Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

God, hate to think that there may be someone else in the world as handsome as me.

760c2a60308ab31dc58f5de6d53f081b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I don't like my temporary crown breaking for the second time! 🙄

Broke yesterday at lunch time, fixed by teatime. Hopefully it'll stay intact until the permanent one gets here and is fixed in. 

Don't know how I forgot this but I didn't like the wind blowing down the fence panel the other night, right onto the back of the car. Small bit of the paint on the spoiler has been chipped :pissed:.

• Sad 1

I don't like that you can't refer to someone as "male" or "female" anymore without being accused of "hate speech"!!

I've decided from now on I will refer to people as "it", then I can't go wrong surely? :unsure:

Despite being a staunch Christian, I think of myself as quite tolerant and can accept most things (even if I don't agree with them), but this just doesn't make sense...  Maybe I'll have to take a degree in stupidity to understand it!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't like that tonight whilst on a road trip with a couple of friends we were followed by a strange car.
We were on a country road (not narrow or anything) and a vehicle came up behind us and kept full beam lights on. Every now and again the beams would dip but then return to full. 
As I knew the area I decided to turn off down a smaller lane to see if the vehicle would follow us but I left braking and indicating until the last possible second. The vehicle continued to follow us and it scared us as it was dark, cold and the road was narrow (single track). It was also keeping pace with me driving as fast as I could down the single track road.
The stranger thing and scary thing is that I pulled into a farm yard (was a guesthouse too) to try and get away from the car and it stopped at the top of the driveway, inched forward a few times whilst watching us then drove off very slowly. 
I got out of their as fast as I could/dared and headed back the way I'd driven to the bigger road. I knew that the car which followed us would have trouble turning round on the single track road they followed us up as it was an SUV type vehicle. 

I also don't like that my Viofo A129 duo rear camera is intermittent with its filming. It will record sometimes but most of the time I only end up with forward facing camera footage (as happened tonight). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

It's the Thermistor, it sits in a cast manifold at the top of the machine and regulates the heating coil temperature.
It gets coated in a residue that bakes on and stops accurate temperature management.
You can clean it but usually only get another 3 months before it goes again.
Loads of videos online on how to swap it out, Hotpoint , indesit etc are pretty much the same units.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks, that looks simple enough...even for me. :wink: 

I'll be moving soon so will have a look when it's pulled out of the cavity for that.  Might also remove the brick to make moving it easier if it's just those 3 bolts!  

15 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The other day I was at the recycling point and said "Hi" to the lady from next door who was putting some stuff in the next skip - I recognised her immediately from her face, hairstyle, build, and grey Mini Cooper.  When I got home my neighbour was washing her Mini Cooper, the registration of which was one letter different to the one I'd just seen at the recycling point! So everyone has a doppelganger, you just have several. Or your original thought is correct and you've lost your memory........😀

She's probably doing the same as me now lol! :laugh:  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks, that looks simple enough...even for me. :wink: 

I'll be moving soon so will have a look when it's pulled out of the cavity for that.  Might also remove the brick to make moving it easier if it's just those 3 bolts!  

She's probably doing the same as me now lol! :laugh:  

Modern washing machine's dont have a brick inside,

More environmentally friendly on shipping transport costs now that there considerably lighter; they have a knock sensor which slows down the spin if it senses an imbalance;

Found this out when removing a Bosch Washing machine from the kitchen in an effort to unblock the drain; I opened the door and pulled the machine out by gripping the drum 🤷‍♂️

This method is not recommended as it upset the balance of the machine which resulted in the machine not spinning or spinning a little before tripping out because the knock sensor wouldn't let it spin. 

My advice is to have a bit of fun with it then buy a new one at your new premises 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Modern washing machine's dont have a brick inside,

More environmentally friendly on shipping transport costs now that there considerably lighter; they have a knock sensor which slows down the spin if it senses an imbalance;

Found this out when removing a Bosch Washing machine from the kitchen in an effort to unblock the drain; I opened the door and pulled the machine out by gripping the drum 🤷‍♂️

This method is not recommended as it upset the balance of the machine which resulted in the machine not spinning or spinning a little before tripping out because the knock sensor wouldn't let it spin. 

My advice is to have a bit of fun with it then buy a new one at your new premises 👍

I think mine has both tbh, it definitely senses imbalance, drops speed and gently turns the load until it's balanced again.

