Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Just leave it and buy a new house 

A bit drastic! 😆

I was going to suggest getting a new bit of backboard 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

@Lenny I tried to do that but the nails are ribbed so the backboard just rips leaving the nails in the wood!

@TomsFocus I got most of them in! They are a bit of a booger to get in straight! 👿

IMG_20190630_145421073.jpg

IMG_20190630_145343295.jpg

I wonder if you can buy that rear board stuff anywhere?  Can't say I've seen it in B&Q or Wickes etc but there's obviously loads of it produced!

• Thanks 1

I thought this was a joke...Googled it when I got home and it turns out I should be adding moths to the huge list of bugs I'm already scared of... :unsure: :laugh:

IMG_20190630_153452540_HDR.thumb.jpg.a8fce21e871d8f39d71e3a3285e41fe0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

A bit drastic! 😆

I was going to suggest getting a new bit of backboard 🤔

Sorry that was the wife on my phone as shes blocked from the forum 😅

You could turn the existing board upside down and refit it, 

She dropped a section of our "PAX" wardrobe which split it as result; she then bought the replacement 

When somebody steals 1, just 1, of your metallic red valve caps. Seriously.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Darren-mk8 said:

why its a mad world

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

why its a mad world

Must be a unicylce 🤔 was the circus in town recently ?

20190702_182920.thumb.jpg.604437cb2fc700f15661a2b57b26572e.jpg

• Haha 2

I dont like setting up an eBay selling account 

Selling LOL Surprise dolls and accessories, 

I've found there very popular from listening to my own daughters, 

I found them selling on amazon for 7 GBP 

Yet on eBay there 11 GBP 

I sold three last weekend, all I need do was purchase from amazon when I sold one; cashing in on the price difference 🙆‍♂️

I'm not happy now amazon put them up to 15gbp so I've moved on to makita drills now 😂 

Some people are die hard eBay fans, pays me to shop on Amazon for them. 

Few taps on my phone and check prices, if price is higher when you sell then just refund the buyer and list somthing different.

😂Get your Makita's 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Could be worse. I accidentally scratched the car when going down a B road and not seeing a branch. Really hope it comes out. 

• Sad 1

I don't like having to tell our 18 year old son AGAIN! that corrugated cardboard does NOT get recycled along with the paper! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I don't like having to tell our 18 year old son AGAIN! that corrugated cardboard does NOT get recycled along with the paper! 

My wife goes mad when I put soft plastic in the recycle bin, but all the bins go inside the same truck; so If your son moves out and becomes a customer of the same bin company then he could still contaminate the collection 😛 

Yourself and my wife are relying on all customers to get it right; if you get me meaning 

• Like 1

I dont like not being able to source a H4 piggy back high beam auxiliary output wiring kit for an LED light bar. 

Online from anywhere in the UK 

Meaning I have to wait 2-3 weeks for one to arrive from china,

The kit takes an exiting factory H4 headlight loom plug which you would normally put in the bulb and provides a replacement H4 plug for the headlight bulb.

It then provides a positive & negative feed for you to wire to a light bar, which are only live when you turn on the full beam headlight lights using the factory stalk as normal.

Makes it very easy to install a light bar or additional lighting without stripping factory wires or sourcing feeds.

I can get everything within the uk except the H4 plug&play loom.

Gotta wait now 🤷‍♂️ load of 🐔

The swine [emoji6]
There goes the last of the ice caps [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

@Lenny you need to send pictures when that is done on the yaris. 

• Haha 1

1090b770b0ca42ed4f1649f26551d652.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

The swine emoji6.png
There goes the last of the ice caps emoji57.png

source.gif.7295fcbb3b949e07f113d4d6c8507ef8.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

The swine emoji6.png
There goes the last of the ice caps emoji57.png

Good job you don't see what out council does with our recycling then!! Some of it goes straight in landfill. We had a fire last year at the landfill and one of the firemen I know commented on the fire was mainly recycled rubbish in with the normal black bags. Took days to put the fire out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny you need to send pictures when that is done on the yaris. 

