Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Here they send a crew out to pick any missed collections so worth a phonecall 😉

You can also do it via email/online form too.  My Nans was missed just before xmas and did it online...I was amazed they sent someone out the same day to collect it!  No idea if they use paper based or electronic lists though.  I assumed it would all be on a sat nav style screen with little icons for the assisted collections.

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

I wouldn't mind getting it to be honest; as I'm sick of working six days per week getting nowhere and watching other people live there lives, 

Nothing like living your best life while also struggling to breathe eh!? :tongue: 

On a serious note though, I'm worried about it as well.  :unsure: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Nothing like living your best life while also struggling to breathe eh!? :tongue: 

On a serious note though, I'm worried about it as well.  :unsure: 

• Like 1

I really don't like that our Angel of a five year old son has cost me over €500 in collateral damage since the new year 

I'm not being sarcastic there he really is a very good kid, 

However I cant currently keep up with replacing the broken items;

First he dropped the wifes Samsung Galaxy J7 while watching jack jack play on YouTube and completely  smashed the screen, 

Second he threw a toy tractor up in to the air in his sisters room smashing the €240 Lampenwelt BRENDA LED light panel in the ceiling of there room 🤷‍♂️

That totals over €500 in damages yet hes a very good natured kid and doesn't like being disobedient atall. 

What The Hell is going to happen next 🤷‍♂️ 

I even feel terrible about complaining considering the suffering another father is going through with just having lost his three kids in Dublin last night having been murdered by there own mother; 

My wife has had postnatal depression few years back and was listened to by government officials yet her mental health wasn't all there as it should have been; her decision for a restraining order against me at the time was sanctioned 🤷‍♂️ I slept in the car for three nights on the side of some country roads until court day leaving her at home alone with our three kids which wasn't my decision but her own at the time, and the law prohibited me from entry to my own home which I alone pay the mortgage for; 

Thankfully my wife has fully recovered and her postnatal depression was that in she wouldn't leave our son down or with anyone else which stemmed from his birth when we almost lost him to pneumonia,

Hes now five years old and a good healthy young lad, very good natured and eager to learn,

Overall my point is; mentally ill people especially the female or any female for that matter can say they feel threatened then the law takes action based on hear say to isolate the woman and children to be left to there own devices without any form of mental assessment or an over see'er then you read of cases like this where the woman has then murdered her three children while the father was kept away for whatever reason perhaps legitimate or not

The mother then leaving a note on the door to say "call 999 dont go upstairs" 

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/call-999-dont-go-upstairs-note-found-as-three-young-children-discovered-dead-in-home-38893961.html 

Three kids gone from the world I have no words to describe the emptiness I feel for them and there father; i feel quite emotional about it as i was once the victim and the outsider on the run from the law and my own home due to another persons mental illness 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

Not racist atall 😂 anyone can carry it, some Asian people might have never set foot in an Asian country; 

I got in to trouble with a work colleague before regarding asian people or well his adopted son 🤷‍♂️

As I was in the cinema with my kids and well a group arrived in to the movie a bit late; 

They then began rummaging through a Tesco bag to take out some crisps and were using a torch on there phone to see what they were doing,

All quite disturbing towards other movie viewers;

Anyway; I looked across towards them and saw an Asian kid illuminated by the phone; I immediately laughed and suggested to the wife to look aswell, I then said to the wife "I wonder if the movie has Chinese subtitles, next they will be sparking up a little gas hob and cooking a stir fry on the steps" 😂

I thought nothing more until the movie ended and the lights came on, I then saw my work colleague and his wife whom are both of irish origin with there son whom is well Vietnamese 😳 whoops 

He hasn't spoken to me in over four years now, 

Anyway moving on it seems it originated from Bat soup although I haven't saw that flavour available in a Heinz or bachelors tin at my local supermarket,

I wouldn't mind getting it to be honest; as I'm sick of working six days per week getting nowhere and watching other people live there lives, 

Lol didn't mean to discriminate just that as it originated there its probably best to prevent people travelling to and from there to spread it and start a pandemic 😂. Was just talking to the nurse today in my placement and he said the NHS are prepared for it but id say the worry will be the mortality rate if it becomes wide spread. 

• Haha 1

@Lenny 

Kids will be kids I'm afraid. If I added up the amount that I cost my parents it would frighten me.... I fell through a ceiling once for instance 😄

Get a cheap phone that he can use, under supervision and for a limited time, to play his games on, and replace the light with a cheap one for now. 