What's the recommended removal method from under a counter?  I was going to lift & pull the front panel from inside the door hole, but not actually touch the drum itself.  I've previously done it from underneath on the floor but hurt my back doing that last time.  Tbh I'm dreading moving all the heavy stuff alone, don't know anyone to help though.  The washer/dryer is by far the heaviest thing I own.  I have a sack barrow so don't mind rolling stuff about but obviously it all needs to be lifted out and in position at each end.

I can barely afford the rent let alone buy another machine lol!  This is only a short term move until either my circumstances change or I can find somewhere more affordable/suitable or I get hit by a train and no longer have to worry about finances! :laugh: 

The machine in the video lasted an impressive amount of time tbf...it must have been an old Whirlpool I reckon, modern stuff wouldn't last anywhere near that long! :unsure: 

• Like 1

Uber Drivers i Toyota Prius's 

Bendy Buses.

Vegans that JUST tell everybody they are Vegans. 

28 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Things to do with an old washing machine after @Lennys destruction 😃

fbcb3910256774bd2220f91d18064926.jpg

that's not a bad idea 👍

• Like 2

Honestly my washer dryer is nearly new and is awful lol. I think setting it on fire is my preferred option right now haha 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Honestly my washer dryer is nearly new and is awful lol. I think setting it on fire is my preferred option right now haha 😂 

They are awful if you've been used to separates previously! :laugh: I wouldn't chose a combi if space wasn't limited lol!

Mines getting on for 5 years old now though and is still just as bad as the day I bought it tbf.  What make is yours out of interest?

Also...remember I waited ages for a new oven....yeah, that's utter rubbish as well!  How hard can it be to make an oven ffs!?  This is the 3rd bad one and they've all been brand new!  All the heat comes out of the top of the door on this one, along with steam and condensation it's blowing grease up the cupboard doors either side as well...fantastic!  I know the oven in the next flat will be new but don't know what make yet...I really hope it isn't the same as these lol!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like that you can't refer to someone as "male" or "female" anymore without being accused of "hate speech"!!

I've decided from now on I will refer to people as "it", then I can't go wrong surely? :unsure:

Despite being a staunch Christian, I think of myself as quite tolerant and can accept most things (even if I don't agree with them), but this just doesn't make sense...  Maybe I'll have to take a degree in stupidity to understand it!!

Apparently 'they' is the correct term 🙄. 😃

I don't like feeling that I'm undeniably getting old I'm 35 this month 

Rounded off that makes me 40 

🤷‍♂️ where do the years disappear off to, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

They are awful if you've been used to separates previously! :laugh: I wouldn't chose a combi if space wasn't limited lol!

Mines getting on for 5 years old now though and is still just as bad as the day I bought it tbf.  What make is yours out of interest?

Also...remember I waited ages for a new oven....yeah, that's utter rubbish as well!  How hard can it be to make an oven ffs!?  This is the 3rd bad one and they've all been brand new!  All the heat comes out of the top of the door on this one, along with steam and condensation it's blowing grease up the cupboard doors either side as well...fantastic!  I know the oven in the next flat will be new but don't know what make yet...I really hope it isn't the same as these lol!!

Indesit, pretty sure they’re quite renowned for being rubbish! The oven is actually pretty good, think it’s a Caple. Having grease blown up the cupboards isn’t great 😕

• Like 1

Just now, dtulip8 said:

Indesit, pretty sure they’re quite renowned for being rubbish! The oven is actually pretty good, think it’s a Caple. Having grease blown up the cupboards isn’t great 😕

Ah yeah, Indesit, Hotpoint, Creda etc all owned by the same company churning out mass produced rubbish as cheaply as possible lol.

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I don't like feeling that I'm undeniably getting old I'm 35 this month 

Rounded off that makes me 40 

🤷‍♂️ where do the years disappear off to, 

Lol, just wait until the next 30 odd have slipped away, then you'll worry (like me!) 😱

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, just wait until the next 30 odd have slipped away, then you'll worry (like me!) 😱

and me😮

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Threerizlas said:

Audi drivers round my neck of the woods are just the worst.

they are everywhere 😊

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Age is such a funny thing though...  I'm not even 30 yet (still 'late 20s') but really related to this meme last week!

0ab.thumb.jpg.2030d5696495c588c4194bc46dc7baca.jpg

I wonder if it ever stops though?  Like does BobR still consider people like you and Del as young whippersnappers and do you consider people in thier 80s to be more 'adult' than yourself? :unsure: :biggrin:

• Haha 2