Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like being on antibiotics just in time for our holiday to Edinburgh tomorrow!!  Just my luck... :wallbash:

• Sad 1

The Ford paint really is annoyingly soft!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

The Ford paint really is annoyingly soft!

Oh I know this. Just yesterday dropped off my gran home and she got out the car and I heard her house keys hit the paint 😱. Couldn't look properly at the time as it was dark so might look now if there's any marks. Not great also when your washing the car. 

An advantage I'd say for soft paint is it's easy to cut into when machine polishing it. 

23 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like being on antibiotics just in time for our holiday to Edinburgh tomorrow!!  Just my luck... :wallbash:

Hopefully you sickness will go away not long after the start of your holiday 👍

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Oh I know this. Just yesterday dropped off my gran home and she got out the car and I heard her house keys hit the paint 😱. Couldn't look properly at the time as it was dark so might look now if there's any marks. Not great also when your washing the car. 

An advantage I'd say for soft paint is it's easy to cut into when machine polishing it. 

My Nan has a habit of touching/holding onto a car as she walks along...rings banging down the paintwork... :rolleyes:  Can't explain it to her though...yet it's a different story if you put a bunch of keys on her polished table indoors... :laugh: 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My Nan has a habit of touching/holding onto a car as she walks along...rings banging down the paintwork... :rolleyes:  Can't explain it to her though...yet it's a different story if you put a bunch of keys on her polished table indoors... :laugh: 

I need to be like a proper chauffer opening the door for her. People like to slam the door closed which I hate and have to reach out for the door to stop it slamming. Problem is the road where my grandparents live there have been some crimes. Theres 4 shops just opposite the road from their house where once there was a shooting in the alleyway next door to them. Once I sat in my previous car outside their house waiting for my mum who takes ages to come out and saw 3 boys walk up to the car. One of the guys I noticed from secondary school and he looked surprised when he saw me. Odd thing was when he was walking up to the car it didn't look like he recognised me then so god knows what he's intentions were. 

• Like 1

The scratches polished out a treat which is nice, what’s not so nice is that I think my bonnet lock may now be broken 🤬!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Hope the weather improves for you! We're in Evanton tonight and it's absolutely p***ing it down! 

I don't like feeling rubbish on Saturday and missing out on a friend's birthday celebration.

I don't like having to stay up late to watch the butchered Channel 4 F1 highlights (because damn Sky hold the rights for years to come and I'm not paying them!!).

**F1 spoiler below so don't read unless you've seen the race live or seen the Channel 4 highlights**

I don't like Lando Norris crashing out so early in the race and the massive loss of points I will incur in the Fantasy F1 league that I was leading until this weekend

• Sad 1

I don't like some ignorant twerp ignoring ALL of the passing places (signed with white diamond signs every few yards on that side of the road) and deciding to smash my wing mirror instead.  What makes it worse is it's a 306 estate in blue, it might be one of my previous cars!! :rolleyes:  Too fast to catch the reg but any fool can see the road isn't wide enough for two cars there, didn't even brake, let alone stop so probably drunk or uninsured...

Video does contain the C word, though it's so common these days I'm not sure it needs a warning. :unsure: 

• Sad 4

@TomsFocus at least you have a dash cam but it's annoying it can't always pick up the reg like you said. Any updates on situation? Just seen this now.

I always used to think you'd hold back on the swearing 😂. I'm one of those people. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Video does contain the C word, though it's so common these days I'm not sure it needs a warning. :unsure: 

The C-bomb is so common nowadays that they even say it on the BBC! What would Sir Terry say? 😲😃

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/jeremy-hunt-name-victoria-derbyshire-bbc-mispronounce-a8952006.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus at least you have a dash cam but it's annoying it can't always pick up the reg like you said. Any updates on situation? Just seen this now.

I always used to think you'd hold back on the swearing 😂. I'm one of those people. 

Lol, I don't really swear around other people I know, there was even a running joke in college because they had a swear jar that I never had to put any money in, they'd try to provoke it! :laugh:  But on my own, in the car, on foot or in shops (basically anywhere I have to deal with the general public), I must say 'for f**cks sake' at least 100 times a day... :laugh: I don't even realise  how much I say it in the car until I play back dashcam footage...also don't realise how much of a Suffolk farmer accent I have! :lol: I don't tend to use the C word often, but it is becoming more common...I used to hate it myself purely due to social conditioning, but I don't think the majority of people under about 70 find it offensive any more.  After all, it's just a word for a body part, it's not about a race or religion...no different to calling someone a d*ck or a tw*t really...

