Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I do have a genuine don't like today...  I don't like how I feel I can't vote for either of the big 2 tomorrow for different reasons.  I live in a safe seat so technically it doesn't matter who I vote for, however I can usually pick the lesser of two evils, but not this time. :unsure:  I've watched plenty of debates, including the under 30's QT on Monday, and I've got both far left and far right voters on social media, who make good arguments against each others parties...

I honestly believe we'll wake up on Friday to another hung parliament and this election will all have been a waste of time & money. :sad: 

(Just to clarify, I'm not asking who to vote for lol)

• Like 1

dont like mis information on facebook and when i try to correct with knowledge /technical information from my trade , i get basically told im wrong . err, im quoting from the manufafturer!! dont shoot the messenger! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do have a genuine don't like today...  I don't like how I feel I can't vote for either of the big 2 tomorrow for different reasons.  I live in a safe seat so technically it doesn't matter who I vote for, however I can usually pick the lesser of two evils, but not this time. :unsure:  I've watched plenty of debates, including the under 30's QT on Monday, and I've got both far left and far right voters on social media, who make good arguments against each others parties...

I honestly believe we'll wake up on Friday to another hung parliament and this election will all have been a waste of time & money. :sad: 

Vote for Labour 😂

• Haha 3

This gender stuff is beginning to go out of hand. Think I'll now classify as a 'sentient artificial intelligence with no gender' 

Screenshot_20191211-141448.thumb.png.11f65563148a8c40da0363b70fd04484.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's a good reason to go out and vote!. With the upsurge of tactical voting apps there's not really such a thing as a safe seat nowadays - surely there's someone you hate slightly less than the others - an independent candidate maybe or even the monster raving loony party! I've always been conscious of the efforts past generations made to get us all a vote (penalty of being brought up in a family that was politically aware), even dying for it, so I've always made the effort. If you really can't stomach voting for any of them (and I do sympathise with that view), then go spoil your paper by writing "none of the above" - at least it's a gesture. I believe in Australia this is actually an option on the ballot paper - dunno what would happen if "none of the above" got the most votes, though!😀

PS if we do wake up to a hung parliament composed of the same bunch as last time,  I'm ready to volunteer to help with the hanging!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

☹️

Sadly the pitfalls of a car but better to get those fixed and be safe 👍

• Like 1

Unfortunately the MOT ran out today! 🙄

Phoned the motor factors, they have one spring in stock, can get another by Friday..... weather permitting. No boats today due to wind so fingers crossed it gets here and the garage has time to fix it 🤞

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

That's a good reason to go out and vote!. With the upsurge of tactical voting apps there's not really such a thing as a safe seat nowadays - surely there's someone you hate slightly less than the others - an independent candidate maybe or even the monster raving loony party! I've always been conscious of the efforts past generations made to get us all a vote (penalty of being brought up in a family that was politically aware), even dying for it, so I've always made the effort. If you really can't stomach voting for any of them (and I do sympathise with that view), then go spoil your paper by writing "none of the above" - at least it's a gesture. I believe in Australia this is actually an option on the ballot paper - dunno what would happen if "none of the above" got the most votes, though!😀

PS if we do wake up to a hung parliament composed of the same bunch as last time,  I'm ready to volunteer to help with the hanging!

Ah, I definitely will vote, just not sure who for! 🤔  I don't agree with spoiling ballots but I'd rather do that than not vote at all...  I was surprised to see Farage say he was going to spoil his rather than vote conservative as his own party aren't running where he lives lol.

Tories had a 35% majority (17k) last time in my area so if they do lose I'll eat my hat. :wink:

I don't think we have any independents running, I can only see the big 4 - lab, lib, con and greens on the below checker...not sure how else I'd find out?  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/uk-general-election-candidates-who-is-running-in-my-area

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't think we have any independents running, I can only see the big 4 - lab, lib, con and greens on the below checker...not sure how else I'd find out?  

Just looked at that guide - it's certainly correct for my constituency so probably will be for yours. All will be revealed when you get your voting slip, I suppose. Quite interested to see what happens here, we currently have a Conservative with a good majority (but only about half yours) but the constituency narrowly voted "remain" in the referendum, so the Lib Dems have been making a big push for that section of the vote. Such a bit push, in fact, that I've had to make an extra visit to the the recycling facility with all the leaflets. Unfortunately all parties seem to use similar shiny paper so it's no use in the loo!😀

• Haha 2

I did a poll of voting intentions amongst the fellow workers , all male but varying ages from 18 to 55. To my surprise without any prompting they all either have or are going to vote for the same party. I wasn't expecting that. 

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

• Confused 1

I don't like being stranded without a car...

I'm sure most of you already know this feeling...

