Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Came across this funny and awkward moment today when coming back on the train. Was waiting to get off the next stop, there was this lady next to me and this guy came up to her I believe asking her to take his number ๐Ÿ˜‚. She was on the phone to someone and said shes going to call them back. She took his number and asked his name. The guy even said 'it's naughty of me to ask'. Some people either are desperate or have guts to do that ๐Ÿคฃ

@TomsFocus I think you need to go asda. Have one local to me and mum always goes there with no problems. She did get one worker trying to awkwardly flirt with her but don't get that when I'm there with her ๐Ÿ™„

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, tbf it's probably best you don't go to Tesco carpark in a sporty Fiesta in the evening... ย 

Avoided the problem altogether today by going to our nearest Sainsbury's instead. They don't do online shopping orย click and collect at that store and no college nearby either. Result!

Baffles me why the students waste their free periods hanging round supermarkets. I didn't get much free time when I was at college due to doing two qualifications in tandem, but when I did,ย  I used my time wisely by going to the pub!๐Ÿ˜€

Edited by Eric Bloodaxe
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Avoided the problem altogether today by going to our nearest Sainsbury's instead. They don't do online shopping orย click and collect at that store and no college nearby either. Result!

Baffles me why the students waste their free periods hanging round supermarkets. I didn't get much free time when I was at college due to doing two qualifications in tandem, but when I did,ย  I used my time wisely by going to the pub!๐Ÿ˜€

Back in my undergraduate degree I'd go with my friend to the local coop. Would only take us 3 minutes to get what we want ๐Ÿ˜‚. Wasn't really any other supermarket except for takeaway shops on the road which must get good money from the students.ย 

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Would only take us 3 minutes to get what we want ๐Ÿ˜‚

You're obviously a much more efficient shopper than the lot I was mentioning!๐Ÿ˜€

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You're obviously a much more efficient shopper than the lot I was mentioning!๐Ÿ˜€

With me when I'm lemoning a friend it's hard for me to detach from them and go somewhere else ๐Ÿ˜‚. I wouldn't get anything but would go with my friend in. He'd used to quickly grab a sandwich or pastry then head to the till. Me and him would then comment on the alcohol behind the counter saying its probably our drunk teachers stashย ๐Ÿคฃ. Loved the takeaway shops there. I went to one specific one with 2 of my friends every Thursday after 5pm when we finished our day in uni. The owner was a really kind lighthearted guy with his wife and daughter helping him. I'd always give my plate back to him and even put plates away of the previous customers.ย 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

ย ๐Ÿคฃ

@TomsFocus I think you need to go asda. Have one local to me and mum always goes there with no problems. She did get one worker trying to awkwardly flirt with her but don't get that when I'm there with her ๐Ÿ™„

Asda is the other side of town so I rarely go there now, used to go quite often before I moved though!

There are 2 very specific things I like from ASDA...first is the custard slice after I saw you buy one earlier in the year lol, it's much better than Tesco one!ย  And the other is thier basic toilet brush and holder...for 49p!!ย  Honestly haven't seen a better deal on them. :laugh:

It's not all good though, I did have a dodgy prepped salad from there about 8 years ago...never risked another!

I don't have to worry about anyone trying to flirt with me...if my face wasn't enough they've soon change their mind when I spoke! :lol:

ย 

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

ย 

I worked in a small supermarket when I was 18...used to do evening shifts and it was a fairly undesirable area!ย  Saw a lot of new sights after only ever living in a tiny rural village!!ย  But what was really is odd is there were a group of youths that wanted to hang out around the checkouts chatting with the till staff (all 2 of us!) for hours at a time.ย  I never did understand why they didn't have anywhere better to be...surely even sitting at home would have been preferable!ย 

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

With me when I'm lemoning a friend it's hard for me to detach from them and go somewhere else ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Haha, I never know the social protocol when I go to car shows with other people...like do we stick together?ย  Do we wander and meet later?ย  Is it weird if I join a group of old mates and follow them around when I only see them once a year?ย  Who knows!ย  I'm sure I embarass myself each time anyway. :laugh:

ย 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Good point, I hadn't thought of that!ย  I rarely use coins so it didn't even cross my mind - although oddly I thought about it being a bra wire...but I definitely don't use those! :unsure:ย  Will check the filter today. :smile:ย 

I should hope not!! :laugh:

• Haha 1

Dentist appointment today at 10:30 to discuss removal of a tooth which the filling fell out of back in May 2017ย 

