Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

How is comparing me to YOUR DAD supposed to make me feel young!?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well at least you're not old enough for your kids to be driving and posting on car forums yet... :laugh:  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TimST2 said:

How is comparing me to YOUR DAD supposed to make me feel young!?

Your not the same age as him 🤣. 40 is still young. I'd probably say hitting 50 will be when your getting old 👍

They say you're only as old as you feel, but I'm not sure that's true...  I feel about 80, yet I still chuckled at a vandalised sign earlier...someone has added an 'F' to the 'art on the prom' sign...  🤭  Urgh, grow up... :laugh:

Not sure I'll be able to contain myself with all the 69 plate cars coming out this month! :whistling:

Seriously though, even 50 isn't old now...  My mum recently passed the big 5-0...and it made me realise she's probably got to endure another 40+ years at current life expectancy rates! 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/2/2019 at 6:56 PM, zain611 said:

Your not the same age as him 🤣. 40 is still young. I'd probably say hitting 50 will be when your getting old 👍

You really know how to make someone feel better 🙄

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2019 at 7:43 PM, TomsFocus said:

Not sure I'll be able to contain myself with all the 69 plate cars coming out this month! :whistling:

I thought about this the other day - my Caterham will likely come with a 69 plate, but then I realised that 1969 was the last year that Lotus sold the S3 Lotus 7 so it's actually quite fitting :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

You really know how to make someone feel better 🙄

Sorry Tim please do forgive. I honestly feel bad now 😅. I'm sure you did something nice 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, zain611 said:
Sorry Tim please do forgive. I honestly feel bad now [emoji28]. I'm sure you did something nice [emoji106]

I'm joking too of course. I don't actually feel old, but 42 doesn't sound young any more. Apart from that number I don't think I'd rather be at any other point in my life - things are pretty good right now. My birthday was spent with my wife and kids - park run, pub lunch and tiling the garage floor with my daughter, followed by watching the F1 in the evening :thumbsup:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I thought about this the other day - my 310R will likely come with a 69 plate, but then I realised that 1969 was the last year that Lotus sold the S3 Lotus 7 so it's actually quite fitting :thumbsup:

I still haven't seen a '69 plate yet...  There are several main dealers within about 5 miles radius so I usually see new ones pretty quickly, has made me wonder if a lot of people have put off buying a new car until they know what's happening with Brexit.

I still haven't seen a '69 plate yet...  There are several main dealers within about 5 miles radius so I usually see new ones pretty quickly, has made me wonder if a lot of people have put off buying a new car until they know what's happening with Brexit.
Given recent events in parliament, I may well get my new car before Brexit, even though it's not due to be delivered until January!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2019 at 9:56 AM, TomsFocus said:

Saw a 69 plate BMW i3 yesterday, could’ve been a press car though as BMW UK HQ is just up the road from me. Haven’t seen any others yet.

• Like 1

Watching news nowadays, makes me feel down. Incompetent people at work and extremely cold weather. 

• Like 1

Took the car for MOT today and got just 1 advisory about the brake hose pipe corroded on the right front. 

Now this isn't a bad thing above but the bad thing is what I found my private plate to mean in a different language. 

The inspector said to me if you say the plate as it is it means w**ker in Turkish 😂 🤣. Funny thing also is I live in a area with a Turkish community plus the car has a red dashboard (represents the Turkish flag colour) so people must think I'm Turkish 😂 

DSC_0418.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't like finding out TalkTalk have been charging me £4 for TV that I never asked for, since February!!.

Even on my online account says I don't have TV, wtf?

12 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

I don't like finding out TalkTalk have been charging me £4 for TV that I never asked for, since February!!.

Even on my online account says I don't have TV, wtf?

2 Hours with Online chat to get across "I Don't Have the TV Package, Why Am I Being Charged £4 a Month For TV?"
Finally they said ok we have removed the TV Charge from your bill you will no longer be charged.

OK what about the 7 months I've been over charged £28?

"I've spoken to my manager and will give you £10 good will"

It's like catching someone robbing you and them offering you some of it back.