Well technically I still have my car, but my dumb dealer (and national auto glass) botched my windshield replacement and didn't seal it properly. So it leaks water from the a-pilllar during rain

Which practically means I can't use my car for practically all of the upcoming week

Another reason to have two cars, maybe I should do that impulsive beater purchase I was thinking about 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

I don't like being stranded without a car...

I'm sure most of you already know this feeling...

Well technically I still have my car, but my dumb dealer (and national auto glass) botched my windshield replacement and didn't seal it properly. So it leaks water from the a-pilllar during rain

Which practically means I can't use my car for practically all of the upcoming week

Another reason to have two cars, maybe I should do that impulsive beater purchase I was thinking about 😂

I mean...you could just buy some tape until they can come and fix it?  :unsure: 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, I definitely will vote, just not sure who for! 🤔  I don't agree with spoiling ballots but I'd rather do that than not vote at all...  I was surprised to see Farage say he was going to spoil his rather than vote conservative as his own party aren't running where he lives lol.

Tories had a 35% majority (17k) last time in my area so if they do lose I'll eat my hat. :wink:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/uk-general-election-candidates-who-is-running-in-my-area

I think I should vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party in my constituency 😂. We have a 26k Tory majority lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I think I should vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party in my constituency 😂. We have a 26k Tory majority lol.

Going to vote very soon. Happy that I'm off now for 3 weeks 😃

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I mean...you could just buy some tape until they can come and fix it?  :unsure: 

Might have to do that... Never thought I'd be putting tape onto this car so soon 😂 I used to have tape on my Focus rear bumper lol

1 minute ago, Incontro said:

Might have to do that... Never thought I'd be putting tape onto this car so soon 😂 I used to have tape on my Focus rear bumper lol

I'm pretty sure tape came as standard on Mk1 Mondeo's...been a while since I've seen it on a newer one though! :laugh: 

On 12/11/2019 at 6:11 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Quite interested to see what happens here, we currently have a Conservative with a good majority (but only about half yours) but the constituency narrowly voted "remain" in the referendum, so the Lib Dems have been making a big push for that section of the vote.!😀

@TomsFocusWell, not that interesting after all. The current Conservative was returned with a larger majority! All that paper wasted! 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

@TomsFocusWell, not that interesting after all. The current Conservative was returned with a larger majority! All that paper wasted! 

Funnily enough I was just writing the same post!  😮  Over 40% majority here now and a bigger turn out than 2017...  I'm honestly shocked after all the Labour support I saw on social media locally.  I didn't expect a Labour win but I certainly didn't expect them to lose votes to Conservatives! :unsure:  Lib Dems picked up fewer than before and the Green candidate did so badly he's lost his £500 deposit! :laugh:  

Also very surprised to see that nearby Ipswich (which was the only bit of red on the Suffolk map) has now been taken over by Tories as well...  Genuinely don't understand how they've got such a massive majority across the country this time.   

• Like 1

Looks like it's bad news for the general elections. I have a feeling more of the working class will struggle now and the lower class will struggle for health and probably have a lower life expectancy. 

I just hope I can still get an NHS job after this 

10 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Looks like it's bad news for the general elections. I have a feeling more of the working class will struggle now and the lower class will struggle for health and probably have a lower life expectancy. 

I just hope I can still get an NHS job after this 

The working class would have struggled under Labour as well I'm afraid...  You can't just magic money out of nowhere and writing a few words in a manifesto is very different to actually raising the money in the real world.

Boris isn't going to sell the NHS.  But he's also not going to get Brexit 'done' in the next month...  It's simply not possible.

As I said earlier in the week, I didn't want to vote for either of them, we'd end up worse off either way. :smile:  

• Like 3

I don't like reading that a virus is going round on Android where it gets your banking details, either from banking app or say PayPal etc.

Is google protect good as it's in a form of an App what i read and sticks into your phone,i also have Kaspersky which is paid for as i have it on p.c.

How many uses there bank app and PayPal and stuff on their phone.

11 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I don't like reading that a virus is going round on Android where it gets your banking details, either from banking app or say PayPal etc.

Is google protect good as it's in a form of an App what i read and sticks into your phone,i also have Kaspersky which is paid for as i have it on p.c.

How many uses there bank app and PayPal and stuff on their phone.

I regularly use my phone for banking / credit card app's. Far quicker and more convenient for most of the things I want to do than logging onto my PC.

I would say that unless you are downloading random app's from the Google Play Store (or anything that is suspiciously offering free stuff e.g. live sports etc.) then you're unlikely to have any issues. Make sure you have the option to not download app's from outside of the Google Play Store selected (should be somewhere on the phone settings referring to unknown sources or similar). When you look to download any new app's, do a quick check on the developer details at the bottom of the page. Random addresses in India, China, Russia with yahoo/gmail/<free email accounts> stand out and a quick check online can usual make it easy to spot the suspect ones.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club