Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like that Sparco used crappy paint that turns bronze on the stubby aluminium aerial I fitted to my ST 🤬

The photo below shows how it looks now after only 10 months, with it turned around to show the underneath and how it used to look:

3664be64f149eebdd2e88b13a4f110f6.jpg b8da7a8c26a4f97667f98ddab18dd60b.jpg

I think I'll drop Sparco an email and see what they say...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I also don't like that after 11 months and 8,000 miles (17,000 total on the clock now) my paint isn't looking as pristine as when I bought the car. There are a few stone chips on the front bumper, bonnet and the roof (!) and it could definitely benefit from a polish. It still comes up nice and shiny after a proper wash (like this evening), but in doing that I notice the imperfections :cry:

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I also don't like that after 11 months and 8,000 miles (17,000 total on the clock now) my paint isn't looking as pristine as when I bought the car. There are a few stone chips on the front bumper, bonnet and the roof (!) and it could definitely benefit from a polish. It still comes up nice and shiny after a proper wash (like this evening), but in doing that I notice the imperfections :cry:

Get some touch up paint. Will hide the stone chips 👍. Machine polishing it depends on the extent of the paint. If it's really covered on swirls id do it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Get some touch up paint. Will hide the stone chips 👍. Machine polishing it depends on the extent of the paint. If it's really covered on swirls id do it. 

With modern Fiestas having galvanised bodywork that doesn't rust I'm in two minds about touching up or not. In my experience touch up paint never produces a perfect result.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

With modern Fiestas having galvanised bodywork that doesn't rust I'm in two minds about touching up or not. In my experience touch up paint never produces a perfect result.

Got my ST 2 weeks ago and literally got Fords Panther Black Touch-Up Paint today,
I intend to get chips and scratches sorted this weekend, might not be perfect, but it's better than looking chipped and scratched,
Once you see something you never forget it's there and see it all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

My car someone put touch up paint on a medium sized chip and honestly youd need to look close up to notice it. It's easy for the eye to catch white specs on black compared to black specs on black. 

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I bought some colour match paint for my Focus, and to be honest on stone chips (if put on thin enough), and if layered properly, it looked pretty good except within 2ft.

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

It'll still rust eventually, galvanisation isn't a permanent rust-proof process. 

As your car is black, you can just fill in stone chips with a black Sharpie for a short term fix.  It does only last a few months at a time though.  There's a good 30+ stone chips on my bonnet now, annoying as the paint finish was good, the prep must have been poor though.  It looks horrendous in the sun so I just Sharpie them before any meets now... :lol: 

• Like 1

Sharpie!? Somehow that doesn't seem like the right thing to do :shocking:

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Sharpie!? Somehow that doesn't seem like the right thing to do :shocking:

Well the right thing to do is have it resprayed for a perfect finish...  A Sharpie is much cheaper! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iantt said:

Did you not notice the posts on here when it originally reported?

Yeah I just realised after you said that. Not great news though. I think they are saying its linked to the decaf and bonnet vents. 

Why do all news articles about cars state their value? Are we supposed to be outraged that young people can own such expensive cars so we feel less sympathy for the victims? I always assume journalists do this when the driver is portrayed as the bad guy to incite jealousy and further outrage. In either case it's totally unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

i can't afford a new car like that but it didn't bother me that it was stated how much it cost, he could have a really good household income as his girlfriend who i assume was the passenger could have a 50k a year job, i don't judge what people spend on their cars just because i can't, my neighbour has 3 kids from 21 to 18 and they drive 20k plus cars each, my neighbour has paid his mortgage off and the kids still live at home paying nothing for rent so they can afford to get finance on decent cars

the story is sad but i think they are trying to stop people from modding (souping up) their cars by pointing at the fact it had been de catted, i think what is most likely to have happened is the exhaust wasn't tightened properly when it was fitted back on the car or had any kind of assembly paste used and this caused a leak, or worst case scenario the owner tried to save on costs and cut the cat open. removed the internals and didn't weld it back up properly thus causing the leak, one of the only mods i always do on my cars regardless of whether i'm modding the whole thing or not is de cat it, it helps the engine breath better regardless of performance gains

either way it's a sad loss and i feel for the families of the kids, just a shame the media has to try and point out it was because it was modified, how many people modify their cars and don't die, no mention of that in the media

oh and my original reason for coming in this thread

what i don't like is spending the day polishing and waxing my car then have the damn cat sit on it all day after it's rained which then leaves paw prints all over it!!

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yeah I just realised after you said that. Not great news though. I think they are saying its linked to the decaf and bonnet vents. 

They drank to much coffee? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yeah it was ages ago now, I had seen the car at meets and sort of 'knew' the guy online too.  The main issue was that they sat in the car stationary with the engine running for hours. 

There was a leak around the decat pipe as it hadn't been sealed properly when fitted.  The CO built up in the engine bay and escaped through the bonnet vents, which directed it straight towards the cabin intake and into the car.  CO is invisible and doesn't smell BUT I find it hard to believe they couldn't smell the HCs along with it, or notice they both started feeling tired/headachy at all. :unsure: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

They drank to much coffee? 

Sorry I meant decat not . I might need some 😂

4 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Why do all news articles about cars state their value? Are we supposed to be outraged that young people can own such expensive cars so we feel less sympathy for the victims? I always assume journalists do this when the driver is portrayed as the bad guy to incite jealousy and further outrage. In either case it's totally unnecessary.

I think you may be right there but people have to remember a lot of young guys like to finance. Jealousy isn't a good thing and is mainly what causes people to act odd or negative towards certain people. We live in a unfair sadly also which I think is the main cause of jealousy. I think the outrage might be more towards him decatting the car. 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah it was ages ago now, I had seen the car at meets and sort of 'knew' the guy online too.  The main issue was that they sat in the car stationary with the engine running for hours. 

There was a leak around the decat pipe as it hadn't been sealed properly when fitted.  The CO built up in the engine bay and escaped through the bonnet vents, which directed it straight towards the cabin intake and into the car.  CO is invisible and doesn't smell BUT I find it hard to believe they couldn't smell the HCs along with it, or notice they both started feeling tired/headachy at all. :unsure: 

The thing I don't understand is at around 4:30am the neighbours said they heard his car on stationary then 6 hours later they got worried about it. No offence to the guy but I honestly wonder what he was doing for that time. Was he getting freaky with his 'friend'. 

44 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like...

...being 42 today :censored:

Happy Birthday mate 🍻

• Like 2

I'm not found of my own birthdays, in fact I lost interest in celebrating them a long time ago. That being said, all the best to you @TimST2 :happybday:

On 8/30/2019 at 8:07 PM, TimST2 said:

I don't like that Sparco used crappy paint that turns bronze on the stubby aluminium aerial I fitted to my ST 🤬

The photo below shows how it looks now after only 10 months, with it turned around to show the underneath and how it used to look:

I think I'll drop Sparco an email and see what they say...

I have just remembered that my Nextbase dashcam has had the same thing happen to it. The plastic around the lens is exactly the same colour as your aerial and probably took a similar amount of time to change.

13 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like...

...being 42 today :censored:

Your still young 😊. My dad's birthday is in 2 days and he is going to be 47. He says 'I'm going to be 37' 😂. I say to him what about mum as they both are a year apart. 

Your still young [emoji4]. My dad's birthday is in 2 days and he is going to be 47. He says 'I'm going to be 37' [emoji23]. I say to him what about mum as they both are a year apart. 
How is comparing me to YOUR DAD supposed to make me feel young!?

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club