Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

i don't like having laryngitis, getting better for a week, then going out with mates, recovering from the worst hangover, only to come down with a cold the very next day...

triple whammy lol

@Zico came across a stupid BMW driver today. There's these road works happening on the dual carriageway so led to a stretch of traffic on the main road. This 1 series decides to squeeze through a gap before a mini roundabout then slowly cut in front of my dad. Dad went mad and was driving close behind him until we got up to the traffic lights. I did like it that one driver sort of went into his lane then the stupid guy horned at him.

I honestly hate stupidity like this and hope these people get what's coming to them. Do encourage dash cam footage to be submitted to the police for these bad drivers. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Incontro said:

i don't like having laryngitis, getting better for a week, then going out with mates, recovering from the worst hangover, only to come down with a cold the very next day...

triple whammy lol

Did you get any drug prescriptions for it? Hopefully it'll clear quickly 👍

• Like 1

I don't like my Mr Beams sensor light to sensor my car coming into the garage, I drive in and don't come on then open the door it comes on, may be the car is slow moving that's why.

Had it for 12 months in another place but being darker I wanted it for the garage, the 2 LED one and batteries last for ages and dam bright.

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/clean-air-zone-diesel-ban-3503759

And @zain611 you thought London's ULEZ was bad (I work inside the proposed CAZ).

An outright ban on the latest Euro 6 engines and the hospitals are inside the zone :wallbash:

Something my dad actually said is wait till they do this in other areas of the UK and now look. Its rediculous and the main thing which is stated is 'this will effect the low incomer'. I'd like to know how people would be able to travel around without an affordable car to school / shopping. Could take a taxi but imagine if the private hire firms became bankrupt or lessened their car numbers due to investing in new compliant cars. Would make it harder getting a free cab as the minority of cabs would be busy with others. 

Its an ill thought out plan to bankrupt the working man and fill their pockets. I'm thinking about selling my car next year due to the uncertainty in 2021 which I really don't want to do. 

• Like 1

I would have been much happier with a ULEZ like London - at least people would have a choice then. There will be plenty of people who commute into or live in the proposed CAZ who have brand new cars that they won't be allowed to drive in 2 years time. And of course the small issue of people who need to get to A&E... Hopefully the government will force the council to make some amendments to the plan.

5 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'd like to know how people would be able to travel around without an affordable car to school / shopping.

Things seem to have turned on their head of late. Once, people who had cars were the exception and generally considered quite well off, and those without used the bus if work was not in walking distance. Now, public transport is very expensive and using a car can be seen as the cheaper alternative!

I suppose another big factor is that people have to travel more to work now, jobs used to be more local. Where I grew up, most of the men worked at the local colliery, the local brickworks or the local brewery (handy, that!), which were all within walking distance.

I think we could all more happily accept measures to improve air quality if adequate, affordable, zero emission public transport were available as an alternative. The Bristol scheme and others like it seem to solve one problem while creating several more - not at all well thought through as you say. 

• Like 1

Anyone having trouble uploading pictures? Getting a '-200' message come up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Nope...... a shot of Amble marina in Northumberland earlier this year btw😀

IMG_20190510_213757.jpg

• Like 2

we all had a fright tonight. well my son  did first, were on our way out our villa to go out for tea and he went out front door, and came rushing back in. a big racoon was on top of a dustbin right next to car. he came in saying it was ON dustbin. we peered outside and raccon had gone. or we thought it had. we all started looking up garden for it. little did we know the thing had got IN the bin.  it then  lifted the bin lid and climbed out frighthening the life out us all. i shot back in the house and shut door to stop it getting in. leaving everyone else outside. ha ha.

then as we arrived home a huge rabbit ran across driveway. at least we havent seen an alligator yet, there in the wooded area behind us with the snakes.

IMG-20191107-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Nice 👍. It's not working for me 😢

What platform?  Working fine on Android...here's a fish wearing lipstick I found while cleaning out Nan's pond a few weeks ago... :laugh:

IMG_20191016_154417511.thumb.jpg.f2d8c6f3acb41673a313de12c4f8e0b7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, iantt said:

i shot back in the house and shut door to stop it getting in. leaving everyone else outside. ha ha..

That made me laugh, exactly what I would have done!! :laugh: :lol:

Didn't you have a broom to chase them off the porch like momma used to? :wink:

made me laugh afterwards too. didnt think of the rest of family outside. i did press the buttons to open the side doors ( electrically opened for the lazy fat americans) on the dodge people carrie. r thing. trouble is the doors shut slowly and racoon could have jumped in with them

seeing the racoon popping out of the dustbin reminded me of the fair games of whack a mole. ha ha. 

the broom was in the garage after chasing off cockroaches around the pool table. there some quick creatures!!

never a dull moment here in the wilderness . i can hear the racoons now in the bushes . 