Will do mate, 

I'm really looking forward to it cant wait to see his face when I pass over the box of equipment, stretched out the trolley for some osram chrome indicator bulbs and led parking lights along with the Philips headlight bulbs you recommend,

Will be worth it when complete 😂 216w LED @ 6000 Kelvin from the bar alone but only active along with the standard full beam headlights, 

You dont want to flash this guy accidentally 

• Like 1

Why would you finance a cheap Peugeot 107 

Screenshot_20190704-102651.png

I don't like the driver of this Mercedes-Vito van:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hozelock 25m hose reel and hose...............i hate............its a dam pain and put a topic on General.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:31 PM, Turvey said:

Wait...  Where does it go then? :unsure:  It's fine in our mixed recycling bins...I think...  The only card we shouldn't put in is greasy card like takeway pizza boxes.  I have only recently found out I should be doing more with plastic bottles though, apparently some handwash/spray pumps can't be recycled so should be removed and placed in the normal rubbish.  And the  thin plastic label around toilet cleaner and other bottles should also be removed and placed in the normal bin...  Why can't they just print straight onto the plastic so there's less end of life hassle? 😮  I have also wondered if a handwash pump would still be attached at the sorting station by the time it's been squashed in the back of the truck with presumably tonnes of force?

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:58 PM, iantt said:

Good job you don't see what out council does with our recycling then!! Some of it goes straight in landfill. We had a fire last year at the landfill and one of the firemen I know commented on the fire was mainly recycled rubbish in with the normal black bags. Took days to put the fire out. 

When I was sorting through Nans hoard after she had to be quickly moved into semi-sheltered accommodation I spent ages separating rubbish from recyclables...the bin man arrived and noticed both bins were full so emptied both into the refuse truck. :rolleyes:  Did make me wonder how much never gets recycled at the time.  Although we don't use landfill for household waste any more, we've got an incinerator that creates electricity from rubbish so at least it's not just dumped!

22 hours ago, zain611 said:

Why would you finance a cheap Peugeot 107 

Screenshot_20190704-102651.png

Tbf, some people are on such a low income they can only afford to drive using finance.  Always makes me laugh when people pay their £30 tax monthly though!! :laugh: 

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Hozelock 25m hose reel and hose...............i hate............its a dam pain and put a topic on General.

I really need to sort a new hose for Nans hose...more seems to come out of the tap fitting and reel connectors than the spray... :rolleyes:  Though loosing ~5pence of water once every couple of weeks is obviously much cheaper than replacing the hose reel.  I think the outdoor tap needs replacing as well tbh, not sure I dare do that though, rather leave it to someone else lol.

6 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't like the driver of this Mercedes-Vito van:

The fact they stayed in the right hand lane permanently is a good sign they were going to do something like that eventually...either ignorant or oblivious...or both.  We've even got radio adverts telling people to keep left now, as if it wasn't part of the driving test! 😮 

I've seen a big increase in accidents in the local area over the last few weeks despite pretty much perfect road conditions...if there was torrential rain and floods I'd get it, but it's warm and dry...honestly don't understand what's going on!

PS - Nice mist jets! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

I really need to sort a new hose for Nans hose...more seems to come out of the tap fitting and reel connectors than the spray... :rolleyes:  Though loosing ~5pence of water once every couple of weeks is obviously much cheaper than replacing the hose reel.  I think the outdoor tap needs replacing as well tbh, not sure I dare do that though, rather leave it to someone else lol.
Although hozelock is one of the best there is a fault on a lot of them where if your water pressure is high the hose can't stand being turned and with high pressure it pops off,put a jubilee clip over the click connection so it don't un-click if it works but ordered a brass converter 5,/8'' to 3/4" so I have a standard size.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club