Its behind the black one; can fit a whole head of a Johnsons cotton bud inside it; wife says I need to go before I get sepsisย 

The pain comes and goes; Wednesday night I got three hours sleep and had taken six nurofen tablets one every 20 minutes which were supposed to be one every six hoursย 

Dont drink 4 cans of redbull per day for 15 years kidsย 

20191107_030650.thumb.jpg.21a021647e4b64d163596a7979513cba.jpg

ย 

20191107_031121.jpg

20191107_031103.jpg

• Like 1

@Lenny How did it go then?ย  I certainly don't envy you having to get it sorted!ย 

Still haven't been myself...ย  May app't was cancelled last minute. Oct app't I didn't even get a foot through the door before having such a severe panic attack I could no longer stand up and had to leave, lasted for over 2 hours.ย  Meant to try again next week but that's been cancelled as well...now been offered one a week before xmas!ย  I'm already dreading xmas as it is, without having the thought of that hanging over it too...and as it's just a checkup they'll inevitably tell me I need to come back for some treatment done after xmas which I won't be able to cope with either.ย  Even if I can get in the building in Dec, I doubt I'll get anywhere near the chair before triggering a panic attack.ย  I was triggered by just the sight of a dentists office on the news yesterday...in my own home ffs, without all the smells and sounds etc of the real place.ย  I had to scroll straight past your pic btw, can't even look at my own teeth lol.

I honestly don't know how anyone drags a body through life without being constantly terrified about all the things that can and do go wrong with them!? :sad: The longer we have to be alive, the worse it gets as well.ย  I had another psych assessment this week, and was repeatedly asked if I could keep myself 'safe' (with regards to certain 'thoughts') but it seemed like such an odd thing to say, being alive is the most dangerous state we can be in, no-one is safe!! :unsure:ย 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

@Lenny How did it go then?ย  I certainly don't envy you having to get it sorted!ย 

Still haven't been myself...ย  May app't was cancelled last minute. Oct app't I didn't even get a foot through the door before having such a severe panic attack I could no longer stand up and had to leave, lasted for over 2 hours.ย  Meant to try again next week but that's been cancelled as well...now been offered one a week before xmas!ย  I'm already dreading xmas as it is, without having the thought of that hanging over it too...and as it's just a checkup they'll inevitably tell me I need to come back for some treatment done after xmas which I won't be able to cope with either.ย  Even if I can get in the building in Dec, I doubt I'll get anywhere near the chair before triggering a panic attack.ย  I was triggered by just the sight of a dentists office on the news yesterday...in my own home ffs, without all the smells and sounds etc of the real place.ย  I had to scroll straight past your pic btw, can't even look at my own teeth lol.

I honestly don't know how anyone drags a body through life without being constantly terrified about all the things that can and do go wrong with them!? :sad: The longer we have to be alive, the worse it gets as well.ย  I had another psych assessment this week, and was repeatedly asked if I could keep myself 'safe' (with regards to certain 'thoughts') but it seemed like such an odd thing to say, being alive is the most dangerous state we can be in, no-one is safe!! :unsure:ย 

Thanks for asking mate and I appreciate your understanding of me having anxiety;ย 

The last time I was at a dentist was 2005 where I was sedated for an extraction;ย 

The place we went to today is all women working there which I find easier to cope with, I had to fill in forms which asked questions regarding health aswell as questions of "how anxious would you feel about having your teeth examined" A: Not atall B: somewhat concerned etc.ย 

So they knew before I went in atall that i was very anxious; I was lucky to have my wife by my side today, I wouldn't have gone alone i'm also very depressed about my teeth; I was allowed to keep using a dummy at night until I was seven and didn't know any difference at that age it was comfort; left me with an over bite and I wasn't encouraged to brush my teeth back then.ย 

I know the difference now and have done for many years but I don't feel I matter; my job now is to encourage my kids to do good in life and spend six days per week of my life working to gain as much money as possible to pay the Bill's and provide them with everything I feel they need more than what they ever ask for themselves.ย 

I need to get my glasses updated and well now my teeth too, I haven't spent a penny on clothes for myself in almostย two years as I wear like a fireman outfit in work and dont go anywhere special just the forest or Tesco's have two pairs of Jean's and three Tesco polo tops. Yet I look after my kids and wife with superdry jackets, fablethics (for the wife) and nike 270'sย 

I just don't feel that I matter; I see myself as a machine my job is to make money and promote the kids, teach them things and the eldest daughter now teaching her about money and ways to deal with stress in life aswell as cooking skills.

