Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like this incident that happened a week ago. Came back home after celebrating my birthday then my neighbour came asking to go to the house about a burglary. Sadly the low life's cut the garden light wire and smashed the back door. It was her grandmothers house who passed away a few months back. Luckily it was emptied out so the thieves couldn't find anything good. I was standing downstairs like a security guard whilst the neighbour and mum were looking at the damage upstairs. 

Screenshot_20191117-170601.png

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I don't like this incident that happened a week ago. Came back home after celebrating my birthday then my neighbour came asking to go to the house about a burglary. Sadly the low life's cut the garden light wire and smashed the back door. It was her grandmothers house who passed away a few months back. Luckily it was emptied out so the thieves couldn't find anything good. I was standing downstairs like a security guard whilst the neighbour and mum were looking at the damage upstairs. 

Screenshot_20191117-170601.png

scum bags

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zain611 said:

In terms of robbery and theft the worst lowest form in my opinion has to be doing it to a persons home; 

Whatever about robbing banks or items from shops everyone should be left to have the peace and security of there own home at the end of the day. 

People work hard for what they have at home regardless of how much or little; 

We were victims of burglary twice when we had an apartment back in 2006 I was then earning €1650 per month and paying €850 rent on the apartment, I had a Toshiba Satellite laptop at the time which had took me six months to save up the money to purchase for €1200 

We went out to the hospital one Wednesday for the first ultrasound scan on the wife to see first sight of our eldest daughter; came back to find three doors kicked in; all wardrobe items on the floor, food cabinets all open and contents on the floor aswell as my laptop gone.

I had a replica AK-47 which the detective then took from me when he arrived to take fingerprints it was taken under weapons amnesty 🤷‍♂️ that was €276 never got it back neither. 

Turns out they got the guy whom has since passed away but was a heroin addict with HIV whom had nothing to lose, had been caught for 17 robberies in total got a six month sentence,

We left the appartment after that never went back; out of fear that he may return for somthing else which he saw; garda said he saw the replica and thought I was a dealer 😂

A neighbour of my mothers passed away in hospital and there house was robbed that day in search for money; theres absolutely no respect for others anymore; 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Lenny said:

In terms of robbery and theft the worst lowest form in my opinion has to be doing it to a persons home; 

Whatever about robbing banks or items from shops everyone should be left to have the peace and security of there own home at the end of the day. 

People work hard for what they have at home regardless of how much or little; 

We were victims of burglary twice when we had an apartment back in 2006 I was then earning €1650 per month and paying €850 rent on the apartment, I had a Toshiba Satellite laptop at the time which had took me six months to save up the money to purchase for €1200 

We went out to the hospital one Wednesday for the first ultrasound scan on the wife to see first sight of our eldest daughter; came back to find three doors kicked in; all wardrobe items on the floor, food cabinets all open and contents on the floor aswell as my laptop gone.

I had a replica AK-47 which the detective then took from me when he arrived to take fingerprints it was taken under weapons amnesty 🤷‍♂️ that was €276 never got it back neither. 

Turns out they got the guy whom has since passed away but was a heroin addict with HIV whom had nothing to lose, had been caught for 17 robberies in total got a six month sentence,

We left the appartment after that never went back; out of fear that he may return for somthing else which he saw; garda said he saw the replica and thought I was a dealer 😂

A neighbour of my mothers passed away in hospital and there house was robbed that day in search for money; theres absolutely no respect for others anymore; 

Sounds similar to what happened to my parents. When they lived in a flat before I was born they got burgled where they took the wedding jewellery including my mums wedding ring. Since then my mum didn't feel safe living there as she felt her privacy had been invaded. In the current house we have a front porch light which comes on when someone gets near. Two front doors, one to get in the porch and another to get into the house which both are locked with a key in the barrel of the inner door. In the back the conservatory door and inner doors both locked. 

Its sad how low people go to do these sort of stuff. My neighbour was thinking it's the tenants down the road who broke in but can't say for certain. A met white van came the next day after and possibly took some swabs. 

Wish I had my cricket bat with me as use of defence if I ever come across these people 

Hmm, anyone know what's causing this rattle on my washer dryer?  Sounds like a faulty diff!! :laugh:

But seriously, I rely on it heavily due to my OCD, really can't have that break as well.  My oven is still faulty and causing more than enough stress as it is! :sad:

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

@TomsFocus Does it do when the machine is off and you spin the drum by hand?

