Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

38 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah ok, sounds like they're the same as the A3 ones...which were impossible to buy anywhere offline when I needed one for MOT. :rolleyes:  £13 the pair sounds fine for those as they're not readily available.  You can get a pair of LED ones for a tenner but they'll cause canbus issues and only light up half of the LEDs.

Sounds like it - here's a picture anyway:

20190616_103658.thumb.jpg.705c21cedd4a64341b2823a5e6258d04.jpg

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like trying to work out the best way make a simple printable grid on a PC...  I'm sure I must have done this in Primary School ffs! :laugh: 

Just want a simple grid with the 7 weekdays along the top and all 24 hours down the side...and enough space in each grid box to write in.  Given the space I want, I'm probably looking at 2x A4 sheets, one under the other, in landscape form.  What's the easiest way to do this?  Or even someone do it for me and email it across lol?  So far I've completely failed in both 'Word' and 'Excel' (albeit the Open Office equivalents!). :unsure: 

Try printing something like this over two sheets?

https://www.studenthandouts.com/calendars/hour-weekly-planner-schedule-sheet-24-7.html

• Like 2

Having a e-mail off virgin media (well they say they are) saying my payment has failed and service will be cut off on the 17th and to click the link to update my details.

1.........you would never be asked to update private details through a e-mail as it would say to visit the main site and log in.

2........Had the direct deit bill come a week ago saying its all paind until next month and if they had problems they would ring me or letter,never opt for email contact or for bill.

Some scams going round these days and i know a lot of B.T ones are.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Having a e-mail off virgin media (well they say they are) saying my payment has failed and service will be cut off on the 17th and to click the link to update my details.

1.........you would never be asked to update private details through a e-mail as it would say to visit the main site and log in.

2........Had the direct deit bill come a week ago saying its all paind until next month and if they had problems they would ring me or letter,never opt for email contact or for bill.

The first thing I always check with emails like that is who actually sent them. 
A lot of the scam emails can easily be found as they don't use official email addresses.
I've seen a lot of HMRC and supermarket voucher emails lately and I instantly know they aren't genuine because they come from abroad and have random names and numbers before or after the @ sign. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Yeah that's the sort of thing I'm after.  After seeing that, I found this site which seems ideal for making these.  https://www.worksheetworks.com/miscellanea/calendars/hour.html

Any idea how I can make something like that print over 2 pages though?   I thought I could fool the A4 printer into printing A3 but it's clearly smarter than I am! :laugh: 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah that's the sort of thing I'm after.  After seeing that, I found this site which seems ideal for making these.  https://www.worksheetworks.com/miscellanea/calendars/hour.html

Any idea how I can make something like that print over 2 pages though?   I thought I could fool the A4 printer into printing A3 but it's clearly smarter than I am! :laugh: 

It depends on the PDF viewer you are using. I think acrobat has options to tile pages and change page scaling.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It depends on the PDF viewer you are using. I think acrobat has options to tile pages and change page scaling.

Ah I see.  I'm just viewing it in the Edge browser...  I'll download Acrobat and try that instead.

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Any scrappies/dismantlers in the area? 

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I'd be worried about touching those screws...looks like the rest of the tailgate will disintegrate… :laugh:  

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

3 hours ago, Nick Y said:

The first thing I always check with emails like that is who actually sent them. 
A lot of the scam emails can easily be found as they don't use official email addresses.
I've seen a lot of HMRC and supermarket voucher emails lately and I instantly know they aren't genuine because they come from abroad and have random names and numbers before or after the @ sign. 

Spot on guys, you can't have too many warnings about this sort of thing - despite which people still get seriously caught out.

I've seen a lot of VERY convincing ones recently, several of the BT variety, also HMRC, TV Licensing, banks (Santander crops up very frequently), utility companies, basically anyone with whom people may have an account holding personal details. As Nick says, you can usually easily identify scams by hitting the "view details" button (or whatever your email provider calls it), but I've come across a few where the scammers seem to have found a way to hide the info. about their real email address. So look very carefully, ask yourself "would this organisation really send this sort of email" and never, ever, download an attachment or click on a link, etc!

