Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Don't like seeing a loved one gravely ill and close to passing away 😢😭

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Don't like seeing a loved one gravely ill and close to passing away 😢😭

Sorry to read that mate; unfortunately its ahead of us all and those whom we feel; should be taken, seem to live forever 

• Like 2

I don't like that I'm becoming a grumpy old git (at age 41).

I found myself thinking that a disproportionate number of people (mostly, but not exclusively, other drivers) were complete morons on the drive home this afternoon... :ranting:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

.......and it'll only get worse!😀

.......and it'll only get worse![emoji3]
Try 49 [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I also don't like that the builders at work have started to use the car-high stack of building materials 6 inches from the side of my car, and have also started to store stuff behind my car.

Unsurprisingly I've temporarily moved to another of our company spaces and complained to reception, not that it'll do a lot of good I expect :ranting:

Secure indoor parking my *****...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Try 49 emoji21.png

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

No, a LOT worse than that!😀

• Like 1

I'm a grumpy old git at 34 have been since 2006 😅 not as bad now in recent years but still cant get through a Sunday with out finding somthing to give out about 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I'm a grumpy old git at 34 have been since 2006 😅 not as bad now in recent years but still cant get through a Sunday with out finding somthing to give out about 

Lol, my Mrs even bought me a special "Grumpy Old Man" T-shirt some years ago. Thing is, when she bought it I wasn't that old and not really grumpy, so she must have had the foresight to see what was coming!😀

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, my Mrs even bought me a special "Grumpy Old Man" T-shirt some years ago. Thing is, when she bought it I wasn't that old and not really grumpy, so she must have had the foresight to see what was coming!😀

Knew you would grow in to it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Lol 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, WES180 said:

I don't like that I tried to get a quote from Adrian Flux and they haven't even replied. Obviously they can't get anywhere near the £217 I've been quoted by LV. I excluded my phone number but they could have replied via email.

I only tried them because @DAN@ADRIAN FLUX is always posting on here.

Hi.

I'm sorry that you were unable to get a quotation from ourselves. Maybe we can try next year for you.

Regards,

Dan.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

I'm sorry that you were unable to get a quotation from ourselves. Maybe we can try next year for you.

Regards,

Dan.

Ha ha, Really? Why would I try a company again that didn't even have the decency to respond to my online quotation?

LV has me covered this year now, very competitive and you actually get a quotation from them after taking the time to fill in all of the required details.

17 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I found myself thinking that a disproportionate number of people (mostly, but not exclusively, other drivers) were complete morons on the drive home this afternoon... :ranting:

That's a fact though, its not just your opinion...

• Like 1

Is anyone else having problems with pictures on FB Marketplace?  I can't seem to see them anymore, the ad just opens on it's own... :unsure: 

34598610_MarketplacePicsMissing.thumb.jpg.e540e7acd40ff384ec5427265c233420.jpg

Saddened to read of the death of Niki Lauda - a very brave man and a great driver.

• Like 1

Saddened to read of the death of Niki Lauda - a very brave man and a great driver.
I have a lot of respect for him, both as a driver and for the way he always told it like it was.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not too happy about receiving a solid ash wooden height chart which on the website has no holes in the centre 

20190522_190222.thumb.jpg.5528fddbfb24d4d9c856e603ed9ce3a4.jpg

And well here is the item received with four 6mm holes in the centre.

20190522_182335.thumb.jpg.d188af4d3b17e79d7966b4f74798bc50.jpg

I've now ordered four brass mirror screws which have flat bronze caps to disguise the screws.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't like painting...... I especially don't like painting skirtings! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like painting...... I especially don't like painting skirtings! 

same here 👍

• Like 2

A double 'I don't like'....

I don't like that amazon added a 'Free' Prime trial to my last order. When I was checking out an extra page cropped up with the blurb about how good Prime is and it gave me the choice of proceeding with the trial or proceeding with an 'Expidited delivery'  when I clicked the second choice it told me I had signed up for the free trial! So basically I didn't get a choice.

Second bit is I was browsing various things, as you do, and came across this product being sold via Prime for £25 BUT they tell you that it's available for less from other sellers(on Amazon) with free delivery! So why sign up to Prime at £8 a month when you can get stuff cheaper? 

Screenshot_20190523-224017.png

I always proceed VERY carefully when ordering from amazon - they are trickier than a bag of monkeys and very easy to fall into the Prime trap as you have found!

@Turvey I did notice once I bought a leather cleaning kit from amazon and it was being sold by the company itself who make the products. Funny thing was it was listed cheaper on amazon than their own website and its being sold by them via amazon 😂

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Funny thing was it was listed cheaper on amazon than their own website and its being sold by them via amazon 😂

I've occasionally found that, particularly where things are being sold on amazon marketplace rather than direct from amazon. Always worth having a look at the suppliers own site where prices can vary up or down. Sometimes it's the delivery charge that makes a difference. I usually manage to get free delivery and have stuff dropped off at the local post office to collect, rather than direct to home 'cos I always seem to be out when they come and then you've got to go find your parcel wherever they leave it. They once left one with my neighbour who was just going on holiday so I didn't get it until they came home 3 weeks later!😠

You'll find a lot of products on amazon are 'fulfilled' by amazon, even if it appears to be sold by the company themselves.   This means there's no work for the company to do (so no picking and packing costs) as the product is stored at an amazon warehouse ready for distribution by Amazon staff. Amazon also have better deals on postage making it cheaper than smaller businesses could manage.  This is why you can buy things on Prime and have them arrive within 20 seconds of ordering for free lol.

I also find eBay is usually cheaper than a businesses own website as well, I can only assume this is because of the sheer volume of sales they get through eBay.  Unless it is a similar warehouse scheme, a bit like drop shipping, where the products are dealt with by someone other than the company themselves.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club