Still waiting for it to finish! :yawn:

Oddly it's stopped making the noise now it's in the drying cycle though...  :unsure:

In other news, I've just put a pan of potatoes on to boil and went to the loo while waiting...  10 mins later I can smell a nasty burning smell...  Come through to the kitchen and see I've switched the wrong ring on... 🤦‍♂️  

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Still waiting for it to finish! :yawn:

Oddly it's stopped making the noise now it's in the drying cycle though...  :unsure:

In other news, I've just put a pan of potatoes on to boil and went to the loo while waiting...  10 mins later I can smell a nasty burning smell...  Come through to the kitchen and see I've switched the wrong ring on... 🤦‍♂️  

Ring stinger 😲

#JustEat 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Ring stinger 😲

That was this morning tbh...  TMI maybe but it's been 'one of those days' which explains why I'm failing at dinner and also why I may have been a little over anxious about the washer... :laugh:

And regards to the washer...it spins absolutely fine now, no unusual noises... 

I also had a major fail in Tesco today that resulted in me leaving the shopping...and forgetting to reclaim my trolley pound too!  Last time I use the handheld scanners at Tesco anyway! :sad:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That was this morning tbh...  TMI maybe but it's been 'one of those days' which explains why I'm failing at dinner and also why I may have been a little over anxious about the washer... :laugh:

And regards to the washer...it spins absolutely fine now, no unusual noises... 

I also had a major fail in Tesco today that resulted in me leaving the shopping...and forgetting to reclaim my trolley pound too!  Last time I use the handheld scanners at Tesco anyway! :sad:

They don't trust us with hand held scanners over here; only self service checkouts 

Tried Tesco scan and shop once only.
Got to checkout and was picked for random checks.
Assistant scanned 5 items at random which were correct but for some reason chose to do a full re-scan and proceeded to pick up my bags, tip them all out into the trolley and go through the items like they were digging through dirty laundry.
Stuff was crushed and dented so I snapped my clubcard in half, dropped it on the floor, retrieved my bags and simply walked out.
No way I was going to stand there being embarrased by them and then expected to re-bag all that ruined food just because the assistant was being snotty.
Didn't go back to Tesco's for 2 years after that and still now refuse to have another clubcard from them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Assistant scanned 5 items at random which were correct but for some reason chose to do a full re-scan and proceeded to pick up my bags, tip them all out into the trolley and go through the items like they were digging through dirty laundry.
Stuff was crushed and dented so I snapped my clubcard in half, dropped it on the floor, retrieved my bags and simply walked out.
No way I was going to stand there being embarrased by them and then expected to re-bag all that ruined food just because the assistant was being snotty.
Didn't go back to Tesco's for 2 years after that and still now refuse to have another clubcard from them.

I shop at a big Tesco and I've only seen a few people use the scanners, but I'm not interested,
I've never used the self service checkouts either, I don't care if I've got £10 or £100 worth of stuff,
They have to pay staff to watch you, making you feel like a criminal, I'd rather just have their staff scan it and I'll pack it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lenny said:

They don't trust us with hand held scanners over here; only self service checkouts 

They don't trust us either...everyone seems to get rescanned at Tesco!! 😒 

Sainsbury's handheld is fine and works well, literally only been rescanned twice there in a year and it's only a few items each time.  Tesco is another matter though...but tbf they don't even trust us with the trollies there!  Don't need a pound for them at Sainsbury's...

40 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Well, that's made me feel better...with hindsight I thought I might have been over reacting about all the crushed boxes, defrosting food, battered bread and wiping potential raw chicken germs (which I picked last and bagged separately) over all the ready to eat stuff...  Needless to say I wasn't pleased.  That's the second time I've had to have a full rescan within the last couple of months though!

Won't bother any more, I'll keep doing a big shop using Sainsbury's self scan and just too up at Tesco using a basket and the self-service checkout instead.

13 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

I shop at a big Tesco and I've only seen a few people use the scanners, but I'm not interested,
I've never used the self service checkouts either, I don't care if I've got £10 or £100 worth of stuff,
They have to pay staff to watch you, making you feel like a criminal, I'd rather just have their staff scan it and I'll pack it.

I don't want their staff touching all the stuff I've specifically chosen from the back of the shelf! :laugh: 

I use Tesco, online shopping though, I can’t be doing with actually visiting a store. 

• Like 2

Sainsburys are also bad (used to be a Sainsburys shopper, switched to Tesco around 4-5 months ago) - they have the draconian 1984 cameras at each self-service checkout that are almost at head height aimed right at your face! 

