Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, congrats to them! :biggrin:  Not many last that long nowadays...my Dad's on his 3rd wife now... Being indecisive must be hereditary! :laugh: 

I'd love to know his secret as I can't even find one!! :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I'd love to know his secret as I can't even find one!! :laughing:

:laugh:

Plenty of disposable income and a sports car definitely helped for the first one! :laugh: Maybe you could try that! :biggrin:

Second one was the daughter of his mum's friend so didn't take much finding.

Third one...erm, I'm not sure!  He had plenty of girlfriends between wives 2 and 3 as well!  I've never even had one... :lol:

Not that I'm searching for one tbf...I struggle to deal with my own body let alone being in close proximity with someone else's! :tongue:

On a much more depressing note...I don't like failing massively this evening.  Tried to go to an event that's indoors, with many people, after dark (I realise that sounds like an orgy, it wasn't that!)...and remembered just how much I can't cope with any of those things.  So I'm now sat at home wallowing in self pity while hundreds of people enjoy the show I should've been watching.  :sad:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

On a much more depressing note...I don't like failing massively this evening.  Tried to go to an event that's indoors, with many people, after dark (I realise that sounds like an orgy, it wasn't that!)...and remembered just how much I can't cope with any of those things.  So I'm now sat at home wallowing in self pity while hundreds of people enjoy the show I should've been watching.  :sad:

So what exactly happened on the event? It wasn't primarily a dirty thing with people committing sin was it 😅

@jmurray01 it's not easy 😂. Depends mainly on the type of person you like. With me for example I like a girl who's kind, looks nice, decent, dresses appropriately (to me that's not showing your legs or wearing a short top up to the stomach) and follows most of her religion. Now the problem I've noticed is girls who are like this tend to not be open about liking someone I'd say probably because of their parents teaching them not to have boyfriends. I honestly wonder if these girls will find anyone later when they get a bit older or if they'll get arranged. 

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

So what exactly happened on the event? It wasn't primarily a dirty thing with people committing sin was it 😅

It was a strip club...surely that can't be sinful as you're not allowed to touch! :wink: 

But seriously, it was a comedy show (though judging by some of my more religious relatives, laughing may well be a sin! 😛 ).  It was at a local theatre and I did actually get to it...but there was a huge swarm of people in the foyer/lobby area and spilling out down the steps into the street as well, the foyer was both the ticket office and the bar so must always be busy, it seems like a terrible idea!  I came over really dizzy and couldn't even get up the steps to go in.  I tried to man up and forced myself up the steps into the edge of the swarm inside but that was a terrible idea, triggered a panic attack, hot, sweaty, couldn't breathe, honestly thought I was going to pass out so had to come out and hide round the corner to catch my breath but by that point it was too late, I knew I had no chance of trying again.  Ended up speedwalking back to the car in the dark in a less than desirable area (which I hadn't even thought about when parking!) really frustrated with myself after I'd planned for everything else (food/bathroom issues etc) but just not the crowd.  I don't know what I expected but I honestly didn't expect a crowd like that...I guess I thought the theatre was smaller maybe.

Anyway, I do have another event booked today, it's free so no big deal if I can't do it...it's an art gallery exhibition, I don't remember ever going to an art gallery in my life lol...but hopefully nowhere near as many people as yesterday although obviously it's still an indoor event...

@TomsFocus in France the tour bus went down a 'red line district' so on that road it was filled with *** shops 😂. It was a nice holiday however I felt Paris is more of a couples holiday than a family holiday. So many couples hugging / kissing in public with no care that there's single people around them or children 🙄. Honestly I've become a little insensitive to seeing these sort of stuff since the girl I liked I don't see anymore. For some reason it just triggers memories for me when I go on holiday now and so I just don't feel fully happy when I go on holidays. There was this young American couple in the hotel yesterday saying to the receptionist they are getting married tomorrow. I did find it a bit weird that the girls parents were with them and not the guys parents. 

I don't think id be comfortable myself in that place you went. Art gallery sounds more relaxing to me and hopefully you'll have civilised people going there. 

• Like 2

@zain611 Save yourself twenty years

"Find someone you hate and buy them a house" 

Best quote I heard recently saw it in this fake documentary comedy called "kenny" 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Found an ideal wife today...no breathing or bodily fluids to deal with and no confrontation either! :wink:

She's gonna struggle to play that harp though... :unsure:

IMG_20190917_150847638.thumb.jpg.1055d6145143566615e675efe0ed4332.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It was a strip club...surely that can't be sinful as you're not allowed to touch! :wink: 

Years ago, a few guys from work used to go to a fish and chip restaurant with a twist - called "fish n' strips". As you know, I am a person of unimpeachable moral standards so you will understand that the odd time I joined them was purely for the purposes of research.