As for the mirror, it looks like I can get away with just replacing the lower cover & indicator (both smashed) but the actual mirror and the painted cap seems to have survived, even the glass didn't break, German quality lol.  The biggest issue is a really thin snapped wire to the indicator plug...if I can't fix that then I'll need to fit a complete mirror unit from a breakers yard at around £40.  Funny thing is, this is the only time I've actually had a bulb out due to the smashed indicator but the bulb failure warning hasn't come up...yet it randomly comes up every few weeks despite all bulbs working fine. :laugh: 

IMG_20190610_110612169.thumb.jpg.bf9a43e2f1fb6eb7af31642e4348e151.jpg

IMG_20190610_110532070.thumb.jpg.1e047a4db249db165000a8a46aa56ec3.jpg

IMG_20190610_110542561.thumb.jpg.4e8a2f7333147be082a19bb22180196b.jpg

I'm going to attempt fixing the wire today, and have ordered the lower cover from here, so hopefully much cheaper than a new mirror!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wing-Mirror-Indicator-LEDTurn-Signal-Light-Cover-RightSide-Fit-VW-Golf-MK6-09-13/323634544924?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Ddff82729b67841f8b29129c4eb502853%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D323634544924%26itm%3D323634544924&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A090ee34d-8c25-11e9-afd0-74dbd180ad8e|parentrq%3A45b52f1e16b0aad9a1f7497affec5c75|iid%3A1

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

The C-bomb is so common nowadays that they even say it on the BBC! What would Sir Terry say? 😲😃

I see it on TV fairly regularly these days...was watching a recent Sarah Millican stand up show over the weekend where she said it and none of the audience (mostly middle aged couples) seemed bothered at all.  She was referring to ignorant drivers cutting in line though...so it was justified. :laugh:  People like Miriam Margolyes say it quite often as well...  If old ladies are saying it, it can't be that bad... :wink:  

• Like 2

Good news...managed to bodge the wire with the old twist 'n' tape technique... :wink:

IMG_20190611_105311546_HDR.thumb.jpg.22843d6e2016c1df4a10f19fdf70b70d.jpg

Looks like it never happened now...be classed as mint on eBay... :laugh:

IMG_20190611_105951855.thumb.jpg.7eb6253464a0cab134be36c921084579.jpg

I'm amazed none of the LEDs broke... :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Good news...managed to bodge the wire with the old twist 'n' tape technique... :wink:

IMG_20190611_105311546_HDR.thumb.jpg.22843d6e2016c1df4a10f19fdf70b70d.jpg

Looks like it never happened now...be classed as mint on eBay... :laugh:

IMG_20190611_105951855.thumb.jpg.7eb6253464a0cab134be36c921084579.jpg

I'm amazed none of the LEDs broke... :lol:

At least you don't have to get the whole mirror. Back when I had my Peugeot 107 I accidentally hit a packed cars mirror. The car was parked on a road where people aren't supposed to park. I went around it and there was a car coming who didn't bother to move other more to his side causing me to hit it. Luckily for me it left a little mark and I had a carbon fibre wrap on it then so it didn't mark the paint underneath when I took the wrap off when I was selling it. 

• Like 1

Don't like this c class driver cutting in front of me today on a dual carriageway 😡. Just on the entry I went in the left lane whilst the car in front went in the right. This guy behind went in the right and must of got quickly impatient of the car in front of him doing the speed limit so quickly cut into my lane and speeded off. At a split second I could tell his intentions and tried to speed up but he did his maneuver then and was really close to hitting my car. Tried getting my focus back as there's some speed cameras ahead and wanted to be aware of my speed. Caught up to him at the lights at a roundabout and saw him with his friends laughing in the car. Was close to cutting in front of him and brake checking him 😡. I do like it when I catch up to idiots like that but I wish something can be done about bad drivers.

@TomsFocus the c must stand for something for c class drivers. 

• Like 2

How come big purchases always come at the same time?

This year we're doing home improvements and upgrading our family car (and I'm now contemplating changing the Lotus too!) :wacko:

• Confused 1

I don't like coming across a gang of highway workers hand waving traffic around a tractor trimming the trees/hedges on a 50mph road at a blind bend.

This is the location where I found them:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2597069,1.0028901,3a,75y,83.24h,88.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGAZZrzsCJiuEXDRSybs-zQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2595676,1.0048639,3a,75y,265.05h,90.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbeHRgZjpMG2omG158ytrnw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

I pulled over a short distance up the road and went back to have a word with the two guys who were trying to direct the traffic. They had no stop/go boards or traffic lights, one single 'men at work' sign and cone a few hundred yards either side of the bend, and were using mobile phones so that they could talk to each other while directing traffic. Nobody other than the Police ( @Stoney871 can confirm) or specially trained Traffic Officers (like the Highways Agency officers on Motorways/trunk roads) can direct traffic.

