Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I'd have to keep feeding it with vegimite & cans of Fosters #HowAreYaGoinMate 

fine 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I'd be bankrupt having to keep feeding it with vegimite on toast & cans of Fosters #HowAreYaGoinMate 

dont think it would last long on vegemite dont no about the fosters lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dezwez said:

dont think it would last long on vegemite dont no about the fosters lol

This guy does some excellent commentary videos I recommend viewing some of his stuff regarding cats etc. 

Heres his latest which is more of a serious matter 

• Like 1

I don't like my temporary crown falling out tonight! 

I'll see how it goes tonight, hopefully it'll be okay until Monday. 

• Sad 1

Sorting out some car related stuff and coming across relics from the past such as power steering 'fluid' and tax disc holders... :laugh:

But what I really don't like is trying to work what was in here!?  I'm assuming it was something Ford that has completely disintegrated! :unsure:

IMG_20200112_170335981.thumb.jpg.2593f2168c92dc9677190071e028376d.jpg

• Confused 1

Mystery solved...

IMG_20200112_170735759.thumb.jpg.a7d4991ac33ad1829e5bdedd24a20565.jpg

IMG_20200112_170812009.thumb.jpg.835b1aa502d28859181f16e270af4805.jpg

IMG_20200112_170948625_MP.thumb.jpg.77643905fd3abe0e6a772797660badfe.jpg

IMG_20200112_171133931.thumb.jpg.bf070285cc1d27bf192746e37ea08b1c.jpg

IMG_20200112_171139474.thumb.jpg.d9ec99203f1a6bdbd24fb8e1b4b979e6.jpg

I think these batteries might be past thier best. :unsure:

• Like 2

I don't like that this plonker here puts the oven on, waits for it to heat up and then puts a pizza in to have to eat. 
Then I find (after the timer has beeped to tell me it's ready) that I'd forgotten to increase the temperature from the last thing I cooked so the pizza was not ready at all. 
Pizza is now in the bin, the oven has been put to the right temperature and another (different topping) has been put in to cook. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't like stripping out all my bits and pieces from my car and returning everything to boggo standard.
[emoji20]

(although this does ultimately lead on to a Do like post).
[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

im not volunteering to  change the spark plugs on this transit when there due!!! 

Screenshot_20200113-101632_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

im not volunteering to  change the spark plugs on this transit when there due!!! 

Screenshot_20200113-101632_Gallery.jpg

Wow, that's impressively non mechanic friendly :wallbash: It reminds me of all the work that goes into changing the PCV valve/hose on 1.8/2.0 Duratec HE engine. :taz:

• Like 1

yeah, its the 1.0 ecoboost engine wedged under the bonnet.

2 hours ago, iantt said:

yeah, its the 1.0 ecoboost engine wedged under the bonnet.

In a Transit!?  I hope it's only being driven by a bubblewrap supplier... :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

In a Transit!?  I hope it's only being driven by a bubblewrap supplier... :biggrin: 

hybrid for city driving , battery powered with ecoboost to recharge battery

• Like 2

I've mentioned before that for some reason my car seems to attract suicide jockeys desperate to overtake whatever the circumstances - is It the red paint?

A right pair today. Number one - my route took me over a level crossing - one of the few fully manual ones left, where the guy has to get out of his nice warm signalbox  and physically open the gates, so it takes a while. I could see the gates were shut, and there was a queue on the other side of the crossing, so I'm slowly rolling towards the gate when the Merc behind decided to overtake and then (just) manage to skid to a halt before he crashed into the gate! He then had to sit there for 5 minutes while the train came and the signalman did his stuff.

Number two - shortly afterwards I turn right onto a (single carriageway) major road at a roundabout. As I come round the roundabout I see the traffic ahead is backed up at a crawl due to a very slow moving agricultural vehicle about half a mile ahead, with his orange beacon clearly flashing away. This does not deter some nut in a Porsche Macan from overtaking on the roundabout, nearly clipping the front of my car while braking hard so as not to run into the almost stationary car ahead!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I've mentioned before that for some reason my car seems to attract suicide jockeys desperate to overtake whatever the circumstances - is It the red paint?

