Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Apparently it's Blue Monday today...the most depressing day of the year! 

So here's some Brit pop to get you through it...

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I’m actually in quite a good mood today! Decent song as well 👌

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

its due to post xmas party blues ,long wait till next payday, and its a monday anyway. 

ive not sucomed to the blues, my cunning plan not to enjoy xmas paid off afterall.🤣🤣😂😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

More like stressed Monday as I'm stressed about doing the appitude test tomorrow. Wish me luck 

• Like 1

Modern washing machine's dont have a brick inside,
More environmentally friendly on shipping transport costs now that there considerably lighter; they have a knock sensor which slows down the spin if it senses an imbalance;
Found this out when removing a Bosch Washing machine from the kitchen in an effort to unblock the drain; I opened the door and pulled the machine out by gripping the drum [emoji2369]
This method is not recommended as it upset the balance of the machine which resulted in the machine not spinning or spinning a little before tripping out because the knock sensor wouldn't let it spin. 
My advice is to have a bit of fun with it then buy a new one at your new premises [emoji106]

That looked so mental...i was in pleatts..
Thankyou for cheering my day up[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Don't like when my home cordless phone keeps going flat after 1 day, its a BT 8600 premium set of 2 and had it for a good 2 years and new batteries but charge for 24H then

take off and in half a day 2 out of 4 battery bars have gone so flat in a full 24H day or very close,is this a faulty handset/sets.

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Don't like when my home cordless phone keeps going flat after 1 day, its a BT 8600 premium set of 2 and had it for a good 2 years and new batteries but charge for 24H then

take off and in half a day 2 out of 4 battery bars have gone so flat in a full 24H day or very close,is this a faulty handset/sets.

Can you move the cradle to wherever you leave the phone during the day?  I don't think they're meant to be left off charge all day.  I know you'll need to be careful where you run cable extensions for your Dad.

Were the new batteries good quality rechargeables?

Can you move the cradle to wherever you leave the phone during the day?  I don't think they're meant to be left off charge all day.  I know you'll need to be careful where you run cable extensions for your Dad.
Were the new batteries good quality rechargeables?
The batteries were these purple ones and sold loads but looking at these GP ones.
You said a good point there leaving on charge as I looked at cordless being can leave off cradle for a few days not that you can pick them off the cradle and walk with them,I put it by dad off the cradle.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, jace1969 said:

The batteries were these purple ones and sold loads but looking at these GP ones.
You said a good point there leaving on charge as I looked at cordless being can leave off cradle for a few days not that you can pick them off the cradle and walk with them,I put it by dad off the cradle.

I'd definitely try some other high quality batteries before condemning the handsets myself.  

Yeah I can see why you use them, my Nan does the same, leaves her on the table near her riser chair but not even all day let alone several days, only for a few hours at a time. 

My late Nan used to take hers in the bathroom and forget about it until it started beeping the flat battery warning.  I don't know how long it lasted before that though.  She was adamant it was the bathroom light beeping as she said it only happened when the light was on...but there was no window in her bathroom so the light was always on! :biggrin: 

I'd definitely try some other high quality batteries before condemning the handsets myself.  
Yeah I can see why you use them, my Nan does the same, leaves her on the table near her riser chair but not even all day let alone several days, only for a few hours at a time. 
My late Nan used to take hers in the bathroom and forget about it until it started beeping the flat battery warning.  I don't know how long it lasted before that though.  She was adamant it was the bathroom light beeping as she said it only happened when the light was on...but there was no window in her bathroom so the light was always on! [emoji3] 
Cheers for the advice and ain't the old great,my dad is 91 and don't get out of bed a lot if at all so this was the reason,I live hear as I'm the carer,cheers.

• Like 2

Cheers for the advice and ain't the old great,my dad is 91 and don't get out of bed a lot if at all so this was the reason,I live hear as I'm the carer,cheers.

Got me some new Duracell ones the 750mah like the ones in with a 3 year guarantee so you can't get a lot better on make,there the ones that say if not used they old 80% of there charge upto 12 months.

Made some nice burgers today 😋. What sadly ruined it was I was unable to chew them as my teeth now have started to hurt from the hard bits. Took me about an half an hour just get to one and a half after getting fed up. The back teeth were feeling saw after trying to just break pieces of the bread crumb. Can't believe how tough it is just having braces on

• Sad 1

I've hit two potholes in the last month - both times bad enough for me to pull over and check the wheel expecting damage!

Fortunately there wasn't any either time, and the car still drives straight, but it's frustrating that the roads are in such a bad state when it's dark and you can't see the damn things coming :ranting:

It'll be interesting to see if the tracking's out when they check it at the next service service in April...

• Like 1

@TimST2 It's the worst time of the year for wonderful potholes to form. I'm on a main A road and there are various places where the surface course has just been washed away with the heavy rain and freezing road temp's over night (that and the additional HGV's that have diverted down the road over the last month due to a closure on part of the nearby Highways England network).

Good to hear that there is no obvious damage though. If you haven't done so already, definitely worth reporting the potholes to Somerset:

https://www.somerset.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/report-a-pothole-or-road-defect/

I hit a big one earlier this week...  I was so excited by the fact they'd filled the two that I was expecting (huge ones that been there months) that I totally missed a new one a few yards ahead! :laugh:

Pretty sure my tracking is out now, been noticed quite a bit of edgewear on the NS and also losing a bit of traction on hard right turns.  I'll have to start doing drag race launches to wear out the centres though, seems such a waste to replace a tyre just because of edge wear! 😮

My don't like for today is the BP pump...had to use a different one as my usual was out of order.  It seems to have cut off about 3 litres too early though... obviously no way to prove it but the MPG seems too good for winter.  I expect the next fill back at my usual pump will appear to have done worse MPG... 🤔

• Like 1

I've damaged one of my wheels due to a pothole and now the tyre keeps losing pressure. I was contemplating getting some 19in rims to replace the little 16in wheels on the Mondeo. Now I'm reconcidering that decision. The 19ins would look good but in the winter there looks no point. 