As for the mother and her 3 kids, I can't even begin to imagine what that father's going through. I guess you have to thank your lucky stars for the life you have and accept any faults that your family have and to appreciate the surroundings you've created for them. I'm not really religious, but God bless you mate 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol didn't mean to discriminate just that as it originated there its probably best to prevent people travelling to and from there to spread it and start a pandemic 😂. Was just talking to the nurse today in my placement and he said the NHS are prepared for it but id say the worry will be the mortality rate if it becomes wide spread. 

Were flat out making the carrier for vaccines at the moment as in how many hours are you willing to work ? 

Sort of flat out, 

Regarding the HSE though well there already severely underfunded and overworked aswell as severely overcrowded which well really goes without saying that it doesn't help during a pandemic 🤷‍♂️

My son was once in quarantine and he contracted MRSA from the medical staff and machinery of which there was a shortage of and they had to transfer on occasions; sort of dark comedy stuff when you fully understand and evaluate the goings on but its reality here, 

We have much better facilities in the pharmaceutical industry than the hospitals, 

Regarding the hospitals a PVC lined wall with lacquered floors would be a start; they havent been updated since the 1970's here, if Ireland gets the CoronaVirus in any hospital it will wipe out hundreds for sure as the current government is a yes man to the European union, more focused on setting up provision centres in hotels bought over by nama when the owner couldn't afford to pay the Mortgage, the tax payer then supports the migrants in remote locations where they have no hope of progressing even if they wanted to, 

Meanwhile the health service is an absolute shambles and has been for atleast the past four years, no improvements and no wage increases aswell as a severe shortage of beds over 1,450 people in Ireland currently waiting for a hospital bed, while others are on beds lined in the corridors of the hospitals using bed pans in the waiting areas, I'm not joking this is reality here and now. 

And an agreement signed in Morocco last November by our government says we can take over 1,000 migrants per week in to liquidation hotels which will be changed to provision centres because the EU says we have to in order to remain European.

Your NHS will be much better run and catered for well in to the future compared to what we have to deal with here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

@Lenny 

Kids will be kids I'm afraid. If I added up the amount that I cost my parents it would frighten me.... I fell through a ceiling once for instance 😄

Get a cheap phone that he can use, under supervision and for a limited time, to play his games on, and replace the light with a cheap one for now. 

As for the mother and her 3 kids, I can't even begin to imagine what that father's going through. I guess you have to thank your lucky stars for the life you have and accept any faults that your family have and to appreciate the surroundings you've created for them. I'm not really religious, but God bless you mate 😉

I appreciate your kind words mate I'm not really that religious myself anymore; I used to be but I've become quite weathered in the past few years

when you evaluate everything life looks different and when my history of decision making and actions have moved me more towards the hell side of things its perhaps easier to drop the whole religion aspect completely 😂

Also religion was written back when the life expectancy was 30-35 years of age 🤷‍♂️ 

On the bigger picture; the light doesn't matter atall; hes alright and doesn't understand that he broke anything; as result of that I haven't expressed that I'm annoyed atall, I just asked did he know he broke the light and he said no and tried to switch it on, theres nothing to be gained by saying anything more to him, 

Regarding the history with the wife though; I've tried to move on from the past many times but its difficult to have saw that person act in a mental way, then return to themselves again over a period of time; and although they or she now acknowledge that back then wasn't acceptable; I still find it very difficult to be fully alright with that person going forward; I've lost contact with my mother over Christmas and bitter that my dad wouldn't help me out financially last September which I'd have paid him back in November, 

No trust from them atall and now no communication atall, so now it's just me and the previously mad women 😂 anyway; working six days a week now and evaluating everything in life, I'm feeling disconnected from my own family as I dont see them as much due to work, then thinking about the non existent communication & relationship with my own parents aswell as brothers and sisters 

Where did it all go wrong and it can never be right, 

Perhaps I'd have been alright now had I stayed single 18 years ago rather than now working to provide for a wife & three kids watching fellow colleges live on there wages while I'm just surviving and here I am on a car forum lamenting to a generation which is generally one level above my own kids 😂 ye know... 

