Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like almost being ploughed into on a roundabout today by a Toyota. The approach to the roundabout has 2 lanes which are clearly marked as left turn and ahead or right. Said Toyota was in the left lane and as I moved onto the roundabout, it veered across the road markings into the single lane where I was. Luckily I managed to stop and blasted the horn at the driver who seemed completely oblivious to the fact that he was a) in the wrong lane b) had contravened the hatch markings signifying there was no lane there and c) forced another motorist to brake sharply and move across to avoid collision (I have it on dashcam). 

Then when coming home on a different stretch of road, I was in the right lane to turn off the main road and had a Royal Mail van behind. There was oncoming traffic so deemed it unsafe to cross the path yet the van driver decided to go for it from behind me (again caught on dashcam). 

There's some right planks on the road these days who seem to think the rules of the road and highway code don't apply to them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Would a migraine cause a tingly arm?  I don't remember any particular headache at the same time.  I do often get headaches but they're not usually that bad and are often after a bad IBS episode so likely due to the dehydration or a loss of salt/vitamins etc.

I was thinking it's more likely due to low blood sugar.  I didn't have anything sugary at home to boost the sugar levels (I try to avoid sugar & fat as much as possible so don't buy it) and obviously wasn't in a position to nip to the shop but just about managed to get a slice of bread and glass of water down but even after that it still took ages for the symptoms to subside. 

Alternatively I wondered about low blood pressure, weirdly it's never been tested despite chronic fatigue and dizzy/lightheadedness most evenings.  I can't cope with needles but I think I'd be able to cope with a pressure cuff, as long as the word 'blood; wasn't mentioned anyway lol!  I have to get up very slowly and walk with a wide stance and steady myself against door frames etc in the evening, and can't focus enough to read a phone screen which is why I rarely post on here after 8pm if anyone's noticed that lol.  The fuzzy, wobblyness also happens when I go out though, pretty much regardless of when and where (although worse indoors and in crowds)...but that's been diagnosed as part of agoraphobia... 

In short yes it can, I had a few "bad ones" like that.  One in particular felt exactly like a stroke (the whole left hand side of my body went numb and I lost all vision in my left eye for 3-4 hours) and to this day I'm unsure whether or not it might have been a TIA, but as I never got checked out afterwards (which was stupid) I can't be sure.

• Thanks 1

I don't like the amount of idiots driving in thick fog both this morning and tonight without even their sidelights on!!

@TomsFocus I get migraines a lot as a hereditary thing, and I get tingles all over and loss of vision in one eye. Quite frightening at times but it does pass!

• Thanks 1

I liked seeing this plate yesterday. Gave an offer of £600 and got a call from the plate company saying the highest the plate seller rejected was £680 so asked what about £700-720. The later called the owner then rang back saying the owner now decided they want to keep the plate 😢. Would of been a nice graduation gift to myself 😅Screenshot_20190711-200653.thumb.png.9129a6dd01921a0a38d884f035684a56.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

In short yes it can, I had a few "bad ones" like that.  One in particular felt exactly like a stroke (the whole left hand side of my body went numb and I lost all vision in my left eye for 3-4 hours) and to this day I'm unsure whether or not it might have been a TIA, but as I never got checked out afterwards (which was stupid) I can't be sure.

10 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

@TomsFocus I get migraines a lot as a hereditary thing, and I get tingles all over and loss of vision in one eye. Quite frightening at times but it does pass!

Thanks guys.  Maybe it was a migraine then!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I liked seeing this plate yesterday. Gave an offer of £600 and got a call from the plate company saying the highest the plate seller rejected was £680 so asked what about £700-720. The later called the owner then rang back saying the owner now decided they want to keep the plate 😢. Would of been a nice graduation gift to myself 😅Screenshot_20190711-200653.thumb.png.9129a6dd01921a0a38d884f035684a56.png

Plate owner put the price up to £990 🤬

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Plate owner put the price up to £990 🤬

It's a shame you've got a common name...I'd imagine any KHN plate will be in demand, the more people that want it the higher price they can ask... :sad: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's a shame you've got a common name...I'd imagine any KHN plate will be in demand, the more people that want it the higher price they can ask... :sad: 

The khn is popular as the lady on the phone had told me. Its just the X21 kind of says my name. 