3 hours ago, iantt said:

I've damaged one of my wheels due to a pothole and now the tyre keeps losing pressure.

I had a tyre that kept losing pressure for years, after a pothole incident. Just a few PSI per week. Two visits to a puncture repair place failed to stop it. When the pair finally wore down, I replaced them, and they've been fine since.

With the state of the roads around here, the more rubber I have between me and the potholes, the better! I suspect they are only going to get worse, the Government is not interested.

The A35, a Highways Agency Trunk road, has a flood on a roundabout near the top of a hill every time it rains. Been like it for at least 5 years, the only effort is to put out the occasional flood sign. In heavier rain, there are 3 regular major floods on the road within a few miles. Again, for years now with no effort to improve. Fallen signs on roundabouts seem to take about 3 years to fix.

By and large, the County roads are better maintained, at least the main ones. Though the potholes on the edges of the minor roads are big enough to swallow a Smart car, so they do have some benefits :laugh:.

• Haha 2

CoronaVirus now in Europe case confirmed in France. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Zico said:

@TimST2 Good to hear that there is no obvious damage though. If you haven't done so already, definitely worth reporting the potholes to Somerset:

https://www.somerset.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/report-a-pothole-or-road-defect/

They weren't actually in Somerset (for once) - one was in Bristol and the other near Swindon.

12 hours ago, iantt said:

I've damaged one of my wheels due to a pothole and now the tyre keeps losing pressure. I was contemplating getting some 19in rims to replace the little 16in wheels on the Mondeo. Now I'm reconcidering that decision. The 19ins would look good but in the winter there looks no point. 

Which wheels are on yours now?  16s must look like sofa casters on a Mondeo? 😮 

I don't like that my council have once again failed to empty my household waste bin this week. 
I'm on assisted collection due to medical issues and this is the 3rd or 4th time within a year that they haven't bothered coming down my drive to collect and empty the bin. 
I'm not sure if they missed my recycling bin last week also as that is full too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

CoronaVirus now in Europe case confirmed in France. 

I'm actually getting a bit worried about this. UCL university has a lot of international students especially Chinese Asian which I see so scares me to travel there to that part of London. Actually saw a guy yesterday wearing those face masks 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that my council have once again failed to empty my household waste bin this week. 
I'm on assisted collection due to medical issues and this is the 3rd or 4th time within a year that they haven't bothered coming down my drive to collect and empty the bin. 
I'm not sure if they missed my recycling bin last week also as that is full too. 

I don't know how your council operates their bin collections but I do have experience on working on the dustcarts etc up here.

Up here for example, in the morning the driver is given a folder with his route in it and a list of assisted collections etc if it's a new crew or they haven't done that route in a while it's quite easy to miss an address in a long list. I'm sure that bigger councils will have a more up to date way though, PDA in the cab maybe? 

Here they send a crew out to pick any missed collections so worth a phonecall 😉

21 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't know how your council operates their bin collections but I do have experience on working on the dustcarts etc up here.

Up here for example, in the morning the driver is given a folder with his route in it and a list of assisted collections etc if it's a new crew or they haven't done that route in a while it's quite easy to miss an address in a long list. I'm sure that bigger councils will have a more up to date way though, PDA in the cab maybe? 

Here they send a crew out to pick any missed collections so worth a phonecall 😉

They will be sending a crew out within the next 5 working days. They will try to return quicker than that with me being on assisted collections. 
I don't know how they train the crews or how they give them the route info but obviously someone isn't doing their job correctly if I keep having to contact them to notify of a missed collection. 

Each time this has happened they tell me it will be passed to the depot manager for investigation and yet it still happens. The last time they failed to collect was the end of October last year. 
I will admit that it isn't easy to see where my bins are stored because of my drive but they should still be collected. I also know that they come to collect during rush hour and with my property being on a main road they won't want to spend too much time stopped as it would block the road (there are bollards and a crossing point 10 yards from my driveway and I'm also on a junction). 

42 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'm actually getting a bit worried about this. UCL university has a lot of international students especially Chinese Asian which I see so scares me to travel there to that part of London. Actually saw a guy yesterday wearing those face masks 

Not racist atall 😂 anyone can carry it, some Asian people might have never set foot in an Asian country; 

I got in to trouble with a work colleague before regarding asian people or well his adopted son 🤷‍♂️

As I was in the cinema with my kids and well a group arrived in to the movie a bit late; 

They then began rummaging through a Tesco bag to take out some crisps and were using a torch on there phone to see what they were doing,

All quite disturbing towards other movie viewers;

Anyway; I looked across towards them and saw an Asian kid illuminated by the phone; I immediately laughed and suggested to the wife to look aswell, I then said to the wife "I wonder if the movie has Chinese subtitles, next they will be sparking up a little gas hob and cooking a stir fry on the steps" 😂

I thought nothing more until the movie ended and the lights came on, I then saw my work colleague and his wife whom are both of irish origin with there son whom is well Vietnamese 😳 whoops 

He hasn't spoken to me in over four years now, 

Anyway moving on it seems it originated from Bat soup although I haven't saw that flavour available in a Heinz or bachelors tin at my local supermarket,

I wouldn't mind getting it to be honest; as I'm sick of working six days per week getting nowhere and watching other people live there lives, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club