Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I'm starting to have a hatred to white Mercedes E classes 😂. It's just since that time I saw one cut across from the left lane onto the right to get in the lane on the roundabout then cutting from right to left lane at a set of lights to get straight across. God I think I need to report bad drivers to the met. 

Just now after coming home from shopping I saw one pull up to the house at the end of my road. The house there has some odd people but find it funny how some people come in these fancy cars there. 

• Like 1

Before July I've never had a problem with customs officials and only three times have I ever been charged import tax in seventeen years of importing internet purchases.

The issue now is not about import tax, 

Its about the length of time in which they are holding on to a delivery which I've purchased on eBay shipping from Shanghai 

Tracking shows: 

577121077_Screenshot_20190727-090233_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a0d10da3e7970502b7d625164540fba0.jpg

The package arrived in Dublin Airport on the 12th July and its been in customs ever since then 🤷‍♂️ 

The delivery ordered on 4th July is quite special it's a pre-built wiring harness for fitting a light bar to a vehicle without having to splice in to any cables.

20190727_095934.thumb.jpg.aa9be96726031e57a2d72e1faf8086e5.jpg

It has two cables which go directly to the battery; then a 40amp relay, followed by a H4 Male-female loom piece which you unplug the original from the bulb; plug in to this loom then plug the loom in to the original bulb, 

The new loom then provides a Positive and negative output for you to fit to a light bar, 

The light bar then becomes active along with your high beam lights, theres also a rocker switch to allow you disable the light bar completely.

This loom which I purchased through Ebay; is the final piece that I'm waiting on in order to fit a light bar to my mates mk1 Toyota yaris as discussed in a thread here: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/109160-h4-led-upgrade-advice-please/

Thankfully I did order the exact same item from another supplier on amazon on the 4th July; the same day of purchasing the one from eBay to ensure atleast one would arrive as it saves me alot of time when installing the light bar.

which thankfully it did arrive last Wednesday through a uk address service operated by the irish post service; they provide a uk address which you can have items sent to then forward on to your home for a small fee. 

That loom arrived last Wednesday 👍

20190725_171339.thumb.jpg.8ff66268481b4ce2331003d966802844.jpg

Which means I can proceed with installation when my mate is available to have it fitted, 

I will then sell the second loom myself as there not available to purchase within Europe and took three weeks to get the one I currently hold. 

Yet the arrival of one before the other; has contributed to my frustration as there is no issue with the delivery of such item just the customs themselves.

Thought I'd post as some may have experienced similar 

@Lenny was actually wondering about that project. Ever since you said your doing the headlights on the yaris I keep my eye out for yarisis and how their headlights look. A lot of their headlights look exactly the same as your friends one. I even look at mk6 fiestas headlights and even several that I've seen have hazy headlights. 

15 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Here too. Had plenty of rain, thunder, lightning last night but still more to come the forecasters promise.

I've found the car wilting a bit too. The plastic moulding below the screen (after all these years don't know the correct term for it 😀 but it incorporates the scuttle drain area, heater plenum etc) has been expanding so much in the heat the upper edge keeps popping out of it's position just below the bottom edge of the windscreen!

Blimey!  I did wonder how hot it would have to get before the interior plastics started softening yesterday.  I couldn't touch the top quarter of the steering wheel or the 'numbers' insert on the gearknob yesterday for several minutes after getting in.  It didn't seem to affect anything else though, thought the electronics, especially the infotainment system, might have struggled with it but seemed fine.  

We also had that amazing lightening storm but without much temperature decrease on Thursday night!  Last night we had a lot more rain and the temp dropped outside to around 20c though, still didn't drop below 30c inside but is now coming down.  Still raining now but no wind about so I've got the door open to try and swap some of this hot air for the cooler stuff from outside!  Down to 27c inside...

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Blimey!  I did wonder how hot it would have to get before the interior plastics started softening yesterday.  I couldn't touch the top quarter of the steering wheel or the 'numbers' insert on the gearknob yesterday for several minutes after getting in.  It didn't seem to affect anything else though, thought the electronics, especially the infotainment system, might have struggled with it but seemed fine.  

We also had that amazing lightening storm but without much temperature decrease on Thursday night!  Last night we had a lot more rain and the temp dropped outside to around 20c though, still didn't drop below 30c inside but is now coming down.  Still raining now but no wind about so I've got the door open to try and swap some of this hot air for the cooler stuff from outside!  Down to 27c inside...

Seems cooler and normal today. My grandad recently got a volvo S60 2 litre turbo as he had an accident in his Ford focus and wanted to change. There was a little chip on the windscreen and during this heat the crack spreaded more creating a U. Do want to restore his headlights as there are faded. He paid £20 for his friend mechanic to do it but he did half the job 😂

14 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Seems cooler and normal today. My grandad recently got a volvo S60 2 litre turbo as he had an accident in his Ford focus and wanted to change. There was a little chip on the windscreen and during this heat the crack spreaded more creating a U. Do want to restore his headlights as there are faded. He paid £20 for his friend mechanic to do it but he did half the job 😂

Whoops!  Hopefully he's got windscreen cover on his car insurance?  Should only cost around £75 if so!  :biggrin: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Whoops!  Hopefully he's got windscreen cover on his car insurance?  Should only cost around £75 if so!  :biggrin: 

I think my mum sorted it out as I saw a email from autoglass about it. Really want to restore his headlights since I got confidence doing my own ones 

• Like 1

20190727_110636.thumb.jpg.464e28bb127d3992343d743c5c4addac.jpg

😂Beagles are the worst guard dogs ever 

Lazy pup 

Lifted him up on sofa then he rolls in to the slope between two cushions and falls asleep;

Also producing some proper horrible silent but deadly vomit inducing farts 🤢

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Charcoal biscuits will stop the 'wind' problem.