Just rang virgin to report it and make sure all ok and said yes all fine as we have password on the account when we phone as well,they gave me e- mail to forward it to and said we will never confirm detail updates on a e- mail only phone even if you change them on your online account on most items needs confirmation on phone.
So many this last few weeks they said with BT and Virgin as I have had a few calls saying there BT for details but not with BT.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'd be worried about touching those screws...looks like the rest of the tailgate will disintegrate… :laugh:  

I know it's pretty bad isn't it?  I will have to sand it all down and rust treat/paint it before I put the new lens on that's for sure.

I did take it off though and nothing came apart thank goodness I think it is mostly surface rust.

• Like 1

I keep getting emails saying my Apple account is being used by someone else, never had an Apple account plus the phrasing of the email is terrible.
My spam folder almost fills up faster than my regular inbox and I get hundreds of emails a week.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I keep getting emails saying my Apple account is being used by someone else, never had an Apple account plus the phrasing of the email is terrible.

I have heard of cases of people finding payments going out of their bank accounts/cards to the likes of Apple because someone has opened an Apple (or whatever) account using their details which presumably they have obtained through one of the scamming methods.

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

My spam folder almost fills up faster than my regular inbox and I get hundreds of emails a week.

Me too,

My original email address also got hacked and I changed my phone number since registering the email address so I cant confirm password now it's gone forever 

Its also the one I used to register this forum account; and I dont know my password so if I'm ever locked out I'm out forever 

50 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Me too,

My original email address also got hacked and I changed my phone number since registering the email address so I cant confirm password now it's gone forever 

I was recently unable to log into my "spare" email account. It kept saying my password was wrong (it wasn't), likewise my phone number and other security info, so I suspect someone's had a go at that too. Fortunately I rarely used it and never for anything sensitive.

50 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Its also the one I used to register this forum account; and I dont know my password so if I'm ever locked out I'm out forever 

If you have to re-register under an alias I'm sure we'll soon work out who it is!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, TomsFocus said:

I'm sure somebody could do you a couple of A3 prints :smile:.

13 hours ago, Zico said:

I'm sure somebody could do you a couple of A3 prints :smile:.

I got it sorted in the end, Alex was right, you can change the scaling on Adobe Acrobat. :smile:

• Like 2

After getting FORscan working and nothing to Activate..........is there some PDF file to look at for codes to make things work or even just look at for my 2011 1.6 titanium.

A week sorting it out and nothing to do.

9 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

After getting FORscan working and nothing to Activate..........is there some PDF file to look at for codes to make things work or even just look at for my 2011 1.6 titanium.

A week sorting it out and nothing to do.

Forscan is really for fault codes, live data and maintenance procedures (resetting electronics after replacing parts) on a Mk7 Fiesta.  It's only the later cars where it's got the functionality to activate things.  It's a shame there's not a Fiesta equivalent to ELMConfig or FoCCCus as they're the type of programme you'd need to activate things.

Forscan is really for fault codes, live data and maintenance procedures (resetting electronics after replacing parts) on a Mk7 Fiesta.  It's only the later cars where it's got the functionality to activate things.  It's a shame there's not a Fiesta equivalent to ELMConfig or FoCCCus as they're the type of programme you'd need to activate things.
Yes it is a shame as not tried it for years so just got it sorted,so still no program out there for the fiesta then,wanted to look at Global closing as seems to be a popular thing.

2 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Yes it is a shame as not tried it for years so just got it sorted,so still no program out there for the fiesta then,wanted to look at Global closing as seems to be a popular thing.

Don't think there's one for the Fiesta.  Global closing requires all 4 windows to be one-touch, it's a totally different system to the front-only electric windows.

