Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Blimey, I'm barely touching 6k a year nowadays.  Easy to work out this year as I hit 100k on Christmas Eve last year! :biggrin: 

I wouldn't feel bad, my mother is lucky if she does 1k a year!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like this. Hopefully it's nothing and won't cost me anything. 
Yesterday upon leaving the flight shop with my purchases, I had to go up a steep part of their drive to get to the road. When I got to the top of the slope I braked and applied the handbrake. The exit/entrance to the store is right on a junction and the junction is light controlled. 
The lights changed to green and a nice person signalled to let me out. I had enough revs, pulled up the clutch and the car immediately stalled. I restarted the car and waited again for the junction to be clear. When it was clear, I gave it some revs and lifted off the clutch only to get a really distinctive burning clutch smell. The biting point is really high up the pedal too.
The car has only done 11 thousand miles so the clutch shouldn't have worn out already, should it?

As Tom said the only explanation for it stalling like that is if you have hill assist that didn't release.  As for the smell of burning clutch that could be normal after stalling it then doing a high revs take off, so I wouldn't worry about it.  The fact it stalled actually means the clutch is still good as if it were worn it wouldn't stall easily.

As Tom said the only explanation for it stalling like that is if you have hill assist that didn't release.  As for the smell of burning clutch that could be normal after stalling it then doing a high revs take off, so I wouldn't worry about it.  The fact it stalled actually means the clutch is still good as if it were worn it wouldn't stall easily.
When I got my ST I didn't think hill assist would be useful, but I use it all the time now. Is it known to fail?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't like eating subway for lunch and now having my stomach churn

• Sad 1

I don't like the scam phone message received by a registered blind friend. It claimed to be HMRC stating legal action had been brought and dire consequences would follow unless she contacted the number immediately. She was very upset by this but realised it was a scam. From what I have found out so far the calls seem to originate in Kazakhstan and specifically target the elderly and vulnerable which suggests there may have been a data breach somewhere. So if you look out for anyone in that position, be aware of this one - HMRC already seem to be aware of it.

Obviously the advice is not to call the number - they may try to extract more details, or there may simply be a high charge for calling it. Either way, a particularly nasty scam considering who is being targeted.

The number is (0)730 818 2358. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I don't like the scam phone message received by a registered blind friend. It claimed to be HMRC stating legal action had been brought and dire consequences would follow unless she contacted the number immediately. She was very upset by this

These phone scams are a growing menace. I suspect BT and the other carriers could do more to prevent them if they tried a bit harder, but they make profits out of these call centres, so aren't really that keen.

I have had the HMRC scam call a few times, and the 1st time was quite alarming even for me, I had to log on to the HMRC site after to double check I was up to date.

Just about a week ago I had one from "Amazon", saying they were taking £39.99 (or something) from my account next week, for amazon Prime. I have not knowingly subscribed to Prime, but the amazon site always tries to persuade me, and I am never quite sure if I have to tick something to avoid the "free" offer. So again I had to waste time checking on my amazon account.

The worst one was a couple of years back. From "BT", saying a new law meant I had to pay £5.00 for added fraud protection, and they would have to disconnect my phone & broadband line if I did not pay. To the extent that the caller said: If I put my phone down, it would be cut-off then, I would not be able to call out or use the internet. In hindsight, it is completely ridiculous, but I was not feeling great that day, and they were so convincing that at the time even I felt unsure. It took a surprising effort to hang up. And left a real bad feeling in me for a few days. What the effect on someone older or more vulnerable than me would have been, I dread to think.

One thing everyone here can do is, if you know someone who might be vulnerable, parent, neighbours, friends, make them know they can call you to talk about it, and help confirm that it was just a scam. That lingering doubt can be horrible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I have not knowingly subscribed to Prime, but the Amazon site always tries to persuade me, and I am never quite sure if I have to tick something to avoid the "free" offer. So again I had to waste time checking on my Amazon account.

Funny you should mention that. I inadvertently touched something about a month ago and a message flashed up "Thank you for subscribing to amazon Prime". I spent about half an hour trying to unsubscribe, but all you can do is cancel the auto renew at the end of the free trial. I'm now watching carefully to make sure it works.

I don't mind them promoting Prime, I can see it would be worthwhile for some people, but don't like being "tricked" into it. I hate using amazon, but as several of us have commented, sometimes it's so damned useful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Funny you should mention that. I inadvertently touched something about a month ago and a message flashed up "Thank you for subscribing to Amazon Prime". I spent about half an hour trying to unsubscribe, but all you can do is cancel the auto renew at the end of the free trial. I'm now watching carefully to make sure it works.

I don't mind them promoting Prime, I can see it would be worthwhile for some people, but don't like being "tricked" into it. I hate using Amazon, but as several of us have commented, sometimes it's so damned useful!

They're really good if it doesn't cancel (it normally does if you've cancelled, at the end of the period), or just to refund you if you forgot to cancel it.

• Like 1

I don't like pulling out of my work car park after waiting for a white van to pass, only to have it stop and reverse straight at the side of my car. Must have been less than 6 inches between the back of it and my nearside door by the time he heard my hooter and stopped. FFS that was close!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like pulling out of my work car park after waiting for a white van to pass, only to have it stop and reverse straight at the side of my car. Must have been less than 6 inches between the back of it and my nearside door by the time he heard my hooter and stopped. FFS that was close!

