Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I didn't know anyone switched phones off these days...takes about half an hour for a Smartphone to restart.  Ain't nobody got time for that! :laugh:

As above though, just put it on silent or maybe 'do not disturb' instead?  

I have had phones i have left on and battery went dead faster on recharge,no need for on if not used at all as this is mainly for nurses/doctors being a carer.

House phone is there if needed but i keep numbers separate, all sorted now anyway.

I don't like falling out with our printer yesterday!

It's been a bit temperamental over the last couple of years but yesterday tipped me over the edge! Tried to print 1 page and kept getting a paper jam. Temper lost, kicked printer.

Foot 1, Printer 0

Recommendations for a new printer please 😃

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like falling out with our printer yesterday!

It's been a bit temperamental over the last couple of years but yesterday tipped me over the edge! Tried to print 1 page and kept getting a paper jam. Temper lost, kicked printer.

Foot 1, Printer 0

Recommendations for a new printer please 😃

I didn't even get out of bed yesterday; as my day would have been similar and not gone well, 

I'm in the market for a network printer & scanner unit for the kitchen connected to my network via RJ45 

LaptopsDirect or currys may be a good place or if you work in an office environment then the exact same unit as they use in the office would provide you with free ink cartridges for at home 🥳🤫

• Like 2

I've got an Epson Wifi 'all in one' (printer, scanner and colour copier) bought from Sainsburys in the sales at least 6 years ago, SX235w I think.  Can't say I've had any issues with it...though I am always slightly worried that I'll end up printing on every other wireless printer in our flats every time I use it! :laugh:  I used to buy genuine inks but don't bother now, just buy the really cheap eBay stuff which seems to work fine.

• Like 2

I have a HP all in one printer and have used it for about 10 years.
Apart from occssionally forgetting it's wireless settings it prints, copies and scans really well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I have a HP all in one printer and have used it for about 10 years.

Ditto and still works ok but not Wi-Fi so bought a Canon all in one for under £40 from Tesco couple of years back which is fine for the odd print we need to from phones etc. 

Star buy though is a Canon BJ 200 we bought in 1992 for the Mrs's small business. No idea how many thousand prints it's done since then, but it still works fine - getting hard to find a cartridge for it now though, but I reckon we certainly had our money's worth there!😀

• Like 2

Ditto and still works ok but not Wi-Fi so bought a Canon all in one for under £40 from Tesco couple of years back which is fine for the odd print we need to from phones etc. 
Star buy though is a Canon BJ 200 we bought in 1992 for the Mrs's small business. No idea how many thousand prints it's done since then, but it still works fine - getting hard to find a cartridge for it now though, but I reckon we certainly had our money's worth there![emoji3]
Used to have one too and a BJC model after.
Lovely for mobility, but as you say, cartridges are a mare.
Did you ever buy the scanner cartridge?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Did you ever buy the scanner cartridge?

If we're still talking Canon, no - the BJ200 we have is a pure printer.

Bought a few for the HP one but they're also getting harder to find and pricey too.  Got a spare cartridge for the cheapie Canon all in one when I bought it but replacements are nearly as much as the printer - guess that's how they make their money these days. Probably cheaper to bin it and buy another cheap one, though not environmentally sound - I always take old electrical stuff to the appropriate recycling point.

Not got there yet, but I understand the current thing is to sell you a printer with limited copies, then make you pay for more, even though the wherewithal for the extra copies is physically already in the machine. A bit like buying a car which has features ready installed but "hidden" and you have to pay extra to activate, I suppose.

• Like 2

I don't like the suspected drug dealing happening down my road. Dad and I believe a few neighbours have been complaining about it. Theres this bike which parks down the road along with this old black civic. Twice walking down the road I've noticed someone sitting in the back of the car. The police came around recently and took one of the guys in the police car. Dad found the civic was untaxed but the bike all clear. The officer said to him and his friend to get them and other neighbours to all report this to the officer in charge of the area so they can hopefully do something about it 

On 1/6/2020 at 10:10 AM, Lenny said:

I think this is a regular occurance working in an office like this 😬pan widget

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I don't like the suspected drug dealing happening down my road. Dad and I believe a few neighbours have been complaining about it. Theres this bike which parks down the road along with this old black civic. Twice walking down the road I've noticed someone sitting in the back of the car. The police came around recently and took one of the guys in the police car. Dad found the civic was untaxed but the bike all clear. The officer said to him and his friend to get them and other neighbours to all report this to the officer in charge of the area so they can hopefully do something about it 

I've been watching minor dealing going on down my road for a few months now...actually find the surveillance quite exciting! :ph34r: :biggrin:  

It's all 'friendly' at the minute though and they don't appear to be drug driving.  If there was any violence or obvious DUI I'd report it! 