A right pair today. Number one - my route took me over a level crossing - one of the few fully manual ones left, where the guy has to get out of his nice warm signalbox  and physically open the gates, so it takes a while. I could see the gates were shut, and there was a queue on the other side of the crossing, so I'm slowly rolling towards the gate when the Merc behind decided to overtake and then (just) manage to skid to a halt before he crashed into the gate! He then had to sit there for 5 minutes while the train came and the signalman did his stuff.

Number two - shortly afterwards I turn right onto a (single carriageway) major road at a roundabout. As I come round the roundabout I see the traffic ahead is backed up at a crawl due to a very slow moving agricultural vehicle about half a mile ahead, with his orange beacon clearly flashing away. This does not deter some nut in a Porsche Macan from overtaking on the roundabout, nearly clipping the front of my car while braking hard so as not to run into the almost stationary car ahead!

There are some utter specimens on the roads!

11 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I don't think it's just your car...there are idiots everywhere! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't think it's just your car...there are idiots everywhere! :laugh: 

At least that one got what he/she deserved!😆

• Haha 1

Don't like getting in my car this morning to get a tyre pressure warning.
On checking I find a whomping great screw sticking out of my nsf tyre.
Looking at it I was lead to accept that the screw was maliciously put there as it was sticking out and was clean, brand new & unscuffed.
Luckily I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere today but still a major inconvenience.
At least I got it sorted quickly as I have 5 tyre fitters in my area (one has been investigated for staff allegedly being caught scattering nails on local roads but case fell through due to lack of conclusive evidence).
Big up to Protyre Millbay for their prompt assistance.
£15.50 later and all sorted.

42920066d4a70e7b0bd319596f93e1c7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

At least I got it sorted quickly as I have 5 tyre fitters in my area (one has been investigated for staff allegedly being caught scattering nails on local roads but case fell through due to lack of conclusive evidence).

Roofing nails were placed on the road where I live a few weeks back. We assumed it was pure vandalism - never thought it could be a rogue tyre fitter (presumably trying to drum up business?).

• Like 1

Roofing nails were placed on the road where I live a few weeks back. We assumed it was pure vandalism - never thought it could be a rogue tyre fitter (presumably trying to drum up business?).

Oh aye, it happens more than you realise.
The local place that was investigated is a right little dump too, always surrounded by illegally parked cars and stacks of old tyres just thrown on a patch of grass adjacent to the premises.
Proprietor is a total a-hole as well, one of those types that beg to be lamped.
He's been threatened with closure on many occasions but like a bad smell he just seems to linger on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't like that 3 times over the last fortnight people have said hello to me as if they know me...and I have absolutely no recollection of them!  One might be mistaking me for someone else...but 3!?  Maybe I have met them and can't remember...  :unsure:

Also don't like that my drying has come out a bit damp the last few times...  @Stoney871 which washer dryer part was it you mentioned cleaning a while ago?

It's the Thermistor, it sits in a cast manifold at the top of the machine and regulates the heating coil temperature.
It gets coated in a residue that bakes on and stops accurate temperature management.
You can clean it but usually only get another 3 months before it goes again.
Loads of videos online on how to swap it out, Hotpoint , indesit etc are pretty much the same units.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that 3 times over the last fortnight people have said hello to me as if they know me...and I have absolutely no recollection of them!  One might be mistaking me for someone else...but 3!?  Maybe I have met them and can't remember...  :unsure:

The other day I was at the recycling point and said "Hi" to the lady from next door who was putting some stuff in the next skip - I recognised her immediately from her face, hairstyle, build, and grey Mini Cooper.  When I got home my neighbour was washing her Mini Cooper, the registration of which was one letter different to the one I'd just seen at the recycling point! So everyone has a doppelganger, you just have several. Or your original thought is correct and you've lost your memory........😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club