He's sleeping a lot because he's saving energy for a growing spurt. [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, Stoney871 said:

The Met and us 'County Mounties' don't get on too well.

Are they struck with a superiority complex by chance? 🤔😄

• Like 1

Are they struck with a superiority complex by chance? [emoji848][emoji1]
Un peu [emoji6]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Un peu emoji6.png

I had to Google it 😆

• Like 2

naturellement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t like my MPG going down after a spark plug change, wondering if they used crap plugs or aren’t gapped properly.

EDIT:

Seems to be climbing back to normal again now. Maybe just a random  blip?

I don't like having to leave the Passat with my local mechanic today after the coolant warning coming on whilst driving through town, thanks to (I suspect) the lower radiator hose leaking!!  Yay, plus when I tried to open the bonnet to top it up the bonnet catch had stuck. 

It really wasn't my day today...

Thankfully my mother's Citroen AX is running fine so I have borrowed that for the time being.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Don’t like my MPG going down after a spark plug change, wondering if they used crap plugs or aren’t gapped properly.

EDIT:

Seems to be climbing back to normal again now. Maybe just a random  blip?

Was the battery disconnected for the plug change?  If so, that would reset the MPG counter and possibly also the ECU.  It'll be fine after a short while. :smile: 

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like having to leave the Passat with my local mechanic today after the coolant warning coming on whilst driving through town, thanks to (I suspect) the lower radiator hose leaking!!  Yay, plus when I tried to open the bonnet to top it up the bonnet catch had stuck. 

It really wasn't my day today...

Thankfully my mother's Citroen AX is running fine so I have borrowed that for the time being.

Did you ever sort the battery issue on the AX?  It was definitely an odd issue.  At least a radiator hose is easy to diagnose!

The awkward moment when you can't handle 100bhp at 20mph... :rolleyes:  

On a serious note though, this is exactly the kind of behaviour that has ruined modified cars and car meets for the rest of us.  We're all tarred with the same anti social, dangerous a**ehole brush because of stunts like this.  I've been to plenty of static events over the years where most people do just want to park up and look at each others cars, discuss mods etc...and will defend young car enthusiasts because of that....but clearly there is no defending the above.  What makes it worse is the guy that crashed is the organiser of the meet... 🤦‍♂️  You'd think people might give it a bit more thought after the recent Stevenage incident as well...

• Like 3

I don't like posting today's view when having lunch in the wrong thread! 🙄 😎

We're away for a few days to a caravan in Evanton, stopped for a bite in Helmsdale. 

IMG_20190728_132055752_HDR.jpgspan widget

Edited by Turvey
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do like today's view when having lunch [emoji41]

We're away for a few days to a caravan in Evanton, stopped for a bite in Helmsdale. 
IMG_20190728_132055752_HDR.thumb.jpg.97860e62eba501e2cd8a0044697ae336.jpg
That looks very civilised.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@TomsFocus looks like a white mk6 fiesta to me. That is one reason like you said which ruins the car scene but generally how these guys drive on the road especially having consideration to other road users I think can be another or possibly big factor.

You probably remember me saying also about hearing cars at midnight revving their engines and sounded like burnouts or drifting. Also do hear some people late night flooring it with their loud exhausts down the main road. Really feel sorry for people living on the main road. 

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Was the battery disconnected for the plug change?  If so, that would reset the MPG counter and possibly also the ECU.  It'll be fine after a short while. :smile: 

Did you ever sort the battery issue on the AX?  It was definitely an odd issue.  At least a radiator hose is easy to diagnose!

No I didn't, but it seems to be fine again...  Very strange, it's one of those things I'm hesitant to start taking things apart in case I make it worse!! :laughing:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus looks like a white mk6 fiesta to me. That is one reason like you said which ruins the car scene but generally how these guys drive on the road especially having consideration to other road users I think can be another or possibly big factor.

You probably remember me saying also about hearing cars at midnight revving their engines and sounded like burnouts or drifting. Also do hear some people late night flooring it with their loud exhausts down the main road. Really feel sorry for people living on the main road. 

Yeah it's a Mk6, silver Zetec S...it was pretty clean before that... :rolleyes:   

It's surprising how far noise travels, I hear the occasional loud exhaust and drift but not enough to bother me.  The Banger Racing track over a mile away makes more noise tbh, I feel sorry for anyone living right next to it lol.

• Like 1

@TomsFocus Yeah forgot about that, all good again 👌. Always just worries me slightly 😂.

• Like 1

Some of you may remember I posted about switching to laundry liquid from laundry powder a few weeks ago...  Well I've finally finished my mammoth box of powder so onto the liquid...  However I've just realised the liquid dosing ball probably cant take the heat of the dryer...  I've got a washer/dryer combi that does the whole thing in one cycle. :unsure:  Not sure whether to put some directly into the drum or into the drawer...anyone know? 

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Some of you may remember I posted about switching to laundry liquid from laundry powder a few weeks ago...  Well I've finally finished my mammoth box of powder so onto the liquid...  However I've just realised the liquid dosing ball probably cant take the heat of the dryer...  I've got a washer/dryer combi that does the whole thing in one cycle. :unsure:  Not sure whether to put some directly into the drum or into the drawer...anyone know? 

It usually says on the back of the pack for the liquid the dosing ball must be removed before a drying cycle.

How runny is the liquid? I.e. it's liquid and not gel? If it's as runny as fabric softener it should be able to go in the drawer ok. You might find the liquid doesn't get distriuted properly or just ends of all going out the bottom of the drum if you just chuck liquid straight in to the drum.

Does your machine not have the option to stop between wash and dry so you can remove the ball? Or do you need to be able to just set and forget.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club