someone on the forum had their car written off because some young boy crashed into it and the funny thing is his car was parked up. The boy had a vauxhall Adam which he financed with a private plate (which might have been financed also). 

Insurance is subjective for example London isn't a great place to live in however as I'm building up more driving history it looks like my insurance is averaging the same as if I was to live outside. I think insurance has increased slightly over here due to the youths killing each other here with knifes. I was looking at insurance for a 2014 audi RS6 and it's £5000 for me at the moment however went down to £1585 when I said I'm 26 with 9 years nc. 

I honestly have no concept of money, how we'd get taxed to know what my true salary will be when I start work. Just hope I get s decent job after this all. 

I don't like breaking our son's personalised Tennent's Lager glass! You can't order them just now and the promotion, in which you could win one, has finished ☹️

I've sent an email to Tennent's to see if they're coming back in stock #fingerscrossed 

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

It's always been the same as far as I can remember, some kids have rich parents, some have had an inheritance payment, some earn a good wage despite their young age.  But the majority don't...most of the youngsters I see on the road are driving 10+ year old cars or cheap superminis.  The insurance is ridiculous nowadays though, I don't blame them for not declaring mods in all honesty!

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Only lightly, really is a horrible engine! Have been in a 1.9 SDI Polo as well which was only slightly less horrid! Thank god non-turbocharged diesels are pretty much  thing of the past now.

Lol, I don't think there's anything you can buy in the UK with an NA diesel engine these days...ever decreasing emissions limits aren't all bad!! :laugh:  

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol I did feel like going out seeing if I could find where the noise is coming from, get their plates on my dash cam and any other antisocial behaviour and report it to the police. Honestly to me people who rev their engines like yesterday for so long late night are just putting down car guys. My sister even came to me saying she can hear them. 

I agree that's too late, but I do like a nice exhaust myself...  :laugh:  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The insurance is ridiculous nowadays though, I don't blame them for not declaring mods in all honesty!

It certainly seems to have risen more than you could explain just by inflation - probably because of all the compo claims - people now will try and claim for a broken fingernail. 

My first insurance was £20 for a 10 year old 850 MIni, third party only, which equates to about £325 today, I think. It still seemed a lot to me at the time on £9 a week😀

• Like 1

I object to having to pay Royal Mail to insure a parcel against them themselves destroying it during delivery.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It certainly seems to have risen more than you could explain just by inflation - probably because of all the compo claims - people now will try and claim for a broken fingernail. 

My first insurance was £20 for a 10 year old 850 MIni, third party only, which equates to about £325 today, I think. It still seemed a lot to me at the time on £9 a week😀

Two weeks wages for a year of insurance doesn't sound all that much at all nowadays lol.  17 year olds are likely to be on about a fiver an hour (I think)...2 40hr weeks would be £400 and quite reasonable...  Instead of the £2k+ that it actually costs! 😮  And that's with a black box fitted so you can't have any fun in the car...

I don't agree with the way car insurance works personally though, that sort of prejudice doesn't work in any other aspect of life, yet for some reason it's totally acceptable for insurers to assume you'll be a worse driver because of your gender, age, race, location, job etc! :unsure:  And you're deemed especially dangerous if you actually like cars and decide to spend some money modifying them. :rolleyes: 

After owning my car for a year and a half now, I’ve found the thing I dislike the most about it. The seats! I find the top portion bend away from my shoulders and head leaving me with no support there and on long journeys this does make for quite a painful experience. I dunno if it’s just because I’m tall or if I sit weird but it really does annoy me.

25 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

After owning my car for a year and a half now, I’ve found the thing I dislike the most about it. The seats! I find the top portion bend away from my shoulders and head leaving me with no support there and on long journeys this does make for quite a painful experience. I dunno if it’s just because I’m tall or if I sit weird but it really does annoy me.

