Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like when you have footage on your dash cam and listen to it and cant upload it onto YouTube as language is bad (moaning at another driver by myself)

Is there a way to cut sound off when uploading it or is it just edit through a program first or turn sound off on your dash cam which i have done now.

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I don't like when you have footage on your dash cam and listen to it and cant upload it onto YouTube as language is bad (moaning at another driver by myself)

Is there a way to cut sound off when uploading it or is it just edit through a program first or turn sound off on your dash cam which i have done now.

Surely you could mute the sound using an editing program?  I used to use Movie Maker and I'm sure that was an option, but it has been so long since I edited videos I can't honestly remember!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

You should be able to use the YouTube editor to mute audio. I've used it a few times when uploading to mute video gaming footage which included party chat audio.

My partner just seen a car with 2 young lads drive up our no through road , stop outside our house , look through bushes at front of house  looking through living room window. She was upstairs looking down seeing them . I'm in living room unaware with curtains open.

They turned round, drove off and then came back again doing the same. Gone now. My partner came down to tell me.  Either they want the TV or one of our cars? 

Keys hidden in metal boxes ( just incase a relay job on my keyfree Mondeo. ( But I have disabled that feature so it shouldn't be possible) 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Nick Y said:

You should be able to use the YouTube editor to mute audio. I've used it a few times when uploading to mute video gaming footage which included party chat audio.

I did use movie maker and still have it just seeing if you can in a simple way just before upload tick a box or something like NO audio or something then upload.

1 minute ago, jace1969 said:

I did use movie maker and still have it just seeing if you can in a simple way just before upload tick a box or something like NO audio or something then upload.

No, I don't think there's a way to do that with YT uploads. 
You can either edit before upload or do what I do and upload to YT as unlisted, then use the creator studio to mute the audio once the video is processed (which is a tick box I think). 

5 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

No, I don't think there's a way to do that with YT uploads. 
You can either edit before upload or do what I do and upload to YT as unlisted, then use the creator studio to mute the audio once the video is processed (which is a tick box I think). 

Will have to have a look into the YT stuff as i have uploaded a few but mainly dash cam videos around 5 mins long,just set them to unlisted so i can send to others but everyone cant see it.

• Like 1

I think i need my own forum the amount i put on here these days with dam problems.

Best free program to unzip a BIN file so i can update firmware as i need just 1 file not the folder,thought thing was going to smooth.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, jace1969 said:

I think i need my own forum the amount i put on here these days with dam problems.

Best free program to unzip a BIN file so i can update firmware as i need just 1 file not the folder,thought thing was going to smooth.

WinRAR

7 hours ago, Zico said:

WinRAR

Cheers Zico will give it a go.

Sadly from coming back from the graveyard, went down a unfamiliar B road and accidentally hit a little branch which scratched the side of the car. Also scratched the headlights which I just did a few days ago 😭

DSC_0270.JPG

DSC_0269.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

• Sad 2

59 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

🤬 branches!

I went to my local detailing shop after the incident and good news is it doesn't look deep and it doesn't catch your finger so hopefully a machine polish will hopefully just about remove it all hopefully. 

• Like 2

I don't like the Passat desperately needing a wash and wax, but it being far too warm and humid for me to do it myself...  Plus I can't be bothered dragging the Karcher out of the shed, running a hose through the house (terraced house with the outside tap at the back!) without letting my indoor cats get outdoors, and then wash the car, wax it in direct sunlight and put everything away again!! 

I'm very tempted just to use the "pay and spray" at the petrol station, but that never washes properly and I always end up with even more dirt stuck to the paint when I drive even a few miles.  There is a hand car wash locally so if I feel like spending £10-15 then I might go there... :mellow:

Otherwise I may well just leave it until next weekend and hope that the weather is a bit cooler then!!!

• Like 1

Yep - leave it. Sometimes there are better things to do than wash cars :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@jmurray01 I'd probably wait till it gets cooler. You'll easily get soap marks and water marks from the heat. I want to clean my car and try to remove that scratch left from that incident. 

Yep - leave it. Sometimes there are better things to do than wash cars :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Like take it for a good drive.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like spending an hour or so putting an IKEA wardrobe together, including the backboard, pulling it into the bedroom, pushing it into the space and realising that I've installed the middle section upside down! 

So, choices are, try and remove 30 or so ribbed nails and try and dismantle it enough to get the section turned around or get our joiner to bore new holes in the appropriate places for hinges and shelves. 

Awaiting p*ss-taking and, hopefully, advice esp from @Lenny 

The name of the wardrobe? 🙄

IMG_20190630_134612426.jpg

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like spending an hour or so putting an IKEA wardrobe together, including the backboard, pulling it into the bedroom, pushing it into the space and realising that I've installed the middle section upside down! 

So, choices are, try and remove 30 or so ribbed nails and try and dismantle it enough to get the section turned around or get our joiner to bore new holes in the appropriate places for hinges and shelves. 

Awaiting p*ss-taking and, hopefully, advice esp from @Lenny 

The name of the wardrobe?

IMG_20190630_134612426.jpg

Well matched on the sale there mate considering the outcome of the build 🤭 

Some of the instructions aren't very well explained though; as there designated to be multilingual theres very little text atall.

I'd try to remove the panel and get it turned around mate, 

If you have a length of wood like this: 

20190630_143948.thumb.jpg.69e73c560786273c567535d3dfa324b1.jpg

You could put it inside the wardrobe and tap it with a hammer;

20190630_144050.thumb.jpg.8da80f7a3007e91070737465b4754ab7.jpg

This way you can push out the rear panel without putting the hammer through it, like the movie "The Shining" 

download.jpeg.jpg.b85e935d5acc10b426567eea1ccd597e.jpg

• Thanks 1

Did you manage to get any of the centre backboard pins actually in the centre board?  I hate those damn things!! :laugh:

Easiest will definitely be swapping the centre board over though.  Getting hinge holes perfectly lined up won't be an easy task!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Did you manage to get any of the centre backboard pins actually in the centre board?  I hate those damn things!! :laugh:

Easiest will definitely be swapping the centre board over though.  Getting hinge holes perfectly lined up won't be an easy task!

Also I've noticed through chopping up an old wardrobe I've found that some of the panels have a denser packed internal filling than other sections; I found that out by the speed in which the jigsaw sliced through it, 

The support panels such as the base; are thicker compound inside; so fitting legs to what is supposed to be the roof may fall through 

• Like 1

@Lenny I tried to do that but the nails are ribbed so the backboard just rips leaving the nails in the wood!

@TomsFocus I got most of them in! They are a bit of a booger to get in straight! 👿

IMG_20190630_145421073.jpg

IMG_20190630_145343295.jpg

Just leave it and buy a new house 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't like that the BBMF Dakota was supposed to fly over today but didn't. 
I also don't like that there was no announcement from BBMF or the local show organisers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club