My town is probably the only one in the UK with three tescos and one Sainsburys - and it's a small one too (circa 100-150k pop). One Tesco metro in the town center, and the other two are a Superstore and Extra barely two miles away from each other! No Asda or Morrisons though.

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Hmm, anyone know what's causing this rattle on my washer dryer?  Sounds like a faulty diff!! :laugh:

But seriously, I rely on it heavily due to my OCD, really can't have that break as well.  My oven is still faulty and causing more than enough stress as it is! :sad:

Sounds like a coin or something got past the drum, best case scenario it is now in the filter so I'd check that.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Incontro said:

Sainsburys are also bad (used to be a Sainsburys shopper, switched to Tesco around 4-5 months ago) - they have the draconian 1984 cameras at each self-service checkout that are almost at head height aimed right at your face! 

My town is probably the only one in the UK with three tescos and one Sainsburys - and it's a small one too (circa 100-150k pop). One Tesco metro in the town center, and the other two are a Superstore and Extra barely two miles away from each other! No Asda or Morrisons though.

I don't mind cameras tbh, we're on camera in pretty much every public area these days anyway.  I don't use ATM's any more (don't use cash!) but when I did I always felt awkward trying to avoid eye contact with the camera on them, probably looking even more shifty than normal! :laugh: 

There are loads of supermarkets here, similar population but fairly spread out...  5 Tesco Express, 2 Tesco Extra, 1 Tesco Metro, 2 Large Sainsburys and 2 Sainsburys Local, 1 Large ASDA and one small ASDA, 1 large Morrisons.  1 large Waitrose and 1 small.  4 ALDI, 2 LIDL and about 15+ Co Op's. 

I can walk to 2 Tesco stores but have to drive to Sainsburys...although I quickly realised I couldn't carry a 'big shop' from Tesco despite the proximity...the DPF hates Tesco runs! :laugh: 

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Sounds like a coin or something got past the drum, best case scenario it is now in the filter so I'd check that.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that!  I rarely use coins so it didn't even cross my mind - although oddly I thought about it being a bra wire...but I definitely don't use those! :unsure:  Will check the filter today. :smile: 

13 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I use Tesco, online shopping though, I can’t be doing with actually visiting a store. 

I have thought about online shopping tbh.  Or they also do click & collect at my local Extra store.  Apart from being easier, how do you find it?

I like to chose things with long dates, perfect packaging and make sure nothing spends too long out of the freezer etc.  Not sure I trust the 16 y/o pickers to do the same!  Of course the other issue with either online or C&C is the substitutions for when they've inevitably run out of half the stuff I wanted.

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I have thought about online shopping tbh.  Or they also do click & collect at my local Extra store.  

These things drive me nuts! At our local Tesco you can hardly get to the shelves for pickers in the way. And the car park is blocked by people queuing in their cars to pick up their stuff from the  "click and collect" point. That's before you mention the students from the college opposite, who wander around the aisles in droves before blocking the tills buying one bar of chocolate!😠

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I have thought about online shopping tbh.  Or they also do click & collect at my local Extra store.  Apart from being easier, how do you find it?

I like to chose things with long dates, perfect packaging and make sure nothing spends too long out of the freezer etc.  Not sure I trust the 16 y/o pickers to do the same!  Of course the other issue with either online or C&C is the substitutions for when they've inevitably run out of half the stuff I wanted.

It's not just who handles your shopping though is it? It's who the driver is too and how the items have been packed.
Also, as the vans are only refrigerated, the frozen stuff basically goes into an insulated cool box in the fridge section of the van. The vans are often on the road for 5+ hours and of course the fridges only work when the vehicle engine is switched on (in the case of one company I worked for, the drivers were on the road for 7 1/2 hours each shift). 

Having worked for a few grocery delivery services over the years, I know all about how pick and pack etc work. Substitutions are a whole other world. 

13 hours ago, Incontro said:

A lot of supermarkets with SS checkouts now have the cameras on them. I've used Asda self scan before and only once did I get picked for a check.
In my town there are 2 Sainsbury's stores within a mile of each other (one is part of a shopping mall), 2 Morrisons stores (again, one is part of a shopping mall), 2 or 3 Sainsbury's locals, 3 Asda stores (1x superstore, 1x smaller store and 1x Asda home part of a shopping mall) but no Tesco superstore, only a few Tesco extras. Tesco have also just opened their discount store Jacks on the retail park. Within a 5 mile radius there are 3, yes 3, Lidl stores and 2 Aldi stores.  