I'm ashamed to say that the workers were for our own Highway Authority (though not directly employed by the Council but the alliance partners who carry out the works etc. for them). I will be having a word with my senior managers when I get back to the office tomorrow and providing the dashcam footage.

It's already weighing on mind about what will happen to the three guys involved. I don't wish for the guys to potentially loose there jobs, BUT, the guys on site stood a far greater chance of loosing there lives if the worst had happened.

• Like 1

Summary for those whom dont have time to read: I dont like badly educated customer sales and by badly educated i mean; badly educated in the details of the items there selling,

Now Here's the long story:😅

Recently i invested in two LED panel lights for the ceiling and I'm delighted with the Lampenwelt lights there really well manufactured and I highly recommend them,

As featured here and I'm adding more video later when its darker to show how good they really are: 

However there customer service could be a little better educated to assist sales because; The same day of purchasing both ceiling lights from Lampenwelt; I sent them an email requesting to purchase a second remote control for Bedroom 03 as the room has two occupants sharing and these particular light units dont have a switch on the wall; only the remote holder can use the light,

So to avoid further conflict between the occupants of Bedroom 03 regarding which and of them possesses the existing one remote control for the light as theres no switch on the wall to control it; I would like to purchase an additional remote control.

Basically informing Lampenwelt; I paid you for two lights please now sell me another remote control generally for a cost of around 60% of the cost of the complete light itself which is generally how these type of purchase request transpires. 

And three days ago I received this response from Customer Service: 

20190615_191925.thumb.jpg.9f737d688730573ffe39e11d49f314b8.jpg

Ok, bit disappointed at the time of reading I will admit and I assumed the remote's must be synchronised by bluetooth or something much like an amazon Fire TV box, 

However; today having now gotten both of the Lampenwelt LES units installed in both Bedrooms 01 & 03 I got a bit brave and decided to try use both of the remotes on the same light unit 😬 and well heres what happened: 

😂 ok for those of you whom may have bad internet speed there or your saving your data allowance; The video shows both remotes operate the same light unit; the remotes are 100% cross functional there not specifically coded to operate the unit they are supplied with unlike what the manufacturer's customer service say.

So I've sent my video back to the same customer service representative to perhaps educate them with some hands on hardware trial & error 🤷‍♂️

I understand now they wont or possibly cant supply me with an additional remote; so I will purchase another Lampenwelt BRENDA CCT Model: 9624206 in order to obtain an additional remote control and keep the additional LED panel in storage as a spare replacement for Bedroom 03,

I'm not diminishing there Products in any way I think there very well manufactured and built to last,

I'm just letting people know that it is possible to use two remotes or more on the same unit there not paired.

• Like 1

I don't like needing one new number plate light lens for the Passat and finding that the only place that sells them on eBay sells a PAIR for £13.99...  For two plastic lenses!?! :ohmy:

There are cheaper "LED conversion kits" but that does not interest me whatsoever.  I just want one OEM lens that will fit in where the old (broken) one was!!  Is that too much to ask of VW?

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like needing one new number plate light lens for the Passat and finding that the only place that sells them on eBay sells a PAIR for £13.99...  For two plastic lenses!?! :ohmy:

There are cheaper "LED conversion kits" but that does not interest me whatsoever.  I just want one OEM lens that will fit in where the old (broken) one was!!  Is that too much to ask of VW?

£3.94 each on carparts4less... :wink: 

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/lighting1/license-plate-lights/?482440441&0&000512

Just now, TomsFocus said:

I don't think that's the right kind though, as mine don't appear to sit in a plastic housing but rather slot into a metal surround and are perfectly rectangular (without the rounded edges).

I'll post a picture later on (should have taken one yesterday when I had it out but didn't have the presence of mind!).

16 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't think that's the right kind though, as mine don't appear to sit in a plastic housing but rather slot into a metal surround and are perfectly rectangular (without the rounded edges).

I'll post a picture later on (should have taken one yesterday when I had it out but didn't have the presence of mind!).

Ah ok, sounds like they're the same as the A3 ones...which were impossible to buy anywhere offline when I needed one for MOT. :rolleyes:  £13 the pair sounds fine for those as they're not readily available.  You can get a pair of LED ones for a tenner but they'll cause canbus issues and only light up half of the LEDs.

I don't like trying to work out the best way make a simple printable grid on a PC...  I'm sure I must have done this in Primary School ffs! :laugh: 

Just want a simple grid with the 7 weekdays along the top and all 24 hours down the side...and enough space in each grid box to write in.  Given the space I want, I'm probably looking at 2x A4 sheets, one under the other, in landscape form.  What's the easiest way to do this?  Or even someone do it for me and email it across lol?  So far I've completely failed in both 'Word' and 'Excel' (albeit the Open Office equivalents!). :unsure: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club