Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

:smile:   You were lucky though, I know of at least 5 people that have hit their garage or house, causing significant damage, doing exactly that!!  :sad: 

And that is why I always start cars, trucks etc with clutch down. A habit I have had since even before I sat my test. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Turvey said:

And that is why I always start cars, trucks etc with clutch down.

Yes, me too. Mind you, on most cars nowadays you have to press the clutch (or have your foot on the brake if automatic) to start them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

And that is why I always start cars, trucks etc with clutch down. A habit I have had since even before I sat my test. 

Yeah same here but what I did was put the key in the ignition whilst standing outside as the window was down did pull me a little forward as well 😄. I think with the clutch down it helps a little bit for the engine to start as there isn't extra energy needed as the gearbox isn't connected to the engine. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

Me too, although only since buying a diesel Golf as a 4th car and worrying about DMF wear.  I didn't with the first few petrols.

It was never mentioned when I was learning and I didn't have any driving experience prior to that, was just told to give the knob a wobble first! 

Made myself look a right fool on work experience at a garage when I was asked to start an auto 'erm, I think it's in gear'... :laugh: That was shortly before being asked to apply the handbrake while up on the MOT ramp...'you sure that's fully on?'...'yeah, it's all the way down'. :whistling:. Once I'd worked out how to put it on...I of course couldn't get it off, no one told me it needed a slight pull up first! :lol:

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

😄I think with the clutch down it helps a little bit for the engine to start as there isn't extra energy needed as the gearbox isn't connected to the engine. 

That statement reminded me of my early driving experiences, cheap cars, crap batteries etc so depressing the clutch could have been the difference between a car starting or not! 

• Like 1

My Google account.went on there a few weeks ago to view the activity and seen a 0ne plus/one plus 5 on the log in and don't have one and all others are correct.

Changed password and just checked and there again, its not active and not been active since 1 august but the thing is i check the i.p  address and it's mine.

I changed the password the same day so either i changed it after 5.30 on the night or it's been logged in again,weird.

@TomsFocus Was just searching up runination. There's rumination syndrome which is completely different referring to unintentionally spitting out food from the stomach. The phychological meaning really does relate to what happens with me. I did have a good day yesterday though with one of my uncles travelling around to my local fish shops. Did occupy me. Its just as I'm off on holiday I just have a lot of time to sit down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus Was just searching up runination. There's rumination syndrome which is completely different referring to unintentionally spitting out food from the stomach. The phychological meaning really does relate to what happens with me. I did have a good day yesterday though with one of my uncles travelling around to my local fish shops. Did occupy me. Its just as I'm off on holiday I just have a lot of time to sit down. 

Lol, had never heard of rumination syndrome, I wonder how two very different things ended up with the same name!  

How many more weeks of holiday have you got left now?  I did something interesting on Saturday evening after a really rough couple of days, went to a fireworks display down the docks (it's now called the Waterfront since no-one uses little boats for commerce anymore lol)...had to park on a very dark and empty side street, then lots of people around, noise, lights, motion etc once I'd reached the Waterfront, quite a few drunk people as well and I was very worried about thieves, knives or bombs even with so many people around...however, I didn't get stabbed or shot or bombed...and the fireworks were pretty good tbh.  It's just worth remembering that although there seems to be an awful lot of bad things happening nowadays that we have no control over, it's not all bad...

Also, did you spot me on AR last night?  I'd forgotten just how miserable I looked on it! :laugh:  

• Like 2

@TomsFocus ah I completely forgot yesterday. My uncle arrived at 9:30 in the morning yesterday and was out till around 1:30. Was exhausted yesterday after that. Is there a way of seeing that on a website player? 

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus ah I completely forgot yesterday. My uncle arrived at 9:30 in the morning yesterday and was out till around 1:30. Was exhausted yesterday after that. Is there a way of seeing that on a website player? 

Yeah you can BBC iPlayer it.  Around 6 minutes in there's a drawing of a girl guide, I'm stood just behind/to the right of the owner of the drawing when the camera pans onto him.  Tall, dark sunglasses, light grey zipped top, look of miserable boredom, can't miss me... :laugh:  I was also on the previous 2 programmes at the same location earlier in the series (all filmed on the same day) but much harder to spot on those ones...

• Like 1

Does anyone know how you can download a short video from the BBC website?  It's only 3 minutes long, not an hour long programme lol.  Given how much we pay for a TV licence they should allow us easy, free downloads. :rolleyes: 

My Lyca App...........pain...........its in my tracker only a cheap tracker but its for the data so need access to put credit on,got app on my phone and to activate it sends pin code to the Lyca sim which is in the tracker which i can't get at so can't use App only online top-up through Lyca site,the app was good and wish there was another way to activate this app.

39 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

My Lycra App...........pain...........its in my tracker only a cheap tracker but its for the data so need access to put credit on,got app on my phone and to activate it sends pin code to the Lycra sim which is in the tracker which i can't get at so can't use App only online top-up through Lycra site,the app was good and wish there was another way to activate this app.

I think autocorrect has got you there...unless your phone is taking up cycling! 

Parked up in the Park & Ride site for our nearest city this morning (which was, as usual, virtually empty), continuing my journey on foot. On my return I noticed a sign I'd not spotted before, to the effect that "You are not permitted to park here unless taking the P & R bus or cycling into the city centre" and another "Parking and walking from this site is forbidden - £50 penalty"

So, if I park my car, take my bike out of the boot and cycle into town (thus adding to the general congestion and traffic chaos) that's ok, but if I walk causing no harm to anyone, I could get fined fifty quid! Likewise, I could take up a space on the P&R bus (which is heavily subsidised and virtually free anyway to OAP's) from someone who may really need it, even though I'm perfectly able to walk, that's also apparently ok. And I wonder, if I do use my bike, how do they know I've ridden it into the city centre and not somewhere else, anyway?