I pretty much do all my shopping at the smaller of the 2 Sainsbury's stores. Partly because it's on a retail park, partly because it's usually quiet when I go (early morning) and also cos I don't have to pay for parking or spend more than £20 to be eligible for free parking (max 2 hours). 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

These things drive me nuts! At our local Tesco you can hardly get to the shelves for pickers in the way. And the car park is blocked by people queuing in their cars to pick up their stuff from the  "click and collect" point. That's before you mention the students from the college opposite, who wander around the aisles in droves before blocking the tills buying one bar of chocolate!😠

I don't know who designs supermarket car parks tbh, they all seem to be terrible to get in and out of even at quiet times.  Painting arrows on the floor doesn't help either!  And when they're not blocked solid, people park huge SUVs on the end spaces so you just have to just pull out and hope for the best with absolutely no visibility.  I wouldn't mind so much if they were designed before cars...but these out of town supermarkets were only created because of the rise in cars!

I'll bet the college students moan about all the retired people shopping during college breaks when they have the entire day to chose from! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'll bet the college students moan about all the retired people shopping during college breaks when they have the entire day to chose from!

Lol, I would have thought that, but there seem to be hundreds of them having breaks anytime from 9am to 5pm. Could go in the evening I suppose, but it's winter now and we old folks don't like driving in the dark!😀

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

It's not just who handles your shopping though is it? It's who the driver is too and how the items have been packed.
Also, as the vans are only refrigerated, the frozen stuff basically goes into an insulated cool box in the fridge section of the van. The vans are often on the road for 5+ hours and of course the fridges only work when the vehicle engine is switched on (in the case of one company I worked for, the drivers were on the road for 7 1/2 hours each shift). 

Having worked for a few grocery delivery services over the years, I know all about how pick and pack etc work. Substitutions are a whole other world. 

A lot of supermarkets with SS checkouts now have the cameras on them. I've used Asda self scan before and only once did I get picked for a check.
In my town there are 2 Sainsbury's stores within a mile of each other (one is part of a shopping mall), 2 Morrisons stores (again, one is part of a shopping mall), 2 or 3 Sainsbury's locals, 3 Asda stores (1x superstore, 1x smaller store and 1x Asda home part of a shopping mall) but no Tesco superstore, only a few Tesco extras. Tesco have also just opened their discount store Jacks on the retail park. Within a 5 mile radius there are 3, yes 3, Lidl stores and 2 Aldi stores.  

I pretty much do all my shopping at the smaller of the 2 Sainsbury's stores. Partly because it's on a retail park, partly because it's usually quiet when I go (early morning) and also cos I don't have to pay for parking or spend more than £20 to be eligible for free parking (max 2 hours). 

Tbh, I don't even trust the food to have been delivered to store safely, or shelved within a suitable amount of time...  All the cardboard boxes on chilled or frozen items seem to either be soggy, or have a wavy effect where it's clearly been soggy previously.  Half of them are already crushed because they've lost their rigidity.  And I often find frozen water puddles or a thick layer of snow on them.  When I was buying ice creams in summer I got a few that had melted and refrozen as well.  And that's before reaching the chilled meat aisle where half the ham is already grey!?  I overheard one of the staff saying it was due to the chiller fans but I'm not sure that's true...  :unsure:  

I don't trust anything chilled or frozen from the supermarkets...but I can't really live off toast & crisps!  :sad: 

The fresh fruit and veg is all crap now too, especially since removing dates from it...I get that it was done to reduce waste but when there's an entire crate of rotten, mouldy potatoes that's not helping anyone.  

I didn't know the vans weren't equipped with freezer sections though, why is that?  Tbh that was one of the reasons I was considering delivery, especially in summer.

18 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, I would have thought that, but there seem to be hundreds of them having breaks anytime from 9am to 5pm. Could go in the evening I suppose, but it's winter now and we old folks don't like driving in the dark!😀

Lol, tbf it's probably best you don't go to Tesco carpark in a sporty Fiesta in the evening...  

You'll be expected to make pops and bangs on the way in and leave the engine running for hours while playing overly loud, bassy music before heading to Maccy's leaving a set of 11's on the way out and hoping not to pick up a section 59! :laugh:  

I tend to go around 10am...it's late enough for the rush hour traffic to have passed, but early enough to avoid the elderlies and Mum's with kids who all seem to arrive around 11am. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Just checked the filter...nothing in there!  Tbh it was surprisingly clear considering it's a dryer combi, I expected a big wad of fluff to come out!  Will just have to wait for the next load to see if it happens again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club