Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I just find it funny the position of the toy after it's head is ripped off 😂🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

I just find it funny the position of the toy after it's head is ripped off 😂🤣

It is quite an assuming position ☺️ suppose he may try something different with it when he's older 😯😧😳

It doesn't bend or change position or anything its filled with sand or something on the base weighs around 4kg bought in a furniture shop down town to stop the door handle from going in to the wall when door is opened. 

• Haha 1

They couldn't say for certain that it is a hairline fracture, just that was the most likely diagnosis. @Lenny I'm not sure what painkillers I was on, I'm off them now as the pain isn't too bad but like you say it does make life rather difficult atm but should be able to do most things again fairly soon. @zain611 It was on an inflatable water course at Thorpe Park, landed on it awkwardly but the adrenaline made me not realise it was too bad until after I got home.

• Like 2

People who insist it's lunch and dinner when it should be dinner and tea 🤪

1 hour ago, Baild said:

People who insist it's lunch and dinner when it should be dinner and tea 🤪

Country people do that alot and they call tea; supper 

• Like 1

In my job standard meal times and names mean nothing.
I just eat when I need to and it is just simply called "scran time" or "refs". [emoji488][emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I don't like being bedded pretty much all day with a stomach flu...  Here's hoping I feel better tomorrow as I can't afford to take another sick day :unsure:

• Sad 3

Does anyone know of a free GED file viewer (and ideally editor) programme that won't be a virus?  Was watching 'Who Do You Think You Are' on Monday and remembered just how long it'd been since I'd listened to any M People... :laugh:  But also remembered I'd been emailed a family tree by a relative over 6 years ago and never did open it...I've found it in the email archives but can't seem to open it.  Tried 'Gramps' which didn't work properly.  Any others?

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Does anyone know of a free GED file viewer (and ideally editor) programme that won't be a virus?  Was watching 'Who Do You Think You Are' on Monday and remembered just how long it'd been since I'd listened to any M People... :laugh:  But also remembered I'd been emailed a family tree by a relative over 6 years ago and never did open it...I've found it in the email archives but can't seem to open it.  Tried 'Gramps' which didn't work properly.  Any others?

Open source is usually a good place to start when looking for safe free software:

https://sourceforge.net/directory/home-education/genealogy/os:windows/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Open source is usually a good place to start when looking for safe free software:

https://sourceforge.net/directory/home-education/genealogy/os:windows/

Thanks Alex.  I've tried a couple of those but still not working properly unfortunately.  I reckon it was originally made in one of the paid-for ones like Ancestry.com.  🤔

Edit - Whoops, GEDKeeper is working fine, just wasn't very intuitive!  Hopefully that's sorted now. :smile: 

• Like 2

I don't like the a-hole in the Ford Transit who tailgated me on the way home from work this evening. The twit overtook me and another car in front but got absolutely nowhere when I caught up with him as I got to the outskirts of town.

I also don't like working late, getting back home then falling asleep fully dressed in bed. Guess that I'll be off now otherwise I won't get to sleep again and be up all night 😴

I don't like that my ISP (internet provider) is putting their price up yet again. That will be the second time in less than a year they have put their prices up (I thought they were only allowed to do it once a year) and it will be the third time in 18 months that it will have risen. Each time it has been roughly the same amount (£3.50 doesn't seem like much but it does make a huge difference when you have a low income or are on disability). 
The problem I have is that I don't have a choice in providers because the landlord won't allow a satellite dish on the property for Sky and there is no BT line into the property (the main cable is there but it is not wired from the wall into the property). To have a BT or other landline installed it would cost £150 so I'm stuck with cable. 

I don't have an issue with cable as in the 8 years I've had the service, there has only been a few outages and service faults. 

I hate people who speed up towards mini-roundabouts and then toot you even though you pulled out when they were miles up the road, honestly don’t get it 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I hate people who speed up towards mini-roundabouts and then toot you even though you pulled out when they were miles up the road, honestly don’t get it 🤷‍♂️

Just today I had someone in a 2019 corsa quickly decide to go in the left lane just before the lights to undertake me and a astra in front. The astra driver went in the middle of the road to stop him undertaking him just when the lanes merged 😏. Only got one car in front. I then was behind the corsa driver seeing him trying to overtake a truck on an industrial estate. A car pulled out not too far from him and taking time to speed up and again seeing him looking to overtake. This time in my life I was actually amused than angry on a bad driver 😂

Did get my insurance updated and now can drive with the new plates. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Just today I had someone in a 2019 corsa quickly decide to go in the left lane just before the lights to undertake me and a astra in front. The astra driver went in the middle of the road to stop him undertaking him just when the lanes merged 😏. Only got one car in front. I then was behind the corsa driver seeing him trying to overtake a truck on an industrial estate. A car pulled out not too far from him and taking time to speed up and again seeing him looking to overtake. This time in my life I was actually amused than angry on a bad driver 😂

Did get my insurance updated and now can drive with the new plates. 

Muppets 🙄

• Like 1

Thought of you when I heard this today. 
It's a sad day indeed for Officers across the whole country.
Only married for 4 weeks and not even had time for the honeymoon.
Let's see how Boris's stance on stiffer sentencing stands up now.

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

It's a sad day indeed for Officers across the whole country.
Only married for 4 weeks and not even had time for the honeymoon.
Let's see how Boris's stance on stiffer sentencing stands up now.

Heard about that. Really angers me how low people can be. Heard a 14 year old was arrested in relation to it. 

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Muppets 🙄

In my area there was a post put up to report dangerous driving on a certain dual carriageway. The website shown says any dangerous driving can be reported there by dash cam. Will keep that in mind when I see anything. 

25 minutes ago, zain611 said:

In my area there was a post put up to report dangerous driving on a certain dual carriageway. The website shown says any dangerous driving can be reported there by dash cam. Will keep that in mind when I see anything. 

Nearly ran over a cyclist just now, dressed in all black, no lights and headphones in just careering across a roundabout.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Nearly ran over a cyclist just now, dressed in all black, no lights and headphones in just careering across a roundabout.

I won't blame you for that. I once was pulling out onto a slip road to turn right. Looked both ways and pulled out. When I looked left again I saw a guy dressed black on his moped. He stopped for me and I gave my hand up as a sorry plus 2 flashes of my hazard. It happens and its kind of easy to tell or sense when you come across a deliberately bad driver. 

Nearly hit the garage door after starting the car whilst it was in first gear and handbrake down 😥. Still shaken up from it. Yesterday changed the wheels over and took the spare wheel off finally and had to change put the car in gear with the handbrake down. In the morning I just put the key in the ignition from the window and started. Jerked forward and close to hitting the door. 

Can starting the car like that (in gear clutch already up) good for it? Don't know if I'm hearing a weird noise or it's just me and the surroundings. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Nearly hit the garage door after starting the car whilst it was in first gear and handbrake down 😥. Still shaken up from it. Yesterday changed the wheels over and took the spare wheel off finally and had to change put the car in gear with the handbrake down. In the morning I just put the key in the ignition from the window and started. Jerked forward and close to hitting the door. 

Can starting the car like that (in gear clutch already up) good for it? Don't know if I'm hearing a weird noise or it's just me and the surroundings. 

It'll be fine, just a bit of extra strain on the battery/starter motor, might have taken a couple of starts off of it's life...nothing in comparison to how long they last. :smile:   You were lucky though, I know of at least 5 people that have hit their garage or house, causing significant damage, doing exactly that!!  :sad: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club