As I remember, the fish n' chips were a lot tastier than the accompaniment...........!😀

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

But seriously, it was a comedy show (though judging by some of my more religious relatives, laughing may well be a sin! 😛 ).  It was at a local theatre and I did actually get to it...but there was a huge swarm of people in the foyer/lobby area and spilling out down the steps into the street as well, the foyer was both the ticket office and the bar so must always be busy, it seems like a terrible idea!  I came over really dizzy and couldn't even get up the steps to go in.  I tried to man up and forced myself up the steps into the edge of the swarm inside but that was a terrible idea, triggered a panic attack, hot, sweaty, couldn't breathe, honestly thought I was going to pass out so had to come out and hide round the corner to catch my breath but by that point it was too late, I knew I had no chance of trying again.  Ended up speedwalking back to the car in the dark in a less than desirable area (which I hadn't even thought about when parking!) really frustrated with myself after I'd planned for everything else (food/bathroom issues etc) but just not the crowd.  I don't know what I expected but I honestly didn't expect a crowd like that...I guess I thought the theatre was smaller maybe.

Anyway, I do have another event booked today, it's free so no big deal if I can't do it...it's an art gallery exhibition, I don't remember ever going to an art gallery in my life lol...but hopefully nowhere near as many people as yesterday although obviously it's still an indoor event...

Coming from a catholic family I know exactly what you mean...  I'm a Christian with a very strong faith but some people (catholic or not) take it far too seriously.  God didn't make us perfect and he always forgives us, so the little things aren't such a big deal as long as you realise when you have sinned and repent.

Anyway, getting off my religious soap box - I totally understand your situation and there really isn't anything else you could have done.  Try not to beat yourself up over it and move on, next time it WILL be better, you have to tell yourself that. 

Says me who never goes anywhere except work and half the time there I spend on the edge of a panic attack!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

:laugh:

Plenty of disposable income and a sports car definitely helped for the first one! :laugh: Maybe you could try that! :biggrin:

Second one was the daughter of his mum's friend so didn't take much finding.

Third one...erm, I'm not sure!  He had plenty of girlfriends between wives 2 and 3 as well!  I've never even had one... :lol:

Not that I'm searching for one tbf...I struggle to deal with my own body let alone being in close proximity with someone else's! :tongue:

Oh well, I think I'd better just commit myself to a life of celibacy then!! :laughing:  Unless I win the lottery...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

@zain611 Save yourself twenty years

"Find someone you hate and buy them a house" 

Best quote I heard recently saw it in this fake documentary comedy called "kenny" 😂

That's hilarious Lenny, I'll have to watch the whole thing some day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That's hilarious Lenny, I'll have to watch the whole thing some day. 

It is good a few unexpected funny moments, like when he goes mental because some lad wrote on the toilet door 😂

I saw it on "Now TV" movies they do a 30 day free trial which can cancel anytime, 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It is good a few unexpected funny moments, like when he goes mental because some lad wrote on the toilet door 😂

I saw it on "Now TV" movies they do a 30 day free trial which can cancel anytime, 

I do have the Firestick so might get it on there I'll have a look.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, zain611 said:

Art gallery sounds more relaxing to me and hopefully you'll have civilised people going there. 

It was. :smile:  This particular gallery isn't like a fixed set of items, it has different exhibitions on through the year.  This one was actually the Ed Sheeran exhibition, (not sure if I should be embarrassed by that or not 🤭 ).  Didn't really know what to expect but it was really good tbh.  Various pictures, paintings, oil on canvas, photographs, sculptures etc, as well as the awards that he's won and various bits of memorabilia from shows.  They also had the puppet used in the 'Sing' video if you remember that lol.  There weren't many people in there either so much easier to cope with, I was first in which helped, then there was a disabled guy around my age with his carer, a couple around 20 and a couple around 30...not quite what I was expecting, I was worried I'd be the creepy 'old' guy in a room full of teenage girls! :laugh: 

Anyway, it's attached to a Tudor mansion which is also free to walk around...despite only living 10 minutes away now, I haven't been there for probably 20 years!  That was really interesting as well, and had loads of old paintings around, including some by Constable and Gainsborough, as well as all the rooms decked out as they would've been over the years (hence the headless lady above!).

I'm not gonna lie, my digestive system has been absolutely wrecked this week as I've got out and about quite a bit, culminating in 10 'visits' and an more than one roll of loo paper on Monday which really was not fun BUT yesterday was just a bit painful, rather than having to run every few minutes, so did manage a couple of hours out between the exhibit and the mansion. :smile: 

Over the weekend I also went to Ipswich Heritage, which is where they opened loads of old & interesting buildings for one day only.  Despite my fear of heights and motion illness caused by escalators I managed to get onto the roof garden of the Willis building to see views across Ipswich from above.  If you've never heard of the Willis building, think of like the Shard or the Gherkin but with only 3 floors! :laugh: 

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I totally understand your situation and there really isn't anything else you could have done.  Try not to beat yourself up over it and move on, next time it WILL be better, you have to tell yourself that. 