I've sent a polite email to the Council asking them to help me see the logic of this policy.😀

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Parked up in the Park & Ride site for our nearest city this morning (which was, as usual, virtually empty), continuing my journey on foot. On my return I noticed a sign I'd not spotted before, to the effect that "You are not permitted to park here unless taking the P & R bus or cycling into the city centre" and another "Parking and walking from this site is forbidden - £50 penalty"

So, if I park my car, take my bike out of the boot and cycle into town (thus adding to the general congestion and traffic chaos) that's ok, but if I walk causing no harm to anyone, I could get fined fifty quid! Likewise, I could take up a space on the P&R bus (which is heavily subsidised and virtually free anyway to OAP's) from someone who may really need it, even though I'm perfectly able to walk, that's also apparently ok. And I wonder, if I do use my bike, how do they know I've ridden it into the city centre and not somewhere else, anyway?

I've sent a polite email to the Council asking them to help me see the logic of this policy.😀

Was there any cameras there? I'd be a bit cheeky and come back to the car with a bike if I saw a warden 😂

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Was there any cameras there? I'd be a bit cheeky and come back to the car with a bike if I saw a warden 😂

I've never seen a camera there but I would expect they ought to be somewhere for security purposes - there's no warden 'cos it's free anyway. Yeah, maybe next time I'll take a bike with me just in case!😀

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I think autocorrect has got you there...unless your phone is taking up cycling! 

Lol yes another thing I don't like........Auto correct through this Firefox add-on, i do miss loads then send and look back and just laugh, thanks for Edit.

I do need it with my spelling.🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

How close is the P&R to the city centre?  The bus seems a little unnecessary if it's walkable anyway! :laugh:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

How close is the P&R to the city centre?  The bus seems a little unnecessary if it's walkable anyway! :laugh:

Ah, when I said continued on foot I wasn't going all the way into the centre. It's about 2.5 miles, which I suppose is a bit far for many people, particularly if loaded up with shopping. I've always done a lot of walking so my definition of "walkable" tends to be different to some. I do think this P&R is too near the centre - places like Cambridge, for example, have their P & R much further out which better keeps the traffic away from the centre.

I don't use it myself to get into the city centre btw, if I want to do that the normal service bus stops right outside my door anyway, I use the P&R as it's a good starting point for several walks and saves an initial drag by a main road which is not very pleasant.

A (fit) visitor from elsewhere however, might well decide to park up and walk into the city from there taking in various points of interest, my point is why should they face a potential penalty as opposed to someone who does the same thing on a bike?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ah, when I said continued on foot I wasn't going all the way into the centre. It's about 2.5 miles, which I suppose is a bit far for many people, particularly if loaded up with shopping. I've always done a lot of walking so my definition of "walkable" tends to be different to some. I do think this P&R is too near the centre - places like Cambridge, for example, have their P & R much further out which better keeps the traffic away from the centre.

I don't use it myself to get into the city centre btw, if I want to do that the normal service bus stops right outside my door anyway, I use the P&R as it's a good starting point for several walks and saves an initial drag by a main road which is not very pleasant.

A (fit) visitor from elsewhere however, might well decide to park up and walk into the city from there taking in various points of interest, my point is why should they face a potential penalty as opposed to someone who does the same thing on a bike?

Ah I see, I tend to do around 2.5-3 miles as a round trip and find that enough, probably wouldn't do a 5 mile round trip on foot.  It does seem a bit near though, we have 3 P&R here, but they're at least 5 miles from the town centre, right on the dual carriageway bypass so there's no extra town traffic.

I never realised the P&R car parks were free to park in tbf (I don't do busses, they're full of people and they make me even more nauseous that normal!), I do see your point though!  I never pay to park myself, always find some free parking somewhere! :biggrin: 

I don't like seeing this Connect van in a local transport yard.

Reason for not liking? Brand new as can be seen by no number plates and a sticker in the driver's window with a vehicle dismantler's address on it! 

What looked like minor damage to the front N/S of the bumper and wing, headlight was loose as well.....but that was it. Obviously I couldn't see anything underneath but I couldn't imagine that a minor bump in transit would affect it. Seems a waste!

I'll ask my son when he comes home, he works at the local Ford garage so may have some inside info.

EDIT: Son says front chassis is bent! Hopefully someone will buy it as a Damaged/repairable. 

IMG_20190821_122522098.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone else on here feel that all there doing these days is working and dying?  

Or is it just me ? 😂

• Confused 1

On 8/21/2019 at 9:07 PM, Lenny said:

Anyone else on here feel that all there doing these days is working and dying?  

Or is it just me ? 😂

I'm lieing in bed most of the day or trying to occupy myself from rumination. Today pressure washed the driveway so parents are happy. Driveway looks nice and clean and looks near enough like new. Going across London to meet family who want to celebrate for my graduation and mum wants to do a secret celebration for my aunt and uncles anniversary who we'll see there. 

Something I'd like to say is try not to get too comfortable commenting on YouTube videos. You really get some scum on the earth people on there. I try not to get upset over it. And insult to injury is these people get so many likes for their stupid comments. 

Don’t like coming back from a weeks holiday to see this, is it repairable or shall I just get two new rear tyres?

6630799D-1FF8-4AFA-8EFF-521C7A0668DA.jpeg

I saw a nice white mk3 focus RS. Sadly driven by a yobbo. Putting his foot down in the right lane before the lanes merged and constantly revving the car on the move. Sounded wicked but just get upset seeing someone drive a car like that. Also had tinted plates which got alarm bells ringing. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club