Oh dear, bet that was a bit heart in the mouth! Someone cut me up on the roundabout today, a bit too close for comfort really.

• Like 1

I don't like the 'brain-f@rt'  I had today!

Went to fill the windscreen washer bottle in the works truck this morning. Ideal spot, inside our recycling transfer hall, nice and dry with a water supply. 

Lifted front of truck,

Removed cap of fluid bottle,

Removed cap of washer refill,

Empty fluid into fluid bottle,

Throw empty bottle into pile of bottles for recycling,

Fill washer with water,

Throw fluid bottle top into the 30odd ton pile of rubbish,

Put top on washer fluid bottle........or, more specifically, TRY and put it on!!!

I'd thrown the top of the washer bottle into the rubbish and was left holding the top of the bottle! 

🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I first thought you said the van hit your car 😰. Good thing nothing happened 👍

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Oh dear, bet that was a bit heart in the mouth! Someone cut me up on the roundabout today, a bit too close for comfort really.

I had one guy nearly hitting the wing of my car. The approach to this roundabout has a bus stop on the left lane so so many people assume it's a bus lane so stay in the right lane. I gave way to this BMW who indicated left. This merc driver decided to cut in front near the exit off. I sent this clip to the police but I need permission to say I can attend court if they were not guilty. Wish there were more police around 🙄

Screenshot_20191108-182544.png

• Like 1

I hate people who are lazy and are devoid of common sense. I also dislike unkind people, particularly those who discriminate others.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hascrate said:

I hate people who are lazy and are devoid of common sense. I also dislike unkind people, particularly those who discriminate others.

and i thought all of the above worked with me. 

• Like 2

Don't like going hospital today to find my tire was low in the front left. Could hear a slushing sound when going there and the car veering to the left. Was my first attempt changing the wheel 😁

Screenshot_20191203-160539.png

Screenshot_20191203-160556.png

Screenshot_20191203-160608.png

Just hope the tire isn't misshapen 

I don't like having to go to the dentist today!

First time in a while so shouldn't really complain. Started having toothache, in a molar I've had filled more than once, at the weekend. Mrs Turvey got me an emergency appointment today. X-rays taken and inspected. Tooth nerve slowly dying so I had 2 choices, root canal work and crown or extraction. 

Got a temporary filling until I decide what to do, either way I'm gonna have to liquidise Christmas dinner and drink it through a straw..........or just have a liquid lunch 🤔

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Oh dear, bet that was a bit heart in the mouth!

It was indeed!

22 hours ago, zain611 said:

I first thought you said the van hit your car 😰. Good thing nothing happened 👍

Thankfully yes - that would have really ruined my day...

• Like 1

I don't like that today is the day we say our final goodbyes to my foster dad. 
It's his funeral, cremation and wake this afternoon. 
It will be a difficult day for us all. 
It will be difficult for me too because of my anxiety but I'm going to push through it to make my dad happy up there. 

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, Nick Y said:

It will be difficult for me too because of my anxiety but I'm going to push through it to make my dad happy up there. 

One of my aunts sadly lost her battle to cancer on Sunday morning. The chemotherapy didn't really help reduce the cells. She had kidney failure and sadly lost her appetite a few days before passing away. She lives abroad and I was surprised she had been washed, prayed to and buried on the same day she passed. 

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

One of my aunts sadly lost her battle to cancer on Sunday morning. The chemotherapy didn't really help reduce the cells. She had kidney failure and sadly lost her appetite a few days before passing away. She lives abroad and I was surprised she had been washed, prayed to and buried on the same day she passed. 

Sorry to read of your loss mate, 

Sometimes the wrong type of people survive and the good people pass away, 

My own mother has survived three times; but still hasn't got the time of day for any of her children 🤷‍♂️ im like why you bother fighting only drives it further in to us 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Y said:

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'm sorry to read both above posts, this time of the year seems to be the worst for deaths both in their prolificacy and the sombre mood they bring to what should be a happy and joyous season.

I get some comfort from my religious beliefs and that of heaven and everlasting life, but of course that can also be a curse if the person didn't live a particularly holy life, shall we say. 

Regardless all you can do is pray for them (they all need it) and at least be grateful that they are no longer suffering on this earth.

• Like 2

I don't like missing my 10,000 posts milestone this morning! :sad: 

I should really get out more! :laugh: 

• Like 3

On 12/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, Turvey said:

I don't like having to go to the dentist today!

First time in a while so shouldn't really complain. Started having toothache, in a molar I've had filled more than once, at the weekend. Mrs Turvey got me an emergency appointment today. X-rays taken and inspected. Tooth nerve slowly dying so I had 2 choices, root canal work and crown or extraction. 

Got a temporary filling until I decide what to do, either way I'm gonna have to liquidise Christmas dinner and drink it through a straw..........or just have a liquid lunch 🤔

I don't like having to go back today due to toothache again! Dentist reckoned I would get a couple of weeks painfree..... I got 2 days 🙄

Basically had the nerve removed today and capped again. It'll hopefully be ok until after Christmas. I was going to go for extraction but hearing the dentist describe the roots as 'stuningly long and twisted' and how difficult it will be to remove, requiring a hospital visit, I'm swaying to root canal treatment instead. 

The good news is that so far the total cost of my treatment is less than £7.00! God bless the NHS. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club