If you are with TalkTalk Broadband I'd check your Bill for TV Charges.

TalkTalk Bill b.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, zain611 said:

Took the car for MOT today and got just 1 advisory about the brake hose pipe corroded on the right front. 

Now this isn't a bad thing above but the bad thing is what I found my private plate to mean in a different language. 

The inspector said to me if you say the plate as it is it means w**ker in Turkish 😂 🤣. Funny thing also is I live in a area with a Turkish community plus the car has a red dashboard (represents the Turkish flag colour) so people must think I'm Turkish 😂 

DSC_0418.JPG

Nice one on the pass! :biggrin: 

Are you sure the tester wasn't pulling your leg about the plate?  I've just Google translated w*nker into Turkish and it's nothing like that. :unsure:   Hearing the serious, well spoken Google translate lady saying 'w*nker' gave me a laugh though! :laugh: 

25 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

If you are with TalkTalk Broadband I'd check your Bill for TV Charges.

I'm also with TalkTalk but I know mines £19.95 (fast fibre, no TV and no landline usage) so I'd know immediately if I was overcharged. :smile: 

20 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Saw a 69 plate BMW i3 yesterday, could’ve been a press car though as BMW UK HQ is just up the road from me. Haven’t seen any others yet.

I saw my first '69 yesterday outside the Ford dealer...it was in the service car park though so probably broken already! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've seen quite a few 69 plates. Lol 

Probably around 1000 so far. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, iantt said:

I've seen quite a few 69 plates. Lol 

Probably around 1000 so far. 

I was gonna suggest pre-reg but maybe not that many lol...

Is that all private cars or commercials as well out of interest?

@TomsFocus I told my Turkish friend about it and even he was laughing saying it is 😂. I think both of them were referring to the 31 meaning something. 

I'm going to keep an eye out for a 69 plate car. I'm sure a car registered after March this year would have that plate or is it 19 plate? 

Edit so my friend just said to me 31 in Turkish means w**k 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus I told my Turkish friend about it and even he was laughing saying it is 😂. I think both of them were referring to the 31 meaning something. 

I'm going to keep an eye out for a 69 plate car. I'm sure a car registered after March this year would have that plate or is it 19 plate? 

Edit so my friend just said to me 31 in Turkish means w**k 😂

Lol, well I've learnt something there! :laugh: 

March to Sept 2019 is 19 plate, Sept 2019 to March 2020 is 69 plate, so they've only been out a week tomorrow.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I was gonna suggest pre-reg but maybe not that many lol...

Is that all private cars or commercials as well out of interest?

75% commercial , 25% cars. We are mainly a commercial set up but do cars for the rental companies and a few for our nearest 3 dealers

• Like 1

I don't like what I experienced today. Coming home i noticed from the left corner of my eye it began to go all fuzzy. Lasted till I got home. Just been sitting down since. Stomach feels a little unsettled and bloated probably from stress from that experience. Hope it's nothing. 

@zain611could be an aural Migraine. I get them frequently and it makes me feel like I'm hungry or going to be sick. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

@zain611could be an aural Migraine. I get them frequently and it makes me feel like I'm hungry or going to be sick. 

There's a bug going around, my sister and parents had recently so might be that. Not great also as we're going out across London tomorrow. Might stay home rather than stressing out being outside home and worrying about my stomach 

Managed to drive up a low curb last night which compressed and damaged the tyre and impacted the rim :censored:

Looking at it in the cold light if day I can see that the tyre on that side is nearly on the wear marker on the inside so I guess the tracking is out too.

This might be the time to take it in for some Pilot Sports, tracking and (fingers crossed) a SMART repair on the alloy.

Ford - expect a visit next week :rolleyes1:

• Sad 1

@TimST2 I've had that happened at least twice to me 😭. Doesn't help with the low profile tires. Whenever I'm going up a sharp kurb I like to go up it slowly and try to get the wheel pointing at a good angle so that doesn't happen. Don't think I'll get them refurbished my ones but might try sanding them to remove the rough edges to stop dirt sticking in them. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club