Perhaps i should see someone about the way I treat myself but I'm too busy working; I give work my every effort always with my family in my mind which is rewarding for me; I aim to get results in work because the income helps me see results for my family.ย 

Anyways today:

Went in filled forms, had xray done and turns out I need five fillings aswell as that tooth removed; she suggested sedation and do everything the one day,ย 

So its going to be โ‚ฌ1,010.00 if she can get it all done in one sessionย 

Orย 

โ‚ฌ1,310.00 if she cant get it all done in one day,ย 

Like you im booked in for the Thursday morning before Christmas 19th Decemberย 

I'm finished work on the Tuesday of that week; as I dont like Christmas anymore, and I don't drink socially, which then brings me down when workmates are going out together and I don't have the clothes or drinking stamina to take part in such events as my main interests are in my family.ย 

I'm lucky to be working in a private sector job where seasons dont matter to the industry; the chemical plant looks the same all year and I listen to spotify in the car or at home; so for me it doesn't feel like Christmas unless I want it to.

Almost lost my son in 2013 he was four weeks old got pneumonia then while in quarantine contracted MRSA sent home with pneumonia and fingers crossed; chemist were afraid to provide the prescription for antibiotics because he was so small; since then I can't listen to the Carol "Silent night" or Coldplay's "Magic" I used to sing them to him in my arms while feeling completely numb with hope and desire for his recovery which thankfully hes a grand tall chap now celebrated his fifth birthday last week.

I will really enjoy Christmas day with my kids and I'm looking forward to Santa's arrival will be real Genuine love and fun but that's all there is and shir it's a blessing to have that much in life,ย 

But if I were to then try and have a pleasant experience with my own parents or brothers and sisters the complexity bitterness tears me apart I've disowned a brother many years ago the guy should be killed and I'm surprised he hasn't been, my other brother has a serious drink problem haven't spoken in over a year since he met up with a girl whom loves the Coke and moved her in. Also disowned a sister for similar reasons as the brother, which only leaves one sister left whom is after my mothers property; then my father whom had a long term 22 year drink problem is sober twelve years now I'm proud of him for that but hes hooked up with an Estonian woman and has bought an apartment in her country for them to stay in when visiting her country; her daughter also lives in it;ย 

I asked the guy (my father) retired teacher; last August for a loan of โ‚ฌ1,400 until 14th November to purchase our eldest daughter a computer for seconday school in preparation for September so as she wouldn't be behind,ย 

And he wouldn't not couldn't he wouldn't help me out; I've since saved the money and spent โ‚ฌ2400 on the computer which will last for two out of three kids through school and were now on track with school work but I'll never forget the one time I asked for help,ย 

How can they expect to see me at Christmas all smiles and togetherness when there is no shared view; and it wasn't for my Direct benefit I asked for a loan it was to benefit my kids education and he used to be a teacher for heavens sake,ย 

If I do see him at Christmas I'm going to show him the invoice for the computer which was purchased on the 14th November the very day I told him back in August that I would have the money to pay the useless waste back. And the invoice figure is almost double what I was reluctantly asking him to lend in the first place; I never asked for anything before and hes told my brother that he would pay his mortgage for a year if he went to rehabilitation so he does have a considerable amount of savings; just wont help me.ย 

Anyways back to the main discussion now again; I hadn't envisioned being faced with a dentist's bill of โ‚ฌ1,010 - โ‚ฌ1,310 this side of Christmas after spending heavily on the computer and desk last week but I'll get it sorted out; the boss is very good to me in work; knows I'm a worker and let's me stay on an extra four hours if theres someone missing off the next Shift coming in.ย 

Hes also a ford man ๐Ÿ‘

I'll be a new man when it's all finished ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Just need to quit the energy drinks now.ย 

Sorry for the rant I'm going to read it all myself now to see if I can make sense of it too lol see if I can figure out myself what's wrong with me๐Ÿ˜…ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lennyย sounds like your going through a very similar thing to me.ย 

With me I was a thumb sucker to about 5 years old. Lead to the overhang of my front upper teeth. Gives me insecurities when I'm outside as I start to get a little paranoid. Just last week I went to my dentist appointment and I'm hopefully now orally healthy to get braces. The dentist said to me if I should either get upper braces or a surgery to align my jaw and correct the teeth. I was thinking of surgery (although scared as I've never experienced it) however the guy was more pushing me for the upper braces. The consultant came and said itll be best to have both upper and lower braces.ย 

For me I am happy for that as at least I'll get both upper and lower teeth corrected. Only thing is though i have a pocket on the lower side of my mouth so if that doesn't heal enough in January then they might not put bottom braces on. Also it is not certain if they might have to remove any teeth during treatment. Hopefully not ๐Ÿ™

ย 

• Like 3

Braces are probably the best thing Iโ€™ve had done medically, had them for 2-3 years and they really worked well.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Braces are probably the best thing Iโ€™ve had done medically, had them for 2-3 years and they really worked well.