Its hard finding a plate with my first name in it. Those that have it are expensive 

Screenshot_20190709-114538.png

• Sad 1

I don't like that the conifer trees in the garden of the house behind me now stand at 20ft or more. This blocks and restricts my view of the sky and I like taking photos of the night sky and moon. I can see the moon sometimes but it is often low so the tops of the trees block me from getting decent photos of it. 

• Like 1

@Nick Y are you not able to have a friendly chat with the neighbours to trim them back down a bit? If they are worried about you looking into their garden then even trimming them back to 12ft would be plenty of height to separate the two gardens.

Tbh Zico, these aren't the kind of neighbours you can talk to. They objected to the flats being built where they are and so planted the trees to stop the 2 flats being able to see into their garden. 
The only time I have ever had contact with said neighbour is when I found him outside my door lifting the drain covers to find a blockage in the drain. Apparently it was causing issues in his house which is over 100ft away but shares the same disposal pipe to the main sewer. 
I think one of his kids had blocked it because when the drain guy came he found a small plant in there which still had the shape of the plastic container around it (no plastic though). 

He overstepped his mark I think because he had no right to be on my property or to be lifting manhole covers on my property. 

• Sad 1

I don't like getting up this morning and opening my bedroom curtains to see the Passat covered in bird crap again, only 1 week after I got it valeted!! :angry:

Given it is "splattered" all over the bonnet and wing I suspect a pigeon is the culprit rather than a gull, but either way I'd quite happily shoot the thing if I saw it.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like getting up this morning and opening my bedroom curtains to see the Passat covered in bird crap again, only 1 week after I got it valeted!! :angry:

Given it is "splattered" all over the bonnet and wing I suspect a pigeon is the culprit rather than a gull, but either way I'd quite happily shoot the thing if I saw it.

Pop up gazebo might help, 

Birds can actually take a disliking to a person or vehicle and purposely poo on if consistently as a demonstration of disrespect, 

Perhaps try feeding them; if you want to kill them feed garlic bread as it creates white cells in ghd blood which birds cant handle too many 

Alternatively...

823c2a83f29ac32e49ae3413821b5500.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, Lenny said:

Pop up gazebo might help, 

Birds can actually take a disliking to a person or vehicle and purposely ***** on if consistently as a demonstration of disrespect, 

Perhaps try feeding them; if you want to kill them feed garlic bread as it creates white cells in ghd blood which birds cant handle too many 

That might not be a bad idea actually. 

Well I did kill a pigeon a few months ago when it flew in front of my car, so maybe they are out for revenge...  If I don't post for a while then maybe somebody had better check my house to see if I'm lying dead with my eyes pecked out like in "The Birds"!! :ohmy:

• Haha 3

Just now, jmurray01 said:

That might not be a bad idea actually. 

Well I did kill a pigeon a few months ago when it flew in front of my car, so maybe they are out for revenge...  If I don't post for a while then maybe somebody had better check my house to see if I'm lying dead with my eyes pecked out like in "The Birds"!! :ohmy:

I accidentally killed a fat pigeon few months ago while driving on the motorway;

If flew across the road at an upward angle but couldn't get any higher; as result its head has dented my bonnet followed by a skid mark cocktail of excrement and all other body fluids like a racing stripe up the centre of the bonnet and windscreen followed by a spectacular array of feathers in my rear view mirror got me searching spotify for Katy Perry while driving the remainder of the journey home.

The shape of his skull is still in my bonnet and starting to rust now. 

I'll edit with picture later 

This has really made me mad but cant do a thing now being 3 years but never knew.

2016 may i had a MSI Laptop and cost me a bit which was listed that it had 128gb SSD and a 1 Tig HDD but never took any notice and didn't know to be honest what SSD was,im ok on p.c's and have taken them apart and do know a bit about stuff on them but never thought to look.

Yes no SSD at all as stripped it down just and slot is there but nothing there and i have taken pictures of the inside of everything and also it was brought off amazon by what i can see a firm that makes Gaming laptops so i was done big time,also noticed 2 screws missing under the laptop and 1 was floating about inside and was jammed b the HDD.