Don't think there's one for the Fiesta.  Global closing requires all 4 windows to be one-touch, it's a totally different system to the front-only electric windows.
I do have all 4 but never tried if there 1 touch which I don't think they all all,only if drivers would work would be good.

I don't like losing my rag with a careless driver today...  Wasn't nearly the worst incident I've had in the the last month but sadly it was final straw for my calm exterior.  It was also completely avoidable if he'd just waited at the giveaway for 5 seconds instead of plowing on through in his large, slow vehicle...

He was calm and maintains that he saw me coming but 'thought there was time' ...time for what?  Me to brake to half the speed I was doing and then sit behind him for miles?  I just don't understand  this mentally at all but couldn't change his mind.  Apart from simple common courtesy of not burdening other people with your actions, when I was learning to drive I was taught that if someone has to brake or swerve to avoid your manoeuvre...then you shouldn't have done it.  My Mum also drives with this in mind so was likely taught the same, yet my Dad and the majority of his generation seem to have this laid back mentally where giving way is optional and anything goes as long as no one dies... :unsure:  Presumably these are the same people that complain about tailgaters after cutting them off...

I'm really trying to be calmer and let things slide on the road but since the mirror got smashed last week (never did find the car or driver), I almost got hit by a cyclist coming round a blind bend at speed on my side of the road at the weekend and then two very near misses in the space of 10 minutes yesterday (one of which was an old guy in a battered supermini with a phone to his ear and a baby in the passenger seat 😠 ),  I knew it was only a matter of time before the anger was released towards someone who probably didn't deserve it...honestly I wish I'd had a go at the guy on his phone yesterday instead now! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll ruminate about this for months now so just wanted to rant about it lol.  But if anyone's got any tips on staying cool despite all these idiots feel free to share! :biggrin:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like losing my rag with a careless driver today...  Wasn't nearly the worst incident I've had in the the last month but sadly it was final straw for my calm exterior.  It was also completely avoidable if he'd just waited at the giveaway for 5 seconds instead of plowing on through in his large, slow vehicle...

He was calm and maintains that he saw me coming but 'thought there was time' ...time for what?  Me to brake to half the speed I was doing and then sit behind him for miles?  I just don't understand  this mentally at all but couldn't change his mind.  Apart from simple common courtesy of not burdening other people with your actions, when I was learning to drive I was taught that if someone has to brake or swerve to avoid your manoeuvre...then you shouldn't have done it.  My Mum also drives with this in mind so was likely taught the same, yet my Dad and the majority of his generation seem to have this laid back mentally where giving way is optional and anything goes as long as no one dies... :unsure:  Presumably these are the same people that complain about tailgaters after cutting them off...

I'm really trying to be calmer and let things slide on the road but since the mirror got smashed last week (never did find the car or driver), I almost got hit by a cyclist coming round a blind bend at speed on my side of the road at the weekend and then two very near misses in the space of 10 minutes yesterday (one of which was an old guy in a battered supermini with a phone to his ear and a baby in the passenger seat 😠 ),  I knew it was only a matter of time before the anger was released towards someone who probably didn't deserve it...honestly I wish I'd had a go at the guy on his phone yesterday instead now! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll ruminate about this for months now so just wanted to rant about it lol.  But if anyone's got any tips on staying cool despite all these idiots feel free to share! :biggrin:

I can't say I've ever had a face-to-face confrontation with another driver, although I have lost my cool a few times whilst still in my car (shouting out the window once or twice)...  I wouldn't say that's showing any level of restraint per se but rather the other drivers have been lucky in that I wasn't in a position to stop and get out.  Had I been I may have been arrested before now!!

My driving instructor also told me the very same thing, if another driver has to alter their speed then you shouldn't have pulled out, and if you did it on your driving test it is an immediate fail.

Occasionally I have made the odd misjudgement and pulled out but as soon as I notice I immediately utilise the Passat's 140BHP and speed the heck up.  Most people who have done it to me either don't notice or don't care and poodle along at 10MPH under the speed limit... :angry:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club