• Like 3

I don't like the way people think that merge in turn means don't under any circumstances let anyone in in front of you :fyou:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like the way people think that merge in turn means don't under any circumstances let anyone in in front of you :fyou:

There's a lot of stupidity on the roads. 

Just today on Facebook in my local area someone posted up a picture of the council putting up bollards somewhere. Now there was a black 5 series in the picture which I believe was the one I came across a few weeks back who cut in front of me. I commented saying about this that I hope that car isn't what I mentioned. Got someone replying 'what would you do if it was? Nothing at all.  !!!' 

It's hard to tell in what way he said this but my first impression was this guy is a bad driver too and didn't like it or most likely questioned if I had some motive to do some criminal activities to the driver of the car 🤔. He did get a few likes so most likely it's the second thought. 

that damn racoons back and frightened the life out of me this time as i went out to put recycle bottles in bin. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, zain611 said:

Me too

19 hours ago, zain611 said:

Pic of a tweet from Orkney police yesterday! 😆

73539744_10218057848010040_2318528912381968384_n.jpg

• Like 2

I don't like some disappearing comments on my YouTube videos...  :unsure: 

I've just seen a notification for them from last week...but they're nowhere to be seen.  Can't see them as 'admin' on phone app or laptop, can't see them as public on phone or laptop, tried updating the app as well...but nope, still not there!  If I click 'reply' on the notification I just get taken to a blank reply page and told there are no comments on this particular video. 

Anyone else lost comments from YouTube vids before?  I wondered if they were removed for breaking rules but surely I'd get some sort of notification about that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, zain611 said:

There's a lot of stupidity on the roads. 

Just today on Facebook in my local area someone posted up a picture of the council putting up bollards somewhere. Now there was a black 5 series in the picture which I believe was the one I came across a few weeks back who cut in front of me. I commented saying about this that I hope that car isn't what I mentioned. Got someone replying 'what would you do if it was? Nothing at all.  !!!' 

It's hard to tell in what way he said this but my first impression was this guy is a bad driver too and didn't like it or most likely questioned if I had some motive to do some criminal activities to the driver of the car 🤔. He did get a few likes so most likely it's the second thought. 

It really isn't worth commenting on driving on Facebook! :laugh: 

People have different views on what's dangerous or even inconsiderate...and the majority of drivers believe they're good drivers and will defend their driving style regardless.  

The other issue with Facebook is that it has your name, face and potentially car/reg so you're easy to find.  In this case, being a black 5 series, it's potentially full of knives, guns, class A drugs and 5 big lads it's probably best to just keep it to yourself...  :unsure: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like some disappearing comments on my YouTube videos...  :unsure: 

I've just seen a notification for them from last week...but they're nowhere to be seen.  Can't see them as 'admin' on phone app or laptop, can't see them as public on phone or laptop, tried updating the app as well...but nope, still not there!  If I click 'reply' on the notification I just get taken to a blank reply page and told there are no comments on this particular video. 

Anyone else lost comments from YouTube vids before?  I wondered if they were removed for breaking rules but surely I'd get some sort of notification about that?

I've had this happen to me a few times when commenting. I thought the YouTuber got sick of me commenting on his vids 😂. I have got a lot of likes on a few comments on several vids in the top 3 most liked comments which I'm surprised on. 

Haven't had time to watch your vids also. I'm trying to do my essay but doing it so slowly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

It really isn't worth commenting on driving on Facebook! :laugh: 

People have different views on what's dangerous or even inconsiderate...and the majority of drivers believe they're good drivers and will defend their driving style regardless.  

The other issue with Facebook is that it has your name, face and potentially car/reg so you're easy to find.  In this case, being a black 5 series, it's potentially full of knives, guns, class A drugs and 5 big lads it's probably best to just keep it to yourself...  :unsure: 

Agree with the last thing probably shouldn't of said anything. Luckily I don't really have anything which could track me. I do have a picture of my fiesta on there but with the old reg. The irony is that person who said that got 6 likes and my response to him got 3 likes which I said was 'true 😂. Just don't like bad drivers'. 

That 5 series I came across had black wheels and tinted rear plates (not sure of the front). I'm starting to have a hatred for people with tinted plates as I just think they use them so people can't read they reg if they did something wrong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Me too

@Stoney871 is there any reason for us getting the '-200' error when trying to upload pictures? Haven't been able to upload pics since yesterday 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club