Not sure if I put it on here but I was offered some 'white powder' walking through a church alley in town back in the summer...I need to try and look less like a drug addict! :laugh: 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've been watching minor dealing going on down my road for a few months now...actually find the surveillance quite exciting! :ph34r: :biggrin:  

It's all 'friendly' at the minute though and they don't appear to be drug driving.  If there was any violence or obvious DUI I'd report it! 

Not sure if I put it on here but I was offered some 'white powder' walking through a church alley in town back in the summer...I need to try and look less like a drug addict! :laugh: 

I once had a guy back in my previous uni asking me if I want to buy weed off him. Some of the people stinked of it there. Funnily don't see that sort of thing in UCL however you have more beggers and socially awkward people. I honestly think too much education affects people's social etiquette. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I once had a guy back in my previous uni asking me if I want to buy weed off him. Some of the people stinked of it there. Funnily don't see that sort of thing in UCL however you have more beggers and socially awkward people. I honestly think too much education affects people's social etiquette. 

I totally agree; takes them to to the point where they cant hold a normal conversation or have any sort of a joke atall, or they have comfort items such as a particular cup or switching off any music in there working area everything must be silent 🤷‍♂️

Theres a few people are like this where I work loads of college and degrees; one wears a backpack everywhere; we fear the day we see him without it 😂 as its finally been planted somewhere he runs everywhere too, drove in to work one night with just his DRL's on; in a black Astra, I almost rear ended him when I came around a blind corner in pitch black night as he wasn't illuminated atall yet he has a degree in chemistry. 

Theres a fine line between super intelligence and insanity 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

I think this is a regular occurance working in an office like this 😬pan widget

I reckon there should be more of this rather than bringing it home to the wife or family; 

Deal with the problem at source I say; 

Keep work and family separate dont let things fester launch that computer boy 🦖

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

I once had a guy back in my previous uni asking me if I want to buy weed off him.  

I've only been offered drugs twice.......both times by the same dealer....6 months apart.....in Spain! 😃

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I've only been offered drugs twice.......both times by the same dealer....6 months apart.....in Spain! 😃

I must have had a sheltered life. The only drugs I get offered are by the doctor and I keep turning those down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Working in an office.

Literally EVERYONE is coughing and spluttering.  The aircon is full of recycled farts and sneezes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Working in an office.

Literally EVERYONE is coughing and spluttering.  The aircon is full of recycled farts and sneezes.

Get some of that Dettol antibacterial air freshener...hopefully will either get the hint or they'll be unable to breathe at all...either way problem solved. :wink:

• Like 1

Thanks Facebook...it's not like I wanted to forget the 4 hours, 2 vans and a recovery truck it took to get 4 miles home that day! :laugh:

Screenshot_20200108-131711.thumb.png.e5edeb2a674529d3fc0dd9003872c762.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

Working in an office.

Lol 😄

• Like 1

I don't like not being able to adopt a koala 

Would be the ideal companion for our Bearnese Beagle as all he wants to do it hug and get his belly rubbed, 

Sadly Australia only exports animals to zoo's despite the large fires over there at the moment, it's terrible 

IMG-20200102-WA0002.thumb.jpg.233b8f9106203dcf57a172becbcd6ac2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

I don't like not being able to adopt a koala 

Would be the ideal companion for our Bearnese Beagle as all he wants to do it hug and get his belly rubbed, 

Sadly Australia only exports animals to zoo's despite the large fires over there at the moment, it's terrible 

IMG-20200102-WA0002.thumb.jpg.233b8f9106203dcf57a172becbcd6ac2.jpg

I dont think there that cuddly in the wild mate

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I dont think there that cuddle in the wide mate LOL 

I'd be bankrupt having to keep feeding it with vegimite on toast & cans of Fosters #HowAreYaGoinMate 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club