ST Recaro are a straight swap, maybe try those, just ensure the rear is from an ST2 spec as ST3 and RS dont have the centre rear seat belt 

Speaking of Recaro 

• Like 1

I think I might tbh Lenny, just need to find some for sale nearby.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

There available with blue sections to match your colour focus; I'd like a set too but I'm in Ireland, cost me a further €250 on top of the purchase price to ship them over from the UK, 

You will need a T50 and a T40 Torx to remove the front and back seats, both are available from Halfords and the front seats come out through the rear doors,

20190519_180757.thumb.jpg.535fc060787a2c26e0a46aaab09735c2.jpg

Stripped out mine one Friday of a bank holiday weekend for a full JL Audio install 

IMG_20150327_115334_zpsqzgzmpgw.thumb.jpg.877106add80b63c3ec32d07e6ee6053c.jpg

IMG_20150327_113118_zps8ghxvzul.thumb.jpg.ad4cfd2d38840a98663edb2d504f111b.jpg

IMG_20150327_180704_zpsd7epex1y.thumb.jpg.8a60e670da06a706b85afbe57a8b572a.jpg

IMG_20150327_113108_zps5n89sbvl.thumb.jpg.87ec9d3c079eb52b4ead7c32a193d863.jpg

IMG_20150331_103547_zpsnm86nrxk.thumb.jpg.c232e8cc80df160b557e86ab526615df.jpg

IMG_20150419_183447_zpsdrz1haf5.thumb.jpg.adc27b654ae89c66a8250ab73ef15593.jpg

IMG_20150623_180017_zpskvnbnkri.thumb.jpg.ea109c12c795caca792f1e142f798596.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Also when you do get a set; I recommend renting a RugDoctor to bring them up like new prior to fitting in the focus 

• Like 1

Good plan, are there any guides for doing this as I’m not the handiest with these sorts of things 😂!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Good plan, are there any guides for doing this as I’m not the handiest with these sorts of things 😂!

Removing the seats? 

First thing ensure you have the code for your stereo; it should be in the front of the manual prior to disconnecting the battery

Second get an empty pringles tin or cut open a plastic bottle; use it to store all the bolts. 

Then undo the two rear bolts of the front seats, remove them to the pringles tin, 

Put the top of the seat far forward

Undo the front bolts of the seat, then put it back on to the rear seat to allow you access underneath and unplug the air bags, 

The front seats are around 50kg each due to airbags inside, this is also the reason for disconnecting the battery

Two people then rotate the seat on to its side facing the doors, 

One person lifts the top; out through the rear door while the person lifting the bottom section; goes in the drivers door lifting the seat out through the back door.

Fitting then is the reverse of removal; whichever person is carrying the bottom; they get in the rear door first carrying the seat; then get out the front door having dropped the seat in to position.

That's how myself and the now wife got them out few years ago prior to marriage 😅

• Like 1

I assume all the seatbelt buckled already come with the seats and the seats have airbags in them as well?

I don't like reading this: https://www.real-fix.com/animals/laughing-thugs-film-themselves-tearing-live-pheasants-wings-off/amp/

People like that make me sick, I'm not against killing animals for meat but to torture an animal for "enjoyment" is abhorrent.

• Sad 2

That is actually disgusting, people like that often turn out to be psychopaths.

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

That is actually disgusting, people like that often turn out to be psychopaths.

Yes that is very often true.

I object to having to pay Royal Mail to insure a parcel against them themselves destroying it during delivery.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Problem also is when they lose/break/mis-deliver the item the claim form they give you is so convoluted & pointless (and asks silly questions to which no answers are possible) and then they refuse to pay up because the form is incomplete.

Yes, been there - done that!

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

My insurance is up for renewal. I don't like getting quotes for car insurance at over £700 now for a year with 3 years NCD, and that's before any extras like breakdown, hire car etc are added on. 
I don't get how they work out the prices. Some quotes have been £1000+ for a non-modified car. 

6 hours ago, Nick Y said:

My insurance is up for renewal. I don't like getting quotes for car insurance at over £700 now for a year with 3 years NCD, and that's before any extras like breakdown, hire car etc are added on. 
I don't get how they work out the prices. Some quotes have been £1000+ for a non-modified car. 

I've been quoted £1070. I'm paying £960 at the moment and it's gone up with an extra no claims I hopefully will have in July 😢

9 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that I tried to get a quote from Adrian Flux and they haven't even replied. Obviously they can't get anywhere near the £217 I've been quoted by LV. I excluded my phone number but they could have replied via email.

I only tried them because @DAN@ADRIAN FLUX is always posting on here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club