I'm also drinking 2-3 nights per week where last year I drank two nights out of 365 I'm now finding a comfort in it which ain't good neither 

Overall i don't know what i want or what would provide comfort but I'm working to the best of my physical abilities which thankfully isint impaired in any way things will improve in time, I'm just learning that family don't have to die to lose them; it's hard to be humble and I'm definitely doing the best that I can 😅

• Like 3

Not heard that song in years! 😲

Still managed to remember most of the words but ask me what I did yesterday.......🤔 😄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Not heard that song in years! 😲

Still managed to remember most of the words but ask me what I did yesterday.......🤔 😄

It is a classic, 

I was brought back to it from recently watching "EL Camino" on Netflix which is a follow up movie after the series of breaking bad, 

One guy is singing Dr.Hook sharing the night together having killed his house cleaner and on the way to bury the body lol 

Got me listening to Dr.Hook again 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: whoops wrong thread lol thought you were talking about the other thread I recently post in, hiccup excuse me I'm currently on my 9th captain Morgan & coke 🤪 #FullTilt 

• Haha 1

I don't like getting home to my storage heater sounding like a fridge! :unsure:

The switch got stuck in the ON position a few months ago (been switching it at the CCU since)...do you reckon it's just the switch at fault or is the heater drawing too much current for some reason?  

@TomsFocus it nearly sounds like electric arcing! 

If it was me, I would switch it off, remove any covers and switch it back on and look (with your eyes and NOT your fingers) for anything obviously not right. 

Failing that, get a sparkie 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

@TomsFocus it nearly sounds like electric arcing! 

If it was me, I would switch it off, remove any covers and switch it back on and look (with your eyes and NOT your fingers) for anything obviously not right. 

Failing that, get a sparkie 😉

I trained as a spark 10 years ago...still hate electricity! :laugh: 

Tbh I'm thinking about just leaving it switched off permanently, depends how long until I move though, still waiting for a moving date!

• Haha 1

Was watching an episode of nightmare neighbours and Britain's job seeker capital. The first program there was these two disabled kids who live just off a building which I believe is for wedding halls. One incident there were supercars in the car park celebrating the occasion but being stupid and antisocial revving the engines for over 30 minutes. Another incident one of the boys confronted two people smoking weed outside his house and another with someone parking on on the front blocking the driveway that the other boy on the wheelchair decided to use himself to block the entrance to the wedding hall. Can't believe the stupidity and I consideration of these people ruining it for these boys and their family. Reinforces my plan of getting a house away from places like this. 

Next programme some of these people have just become lazy to work. One of the parents her 16 year old daughter decided to get pregnant by her boyfriend and live the benefits life to just about barely afford a pram. No offence but you can tell by the parents by the way they speak there's some lack of education which sadly gets passed down to the children. Seriously there needs to be some sort of support for these kids as the parent(s) just don't know. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

Was watching an episode of nightmare neighbours and Britain's job seeker capital. The first program there was these two disabled kids who live just off a building which I believe is for wedding halls. One incident there were supercars in the car park celebrating the occasion but being stupid and antisocial revving the engines for over 30 minutes. Another incident one of the boys confronted two people smoking weed outside his house and another with someone parking on on the front blocking the driveway that the other boy on the wheelchair decided to use himself to block the entrance to the wedding hall. Can't believe the stupidity and I consideration of these people ruining it for these boys and their family. Reinforces my plan of getting a house away from places like this. 

Next programme some of these people have just become lazy to work. One of the parents her 16 year old daughter decided to get pregnant by her boyfriend and live the benefits life to just about barely afford a pram. No offence but you can tell by the parents by the way they speak there's some lack of education which sadly gets passed down to the children. Seriously there needs to be some sort of support for these kids as the parent(s) just don't know. 

Thats odd, I thought you'd have been watching 'Bring back the Bush' at that time! :biggrin: 

I also saw some of that neighbour programme though...  Honestly couldn't work out if those 2 old people genuinely thought they were doing nothing wrong!  Was just wondering how badly they drove that motorhome on their drive, and presumably blame everyone else for driving like maniacs around them... :laugh: 

I did feel sorry for those disabled guys but their problem will get a lot worse now...putting it on TV is just asking for trouble imo.  :sad:  The young guy also needs to learn to pick his battles...when you're a skinny, pasty white kid you can't call a massive black guy names!! :laugh: 

Did you watch Ladhood on BBC1 around 11pm?  I've been getting into it lately.  Think the series has nearly finished though!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Thats odd, I thought you'd have been watching 'Bring back the Bush' at that time! :biggrin: 

I also saw some of that neighbour programme though...  Honestly couldn't work out if those 2 old people genuinely thought they were doing nothing wrong!  Was just wondering how badly they drove that motorhome on their drive, and presumably blame everyone else for driving like maniacs around them... :laugh: 

I did feel sorry for those disabled guys but their problem will get a lot worse now...putting it on TV is just asking for trouble imo.  :sad:  The young guy also needs to learn to pick his battles...when you're a skinny, pasty white kid you can't call a massive black guy names!! :laugh: 

Did you watch Ladhood on BBC1 around 11pm?  I've been getting into it lately.  Think the series has nearly finished though!