Does make me happy seeing that from you. Just wish I got them done years ago. For a few years now I've just been admitting to hospitals but then getting discharged because they were saying my teeth aren't looking great or I'm not taking enough care of them. Got discharged from 2 hospital in the several years. Last hospital I thought I was brushing properly but the dentist said I'm not and just discharged me and got the impression she thinks I'm just messing around. Back then I was using whitening toothpaste which I don't think cleans at all.ย 

The current hospital they deep cleaned that pocket (which actually was why I got discharged from the previous place) and several weeks ago I got good news that the pocket has gotten smaller from 5 to 3mm which was great to hear and now this about the Braces hopefully happening in January. Just worried how ill look with them on.ย 

• Like 3

When they say it's a deal when it's not a deal like all this Black Friday stuff, amazon started a week early but reading into it there just ''Deal of the day'' deals which ain't cheaper.

What it says its just added more deals 30 or so more and I always check on eBay and most times I get it cheaper than their deals, makes me laugh.

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

When they say it's a deal when it's not a deal like all this Black Friday stuff, Amazon started a week early but reading into it there just ''Deal of the day'' deals which ain't cheaper.

I'm sure that all retailers hike the price for a few weeks before any sales so that they can make it look like a good deal when it "goes on sale".ย 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I'm sure that all retailers hike the price for a few weeks before any sales so that they can make it look like a good deal when it "goes on sale".ย 

Yeah that what ive seen. Autobeam are one example. As I go on their website most of the time I've kind of memorised their pricesย 

The big thing where amazon wins for a few items is the next day if on prime, I'm not on prime but my friend is, so I'm second address on his account so I don't need an account.

Saying that I have just got me a A119 V3 Dash Cam as I have one in the front and will now upgrade my back from the old A119s,Amazing picture quality and ยฃ20 cheaper.

ย 

I don't like seeing that the BBC Red Button service (Teletext) is ending in January. ย  I use it every night to check the most up to date weather for the next day(s).ย  :sad:ย 

Wouldn't mind so much if we weren't having to pay ยฃ150 a year for the BBC to keep taking away services...I used to regularly watch BBC3 before they decided to stop that as well! ย ๐Ÿ˜’

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like seeing that the BBC Red Button service (Teletext) is ending in January. ย  I use it every night to check the most up to date weather for the next day(s).ย  :sad:ย 

Wouldn't mind so much if we weren't having to pay ยฃ150 a year for the BBC to keep taking away services...I used to regularly watch BBC3 before they decided to stop that as well! ย ๐Ÿ˜’

I didn't like BBC3 going off air, but all the original programming moved to iplayer, and family guy moved to itv2.

The BBC are still keeping the weather website open, most people check it via that or their app now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

I didn't like BBC3 going off air, but all the original programming moved to iplayer, and family guy moved to itv2.

The BBC are still keeping the weather website open, most people check it via that or their app now.

That's true but I can't get iPlayer on TV so it's not much use to me, not interested in watching entire shows on a tiny screen 12" from my face.ย  Family guy & American Dad is awful now it's on ITV2, I'm sure there's at least 10 minutes of ads per programme.ย  I can only assume Fox are charging a huge amount for them, as other ITV2 shows like Plebs don't have anywhere near as many.

I know I could check weather online, but I don't use phone or laptop at night...I watch TV at night so it only took a few seconds to check the weather before bed.ย  I guess I'm in the minority as always though! :laugh:ย 

I player should be easy to get on TV. If you donโ€™t have a smart tv there are multiple smart boxes for around ยฃ20-30 which have iplayer.ย 

25 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I player should be easy to get on TV. If you donโ€™t have a smart tv there are multiple smart boxes for around ยฃ20-30 which have iplayer.ย 

Fair enough but I don't want extra boxes hanging around, had enough of that when TV went digital and I had to have set top boxes!ย  Bought a new TV with digital built in...but now that's old tech as TV seems to be moving online or plug in subscriptions! :rolleyes:ย  Radio doesn't work either since the DAB+ changes.ย  I wish they'd just leave stuff alone! ย :wheelchair:

ย 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club