@jace1969 did you purchase the laptop from amazon or on the Marketplace? It's definitely worth contacting whomever you purchased the laptop from if you've still got your original invoice and spec.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

This has really made me mad but cant do a thing now being 3 years but never knew.

2016 may i had a MSI Laptop and cost me a bit which was listed that it had 128gb SSD and a 1 Tig HDD but never took any notice and didn't know to be honest what SSD was,im ok on p.c's and have taken them apart and do know a bit about stuff on them but never thought to look.

Yes no SSD at all as stripped it down just and slot is there but nothing there and i have taken pictures of the inside of everything and also it was brought off Amazon by what i can see a firm that makes Gaming laptops so i was done big time,also noticed 2 screws missing under the laptop and 1 was floating about inside and was jammed b the HDD.

You should have been able to see the SSD as a device under the file explorer system on Windows (similar to when you plug in a USB file stick, SD card or external device). 
Also, I know that some HDDs are called hybrids. They are a standard HDD but they also have a secondary device in the casing which is the SSD. 

Could you not check their website using your serial number to verify what it should have had installed?

7 hours ago, Nick Y said:
You should have been able to see the SSD as a device under the file explorer system on Windows (similar to when you plug in a USB file stick, SD card or external device). 
Also, I know that some HDDs are called hybrids. They are a standard HDD but they also have a secondary device in the casing which is the SSD. 

Could you not check their website using your serial number to verify what it should have had installed?

I looked back at the old amazon sale and states it should of had 128gb.
I know I should of looked into it more when I had it and nothing comes up and 100% it's a normal HDD has taken pics of all the stuff,my fault for not paying attention to detail but I just trusted it being from amazon and never thought about it,I will add 2 pics showing the slot where it should be inside and the standard HDD when I get round to it.

When i went on a IT course you are going back a good 20 to 25 years it was just HDD and stripping them down and all the RAM/Processor and stuff but now its all changed,i know how they work and install stuff but a bit out of date on stuff so SSD was something i didnt know the true meaning of but its made me mad.

Pics below,see where the SSD should be the arrow and slot and 1 screw to hold it and my normal Hdd.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

20190714_193000.jpg

20190714_192405.jpg

I don't like getting a phone call from Mrs Turvey this afternoon! We got an oil delivery around dinner time and for some reason she went out after the truck had left to check levels. She discovered that there was a leak coming from somewhere! 

I got her to turn off the boiler and the tap on the tank, put a basin under the leak and to phone the local heating engineer who lives 2 minutes away.

I got home from work at 4pm, engineer hadn't been so I had a look. Turns out the nut behind the tap for the sight glass was loose. Just needed a halfturn to stop the drip. 

At 62p a litre I'm pretty glad it was spotted. 

IMG_20190717_175102989_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

@Turvey good catch by the wife there.

We're on oil here as at the time of building and moving into the house the next-door farmer (who detested the fact we bought the pre-fab house and land) actively went out of his way to stop us doing anything and refused permission for a gas supply to be run down the shared access track. After having to replace the boiler a couple of years ago (at ~£2500 from what I recall) we made another enquiry about getting a gas supply and received a quote of ~£6000 from SGN.

Currently quoted 46.82ppl (ex. vat) for a 2000L order of oil here (delivery by 31st July).

• Like 1

Not really a don't like this one...more of a minor annoyance lol...  Basically my Nan insists on putting about 20kgs of stuff on a kitchen cupboard shelf and then complains that the shelf has collapsed pretty much every week... :rolleyes:  :laugh:  Tbf it's not all her fault, she can't bend so puts light stuff on the bottom with a grabber and places heavy stuff on the shelf, opposite to what most of us would do!  She has finally broken all of the plastic fittings on it now so I'm trying to think of the cheapest, most effective way to strengthen the shelf so it can take the weight and wont collapse again.  It's just the standard veneer covered chipboard of a fitted kitchen so I'm very aware of just ripping out lumps of chipboard with screws which wont be helpful.  My best idea so far is to screw a small (10mm square?) batten along each side of the cupboard, using 4 screws per side, for the shelf to sit on.  Would that be adequate?  Is there a certain type or length of screw I should use?  I will be checking builders skips this week to hopefully source a small amount of batten for free if there aren't any better suggestions lol...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club