Lol I just searched up that program after reading. Such weird stuff you get on TV nowadays which I don't think is great for younger people. Honestly best to stay away from stuff like that especially if you have morals 😂

The scene with the older people I didn't agree with the couple where the husband was using his loud leaf blower as early as 6 in the morning just about everyday. He must have really bad OCD seeing a few leaves on his house and doesn't like it his neighbour is complaining about it. 

The two boys I remember them saying they were not going to do a certain thing as it might bring attention to their family but forgot what it was. They stated the building next door was built only 7 years ago whilst they lived in their home for much longer. Brumy doesn't look to be a great place with the Asian community there which sadly loses my respect to my own people. 

I can't be up late everyday as some days I have to wake up early for uni 

• Like 1

So many things this morning...

The guy in front of me that overtook the next car on a blind bend in a village

The guy in the van who parked on the No Parking markings and blocked the petrol station forecourt 

The fact that my train had 5 carriages and 2 were empty first class while the rest were standing room only

All the people who tried to get on my carriage before the rest of us got off

And breath...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

So many things this morning...

The guy in front of me that overtook the next car on a blind bend in a village

The guy in the van who parked on the No Parking markings and blocked the petrol station forecourt 

The fact that my train had 5 carriages and 2 were empty first class while the rest were standing room only

All the people who tried to get on my carriage before the rest of us got off

And breath...

Speaking about trains I'm currently at the station waiting for the next train. I just got at the platform and a train just closed the doors so now waiting 15 minutes for the next one. 

Do hate it also when people try to get on when you have to wait for the others to get off. Hate it the most when you standing right at the door to get off when the doors open and you get some fool from inside the carriage quickly go around everyone and in front of you and bolts out. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Speaking about trains I'm currently at the station waiting for the next train. I just got at the platform and a train just closed the doors so now waiting 15 minutes for the next one. 

Do hate it also when people try to get on when you have to wait for the others to get off. Hate it the most when you standing right at the door to get off when the doors open and you get some fool from inside the carriage quickly go around everyone and in front of you and bolts out. 

Hit him a thump in the back of the head 😂 never know who it was;

Running around like a loose battery 

• Like 1

What made it worse was the next train got cancelled so had to wait a further 10 minutes. Luckily got to class 2 minutes early 😊

• Like 2

I don't like feeling utterly useless physically atm and dreading the imminent flat move due to all the lifting and bending.  7 years ago I almost single-handedly moved my late Nan's entire hoarded cottage into a flat (and storage, auctions, skips etc!).  2 years ago she had to move again and I managed to do a large share of the work that time, despite struggling badly...but not anywhere near as much as she was!  Yet now I've had to give up all car work and can't even help others out moving the odd TV or whatever.

I've been trying to prepare by having a sort out at home and doing extra jobs for Nan etc, thought it might ease my body into doing stuff again but think I was just kidding myself, still having all the same issues.  Soon as I try to lift anything remotely heavy or bend up and down a few times I start to feel really nauseous, wobbly, lightheaded, get twinges/cramps in various areas and the latest is a slightly alarming spasm behind my breastbone...it often leads to having a dump most times oddly but lasts for ages after the event.  

Don't really know what, if anything, I can do about it.  I'm not even 30 yet but my body seems determined to have me stuck in an arm chair by the sunny window for the rest of my days.   :sad:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Got this week off work. Had all sorts of plans from building a pond in the garden, to emptying sheds , trip to tip etc. Servicing my partners fiesta, daughter's fiesta, sons Grande Punto. 

Done nothing. Lol 

Had early signs of an ear infection Thurs last week. By Friday night I was in agony. Sat morning saw Dr.  Forward to this week, now both ears infected and I'm deaf in both. Just hear muffled sounds. So tired but that could be the codiene with the parecetamol. Apparently I slept on the sofa this morning from 9.30 till 3pm and didn't move position once

At least I can't hear my partner talking to me. Could play on that when I can hear again. 

• Sad 3

cyclists that don't use the cycle tracks that they  cried for and were supplied at great cost.....

People that don't bother to indicate…...

them that don't look where their going when texting

young mothers with the largest pushchair ever in small shops..

I could go on !!!!!!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club