Says me who never goes anywhere except work and half the time there I spend on the edge of a panic attack!!

Yeah, I know you're right, I was just so frustrated on Monday night that I'd planned and prepared so much but not able to complete the main part.  I won't try anything like that again for a while, especially now we're heading into winter with all the contagious viruses being passed around, that just adds another layer of anxiety to crowds for me unfortunately.  I have got another couple of outdoor events planned for this month, but then that's it for the year as they all stop when the weather turns, will need to find another distraction/monthly aim for those months! :smile: 

Lol, I spend most of my life on the brink of panic too...people often think I'm really chilled in real life as even in the midst of a panic attack I can keep outward composure, I won't break the illusion and tell them the fear of embarrassment and social anxiety is stronger than the panic so what they see is the façade I've worked on for 15+ years. :laugh: 

• Like 1

@TomsFocus reminds me of the griemlan museum I visited on Sunday in Paris. Had a Bruce wilis wax sculpture, raving rabbits and a detroit become human section. Good as well you enjoyed yourself and your IBS didn't flare up as much. No one's perfect, with me I over worried about my stomach and the problem is physiologically that can effect your stomach. 

DSC_0473.JPG

IMG-20190915-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20190915-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20190915-WA0009.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like this old man today in the hospital. Finished my voluntary work there and headed to the little cafe there as my gran had an eye appointment not long after so waited for her to take her home.

Was in line in the cafe waiting patiently. The people in front took time to pay for their lunch. I could hear someone in the line talking to someone saying 'whys it taking so long' and other stuff. The lady in front tapped her card to pay on the machine and accidentally dropped her card before going away and the guy then saying 'this woman can't hold her card properly'. Next person being served I could hear him complaining again about taking long. 

One of staff members he had a go at and the staff saying to him in a raised voice there's a shortage of staff. The thing which got me was when the man said 'they should take you people out this country'. I was close to saying something to him. He didn't make a comment when I was being served which may have stopped me. The guy looked Indian and I would of said straight to him 'you don't look like your from here also'. I actually didn't feel scared to say anything then. I was born in this country but I wouldn't discriminate others like that 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I don't like this old man today in the hospital. Finished my voluntary work there and headed to the little cafe there as my gran had an eye appointment not long after so waited for her to take her home.

Was in line in the cafe waiting patiently. The people in front took time to pay for their lunch. I could hear someone in the line talking to someone saying 'whys it taking so long' and other stuff. The lady in front tapped her card to pay on the machine and accidentally dropped her card before going away and the guy then saying 'this woman can't hold her card properly'. Next person being served I could hear him complaining again about taking long. 

One of staff members he had a go at and the staff saying to him in a raised voice there's a shortage of staff. The thing which got me was when the man said 'they should take you people out this country'. I was close to saying something to him. He didn't make a comment when I was being served which may have stopped me. The guy looked Indian and I would of said straight to him 'you don't look like your from here also'. I actually didn't feel scared to say anything then. I was born in this country but I wouldn't discriminate others like that 🙄

There would be much bigger staff shortages if they took 'those people' out of the country! :rolleyes:

I do understand the old man being irritable in hospital, obviously something bad has happened to him or a relative be in that position.  But I don't know why they feel it's acceptable to take it out on other people.  It's probably just a passing comment to him but will most likely stick with the other guy for a while... 

• Like 3

I don't like taking the battery out of the Citroen today and finding it is down to 6 volts!! :ohmy:

I knew it was low as not even the dash lights came on but not that low...  I just hope it will take a charge as upon hooking it up to my old battery charger (I mean really old - "Made in England" old!) the amp meter didn't even move, and normally it would shoot up on connecting a low battery to indicate current is passing through.

I put it on the low setting so we'll see what it says tomorrow morning.  It was a cheap battery (no warranty) but still at 8 months old I don't feel like having to buy another one and it did start the car fine every time until it went mysteriously flat.

I'll be really annoyed if a dud alternator has also killed a nearly new battery.

• Sad 1

I also don't like a certain family member being rather unappreciative of a birthday gift.  It's fine though he just won't be getting anything next year, simple as that. 

Maybe I should become a Jehovah's Witness then I can forget about birthdays altogether!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I also don't like a certain family member being rather unappreciative of a birthday gift.  It's fine though he just won't be getting anything next year, simple as that. 

Maybe I should become a Jehovah's Witness then I can forget about birthdays altogether!!

Ahiest and don't celebrate anything. Win win . 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

Ahiest and don't celebrate anything. Win win . 

I'm sure atheists celebrate birthdays, valentines and even Christmas 😂. It's the getogether which is nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'm sure atheists celebrate birthdays, valentines and even Christmas 😂. It's the getogether which is nice. 

Certainly do birthdays, anniversaries and New Year but not religious festivals which I don't believe in as I find that rather hypocritical. Always nice to get together with those we care for whatever the reason,though.😀

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club